Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tools of Conquest [Goblin]

Started by Juno, September 29, 2012, 01:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

It had always seemed strange that she had relative peace at home. Calls at her door were rare, authorities had never visited, and yet it was not particularly hidden and was visible in plain view. Things were most commonly missed in plain sight anyway, hidden among the everyday and mundane, too often looked at in only the way it was most perceived. It had always surprised her that she had little need for disguises, as well.

Going out to the main villages or the city had never gotten her in any real trouble. Sure, people noticed, but there was never much danger to it beside the occasional threat thrown at her, the only exception being her brother's partner. Harsh words were often shoved in her face, and frequenting the markets was usually troublesome and time-consuming. Basically, there was so little to fear despite that she was almost always being watched. Most did not want to get mixed in with her for fear of retaliation, but she just saw people as lacking an open mind, lacking the ability to accept her for who she was.

Remina saw herself as normal. She lived a fairly uneventful life socially, to her great dismay, but she was working on that. She did small-time hunting to make enough to support herself comfortably nowadays, but that wasn't glamorous enough for her. Most of her time, though, was filled with daydreams instead of bettering herself in some way.

Today she was spending time in the city. As far as her own meals were concerned, pickings were becoming slim, enough that she was beginning to wonder if she would have to move to be able to sustain herself on what she wanted. She had hope for now, though, that she could scout out some new spot to hunt in as she was becoming bored of game and livestock.

She didn't think she looked so suspicious being out in the daytime like this, though, attempting to blend in as any other heading to the markets with her basket on her arm empty save for the handkerchief lining the bottom. Quite frankly she was very bored today and looking for anything that might entertain her while she went around like this, trying to blend in; even kicking a pebble around would suffice. She thought she looked as normal as any other in a long, deep burgundy dress with no frills and a black scarf tied into her hair, but she could not hide her eyes. For this she was wary of being recognized for what and who she was but besides that it was just an ordinary day with the ordinary problems that came with being herself.

The most upsetting fact about that was the loss of her cat. Again. She figured she would turn up sooner or later, as usual, but even being a cat demon herself she could never understand why the other variety never wanted to be around her or anyone else for very long. At least this one had been returning more often than not, so for that she considered her her own and she would be keeping an eye out for her today in the hopes of plucking her from wherever she'd wandered to and bring her back to the warm, snuggled safety of her home.

GoblinFae

Benjamin Hase was not having a good day. He had traveled a very long way from his comfortable home in Fallial and his mother's smothering grasp all the way to the bustling city of Ketra only to find that his main reason for coming, a special batch of rare plants from the Draconi Forest, was not only a tiny fraction of what he had ordered but also rotted and ruined.

Now, completely enraged the gangly noble was making quite the spectacle of himself in front of one of the merchant stalls as he argued with a stout woman over the tool he had invented for her in return for his plants.

"No plants, no product! That was the deal," he intoned for what was probably the eleventh time already, banging a fist down on the stall's rickety table and making the various jars on it dance slightly.

"I provided and now you deny me! I am an honorable woman. Honorable, I say! How dare you accuse me of being otherwise!" the banshee screeched, standing on her tip toes to try and get in Benjamin's face.

The alchemist grunted, wincing as the shrill voice assualted his poor ears. "Madam, I accuse you of nothing. But I am stating the truth when I say that my request as payment for my work has not been met. I am generously offering you the chance to correct this grievious error as as you can see I have fulfilled my end of this transaction. In my hands is the-

"Give it to me you worthless penny-pincher!" The harridan lunged for the young man, forcing him to take a step back in both surprise and fear. Unfortunately though, Kia was not with him on this day and the young noble tripped over a feline that had been winding itself between his legs throughout the entire ordeal.

The cat hissed, the man fell, the table gave way, and the instrument broke. Benjamin Hase was covered in copious amounts of filth, broken pottery, and foul-smelling bogwater with an angry cat clawing his leg for having her tail caught beneath him and an irate woman demanding a guard assist her with a thieving, conniving vandalizar. No, Benjamin Hase certainly not having a good day at all.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

All it took was the sounds of crashing to get her heart racing. The cries of an angry cat registered next and that was all it took for her to be off and running towards it. "Caydence?" she called worriedly, gathering in the skirt of her dress so that it wouldn't inhibit her movement as she made a mad dash for the street the market was on. Running down, she saw the frantic, jerky movements of a small animal long before she could actually see her with any detail but she had no doubts that it was her. "What are you doing out here?!" she cried, worry filling her eyes as she attempted to assess the situation she was coming upon.

The man on the ground and the scattered bits of broken things had her heart doing flips and leaps over the thought that her cat had been injured in some way, but then she saw she was caught and immediately threw herself down on her knees and shoved the man aside so that she could scoop up the puffed-up feline. "Oh, baby!" she said sadly, quickly tucking her tail in away from any near dangers and, just as suddenly, turned sharp, glaring eyes upon the man. "Watch where you're sitting, would you?! You could have killed her!" the demoness cried.

Fussing over the cat, though, and checking her all over for any sign of blood or marks quickly consumed her attention. Remina didn't even notice another man, a guard, approaching the small group that had formed. Every glance up at the thin man and the woman by the stall, though, was a sharp glare just filled with questions. "What have you done?" she demanded of them both in a short snap.

GoblinFae

With an "oof" Benjamin found himself being shoved to the side and encountering another delightful mouth full of mud. Wincing and sputtering, he attempted to spit the muck out while also not spitting at all. The manners of being a nobleman were so firmly ingrained him that even in this situation, which was so far removed from being a normal noble occurrence, he found himself unable to bend the rules in order to properly care for himself.

He could still hear the shopkeeper screeching and a movement in the corner of his eyes told him that she was wildly gesturing to him as she squawked to the guards about his impertinence and trying to steal from her. But, it was the sound of a newer female voice that drew his attention now. Behind him, the one who had rudely cast him aside was raging at him for some cause or another.

Still attempting to wipe some of the much off his face and out of his hair, Benjamin did not at first see the woman while he turned to face her. "I assure you fair lady it was never my intention to find myself reposed in the middle of business let alone in the middle of such a busy street. I assure you no harm has come to your dear feline companion. It was but her tail that was impeded and as you can probably tell she is-"

The noble froze off for a moment as he finally caught sight of who he was talking to. The catlady had the strangest eyes he had ever seen. Give himself a shake he attempted to continue, "as I was saying she is right as rain, if you will but take a look. Not a hair out of place, my good ca-lady." He offered up a lopsided smile, only to feel it falter as the harpy behind him threw something rather painful at his head, causing him to take a stumbling step forward.

"Pardon me fair maiden, it seems that business calls elsewhere," he apologized quickly and tightly as he whipped back around, unknowingly spraying mud from his hair everywhere in the process of confronting the tyrant in front of him. "Now see here! She is at fault for providing poor quality and promising otherwise," he protested to the guards that were looking very much ready to just lock them both of up and bring peace back to the marketplace.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Satisfied that the cat was unharmed, save a slightly tender tail, Remina tucked her into the basket where the scruffy animal quickly took to hiding under the thin piece of cloth there. Only then did it register that she'd pushed the stranger into the mud. Looking down at herself as he rambled on she realized she herself was kneeling in the mucky stuff. Face twisting up in disgust at the blotches of mud ground into the fabric of her dress then relaxing for the politeness in his words that she was mistaking for compliments, the woman almost missed what this entire situation was about.

She thought it awfully rude that the shopkeeper was screeching at him, but she figured from a quick look around them that it had something to do with all of the broken things strewn about the street.

Cautiously, she rose and brushed what she could off of her clothes. Opening her mouth to speak, though, she was just as quickly cut off by a dull thump that was something knocking into this misfortunate man's head. Everything was moving too fast and she hadn't even closed her mouth before he turned his back on her. This meant she was met with both a mouthful of mud and even more of the stuff sprayed onto her front in a slash, including poor Caydence with her head poking out from the basket.

Even before she could react she heard the grumpy growls of the cat fussing over itself and retreating. With eyes wide in surprise it only took her one quick glance to see the "damage." She wanted to squirm when it finally registered that the stuff was peppering her face and, she suspected, what was exposed of her hair. She worked furiously to spit the gritty stuff out as quickly as possible. The situation, it seemed, was spiraling out of control and fast. It frightened her that the guards might recognize her, but she was curious about what the cause for this little spat was that neither party was willing to give it up easily.

Seeing how many pairs of eyes were on the little group now, though, Remina acted quickly in a moment of flight instinct and grabbed the stranger to firmly lock arms with him. Making a point of staring at a particular split in the wood on the stall, she apologized to the others with, "Please forgive him, he hasn't eaten his breakfast yet and isn't quite right in the head," then to the other woman, "I apologize for the delay, he'll be back with what he owes you. Very. Soon. Thank you so much for understanding." Then, tugging on him sharply, she set her eyes on the opening of an alley she wanted to disappear into and attempted to all but drag him there to get to the good talking to she thought he deserved.

GoblinFae

Saying Benjamin was shocked was a great understatement. All he had wanted to do today was deliver his parcel and receive his payment before going back to the inn where had had been staying and get back to working on his current project. But of course that was too much to ask Kia for today. If this was the price for bolting the moment his mother mentioned marriage then he prayed for forgiveness from the great goddess because 'really,' he cajoled 'the offense is not as great as the punishment. This is a bit overkill.'

So deep was his surprise, he did not even struggle as he was bodily dragged away from the vendor and into a deserted alley. For several moments his mouth moved but no intelligible sound could be heard by man or beast.

Once he regained control over his tongue, the nobleman awkwardly attempted to extricate himself from this kidnapping woman. "Now see here young lady, I had business with that old crone and now you may have ruined all chances I had of acquiring the necessary ingredient for my project!" As much as believed himself to have sounded firm if not a bit disgruntled, what Benjamin really came off as sounding like was a whining teenager. All he could think about was the years worth of work he had put into acquiring the plant only to have all his plans wasted for naught and this stranger dragging him off and probably destroying his last chance at success.

"Did you mother never teach you any manners miss? One does not simply maul any person they feel like and drag them off to dark alleys when they are in the midst of conducting business, let alone ever for that matter! Now I demand that you take me back so that I may finish my appointed task!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

At the very least she had expected praise for getting him out of a bad situation. She rolled her eyes dramatically at the idea of her "ruining all chances" for him to get whatever it was he was after. Dropping the arm that had been holding him and stepping aside to stand in front of the stranger, Remina continued to keep tabs on the terms he addressed her with; each "compliment" awkwardly smoothed out the path for the insult that followed it.

She wasn't a fan of the grating tone with which he was speaking to her now, and she almost regretted helping him. Who is he to berate me at a time like this? she thought with her hands on her hips in annoyance. Her lips slowly sunk into a pout and her eyes flashed with irritation as she stood there with muck splattered all over her, which definitely was his fault.

How could he not see that he almost landed himself in jail or worse? How could he not tell that he wasn't going to get what he'd been after right then and there? It was too out of control, too escalated, too loud and angry for anything productive to happen. And he hadn't even apologized for the mud! Or dirtying her cat!

Her expression was cold, and sharp eyes fixed upon him that screamed he should take it all back or even find the courtesy to realize that she had helped him when all he seemed capable of was slinging mud around the market. A curt, "No," was all she uttered in response to this man who seemed incapable of anything else right now besides infuriating her.

GoblinFae

"No?" Benjamin repeated dumbfounded, his face displaying every inch of displeasure and befuddlement as he felt. "What do you mean no? You can't just answer no. No is not an answer. It does not work like that. I specifically queried you several different questions. No does not suffice as a general answer. You must be more detailed. What does no even refer to?"

Running a hand distractedly through his muddied locks, the nobleman took one look at his dirtied hand and grunted before beginning a tight circle of pacing and hand waving. "No you did not ruin my chances at business? Well I can assure you that all hope of me completing that transaction is completely destroyed, thanks to you. No your mother did not teach you manners? Or perhaps no, she did? Either way it matters not as it seems you have retained nothing of any possible lessons. No you will not release me? Madam, I have but to cry for help and the authorities will rush on their merry way to arrest you. You have no idea who are what for that matter you are dealing with."

This being said, Benjamin stilled in his pacing long enough to glare down his nose at the woman, violet eyes peaking out behind ginger strands of hair. His fingers flexed, struggling not to form fists and in turn to not as well allow his anger and therefore his magic take over. Then with a huff he shook his head and resumed the pacing, all the while muttering under his breath.

"Ridiculous simpleton. Homely bint doesn't even know how to speak properly. Bet she doesn't even know what no means. Stranded out in the middle of this goddessforsaken country and this is what I have to deal with? What did I do Kia? Tell me, what did I do to deserve this kind of hassle? I don't even know her!" He vehemently proclaimed, pointing towards the strange woman in a burst of frustration even as he allowed his head to fall forward again in defeat. "S'not fair," he weakly groaned under his breath.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Remina immediately felt as though he was threatening her by saying he could have her arrested for what she had done. Unfortunately, she really had no idea who he was and had almost nothing to hold over him in return. He did, however, seem endlessly capable of throwing insults and rude words at her.

She met his glare with a sharper one of her own, but it faltered after a few moments of staring brought her to the conclusion that she wasn't looking up at him, but down. He was short for a man, and so much so that for a moment she just stood there reevaluating him, just wondering if he was younger than she'd originally thought. That really wouldn't surprise her, though, with the way he'd been whining and carrying on.

The muttering was putting her over the edge, though. She took it all back in her head; he really must not have known her to make that mistake. To think that he would say such things to her and then start with more insults under his breath. She was speechless, and she just stood there glaring at him even harder, especially as he pointed at her like she was some thing on display in the alley. Clearing her throat, she tried to rein in the frustration as she spoke as calmly as was possible to him, "Despite what you may think, this simpleton definitely understand the language, quite clearly, and I did you a favor." Straightening up even more and lowering her hands with the hope that she wouldn't appear to be threatening him at all, she continued.

"If this is how you run your business then you're lucky it's lasted this long at all. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but you can't get the guards involved every time that there's trouble! One day you're going to wind up in jail, or get someone else stuck there because of you," she huffed, struggling to keep her voice down.

"And as for not knowing what I'm dealing with, I can assure you it is you who does not understand. Don't go slinging threats around, especially ones you can't follow through with, pipsqueak! ...simmer down and then try talking to her tomorrow. The people here don't take kindly to rude individuals such as yourself, despite what your friends may have taught you. Now come on," she urged, reaching out and grabbing his arm once again as she headed for the opposite opening of the alley. "Where do you live? I need to make sure you get home to your mommy and don't cause me any more trouble today."

GoblinFae

Benjamin yanked his arm back from the woman, just barely resisting the urge to hurl his fist forward into her jaw. "Nay, woman I do not make threats, but promises I intend to keep if my boundaries are continuously crossed by you, or any other for that matter," he stated coldly, his posture stiff and straight.

"Slender I may be, I assure you madam I pull my own weight and am not to be trifled with. There is a strength that lies within that holds a fire greater than you have ever seen. Unless you wish to burn, I suggest you pay me heed. You know nothing of my business or my person. You have no right to judge me, when anyone with eyes can see that it was the other party at fault. She attempted to cheat me out of my life's savings. You will excuse me for wishing to keep not only my reputation but also my expense account in tact.

Now," he sighed, recovering his demeanor and softening his gaze. "Where do you live young lady that I might escort you home to your father?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Wide-eyed in disbelief that her offer of help was being shoved back in her face, Remina scoffed and rolled her eyes at the stranger's words. She didn't believe him, not for a second. She did not and had no reason to believe that a short little twig such as himself had some sort of power above her own repertoire.

Tucking Cadence back into the basket again and not giving him so much as another glance, she gathered her dirtied skirts and marched right on the way she'd been heading as if nothing had happened at all. "To my father," she scoffed under her breath as she went, refusing to address him any further because of his seemingly flip-flopping attitude; she couldn't fathom why he addressed her in such a way other than to cruelly tease, but she didn't want to admit to herself that someone would do that simply for the pleasure of being cruel to her.

Remina was too wrapped up in her angry thoughts, though, to notice that one of the guards from earlier was walking by the way they had gone in. Stopping at the sight of two people there in the alley, he immediately doubled back and began to approach Benjamin. "You there! Have you seen--" he called to him, stopping short when he caught sight of the color of Remina's dress quickly disappearing down the other end, and in a blink she was gone. Scowling, he quickly stepped forward and pointed at her and demanded, "Who is she? That woman? She was the one with you before... Who are you, boy? What is your business with her? She looks awfully familiar, don't she? I'm going to need some answers here." His words changed, dripping with sarcasm as he winded down. He was beginning to get it in his head that this man was critically involved in the mess that was Remina's descent upon the city if she, this woman whom he was almost certain was her, was willing to "rescue" him.

GoblinFae

Unwilling to be caught following her, the nobleman had no choice but remain in place or else get more lost than he already was. Foot tapping and arms crossed, it was not until the guard was nearly on top of him that he finally noticed the larger man. He settled long enough to look the man up and down before finally choosing to answer, equally caught up in the man's heated demands.

"Now see here, I have nothing to do with her! She accosted me and dragged me off into this filthy alley. Don't you see what's going on here? I am just poor merchant trying to scrounge up a living. That demon of a woman interrupted my business with the lying cheat of a woman back in the square and then found it in her manic best interest to maul me. Sir, if it had not been for you I am sure I would be dead. I do not understand. Is this normal treatment to visitors to Adela? I am respectable member of my community. I deserve at least common courtesy! I am not asking for much. Now, if you would be so kind, I would like to return to finishing my business with that woman so that I may return on my way home. Please lead the way my good man."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The guard wasn't buying his words, truthful as they were. Though, he had no way of knowing the truth from a stranger anyhow. Still, he didn't like the vibe he was getting from this man. "Yes, she certainly is a demon," he agreed huffily, setting his shoulders straight as he glared down at the shorter man. "And I'm sure you're respected within your community, but Ketra is a respectable city. I won't have you tainting her with your sorry squabbles and seedy dealings. Disrupts the whole community, see?" he drawled, stepping even closer to get right in Benjamin's face.

"Before you do anything I'm going to need to ask you a few questions. Why don't you come quietly?" he suggested, gesturing to the street beyond the entry. "I need to know a bit more about whom you're dealing with before I can take you there," he lied, attempting to take advantage of his seeming inability to navigate on his own.

GoblinFae

His eyes widened slightly and he fumbled over his words to try and correct himself. "I meant no offense. I come from the capital of Fallial in Serendipity. I am the head of the Hase household. My family and myself especially are devoted to keeping the peace. I assure you that I have nothing to do with any peace that has been disturbed during my sojourn here in your lovely city. Nor are my dealings anything less than lily-white. I have a name to uphold and I dare not destroy it, no matter what country I journey into."

Benjamin cleared his throat lightly and caught his breath before motioning forward towards the entrance of the alley. "After you sir, I will of course go with you and finish filing my complaints. I have nowhere else to go as it were, all considering. I thank you for your time good man. You really are being a good sport."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The man's frown only deepened upon hearing Benjamin speak again. "I don't care where or what your household is. And if you truly have a name to uphold you're doing a fine job of it," he grumbled with a roll of his eyes. Irritated that he wasn't following his orders, the guard roughly grabbed his arm and yanked him forward with him to head back out to the street.

"What's with your attitude, boy?" he demanded. "Is this how to you talk to everyone? You'd think kids these days would learn to respect their elders, especially their superiors," he ranted, keeping his free hand firmly upon the hilt of his sheathed sword. "It's people like you... How do you know her? What can you tell me about her, hm? Or are you not going to cooperate?"

GoblinFae

"Thank you," Benjamin beamed, bowing slightly at the waist. "I take that as the compliment it is meant to be. It is always truly wonderful hear such praises from esteemed elders. Now-now wait just a moment! There is no need for this uncouth manhandling. I may be lost but I am more than capable of following instructions and of courses your footsteps. I do not need to be dragged to our destination, sir."

The nobleman was bewildered. He did not know what it was about this day but things were certainly going rather strangely. 'Perhaps it is the Adelan air. I have never seen such a strange bunch of people, with no respect for others and an awful lot of physical contact between each other. Better yet, it could be some ritual costume between them. Oh, I must be being terribly rude.'

"Forgive me, sir," he tried again, placing his own hand on the officers back. "I have been in correspondence with her for several months now about acquiring various ingredients that I need for one of my projects at home. She in turn took interest in one of my inventions and entreated me to hand-deliver it myself so that she may in turn hand over the parcels that I had been sending for. I have only just arrived in Ketra in time to receive my payment for my efforts only to find I have been cheated and the promises made to me were nothing but a pack of lies. As a working man I am sure you would understand my pains. Months of travel to obtain something to help put food on my family's table only to find out that everything was a falsehood and that I had done work that would not be repaid in any manner. It is," his breath came in a shaky rattling sound, "disheartening to say the least."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The guard didn't trust Benjamin at all and had no intention of letting him go now that he had found him, despite his protesting. His nostrils flared with a deep-set irritation, though, as he felt a hand upon his back. For a moment he let it go, seeing if it was a mistake, but when it wasn't removed automatically he roughly shoved Benjamin at arm's length by the arm he still gripped without a word of explanation. He thought he was trying to provoke him purposefully and knew it wouldn't do to react and give him what he wanted.

He was surprised, though, at the wealth of information he gave up so freely. Glancing at him occasionally as he walked him down the street, the guard began to wonder if he was right in the head or not. He must not be, to have interaction with her in such a way. Poor idiot.

"Don't be surprised by it, it is her way. She is cruel to everyone and age will not spare you from pain with her," he sighed. "What else can you tell me? What do you know about her? Where have you been sending these...correspondences to, exactly?"

GoblinFae

The nobleman was baffled by the reaction to his friendly contact with the guard. 'Must be an elitist thing. Only those on the in, actually get to do it. Wonderful,' he thought sarcastically, rolling his eyes in time with his thoughts.

"Truly?" he squawked out in shock. "She is like this with everyone, not just me? Oh then you must understand my strife! Surely there is something you can do to remedy this? I spent months working on her order only to be cheated out of payment! Unbelievable sir, I would hate to think this is the normal of your beautiful city. It is simply ridiculous though! Please, I will give you all the information I know if it will help you bring her to justice. I cannot stand to see her do the same to some other poor soul, cruel wench that she is," he growled lowly, angered at all the time he was now considering wasted on the crone's project.

Scratching at the back of his neck, he furrowed his brow in thought as he recalled the answers to the posed questions. "I do not really know much at all about her other than she wanted an order of one of my newest inventions, a simple little thing really but works with an ease that no other but a Hase could claim to provide. In fact if you are ever in need of some work done, I would be more than willing to assist you. I am quite efficient and provide only the best for my fellow man! Why I have items that marvel the world. People from all over send me requests and on my honor I work hard to fulfill them, that I do. I'm sure you can understand and appreciate a hard work ethic, what with your own honorable occupation of keeping the peace and bringing foul women, and men of course, to justice."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He was in no mood to be dealing with this man's seeming ignorance about whom he was dealing with. A frown still creased his face as he marched him down the road and just stared off at the sign for the jail in the distance. "Well, now you know how dangerous it is to be working for someone you don't know anything about," the guard grumbly chastised, though he still wasn't believing that Benjamin knew so little and was thinking so far as to assume he was some sort of liaison or partner for the woman he was after.

"What was she after? What did the...invention thing do, exactly?" he prodded, curious as to what skills or talents others could possibly have interest in from someone so...sketchy. "And what is it exactly you do? Explain to me your business."

GoblinFae

"It really was a simple little thing, something to make day-to-day life easier. Of course I am not permitted to tell you more as it is all in the standard merchant-customer contracts that I must keep affairs between myself and clients discreet. Our business is our own as long as both parties uphold their bargains. Then of course breach of the contract allows for third party intervention. I have no doubt you will bring her to justice and champion my case."

To punctuate his point, Benjamin smiled and brought his arm up and in front of him, fist curled in a sign of exuberant joy and good faith in the soldier. Then becoming more serious again, he allowed his bright smile to soft to gentlemanly interest as he cocked his head to look at his fellow man.

"My business? Well I am an alchemist and inventor. I attempt and many times succeed in making anything that my buyers ask for. Of course not all commissions are undertaken I do stay away from the more volatile mixtures; I do prefer keeping my eyebrows you see," he jested, chuckling under his breath. "Would you be interested in something? I am sure I could provide you with all manor of potions and tonics, something for a lady friend perhaps? Something to pretty her up for you mayhaps? You name it and will aim to please, especially with all the trouble you are going to, to assist me. It is the least I can do for a friend."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]