Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Friends in unlikely places.(Blink, Glorilyss)

Started by ValamLym, September 02, 2016, 06:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValamLym

The slow, lumbering thumping of hooves disturbed the midnight rest in the little village, as Kirsten and her band of misfits returned from a rather... unsuccessful hunt. An annoyed Kirsten sat in front of the carriage, the ropes holding the horses dangling idly in her hands. She pondered where to set up camp for tonight, she figured a few kilometers outside of this particular village would do she needed to feed anyway. Her day dreaming was interrupted when a man ran in front of her carriage, almost startled she reeled back her horses, stopping only inches before the man.

''Do you make a habit out of sprinting in front of carriages like an I-''

she slapped her hands on her mouth, as her fangs extended Not now, why now... she thought, eyeing the man who now walked closer to the carriage.

''I'm so sorry miss.. thank you for stopping though.. Have you seen my son?'' he gave placed a drawing of a rather hairy looking lad in her lap, she couldn't help but chuckle beneath her hands before speaking, her voice muffled and annoyed.

''No I haven't, can you leave now I'm way to busy... I'll keep the drawing, in case I see anything.''

The man sighed defeated before nodding and walking off again. Giving a few glances over his shoulder at the peculiar creature he just met. After all, even in a land like this.. Cat-girls were apparently still rare. She sighed, one of her goons sliding up beside her. ''Boss, if you need to drink some b-'' He was interrupted by a fist crashing into his face, sending him skittering across the ground before slamming into a nearby wall. She eyed the bystanders, who were all staring at her in disbelief.

''I...I have a very strong left hand.''

She sighed, not as much at the fact at how stupid an excuse that was. But more at the fact that they even bought it, nodding and returning to their business. She eyed her associate, who had collected himself from the ground and sat back down on the carriage, not speaking a word. She finally removed her hands from her face. Her elongated fangs taunting her goon ''Sorry, you asked for it.'' she muttered, before turning her gaze back forward. Riding the carriage out of the town and down a dirt road only a few meters away from said town.

While her goons set up camp, Kirsten went out to find something or better yet someoneto drink. She had wrapped a scarf around her face to hide her fangs. But she'd have to find someone soon or the blood lust would simply take over. Another sigh, before she used her un-natural strength and grace to launch herself up and over the wall, rather then using the main gate. She landed on a structure a few inches behind it without so much as a noise, being a vampire had many perks. Stealth and strength only scraped the bottom of the barrel of those perks. She coiled her head upward, sniffing. Soon a foul stench of wet dog met her nose Werewolves.. of course..she thought, a wicked grin on her face.

She dashed along the rooftops toward the source of the smell. Few things in life gave her greater joy then biting her natural enemies. Especially considering how those enemies more often then not highly underestimated her. When she entered a clearing in town, she found her price. It seemed her prey had been on the hunt as well, as she found him gnawing on the side of a deer. She smirked before landing on her feet behind the creature. Its ears perked and it began growling as it finally caught wind of her. Without hesitation it charged and so did Kirsten, when the two met however the struggle was over before it began, Kirsten slipped under the hulking beast, before using her feet to launch herself back, her thighs embracing the creatures neck as she spun to get her hands on the ground, using his own brutish charge and her strong legs to send him tumbling across the floor and into a well with a hollow thud.

She perked her ears to see if anyone had heard, but so far.. so good. The beast was already getting back up however.. as was expected of a werewolf. But before long it found itself locked between her thighs once more, this time in a strangle hold. It began whimpering now, knowing full well that the creature holding him down was his species' arch nemesis, she snickered, before bashing his skull with her hand, knocking the beast out cold. When the creature lost consciousness she realized where that man's boy went.. as he changed into an exact copy of the drawing she had been given.

She stood before quite the pickle. This creature knew of what she truly was and hoping that knocking it out wiped its memory was a bit more wishful thinking then she liked. She sighed as her hunger urged her to make decision. She shrugged, why did she always feel the need to help others anyway? she would always be that vile creature of the night to them. Her conscious cleared, she bowed down and sank her fangs into the man's neck. She drank and drank, leaving the poor sod on the verge of death before pulling away from him.

''Maybe now your kind will think twice before messing with mine..''

She muttered the words. Not sure why she said it herself. She after-all was shunned even by her own kind. Just because she was prettier then most of them. Another sigh, such a hassle... she thought to herself before getting back up. At-least her hunger was sated for another few hours or so. But what was she to do in the meantime? Her eyes searched the surrounding area. Her hazy vampire creature allowing her to see through some structures with a moderate amount of effort. When she found a tavern, she clapped excitedly, wrapping her scarf back around her neck wiping the blood from her face. She didn't cover her mouth this time though as her fangs had returned to normal. In this form, they'd be written off catlike fangs anyway.

''Thanks for the meal''

She muttered to the man on the ground. Whether he'd wake up ever again was a question, but she felt bad at the thought of killing him. If he gave away her true identity nobody would believe him anyway. Nobody suspects the cute girl.. nobody ever does. Despite those usually being the vampires. She shook her head, clearing her mind. Strutting down the path and back onto the lively side of town, it was odd how half of this town was dead, save for the plaza just in the center, that seemed to never die down. 

She slowly pushed the door of a tavern open, it seemed rather crowded.. but that was how she liked it. How are you supposed to have fun drinking when you've got nobody to share it with? However, she wanted a moment of respite, so she choose a table that was still empty, five open seats remaining. Naturally, the tavern had gone completely silent when she entered, she was used to that by now. Eyes eagerly tracking her tail, her ears.. until the met her blade. Then they instantly looked away again. She snickered as a tavern wench came to her ''What shall it be, my lady?'' she inquired. Kirsten smiled at the woman ''Your best ale, I've got a lot of sorrows to drink away.'' She chuckled, watching the lady walk off. Whom came back surprisingly fast, ale in tow. That was quick... she thought, as the ale was placed in front of her.

She reached down and unfastened the scabbard of her blade, placing it on the table for all to see. She was honestly just curious... who would try to steal it?

Blink

Fuzzy, like a wolfs fur. That is how everything seemed to Karida as she took another swig of her ale. Softly she ran her fingertips along the bar-top "So soft" she whispered to it lowering her head to lay on the allegedly soft bar-top even though it was just wooden.

With her head still laying on the bar she turned over to stare at her cup of ale. "Your my best friend" she pronounced to the lone cup. "You understand me" one of her eyes winced at it "You know my pain".

She tapped at the cup, causing it to scoot just a few centimeters. "No No No!" she exclaimed sitting up grabbing the cup and holding it to her cheek. "Don't run away".

Karida's attention then turned to the door as a girl walked in. She listened as she made her order, hearing the girl say she had to drink away her sorrows. Clumsily Karida slid off of her stool and made her way over to the girl plopping down in a seat next to her uninvited.

"Us girls got to stick together" she said smiling at her. "Screw bad people!" she shouted a little too loudly as she imagined all those who had ever done her wrong. Slowly she lowered her head to the table as she had done at the bar, caressing it with her fingertips... she signaled to the barkeep for another drink. The barkeep shook her head in denial, Karida had been cut off.

Of course this was never how Karida would normally act. Most of the time she was a quiet girl, keeping to herself only expressing her pain with those she trusted. But once you have had so many drinks of liquid courage your world turns upside down.

Karida lifted her head. "I can tell you my problems if you would rather hear them... because there is this boy..." Karida paused "Lets not lie here... hes a man... Yeah... a man!" she turned her attention back to the table petting it again "His beautiful grey fur... Ahem... I mean hair is so beautiful... did I mention how beautiful it was?" she asked rhetorically. "But anyways he has the beautiful grey fu--- hair and it just looks so soft I wanna touch it! ALL THE TIME!".

Karida continued to stroke the table stuck in her little fantasy. Not even realizing she had not asked for permission to sit down, introduced herself.. or for that matter given the girl a chance to respond.

(OOC: Sorry if this is not serious enough. Didnt realize how bad it was until I had it plastered on here. Since she has been "cut off" she will calm down in the next few posts.)

glorilyss

The world was turning, and something was wrong.

Okay, so more than one something. There was a pounding hammer tapping steadily away at the space behind her left eye, and things were still sort of spinning. The indistinct outlines of little almond-shaped leaves clarified in her vision, dark shapes etched against a slightly-paler sky. So, things wrong? Splitting headache. Check.

But that wasn't the only thing. The long-limbed girl sat up from where she had fallen asleep, leggy form partially concealed behind the small juniper bush, one long-fingered hand reaching up to rub aggressively at her eye. Currant-red hair tumbled in graceless falls over her shoulders, completely torn free from the practical braid she usually kept it in. The other hand twitched convulsively; an empty bottle dropped to the leaf-strewn ground, rolling an inch. Instintively, the figure reached for it, moving to lift it to her lips but spitting when only the drges dribbled onto her mouth.

Oh. That was the real problem: her bottle was empty.

With a surprisingly deft movement, the figure stood up, swaying only a bit and reaching out the empty hand to support herself against the trunk of a tree. A sharp pain in her shoulder warned her that she'd been laying on her bow all day, twinging in protest as she moved. But upon closer inspection, everything was basicall alright: skinny arms were fine, torso mainly undamaged (a few scratches from her impromptu descent into the bush), face clear of obstructions, if a little fuzzy.

The girl swept her hair over one shoulder, hand grazing the stereotypically pointed ears of an elf. She took a tentative step forward, gunmetal grey eyes sweeping the small courtyard at the back of the tavern. Jeez, I was really that gone? She hadn't even made it to the small charity house that had been her target, but at least she was that much closer to her goal.

The elf stepped through the back door of the tavern, precipitously wedged with something that looked like a boot, at the same time she heard a voice ring out. 'I've got a lot of sorrows to drink away!' With the unerring accuracy of a habitual drunk, she sashayed through the crowded pub, rudely pushing some poor bloke into his tankard and snagging a chair with an elegant ankle, right before she plopped into the now-available chair.

"Ah, sounds like my kind of girl. C'mon dearie, buy a friend a round, yeah?" She cast a quick glance at the thoroughly trashed female who took the seat near her, then cast an admiring glance at the sheathed blade on the table.

"Pretty piece of art you've got there, darling. The balance must be lovely." Niece to a blacksmith, she knew a bit about blades; just enough to fumble her way through a conversation, and more than enough to know how to handle one. Turning a surprisingly clear eye toward the mumbling girl, she reached out a hand in an attempt to pat her sympathetically on the shoulder. "Poor sweet. We've all been there, love, it never gets better." She wriggled an eyebrow suggestively, leaning in and snickering, "But the boys do, I promise that!"

Chuckling to herself, she half-twisted in her seat. "Anna, c'mon! I said a glass of your finest spirit, and if it's not the strongest damn thing you've got, you know I'll have words!" It was clear from the familiarity that this wasn't her first time in the establishment.

ValamLym

It had been seconds, maybe even mili seconds of silence before voices disrupted her trail of thought. She had been pondering the many intricacies of life, quite deep even for herself. Perhaps she had just drunk the blood of a whiny little bitch? She snickered, focusing her glowing red eyes on the girls that now accompanied her.. She remained quiet throughout most of it. Listening intently. Karida may fool someone else with that charade, but not Kirsten. Who just smirked from ear to ear.

She eyed the elfish girl, reaching into a bag on her hips and tossing a small pouch of gold on the table. It was probably way more then was actually required. But such was the Bounty hunter's wealth. In that line of work, one successful job will usually pay your travels for the rest of your life. Or maybe it was because she single handed took down a dragon? She shrugged, taking a sip from her ale, her cat like ears perking up throughout the conversation. She cautiously eyed elf when she spoke of Sōru sakenomi. ''Don't touch it, its cursed.''She muttered, rather ungracefully.

She then eyed Karida, a coy smirk on her face ''That's why I avoid guys, especially werewolves.'' She smiled a toothy grin. Perhaps a bit too toothy if either still had the mental capacity to ponder why fangs of that size rested in between a cat-girl's lips. Kirsten herself didn't really seem to mind either way, as she turned her attention back to the conversation at hand. Nodding as the elf spoke. ''Or you can stick to girls, boys are good for a quick fuck but that's  it.'' She muttered, no doubt disappointing a lot of boys around her, who made themselves heard with a unified -awww--. She perked her ears at the sound of it, chuckling quietly to herself.

She took another swig from her ale, pushing her blade a bit closer to herself, but not so far that the two girls were unable to reach for it, should they want to. She pondered to herself why she always felt like playing this game. If one of them took the blade she'd feel bad for them and go after them anyway, un-death isn't exactly a fun way of life. She fixated her gaze back on the matter at hand; the two girls that now accompanied her. She wondered if the wolf girl had found the body outside, or whether he had moved. Perhaps the girl herself was a werewolf? so many things to ponder, she thought.

''So I'm just going to be direct here..''

Here voice was somewhat lowered, as to not immediately betray the girl and garner the attention of the entire tavern.

''You're a Werewolf, lass?''

Her red eyes fixated on the drunken Karida. She hoped somehow someway she'd get a relatively sensible response, but she was prepared for the worst. In the meantime she flicked her gaze from one to the other, trying to see how the Elf girl would take it as well.

Blink

For only a few moments she had drifted off, dreaming of being all warm and snuggled up to her crush. To her disappointment she awoke to to her face smashed against the table top. In a bit of a daze she listened to the conversation happening at her table, confused. In this instance, the unfortunate natural healing abilities of werewolves kicked in as she moderately began to sober up, not completely but enough to have some wits about her. She sat up, cheeks still flush from the liquor coursing through her veins.

The question about being a werewolf bounced around in her mind, wandering whom it was directed to. She looked between the two girls at the table... "Wait? When did the second girl get here?" She thought. Quickly the question she originally pondered was answered as the cat like girl with abnormally long fangs fixated on her. Calmly Karida gathered her whits... taking in a deep breath.

"Perhaps I am... maybe I am not." her words sharp with disdain

"I suppose I could ask you a similar question... Bloodsucker?" she sat back in her chair crossing her arms across her chest staring back at the cat like girl.

glorilyss

[OoC: Heads up, post might be short, fair warning.]

Birdie was quite thrilled with the way things were turning out so far. Prospects were looking up, and she might even get some entertainment tonight, what with Ms. Broody-Pants over there and the tottering bleeding-heart conversationalist next to her. Stars above, she hadn't had this much amusement that didn't actively require her to go out and look for it in days. And she was about to get drunk. Tonight, which had started out so roughly was quickly getting better.

The elfin girl nabbed a coin with quick, snatching fingers, reminding herself momentarily of the days after she'd left her uncle's house and had been a grubby little urchin stealing for fun. When the cat-eared girl spoke, however, Birdie froze, casting a quick glance back. "Don't worry, I never touch other's swords. I guess I'm safe, for now," she chuckled, brilliant grin crackling across her face like heat lightning and sparkling in her eyes. Birdie really was effusively friendly, even when she was working a job; she just couldn't help it.

Disappearing to the bar briefly to get the twistiest, greenest, oldest bottle of wine that the barkeep had, she all but danced back to the table. Well, the drunk one seemed to have cleared up a bit; at least, there was more light in her eyes, and less muddled fog. As she reclaimed her seat, gray eyes flickering between her newest companions, she felt a tickle at the base of her spine. Oh, great. The girl had been talking about a werewolf (why hadn't she noticed? Oh, right, because she didn't really care much about others' problems, unless they directly affected her), and if she wasn't mistaken and those weren't cute glamor-enchanted fangs on the kitty cat, they were in for a pickle.

Which, of course, seemed to be escalated by the rapid back-and-forth of the two girls. "You a werewolf?" "Bloodsucker!"

Oh, great. And she'd been so convinced that her night was going well, too. Extracting the cork from the bottle and balancing her chair on two legs, Birdie leaned back, eyes avidly watching her tablemates. "Oh, come on now, that wasn't very nice," she huffed in a mockingly stern tone to the alleged werewolf. Frankly, being an elf, she didn't really have many rival species, but instigating was one of the things the mercenary was best at.

[OoC: Sorry not much interaction :C]

ValamLym

Kirsten chuckled, amused somewhat by the sudden hostility. She honestly anticipated this. Its why werewolves are easy prey for her kind, they slip up almost instantaneously. She drew her hands back and caressed her own hair, running it through her fingers.

She seemed to ignore the girl for a while, before finally speaking.

''You know... I don't call you furball either so vampire will do.''

She smirked. Her demeanor calm and relaxed. She took a swig from her ale, taking the wolf-girl's features in with her blazing red eyes. Her gaze then turned to elf, she had no doubt she would be aware of what she was as well, but she seemed indifferent about it so far. She placed her elbow on the table and rested her head on the palm of her hand, giggling when the elf spoke.

''Werewolves tend to be rude.''

She then fixated her gaze on the werewolf girl again, a devious smirk crawling onto her face.

''How about you admit to being a silly wolf and we'll call it quits at that.''

Blink

Karida continued to lean back in her chair as the Vampire spoke, attempting to not be bothered by her derogatory comments.

"Fine" she shrugged "Can we just for one night pretend that none of us are anything other than three girls that clearly need to drown their problems in some good ale?" once again she signaled to the barkeep, hoping she would see that Karida had sobered up a bit, but clearly wanted to continue spending her money. This time the barkeep obliged bringing her a cup of who knows what.

She took a long swig of her drink before looking at the two girls, "So who wants to share first?" she raised a brow, once again leaning back in her chair crossing her arms on her chest.

(Sorry for shortness >.<)

glorilyss

Birdie had to be impressed - the fact that the vampire-looking one kept nettling the other girl was pretty good. She might even be as much of an instigator as the elfin girl herself, and she didn't find that often. Not everyone was a Class-A pain in the ass like the mercenary, and it was equal parts refreshing and frustrating to know that she wasn't the only one. Oh, well. She'd have her chance later. And at least now there wasn't the imminent threat of violence; while Birdie had no problems watching a good cat-fight (no pun intended), she came to the horrifying conclusion that if a brawl did start, she might be thrown out simply because of association. Ick.

However, she wasn't entirely sure that this girly-girl spill-fest was worth the free alcohol. The elf had never been particularly touchy-feely, though she was absolutely exceptional at giving out unwarranted advice. "Well, I mean, if you're talking problems, I woke up with a massive headache and an empty bottle. Other than that... hm, no." She tapped her chin with an elegantly-tapered finger, pretending to think, then shrugged and flashed another mountebank smile. "No problems in paradise over here."

ValamLym

Kirsten snickered as the wolf girl gave in. Another clever ploy! she thought to herself, her gazing switching between the two girls. She supposed the hostility would remain for a good long while, but it mattered little, it was them losing a potential friend after all. She ran a hand through her hair, her ears twitching as she listened intently.

She snickered at the elf gear, rolling her eyes as she finished. ''Really now?'' she huffed, taking a good look at the elf, especially her ears. Truly they never stopped fascinating her. They were like crude not so cute versions of her own, but then again... who could beat her in cute? she instinctively placed her hands to her cheeks, pulling an odd face for a moment, trying to mimic a cat. When she realized she was doing that she immediately stopped, simply gazing at the two like nothing happened.

She then pondered what she would even be able to speak about. Her life was pretty fun.. she met- Gladiux of course. But how do you explain a monster slaying bad ass without scaring the crap out of anyone.  ''I know this... relatively handsome big guy that I just can't figure out.. At one point he seems fond of me, the next he just turns it around.''She shrugged, why was she concerned with that anyway? was she developing feelings for the lumbering brute?! She sighed, there was no helping it. She tried to salvage the situation by the only way she knew, talking even more.

''I had a lovely drink before I got here though... But the taste of dog is just eeww..'' It was out of her mouth before she had even considered there was a werewolf at the table. Oh well, she wanted to pretend otherwise didn't she? She would have to consider this a test then.

Blink

For a moment at least Karida believed they had squashed the feud. Intently she listed to the two girls speak, hoping for some common ground. At the talk of a guy in the vampires life Karida hoped she could chime in, but then all hope of sensible conversation was lost.

A portion of her heart ached, thinking of the wolf she may have preyed on, but how could she be sure she was telling the truth. Was this just a ploy to get a rise of out her?

"I imagine it tasted as good as it felt for me to... Ha never mind." her gaze locked onto the cat girl, a slight smirk at the corner of her lips. It was never good to throw in someones face that you had just recently helped kill an entire horde of their kind... Karida had more dignity than that.

Deep within she was battling whether or not to flip the table then and there and attack the girl, her first pleasure being ripping those fangs straight from her mouth. The scene played out in her head, a fantasy really.

"So..." she paused pushing the dream from her mind. "This man of yours, tell me more. Please give me something else to think about other than what is in my head right now." she turned her attention to the elf girl "Or I could just drown it all out with a few more drinks."

glorilyss

If Birdie was bothered by the cat-girl's seeming ear fetish, she didn't show it. Humans used to have the hardest time letting them go unnoticed, too; it was something she'd gotten used to. She cracked another grin at the vampire's puffed, "Really now," her calm expression showing just how unruffled Paradise could be, too. She listened politely to her stories of unrequited love between sips, mirroring Karida and rocking back onto two legs as well. She dangled her foot in space, trying not to be particularly offensive to anyone - for once. And then... oh, god, these two really were as bad as cats and dogs.

"You know, I never thought I'd see the day when I would willingly admit that there was someone better at bickering than me." She shook her head, rolling her eyes, looking very much like a mother who has had to pull her children apart for the nth time that day. "But now I've found two. However will my ego stand it?" The look she leveled at the girls was dry and sarcastic somehow, eyebrows arched and mouth twisted into something like a grimace. "However, I can advocate for drowning everything with drinks. Very good plan, that. Maybe you two'll start to be friends if you're both truly and thoroughly knackered."

ValamLym

Kirsten snickered again. She realized what the wolf girl meant without a doubt. She wanted to respond to it but figured it would simply add fuel to the fire. So instead she opted to take another swig from her cup, emptying it. She then called out for a refill, grabbing the attention of the barmaid quite quickly.

Once she was refilled and properly seated, her chair leaning against the wall of the building and her legs on the table, she spoke once more.

''This man of mine... Oh yes, the brute. Honestly I think he'd be nice for a quick fuck but that's about it. Still he keeps gnawing at the back of my mind.''

She shrugged, cup in hand. Taking another swig from it. Eyeing the elf curiously after her sarcastic remark. She simply smiled at her, giving her a nod when she mentioned getting knackered. She could only get somewhat drunk, being a vampire. Her body processed the substance too fast for its effect to linger for very long.. if she wanted to get knackered she'd have to down an entire keg of ale... That didn't sound so bad, though.

''Being.. well, me.. Getting drunk is relatively hard, but I'll do my best. I got nothing else to do right now anyway.''

Right as she finished her sentence the door flung open once more, three big fellows clasped in all kinds of leather and plate armor walked in, they scanned the room and eventually found her. Kirsten. They walked over, seemingly ignoring the other two for now. ''Boss, the camp is good.. mind if we have a drink?'' they seemed awfully polite for mercenaries, if not down right puppy sweet.

''Yeah be my guest, I am not going anywhere anyway.''

The men nodded before strolling off, finding a table on the far side of the establishment, Kirsten herself took another sip from her drink, before simply ordering an additional bottle.

''Tavern lady, just.. just bring me an entire bottle. You know this wont do me good!''

The woman seemed reluctant at first, but when the bar owner came out to with a bottle she took it to Kirsten. The bar owner clearly being aware of what she was. I knew this place seemed familiar.. she huffed, placing the bottle to her lips and taking a good long swig.