Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Trouble with Magic

Started by DragonSong, August 30, 2016, 12:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"The bracelet?" Ilia frowned and looked at Verik. "Is something wrong?"

He winced. "It's...not a big deal, Ili, it's just-"

She punched his shoulder, hard, and he huffed out a breath. "Damnit, Verik, why don't you ever tell me about stuff like this?!" She turned her glare on Rylzyr, though it was clear her brother was the one she was angry with. "What do you need to know?"

Fukurou

The mage stood silently as he watched the siblings' interactions take place. "I assure you, my lady, that this is only a minor issue and one that can be easily solved." He nodded, his expression remaining gentle and patienthe against the woman'should glare. "Fist, where did you acquire this piece of jewelry?"

DragonSong

Ilia glanced back and forth between them. "A vendor in the lower markets. He was only in the city for a week or so."

Fukurou

"What was he like? And did you happen to catch his name?"

DragonSong

She frowned. "He was... I don't know, a merchant. Connloathian maybe, or Serenian. I think his name was Marcus or Marco or something."

Fukurou

"Hm...." Rylzyr looked off thoughtfully into the distance as he rubbed the bottom of his chin with his hand. "Well," he began slowly, bringing his attention back to the woman. "Did you happen to notice anything... off about him? And do you happen to remember what his other wares were?"

DragonSong

"Mostly jewelry." Ilia shrugged. "I'm sorry, I didn't really think much of him. I just saw the bracelet and thought it would be a nice gift."

She frowned, looking to her brother. "What's wrong, Rik?"