Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Saving Grace [Darkened Skies Event]

Started by Codex, July 11, 2016, 07:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codex

The grey draconina continued to quickly sprint across the rooftops, wearily looking behind him to keep tabs on his chasers. One behind him seemed to be gaining ground. The man masked by shadow was close behind, not taking any mind to the obstacles the Draconian didn't have the luxury of avoiding. However, before his thoughts could wander too far, there was a sudden commotion in front of him. The sound of magic hit hie ears and his lizard head darted forward to see a giant nine tailed fox. He skidded on the shingles of the roof to slow his advance as the canine lunged at him. With a loud "HISSSS" he put both his hands forward to try and halt the attack. However it didn't work. The fox managed to knock him over, but his quick feet kicked the animal from his chest... However, the girl on his back was gone? During the heated encounter the ropes had snapped, and Vaia laid motionless on the roof top just a few feet away, and she was slipping. The sleeping girl was only a few meters from a near 16 foot drop into a busy street, and the ground between them was disappearing fast! The grey Draco paid no attention to the fox, and lunged after her.

Meanwhile, in the market the other Draco quickly hurried. His mind was focused on one thing. He needed to get back to the meeting place. Assuming his friend was capable enough to meet him there, his job was finished. However, it didn't seem he was going to make it. With a sudden crash, an armoured figure dove between the stalls in front of him, and cut his leg with a sharp blade. the Draco hissed in pain before quickly stumbling forward and skidded on the cobblestone ground. He turned himself over, knowing his chase was done...

Fukurou

In a flurry of smoke and mist the spirit flew through the draconian and clutched the girl firmly by the collar of her shirt. Together, they dove down to the streets where they were met by a very out of breath Rylzyr. He caught the girl in his arms and continued along the busy corridor, yelling up to the shadow cloaked man, "don't let him get away!"

Arclightning

Rathen nodded to the Mage. He wasn't entirely sure how he knew he was a mage, he just smelled like magic to Rathen. He stepped off the roof and fell, trailing sparks and smoke. He landed with a thump, spraying sparks in every direction. After a second of recovery Rathen lunged after the grey Draco, grabbing his throat and slamming him into a wall. The Draco recovered quickly and using the wall as leverage kicked Rathen away.

OOC: Are the draconians supposed to successfully kidnap vaia?

You had to see it

Mortum looked down at the fallen draconian, before reaching down at him. The Draco tried to kick him off but he caught his leg and twisted, the resounding crack being followed by the Draco shouting in pain. Mortum started to drag him to an alley as he shouted and grabbed uselessly at his arm. Mortum looked back to see the shadow man struggling with the other would be kidnapper. The girl appeared to be safe, at least for now. He pressed the Draco up to the alley wall with one arm. The Draco pulled a knife but Mortum had expected something like that and grabbed his arm pressing it to the wall and squeezed. More cracks could be heard followed by more pained shouting. "Listen well scum," he said, voice dripping with contempt. "broken bones will be the least of your worries because if you don't talk I'm going to start cutting thing off, and trust me, they will be things you'll miss."

Codex

(OOC: No, they're not. We can void the Draco escaping from Rathen.)

The grey draconina hissed as the shadowed man slammed him against a wall... "Heheh... You have no idea what you're interfering with?" The other Draco sputtered as he spoke to Mortum. "Soon, all of you will perish! Hehehe.. If we couldn't get the job done, others will! the void has been opened... Black wings will fill the Darkened Skies!" They both realyed the same message to both of their captors... Suddenly, both the lizards bit down hard on something in their mouths. Their jaws began to fizz, and their breathing slowed... They were dead. A suicide pill had done the job...

All the while, Vaia's eyes slowly began to twitch. Her mind locked into a deep sleep, but it was evident it was wearing off soon..

Fukurou

With Vaia still in his arms, Rylzyr rounded the corner into an abandoned house. He crouched down against the back wall and cradled her in his arms.

"Hey girl," he said as he patted her cheek. Vaia mumbled under her breath but was otherwise unresponsive, so Rylzyr took out his flask and poured water all over her face. "Wake up!"

You had to see it

"Damn" muttered Mortum, "Damn, Damn, Damn." These weren't mercenaries they were zealots, part of some doomsday cult perhaps, thought Mortum. He left the dead draco and walked out of the alley. He could see the mage holding the girl in question. He needed to find out what the draco's wanted with her in the first place. As he walked to the Mage he saw both the other draco dead and the other pursuer, he would have to question him later. Approaching the mage he asked "Is she... alright?"

Codex

"Hrmmm... Wha...?" Vaia's eyes slowly flickered opened as the wet sensation hit her face. Her brow shifted upwards as soon as her vision returned, and witnessed a very strange looking man peering down at her. "HUH?" She exclaimed rather loudly, her face getting red as soon as she realized she was being held. Her head darted around the street, realizing this wans't the same one she last remembered being on. She saw the dead draconian not far off, and her mouth quivered. "Who..? What happened?" her head was full of questions.

Fukurou

"Hmm... she's fine now," Rylzyr said with a snort. His gaze shifted to Vaia. "Who are you? Why where those Draconians after you and..." Rylzyr raised an eyebrow as he glanced down at the amulet around Vaias neck. "Why does a girl like you have an amulet like that?"

You had to see it

Jewelry. The girl was just drugged and nearly kidnapped by a group of highly trained, well equipped draconians who spouted some apocalyptic jargon and Rylzyr asked about her jewelry. He sighed and walked over to the dead draconian loudly saying,

"More importantly, who are our dead zealots?"

Codex

Vaia's facial expression told the two men she had no idea what they were talking about. "I uhh..." She started, still studdering. She tried to answer the questions she knew to the best of her ability. "I'm Vaia..." She started before looking over to the dead Dracos. "I... I don't know who those are... Did they try and kidnap me?" She pondered, still not grasping the entirerity of the situation.

Soon, the horned man asked about her amulet. Vaia's face looked down at her chest to see the dragon rift amulet lying dormant on it's chain against her breastplate. It had the same beautiful pulsing, faint purple color. "My..." She stopped, thinking of a word to try and describe her dragon mentor. "My f- father gave it to me..." She said, suddenly looking back up to him. "Who are you people? And what happened?" She felt her head, still sore from the chase she was unconscious for...

Fukurou

"Hm... Perhaps that's why they were after her..." Rylzyr mutter to himself, his eyes resting steadily upon the girl's amulet. He could feel the magical energy emanate from the amulet, filling the air with a soft tingling sensation. There was no doubt that there was something quite special about this piece of jewelry.

Completely ignoring the girl's questions, Rylzyr's eyes snapped up to meet Mortum. "What happened to the Draconians?"

You had to see it

Mortum crouched over the dead draconian and opened his mouth. "Suicide pill, same as the one was chasing. They came willing to die." Not many cults he knew of could pull off something like this. More importantly why her?

He stood up and walked back to Rylzyr. "Who ever put them up to this invested quite a bit in their equipment. Did your Draco say anything about the void or black wings?"

Codex

Vaia stared completely confused at the two men.  Finally she pushed herself off of Rylzyr's arms and stood up. Woha, whatever happened sure did something to her head. She had trouble keeping balance for a moment, using the wall to support herself, until she was able to regain her footing. She arched an eyebrow at the other man's question. "Wh-.. I'm sorry, I have no idea what's going on, can someone please explain to me what happened?" She asked, in an irritated tone.

Fukurou

A puzzled look swept across Rylzyr's face as he studied the merc before him. "The void? Black wings? Huh?"

You had to see it

Mortum looked toward the girl upon hearing the question. "Well our dead draconian over there and a few of his friends drugged you and attempted to kidnap you. We happened to be in the area luckily." Odd that the Mage was there at all, he would have to check on that later.

He looked back at Rylzyr "When I tried to interrogate one of them he used a suicide pill, I can see this one did the same thing. Before mine died he said something about the void opening and black wings over dark sky's, or something to that effect." He paused before adding "Shouldn't you be going back to practicing spells or fraternizing with demons or whatever it is your kind does?"

Fukurou

Rylzyr pushed himself off the ground and crossed his arms. He rested his icy gaze on Mortum, his expression unreadable save for a slight scowl that lay across his face. "Funny you should ask that. I actually just finished sacrificing babies to the demonic overlord of absolute evil," he said with biting sarcasm.

He snapped his gaze away from the bounty hunter and rested it on the girl that stood before him. "Anyway, it looks as though someone wants you for something, which should be obvious enough. So there. Your explanation. Take it as you will."

Codex

Vaia began to feel rather small and insignifcant as she watched the two men talk. Obviously there was some tension between the two, seeing as the horned man just retorted a sarcastic comment... Or at least she hoped it was sarcastic...

That's when he turned over to her and elaborated on the obvious situation. Vaia still had no idea who those Draconinas were, or WHY they drugged and tried to kidnap her in the first place. "I uh... I'm not sure what to make of this..." She answered honestly, looking over to the dead Draco. That's when she walked over and kneeled next to the body. She held open the lizard's mouth and peered inside. The suicide pill had killed them like the armoured man had said. She then took a look at their garments. Looking for anything that would tell her who they were... That's when something fell from a pocket flap... It looked like a piece of parchment, a note!

You had to see it

Mortum chuckled from beneath his helmet."Funny, and here I thought you wouldn't have been insulted considering your... Friend." After there last encounter Mortum had asked around and while there wasn't much to be found about the mage rumors ran rampant about his race, especially in regards to demons. While Mortum normally didn't buy into such rumors, but his experience with Rylzyr didn't exactly go against the popular image.

"Try not to get in my way and I might not have to hurt you." He said, his voice filled with venom.

Fukurou

Rylzyr guffawed. "That's cute, corpse. Just... try not to assault people and we should be fine. Anyway, this isn't about us, now, is it?" He walked up to where Vaia stood and scooped up the note that lay beside her feet. He remained crouched in front of her, looking up at her with his steady gaze as he presented the note. "Young lady," he said with an usually soft tone to his voice. "It seems as though you've dropped this."