Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I'd rather stand tall than live on my knees. [Glob!] [m]

Started by Rhindeer, March 17, 2015, 11:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Fortune, Khero thought as she reached and took the glass, would be not getting caught at all! Not getting sold to the lesser of evils. Her hand shook a little as she held the glass, the wine rippling, and she took a quick gulp to try to calm her nerves.

Relax. Right. She did need to calm down. A clear head made for clear thoughts!

Swallowing down another sip of wine, she nodded. "So I've heard. So ya get why I'm all wound up, heh." Another sip, another deep breath after. "I mean. I guess this ain't how I pictured it goin' down? Gettin' served wine in a fancy carriage and all. Probably figured I'd be runnin' beside the carriage on a leash."

And, you know, that she wouldn't be in a room of monsters.

"So, uh, guess that begs the question, what'd ya get me fer?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Maybe if I was one of these human slaveowners, I might've done so, but I have a very different philosophy on how slaves should be treated. But enough about me..."

Elaros shifted so he could face Khero more properly, and he gave her a friendly smile.

"I got you to fill a gap, frankly. I have house servants, really, but I've recently lost my personal servant. She was very dear to my heart, as was I to her, and I've only now mustered myself up enough to buy another."

Rhindeer

"I see," Khero said, a little sickened at the thought. Buying a person to replace another? She'd never had any love of slavery, but of course, she was biased. Growing up on the streets as she had, it was every street urchin's fear. After all, no one would miss a dirty beggar, or even notice they were gone.

She had to admit, however, that this wasn't going as badly as she had expected. That he was even letting her talk at all like this, and so candidly, had already exceeded her expectations. Low as her expectations were...

She finished off her wine. "I guess I'm just really sure what a personal servant does? Like, yer laundry and shit? Er." She winced, bit her lip at her slip up. She'd never had to watch her words before, but Gwendolyn had smacked her around when she'd cursed.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Elaros frowned slightly at her language, but he made no mention of it. He crossed one leg over the other, and poured a glass for himself.

"Err, no. Not laundry. Tell me, do you have any skills?"

Rhindeer

"Of course I do," Khero said, and looked down at her bruised wrists. May as well start with the most obvious and hope she got placed as a doctor. That would be bearable; she liked helping people in that way, even if it drained her, so at least her existence would be useful and inoffensive until she could assess her new situation--and leave it.

"I can heal people," she said, and poked absently at her bruises. "Physical things, like cuts and breaks and bruises. Not sicknesses, sadly. Uh, that's my biggest one. I've got other skills, of course. Sleight of hand, buildin' things from nothin'...survivin'. That's a skill all its own."

She decided not to mention lock-picking.

DaGlobster

"Hm. That's quite interesting indeed. Unfortunately, I don't really see much use for your skills in the future, save for any circumstances that may arise. Your duties will consist of keeping close to me, and tending to my desires. "

He swayed his tail a bit, placing his hands together, before his eyes fell on her empty wine glass.

"More wine?"

Rhindeer

Khero actually dropped her wine glass, but she had good reflexes, and she caught it in her other hand.

"...Your desires?"

DaGlobster

"Fetch me wine, keep me company,provide conversations...among other things."

Elaros looked at Khero with a straight face.

"Once you're comfortable around me, you'll keep my cold blood warm at night."

Rhindeer

Khero went quiet, staring at him with an  "are you serious" expression on her face.

"...Ya mean like...being a human hot rock, right?" she said, thinking of the way snakes and lizards sunned themselves on warm rocks. "Layin' there and providin' body heat? That sorta thing?"

DaGlobster

Elaros chuckled.

"Yes, that's one way to describe it."

Rhindeer

Khero's eyebrows continued to climb. One way to describe it? There was a fatass elephant in this room, and so she decided to just be blunt and say it.

"Ya don't mean sex, do ya?"

DaGlobster

The two bodyguards snickered amongst themselves, but a sharp look from Elaros silenced them.

"I do. Of course, we're nowhere near that stage, yet. You haven't even earned the right to call me by my proper name."

Rhindeer

Khero continued to stare, her eyes wide and owlishly blinking. Yeah. He had to be joking. That she'd...she'd fuck a lizard-man?! How...how did that even work? Did they even have the same parts? Or did they do some freaky shit?

Her skin at first blanched, then heated, pale skin burning quite pink before she looked away from him and back out the window. It didn't matter. She was getting worked up over nothing. She'd be gone long before it ever became an issue.

"That's, uh...interestin'," she said, scratching the bridge of her nose. "Good to know, uh, master."

DaGlobster

Elaros frowned slightly.

Awkward.

"At least I'm doing you the favor of letting you know ahead of time. Any other master would've just taken you whenever he pleased."

Rhindeer

Khero shuddered visibly at that, her body tensing. She knew that all too well. Her entire trip in captivity, her entire time standing at that auction, that had been a fear constantly on her mind, of getting bought by a master that would beat and rape her. Of course, that did little to reassure her. All she had now was his word that he wouldn't.

She swallowed, glancing down at her empty glass. "And, er, ya won't? Force me?"

DaGlobster

"Absolutely not! Even if I didn't completely abhor the barbaric treatment of slaves at the hands of humans, I'd never stoop so low as to force myself on anybody. Let me repeat myself, Khero."

Elaros leaned forwards, looking her dead in the eyes.

"Nobody here wants to hurt you. Nobody."

Rhindeer

Khero let out a relieved sigh, and some of the tension eased out of her muscles along with it.

"Thank you," she said, brushing hair from her eyes. "That's...good to know!" Gah. This was so incredibly awkward. What else could she say? She wasn't sure of the boundaries and lines here, even if he was already proving to be  a gentle...person, if unorthodox and intimidating! She couldn't help feeling flustered and paranoid.

She winced. "Sorry. This is just--I'm pretty nervous? Ya know. Bein' a slave and all."

DaGlobster

"Oh, this is quite new to me, as well actually. You're my second slave, really. My first had already been a slave for several years, so she was...er...acclimated. She knew the nuances, and educated me for the most part."

Elaros poured himself another glass of wine, holding out the bottle in case Khero wanted another glass.

"She was such a nice girl, but she was brainwashed, the poor thing. A sex doll is what her previous masters used her as, and she was completely resigned to being a slave. She was incredibly obedient, but I managed to teach her. Bring her back, so to speak..."

He shook his head, sighing.

"But I'm rambling, here. Please, tell me more about yourself."

Rhindeer

Khero held out her wine glass, eagerly accepting another cup. May as well. She was going to need it, and she had to admit, it was the best tasting booze she'd had. Her usual affair tasted like piss. If she was going to be stuck here a while, she may as well take advantage in the meantime.

And so she sipped at it as the man spoke, a little surprised at his story. Poor girl. She wondered what happened to her, but didn't want to ask. It was a bit of a reassurance to hear such a story, though, for it sounded more like he'd rescued that one--and it gave her a little more insight into his character.

Then the subject came back around to her, and she started.

"Myself? Ah...alright. Hrm. Where to start...it's such a broad subject. I dunno whatcha wanna know? But I guess...well, whatever, I'll just go fer it. Okay. So..."

She pursed her lips. She wasn't the best at navigating social situations! Her world had been very small, for she trusted very few people outside her family--for good reason. The fewer people you trusted, the fewer people that could back-stab you later.

She cleared her throat and took a sip of wine, deciding upon a sanitized version of the truth.

"Been livin' on the streets of Cerenis nigh on most my life. Parents died of some illness when I was young, leavin' me in charge of my siblings. I raised 'em, pretty much, and it was just me and them against the world, just three orphans on the streets. Made a livin' as a healer," she said, pointedly leaving out the truth about their criminal activities. Not even Gwendolyn knew she was a thief; she'd never admitted to it and had fed her the same line. She had never wanted to give away anything that might reveal that she knew a little something about escape and being sneaky.

Gwendolyn had suspected; she'd seen the lash marks. But Khero had lied through her teeth, concocting a story of an abusive father, and she'd bought it.

"It's a hard life, livin' like that. Lotsa dangers. I'm sure ya can imagine. Muggers, murderers, rapists, and thieves, awful gangs, not to mention the guards themselves! They ain't there to protect urchins, lemme tell ya. Then there's the slavers, always prowlin' around. Well, a week ago, they found us. They nabbed me, but I think the kids got away. I dunno. I hope they did."

DaGlobster

"Well, my prayers go with them," Elaros said, placing a hand over his heart. It was a touching story, really. Khero didn't have to articulate for Elaros to understand the emotions that must have been behind it.

"I hope you can find some comfort in at least knowing your time on the streets is over. I know it's not much, but with time, you may grow to like your new life, despite the negative background it'll have."