Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Crossed Paths

Started by Laraine, June 12, 2015, 09:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laraine

Blinking at the others words at first she was confused, then a blush erupted on her face and she coughed a bit, quickly rolling away from the other into the sheets. "Ah, thanks." she chuckled nervously and glanced back at him once her face calmed down.

"Well then, Goodnight. I hope you enjoy your room." She cuddled the blankets a bit more, hoping that the other would go soon. This guy....he made her heart do weird things that she wasn't sure if she liked.

Still, she knew she wouldn't be sticking around. She'd have to leave this place soon. Maybe tomorrow morning she'd look once more for a job before leaving.

visualspice

He flashed her a toothy grin and as he approached the door and stepped out to leave, he turned back around to lean in as he whispered in an odd voice, "Sweet dreams." And then he added, "And be sure to use that extra blanket on the settee if you get to cold." ANd if she's observe, that too, hadn't even looked disturbed like how the rest of the things in the room had not.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Laraine

Raine peeked her head from the cocoon of blankets she had settled in to see the blanket he had spoken about before eyeing the door where he was and swallowed a bit. Once he left she untangled herself from the blankets and got to her feet, sighing. She unclasped her cloak, falling to a puddle at her feet. She spun around, her long pink locks floating in the wind as she reached over and grasped her night clothes. She quickly got changed and then settled back into the bed, staring up at the ceiling and just, pondering the oddities that was today.

"That guy...was so strange.." Muttering, she glanced back at the door and looked at the key he gave her, lying on her side and just wondering what that man was. She sighed and slowly began to fall fast asleep.

She didn't awaken again until early the next morning, although she didn't sleep well at all. It was the same nightmares, they caused her to toss and turn and feel more unrested than the night before.

It was getting closer to the anniversary after all.

visualspice

Last night had been harder on him than predicted. Five years ago today, in this very room he 'had' to procure, , was the first place he made love to Jada Rein. His Jada Rein, who left him without batting an eye, and all their past memories, the good and bad, left him wallowing in misery. So by the time Rain might be waking up, she'd hear a lot of commotion coming from the main floor. And just by the sounds of it one could deduce it was Dao, with his subtle accent and over all way he spoke. One could also deduce he was shit faced drunk.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Laraine

At first, Raine didn't hear anything. She simply slowly started to wake up and stretch in her bed before staring up at the ceiling. Then faintly, just faintly she could hear something. Unsure of where it came from, she simply ignored it and stretched, cracking a few stiff joints and sitting up, huffing and brushing a hand through her long pink locks.

As she sat up, she pondered on what she was going to do. She was exhausted still, but something was pulling her onward and so she quickly got dressed, gathered all her belongings and brushed her hair, pulling the cloak on and pulling the hood over her hair.

It was tiring doing the same thing over and over again. But this was to protect herself after all. So she quickly walked out of her room and went downstairs, hearing a familiar voice that didn't sound sober at all.

She was curious and managed to spot Dao, frowning at his obvious behavior. She debated going over there and trying to calm him down maybe. But she was hesitant.

"Dao? Is that you?"

visualspice

At her voice, the man turned around, wobbling as he did so. He managed to catch himself on the back of a table.

"Hey!" he went on, bursting out with laughter as his eyes shined with drunken mirth. He pointed one finger at her and swayed some from where he stood. "It's Room 206," he told her, calling her by her former room number than her name, his grin growing as he hiccuped and laughed again.

"Hoooooooooooooooow was your sleep?" he asked, his h's pronounced with a lot of flem gathered in the back of his throat. "Look at you... all bundled up."
He laughed and continued to sway. Thankfully he was holding the table, or it appeared as if he might simply fall over!

"I told you it could get cold in there!"

Laraine

Raine smirked and rolled her eyes a bit, for two reasons really. One, she could smell the others breath from where she was, and two for the nickname he decided to call her at the moment. "Yes, yes, it was nice and cool. You, however appear as if your a bit overexcited." She stated, arms crossed.

"Not that its any of my business, but you look unwell. Want me to bring you back to your room?" She asked with a tilt of her head. She hesitantly walked closer, wondering why she was even bothering. Still, she didn't want to leave him in case he did something stupid. Goodness knows, people do really stupid things when drunk.

visualspice

"Unwell?" There came his strange laugh again. And another hiccup. "If anything, I'm better than ever. Than the king or queen or emporer!" He pointed at her. "But that..." he paused to grin," thats a good idea. What's yours is mine and mine, yours. Room 206!"He held up his glass and toasted. "To a great room we've shared." And he guzzled down the drink.

Laraine

Raine looked at the other and sighed a bit, wondering what she could do to get the guy back to his room. He seemed completely out of it. She reached out and grasped him gently on the shoulder. "Dao....c'mon..lets go back.. I think you have had enough to drink." She said worriedly.

visualspice

"Maybe alone!" He went on with a laugh. "But you know you could join me!"

Laraine

Raine shook her head and tried to steer him towards his room. "C'mon lets go...I don't have time or the luxury to get myself drunk like you do. I need to find a job or leave." She smiled a bit at him. "And I'm sure you'd like a nice nap wouldn't you?"

visualspice

"Sleep nothing!"He waved off the idea. "Do you even know how long I can boast without sleep? And how can you care so much about a job?" he went on, pointing at her accusingly. "Shouldn't you be more concerned your new friend needs you to share drinks? Don't the people from where you're from have manners? What if you leave me and I just pass out? Wouldn't you feel bad you weren't there to help?"

Laraine

Raine blew a stray hair from her face, finding this guys attitude right now rather trying. Granted she had never real learned much in the manners department. She'd been on the run since she was young. And this is why she was trying to get the guy to his room before he did pass out! Oy, what had she gotten herself into?!

"Some of us need a job to live. Without any money I won't eat tonight Dao." She sighed and shrugged. She figured now he was a grown man and couldn't take this much longer. "Your not winning this." She smirked. "Either you come with me to your room now or I shall leave you to your lonesome!"

visualspice

"Bah, money. If you care so much about money, why don't you marry it?"

Laraine

Raine twitched a bit, up to her limit and about to open her mouth to say something back when she noticed a figure in the corner of her vision. Turning her shocked purple eyes she noticed a man proudly walking into the room. Short cropped hair, the color of her own. But instead of amethyst orbs, he held fire brimmed irises. Ruby met Amethyst and Raine felt her world slowly fall apart.

Oh no....

"Found you." The man stated, stepping towards her.

visualspice

But Dao seemed to ignore him.
"Well? You know if you need money that badly I still owe you for the room..."

Laraine

Raine was still eyeing the man before her wearily, half listening but mostly ignoring Dao by this point. "What are you doing here?"

The man smirked, brushing a hand through his rose locks. "Why else would I be here?" he raised a hand, lifting a semi heavy chain which clinked and alerted others in the room that something was going on. The tension in the air suddenly thickened and Raine cursed a bit under her breath, grabbing onto Dao's arm.

"Not now Dao...we have to run!" The chain flew towards them both and Raine yanked the other away before he could be hit with the oversized chain of metal that once connected with a nearby chair, broke it in half.

Opting to find a place she could fight the demon on equal terms, she dragged Dao through the Inn and out the front door, having no time to remember or worry that she was dragging the poor man into her own mess. She bolted down the road, still grabbing onto him as the demon followed after them.

visualspice

Before Dao could protest, the woman was dragging him away.
"Hey! Where do you think we're going? Hey!" He tugged on her arm. "Why are we running away from the booze?" he asked, accusingly. "Your friend back there could join us. Looks like he could use a drink."

Laraine

Raine simply chuckled and glanced back at Dao, while continuing to run. "Sorry Dao but that 'friend' you speak of isn't really one who likes to get drunk, even if you paid him." She snorted a bit. Continuing to run, she glanced back and noticed that the demon relative was getting closer. She turned right down a long path that lead to a dead end and stopped. Glancing around herself and Dao, she realized that this path probably wasn't the best one.

But before they could escape, the robed demon entered from behind them. Raine spun around to face him, pulling forth from her waist a long wand made entirely of crystal. She smiled at Dao before turning back to the demon. "Ah I really didn't want to fight today." Shrugging, she stretched out her arm, holding the wand a bit more steady.

"At least let Dao go, Richard. He really doesn't have anything to do with this." She nodded to the man next to her, signaling him to get away.

The demon, now named Richard smirked. "I see you are on a name basis with this..stranger. Its your fault you know you dragged him into this." he grabbed a chain that had been wrapped around his waist and flung it to the side of the building to the next of them, tearing through it like it was nothing.

"You don't give me orders...half breed."

visualspice

Dao used a punky to pick at his ear.
"Ha-eeeesh! All this yapping and testosterone is two stories too high. And this party of two wasn't meant to be a party of three," Dao went on. "Besides, I'm no good at sharing and I only do threesomes if the third party is another woman and despite you're whinning, I'm not really seeing a woman before me," the vampire went on with a grin as he stepped closer to Richard.