Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Blood Angel's Fate

Started by Anonymous, June 29, 2006, 02:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Last call," called the bartender of The Straight Shot. "Last call! Closing in fifteen!"
The yelling wasn't necessary, as there were only three others excluding Zekial in the whole place. Zekial motioned the bartender over and ordered another 'Heavenly Bomb' shot, which the bartender began to brew up after a quick nod.
The Blood Angel Zekial had frequented Earth on a few occasions - mostly exclusive to critical demands from the business he was in, solely because of his personal desire - and had come across this simple tavern in Ketra. Even Zekial would admit that Earth had a few things that Heaven did not, despite his general dislike of the place in general: And these 'Heavenly Bomb' shots were one of them. Most of the earthly 'alcoholic' beverages were repulsive, but there was something about those 'Heavenly Bomb' shots that Zekial happened to like. He could never find that out, but that didn't stop him from coming back every time and again to drink a few more when he was nearby.
The bartender handed Zekial the small drink in exchange for the appropriate amount of earthly currency, and the Blood Angel took a moment to observe it before tilting his head back and downing it in one shot.
Laying the glass back down on the bar, Zekial resigned that it was time for him to go. Skylance and Director Sine (his new 'associate', apparently) had set up a meeting with the Rogue Godsends here in Ketra. He knew that Sine would want them to help rebuild Province in Heaven, and he also knew that Skylance would want them so he could 'influence' them.
On his way out the back door, Zekial smirked to himself; influence people, that's what Skylance did best. There was practically no other way for a regular Angel to be the presiding figure of a whole - and large - city in Heaven, a position usually reserved for Archangels or others of such caliber. And that's probably what he had in mind for Sine as well, since she already had a slight 'taste' of Skylance's secret business.
Zekial stopped along the side of the moonlit back street and sighed; how tragic, Reigne's death, and what a major setback-
"Hello there," came a child's voice.
Zekial looked up and noticed a girl sitting on the top of a stack of barrels and boxes outside of a general store. He smirked a little, and said to her, "It's late. Run along home, kid."
Isabella tilted her head to the side and said, "Zekial, the Blood Angel. You have something that we need."
He slowly narrowed his eyes and laid his hands upon the two swords sheathed at his hip, one with a golden hilt and one with a dark red hilt. "How do you who I am?"
Rocking her feet back and forth a little, Isabella replied informatively, "I didn't. Mother did." She held out her hand expectantly and added, "Give me the sword, Zekial."
Zekial stood there for a moment, looking serious until that moment passed and he snickered to himself for acting like that. "I said run along home, kid. I have my own dealings to attend to."
Flexing the fingers in her outstretched hand to press the point, Isabella let him know, "Mother said only to ask you nicely twice. Give me the sword, Zekial."
With a wave of his hand, Zekial started in his direction again, past the girl. "Your mom has me confused with someone else. I have not the slightest idea what you are-"
BANG!!!!
A bullet ripped through Zekial's right shoulder, splattering a portion of blood onto the street and causing him to instinctively grab his wound. Whirling around angrily, Zekial saw the girl jump down from the stack of boxes, still holding an oversized pistol in his direction as she slowly stalked forward.
"Mother said that if you would not give us the sword willingly, then we would have to take it," Isabella said seriously to him.

Anonymous

Zekial lifted his hand from his shoulder, and the wound had not healed automatically because of the missing essential blood link he would need, like the one he had with Insera.
Regardless, he scowled fiercely and drew both of the swords he had furiously. "Child or not, you will die! I will not yield the sword to you!!"
With that, blood red wings burst from Zekial's back and he sped forward at Isabella, raising his right sword up to deliver a deadly strike-
!!!!
His swing never connected, and Zekial bounced right over the girl, sailing through the air until he came crashing roughly down onto his back. It took a quick moment for the Blood Angel's mind to register what just happened...
His sword, it was deflected from the girl by some kind of...shield...a gray shield.
Zekial scrambled to turn around and raise himself up onto one knee-
BANG!!! - BANG!!!
Recoiling back, he caught two more bullets into his chest, and he could feel them tear holes through his back as they ripped straight through his body. He could also feel something else... the bullets were not ordinary bullets; they were infused with some other kind of power, draining him of strength-
"Now give us the sword," demanded Isabella as she began to stalk toward him again, keeping the gun trained on him.
Zekial coughed, and dropped his own red-hilted sword to the ground to catch himself with his hand on the ground. He looked back up to Isabella, saying acidically, "This is last remnant of Reigne... AND I WILL NOT YIELD IT TO YOU!!!"
In desperation, Zekial flared his wings out again and took flight, flying up and away from the girl-
He had not gotten a few meters before he felt his wings become constricted by something, and, unable to move them, he plummeted back down to the earth and crashed face-first onto the ground once more.
Clenching his teeth, Zekial pushed himself harshly back onto his feet, and, with the golden-hilted sword in hand, he wheeled around to face the girl. "No."
The Blood Angel saw for a brief moment a ghostly, gray female figure appear behind Isabella and, what seemed like, hold the weapon with the girl as well-
BANG!!!!
A powerful shot rang out, and a force larger than a bullet flew from the gun and straight through Zekial's left shoulder. In an explosion of blood and muscle, his entire arm that still held the sword fell off as he screamed and hollered in agony.
Another force, albeit blunt this time, knocked himself off of his feet and back away from his severed arm and Reigne's sword as Isabella slowly came upon it.
And as the girl bent over and pryed the sword from the hand's grasp, an audible voice could be heard:

<font color=gray>Good work, child... You have done for me a deed of great importance...</color>
Isabella glanced over the sword she now held, and watched as it turned from a weapon of metal into a weapon forged of pure darkness.
"No!!! NOOO!!!!" Zekial cried out as he crawled toward the girl using the only elbow he had left. "You cannot take it!! YOU CANNOT!!! I am sworn to protect it!! Lay it down!! LAY IT DOWN NOW!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!"
Isabella glanced back at the Blood Angel, as the voice said to him:

<font color=gray>I am sorry for your loss, child...</color>
And as the girl began to fade from reality, Zekial continued to cry out in vain as blood continued to trickle from his body and stain the streets, "NOOO!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOOOO!!! NOOO!!! NOO!!! NO.... !!!!"