Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Chasing The Scorpion's Tale

Started by visualspice, April 19, 2015, 02:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Wildfire was lucky. It was the fire they noticed first as the woman swore and managed to leap out of the way. Though it was an awkward feet, and the area around where the mill wheel fed into the building was nothing but unleveled dirt, that began to crumble beneath her boots as she made her way to a safer place.

But then when her eyes looked for the source, she bare her teeth at him and shouted, "TRESS! WE HAVE TRESPASSERS!"

And all the while the fire and smoke began to crackle and swell over head, Candy found, much to her surprise, she was no longer being attacked. Blinking,s he looked around and caught sight of Wildfire and found herself blinking.

"You?" Had he followed her!?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Koga

"Y'know, some how I just knew you were up to no good!" The Fire Mage shouted with a sly smirk on his face. Flames ignited on his fists as he looked over at Card-Trick, and then to her attacker. Knowing very well about her gun, Wildfire decided it was best to keep moving. He ran to the side, trying his best to stay out of her line of sight. His presence was already known, but perhaps if he moved fast enough she'd become disoriented. Suddenly and without hesitation, Wildfire darted at the woman, zig-zagging from side to side in order to avoid the possibility of getting shot. However, just when he got near a loud crash stopped him in his tracks.

The ceiling above caved in with a blast of fire. Standing inbetween Wildfire and the woman was a giant ball of flames, and was that wings atop it? A wizened smile formed on his lips, the Mage made a full 180 in his tracks, ran up to Candy and tossed her on his shoulder. "Someone's got some explaining to do." he teased, before making his way for the burning stairwell.

visualspice

Candy let out a yelp as she was tossed over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.
"Me explain what? If anything, you're not off the hook from following me!" she said, hoping her voice was head over the roaring flames.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Koga

"Hey you should be happy I followed you!" Wildfire shouted, making his way up the flaming stairwell. The roars of the Phoenix were heard behind them, there was definitely an intense battle going on down there. Wildfire bit his lip, worried about the Firebird. Hopefully, she'd be okay. She just needed to hold the woman off until Wildfire and the girl were a safe distance away from the mill. When they reached the ground floor, Wildfire noticed a gaping hole in the ground from where the Phoenix crashed in. Down below, he could see the Firebird and the woman in battle.

"I'm expecting an explanation for all this once we're safe lass." Wildfire said, with a certain emphasis on the word "lass"

The Mage tried to stay close to the wall as he walked across the floor. The burning wooden boards crackled beneath his feet. The boy gulped as he took a light step forward, and the wood broke beneath his foot. Quickly he pulled the foot back and then looked forward to the window across the burning hole. It was their only possible exit, and getting to it was not going to be easy.

"Any bright ideas..?"

visualspice

She frowned.
"I would have thought you had a plan. You kind of lit this place on fire!" she shouted, but blaming him would do neither of them any good as her eyes darted around the place frantically. But it seemed just about every way out was blocked...
Until she noted the moving mill and the water it was constantly dipping into as it moved about in it's endless cycle.

"There." She pointed to the water. "I think it's our safest option. We just follow the water and let the mill throw us out."

Sounded simpler than it probably was...
considering it would dump them out into it's falls- but even that seemed more appealing than burning to death. Over the cliff side, at least they stood somewhat of a chance?

Koga

"Plans aren't really my style!" Wildfire shouted over the roaring flames. It was true, he was never the type to plan ahead. He usually just runs head first into dangerous situations, making things up as he goes along. He was good at it, but it has definitely gotten him into worse situations. Yellow eyes reflected the image of burning flames. In an instant he could make all the fire disappear if he wanted to, but that would not undo the damage to the wooden floor beneath them.

Then he heard shouting from outside the mill. "THERE! THERES' PEOPLE INSIDE!"

There stood several city-guard armed and staring at Wildfire and Card-Trick. Without another word, the Mage whistled as loudly as possible, to draw the attention of Fia below and then jumped into the flowing water with the girl in his arms.

visualspice

Candy let out a yelp, and barely had a chance to draw in any water before the pair were plunging beneath the waters. And the loud, gurgling roll of water around them mixed with the chugging creak of the mill's wheel drowned out just about everything else.

And the rest happened a bit too fast for her to really know what was going on-
Because one second she was in the cold waters and being held close by the Fire Boy. And the next? The next the current was sweeping them in like a vacuum and then roughly the two were josteled together and scooped up into the mill rather than being taken underneath it.

And as the wheel went up, Candy coughed and sputtered and blinked her eyes, trying to figure out what just happened. But the second she realized it, they were already at the top of the wheel and it began to tip the other way- and soon she was clinging to Wildfire again as the two were dumped out, along with the water, clean off the cliff.

Koga

As the two fell, Wildfire couldn't help but look down at the approaching ground beneath them. A sensation of fear overtook him, and he did the only think he could think of to escape this crisis. Placing two fingers in his mouth with his one free hand Wildfire let out another loud whistle. If Fia somehow heard it over the roaring flames, she'd come to their rescue. Wildfire could only hope that the fire from the mill had dried her wings.

Things were beginning to seem hopeless as they fell close and closer to the ground. Wildfire held onto Candy for dear life, if he was going to die today at least he wasn't dying alone. He shut his eyes as he saw the approaching ground below. They were only a few meters away from it now, and Wildfire could almost feel the life drifting from his body already. When he reopened his eyes, all he saw was red. The Fire Mage was disoriented, and it took him a few minutes to truly understand what had just happened. He felt the softness of Fias' feathers beneath him. She must have flown down after them when she heard the whistle, but how?

The dampness was still in her feathers, how could she possibly be flying? It was then that Wildfire realized that she wasn't flying, she was gliding! However, the trip down still wasn't necessarily smooth. The sudden change of weigh on Fias' back caused her to glide down more swiftly, and before they knew it all three of them went crashing down onto the rocky ground. Thankfully they only suffered minor injuries. Wildfire groaned as tumbled down right on top of Candy."Sorry.." He whispered as he struggled to push himself up. When he finally arose, he immediately ran up to the Firebird and embraced her in a giant hug. "What the bloody hell would I do without you Fi!!?"

visualspice

Candy had been clinging to Wildfire for dear life. She hoped the water might break their fall and not break them at the bottom, but when they were suddenly air born, she opened her eyes for but a moment and gasped.

Her cling to the young man tigthened as her stomach felt as though it were up in her throat, and when the landing came and he landed roughly ontop of her,s he was too winded to respond, and also, too stunned to believe they had such luck!

"Oh.. oh my God... did we just... did we just fly?" And a half cocked smile appeared on her lips.

Koga

Fia cooed with delight as her damp feathers tickled Wildfires' face. "Sort of.." Said the Fire Mage as he released Fia from his embrace. "She's definitely had much greater flights than that one... and much better landings." As the rain fell down, Wildfire walked back over to the girl and offered her his hand. Then, he looked back up to the top of the cliff -- toward the burning mill. His vision was hindered by the smoke, but he was sure there were guards up there, not to mention the woman who attacked Card-Trick in the first place.

"I doubt they can see us now, but there's definitely a chance we're being followed." He said with his eyes fixed on the mill. Someone was bound to have seen the Firebird burn the mill to a crisp, and fly off the cliff. She was too big and bright to simply pass by completely undetected. "We should keep moving if we do not wish to be arrested." He turned away from the mill, and gave Candy a wink before walking into the forests away from the cliff. "C'mon now, I think a little pink-haired girl has a story for us Fi!" The Boy said with a playful tone, followed by laughter. The Phoenix turned around, and began to walk though the forest with him.

visualspice

Candy couldn't believe he was joking at a time like this! And at her expense! But she couldn't help but smile, just a little bit, as she followed after clumsily. Her legs did feel like jello, and the landing had been rough.

"I think our best bet is to stick to the wooded path here and just keep going. It'll be harder to follow us and keep us from the city."

But of course, that lead to a bit of a problem....

"Before morning, I do need to return to Ketra. I... kind of have another job to do."

Koga

Wildfire raised a brow, "Another job?" He asked as the trio walked along the wooden path. Rain still dripped down onto them, but it was beginning to die down now. A smirk grew on his face before he continued his sentence, "Alright, story time!" A soft chuckle left his lips, "For starters, what's your name and what were you doing in that mill?" He asked, looking back at her for a moment. Realizing that she was having trouble following him, he walked back to her and threw her wounded arm over his shoulder. 

"And don't lie!" He exclaimed, helping the woman limp along the trail. "And don't think I won't know if you do, because I will!"

visualspice

Candy made a face.
"Its really none of your business, but since you saved my life, the least I can do is tell you I probably shouldn't have been there and well... this," she made a gesture, for whatever 'this' was, "This isn't exactly a real job anyway. Besides.."
She grit her teeth.
"You don't need to know anyway."
How was she to explain she was a whore? She didn't exactly want her cover blown, and part of her didn't want to have the man an dhis bird thinking any less of her than they already probably did.

"It might even be best you forget about the mill and continue on to... wherever it is you were goin'."

Koga

"Fine! You don't wanna tell me, then you don't have to!" Wildfire whined, as the two hobbled along the pathway. "I don't know how you plan on working anywhere with a wound like that on your arm, but so be it." The melodramatic Fire Mage pouted and looked away from the girl disdainfully. However, he continued to help the girl along. The Girl may have refused to explain herself, but that didn't mean that she didn't need help. Besides, Wildire wasn't ready to let this go yet. "I don't think we'll be going just yet." The boy said with a sly grin on his lips. "We'll get you away from this city, and escort you back on the 'morrow." Snickering slightly, he continued on, "obviously we can't trust you out there all alone." When his laughter died down, Wildfire sighed.

"So can we at least get your name?"

visualspice

Candy grimaced, and tried to smile through it all, but she was very exhausted after all that occurred. She even laughed along with him, though mockingly and jestfully so. But it was evident she wasn't in the mood, and when he asked her name, she paused and blinked.

"I thought I told you my name."

Koga

"No you didn't!" Wildfire nearly shouted, his temper was clearly starting to get the better of him. It just bewildered him how one person could be so evasive; he couldn't even ask for her name without being questioned. The young Mage may have slightly insulted her, but in truth he hadn't realized it. He was simply trying to make some sort of conversation. Kodas' lip quivered, and a small growl could be heard from his lips.

He was just about to open his mouth, with the intent of making some sort of rude remark, when he felt Fias' head nudge against his back. "Whaaat?!" He shouted, but the Phoenix clawed back at him just as loudly. "But she started it..." Wildfire replied to the bird, however Fia was having none of that. She simply cooed, and Wildfire sighed. "Fiiiiiine."

The Fire Mage turned to face Candy, and held out his hand. "My name is Koda Loghaine, but my friends call me Wildfire."

visualspice

Candy chewed on her lip. Damn. She didn't want to use her real name but she could just feel the frustration oozing from him.
"Candy." she said. She shook his hand once, firmly. "At least most call me that." Not that her real name was even valid anymore. Besides, she couldn't see this man ever stopping at The Randy Peach. So her stage name there would do, and was more or less her name now.

Koga

"There we go!" Wildfire smirked to himself. "Candy's a fine name! You didn't have to be so scared of telling us!" He chuckled a little bit, and then nudged Fia with his elbow. "Someone's finally opening up a little bit, huh Fi?" But the Firebird merely ignored him. It seemed that she was getting tired of all this walking, after all her legs were not nearly as strong as her wings. Wildfire caught on to that immediately, and found himself wondering how much longer they could walk before they would have to stop for Fia.

"Say... do you know where this path even leads anyway?" The Young Fire Mage asked, only just now realizing that they had been blindly walking through the woods for what felt like hours.

visualspice

"To be honest.." she blushed. "I really wasn't paying attention."
And what did he mean Candy was a fine name? To her, it was the most stripper sounding name around! Then again.. she supposed he could presume she, or her parents, had liked candy.

Koga

"Well.... shit." It had been dark for quite sometime now, and Wildfire and Fia never did find that hotel room. The Fire Mage yawned, after everything he went through during the night alone, he was exhausted. If he forced himself to walk much longer he was bound to pass out eventually. "Whataya say we camp out in the woods tonight, Fi's getting tired." Wildfire forcefully laughed a bit, trying to cover up a second yawn. He placed a hand on Fia's saddle pack. "I've got a tent in here. It's a little small, and probably a little damp, but it's looking like the best option we've got."