Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Poor little girl (Cat!)

Started by Anonymous, October 17, 2006, 05:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sara lifted a slim, yet calloused hand to tuck a wave of brown hair from the face. The waves were tamed, nothing out of control and the hair was hardly tight ringlets. No, the hair gently waved about her oval face and stopped just past her shoulders, tickling her shoulder blades. Her outfit was plain, and obviously very cheap. The fabric of the dress was a grey color and reached her feet, the toes of boots peaking out from beneath. The sleeves of the dress had been pushed up to her elbows so her tanned forearms were visible to those that looked upon her. She was young, perhaps in her late teens, not yet an adult. Her eyes were curious and their color matched her dress, a grey with perhaps the hint of blue.

The slim girl pushed the door open to a restaurant, the room filled with large men and women who were hardly clothed. It wasn’t a place a girl like her should be, but she had her bow and her arrows at her back. Could she use them? Well, perhaps one would see if they threatened her. She cleared her throat as she finally made her way to am empty table towards the back, and there she took a seat, glancing about the room as her top teeth nipped along her lower lip.

“Gods what am I doing here?â€? She questioned the wood table, before hearing the voice of a bar maid, asking what she wanted. Sara gave her order of water to the woman. It was obvious the girl wasn’t shy, but she wasn’t about the jump on the table and start shouting. Water was the cheapest thing there, and she had but a few coins in her pocket, enough for maybe two days food.  

Sara sat there for some time, fingers curled around a mug of coopery tasting water, her stormy eyes glancing about the room as she remained quiet, out of the way. She figured that would be best. It would do her no good to draw attention to herself and have to show everyone in the place that she could indeed draw a bow and shoot an arrow.

Anonymous

Just to let you know, I can't spell for my life but I'll try!!

The atmosphere inside the reastraunt was warm and pleasant. Many guests of his laughed and talked amongst themselves as he chatted with a very old friend. As a bar maid passed he ordered another drink for himself and his friend. His friend declined with a little bit embarassement but Devon insisted. Ding..ting.. The sound rang out in his mind as the door to the reastraunt was open and in stepped a very young, plain looking girl. He stared at her, his beautiful hazel eyes staring at her with slight curosity, slight disqust. He had rented out the reastraunt for him and his guests, not for some poor misfortuant girl. His pale hands coarsed over his eyes as he gave them a quick rub. Why was everything so hard? Why couldn't something in his life be perfect? He cleared his throat as he cut his old firned off in mid scentence. "Exscuse me, I'll be right back.. I have to take care of a certain problem.." He quickly stood up, and brushing his black vest clean he heaved a sigh and ambled toward the table next to the girl. He smiled , but behind that smile actually lay a smirk. He sat down at her table, put his arms behind his head and leaned back, propping his leg up upon his other leg. "You know...this is supposed to be a private party, but seeing as how your dressed..." he looked her up and down with slight disqust, "I guess I could let you stay, food and drink on me..." Wow.. he was actually being nice for once.

Hmm.. this girl... she looked... she looked she like had no where to go. He smirked. That was exactly what he needed. He would be needing another life to feed upon soon and this girl looked just about right. She was positivly young and fresh and it would be great to have a girl around the mansion again. He tucked his black wavy hair behind his ear and tilted his head, resting it upon his pale fist as his elbow ley upon the table. You look horrible kid, ... like you've got no where to go.." he said quite simply and frankly. He was always straight forward with whatever was on his mind and it never really bothered him of what he said and he never did regret what he said. It was just his matter of opinion and if someone took it the wrong way, well that was their problem! There was a very long and akward silence. He just stared at her, that same smile plastard upon his face like glue onto paper. It would be great if she had no where to go....it would be absolutly perfect! Everything would fall into place. All she had to do was sign that contract....that contract in which he took everywhere with him when it was "the time of the year". In his face he somewhat winced a bit... it was always hard to get them to agree to the contract, but he always disqused it well, what being rich and all.

"I'll be straight up forward with you kid.., you've got no where to go, and I need someone around the house to do daily things that the maids never get to..See, I'm rich. I've also got this big estate that's justdying for more quests." He smiled knowing more than she did.."If you can fulfiil my daily tasks I'll give you free room and board, deal?" He stared at her again.. This girl probablywould think him crazy! A complete stranger coming up to her and offering her a deal of a life time! Maybe she did have a home but didn't dress like it. Well then, all he did was insult her if that was the case, that was no biggie. He always blew that over. Once again he pushed his black wavy hair impatiently back behind his ear. (a little confused on the age thing) He was in fact very quite young, even though quite rich. His father had died a long time ago leaving him the estate and everything with it, the company and crops. Devon was only about 20-21...he couldn't remember.. he had lost count when he became more dweled into his business then his own birthday. Business, money, and death was always a big part of his life, and he figured it always would be.

"So...what's it going to be?"

OOC: Sorry for the shortness and crappiness.. first posts are always crappy to me..-_-;;

Anonymous

Sara turned her eyes up to the man that sat down and straightened her back a bit, fingers still clutching the mug of water. When he spoke her chin jutted forward stubbornly, a few wavy strands of hair falling forward.

“I don’t need your money.� She replied to him, shifting uncomfortably in the seat. Her eyes turned to the water in the mug as she heard him and her knuckles turned white around the mug. Was she really that obvious? Perhaps she had collected all the money she could and bought a nicer dress before going into public. Now this fancy, rich looking man was going to criticize her and make her feel like the poor, abandoned girl she was.

At his offer she lifted her head up and her stormy grey eyes blinked to him. Was the man insane? Surely he was. There he sat, offering a seventeen or eighteen year old girl room and board if she simply did a few things for him. Her lips had parted and once she realized that her jaw was hanging down, her lips immediately pressed together and she shifted in the chair again. It took her a moment to think things over. She was a stubborn girl with a strong will, but she wasn’t stupid. The only thing left for her to do was sleep with any willing man for a coin here or there, and she would have none of that.

“What sort of things, sir? I’m no slave, just so we’ve got things straight.� She made sure he understood that with a firm look. After she was sure he understood she began to run her fingertip along the rim of the mug, head tilting to the side causing her thick hair to fall in that direction. A few minutes past by them while she thought things through. She had nothing, no where to go, nothing to do. All she had right now was his offer, and her bow and arrows. That was it.

“My name is Sara Chase. I’m seventeen.� She finally said and stuck her hand out to him. If he were to shake her hand, he would feel the rough calluses on her palm, clearly showing she was no house maid or lady.

Anonymous

He stared at her, his calm hazel eyes taking in everything she said, everything thing she did, everywhere she moved. His eyes were warm but somewhat gave off a prenatural effect, showing the darker side of himself. She held out her pale hand for him as she announced herself as Sara Chase. He stared at the hand for a second, not really sure if he wanted to grasp it. Though without another moments hesitation he smirked and slide his cold hand into her's. "I'm Devon Erastello...perhaps you have heard of me?" Pracitcally everyone had heard of him. He was quite famouse around town for all the charities he had donated too. " The sort of things I'm looking for you to do would be to do things the maids couldn't. Straighten up the library, tend to the winter garden. Oh.. and the pool needs a good cleaning every now and then..." No maid whatsoever would take care of the library because it was 'to creepy'. No maide would ever tend to the garden because 'I Swore that statue moved!' and no maid whatsoever would tend to the pool becasue 'and I thought I could see something move....under the water.....' It was always the same, and even though he had many maids, they would still not set foot upon these places. He tilted his head to the side, going over all these thoughts in his head. He studied Sara with intent eyes. She was young and fresh, and she looked like she had a great will. Maybe she would live up to his standards? Besides.. it would be nice to have a fresh girl for a taste, he would always get the old ones.

As he let go of her hand he felt the callouses brush up against his own silk ones. He looked down upon his hand and then down at hers. She was definietly strong, that was for sure. "It's a once in a life time offer.. not only will you get room and board but you get access all to the other things, like the library and the pool. Heck.. I'll even throw in some outfits that you can wear to elegant dinners.." All he had to do was to get her to say 'yes'. Once that was done he would get her to sign the contract. Prick her finger so that it would be true, and all would be set. He cupped his cold silk hands and rested his chin in them. He stared at her excpectantly. Of course she would say yes... she has to say yes, who would say no? His estate was one of the biggest ones anyone could afford and it would be an offer that no one else would refuse. He realized right then that this young girl must be stubborn. Anyone would go out of heavens way just to think about this offer, let alone get it. But this girl, this homeless, poor girl, actually had to THINK about it! He had to admit.. that was rather odd....

The barmaid came over and asked if they would like anything else, and just to show his...kindness...he asked the barmaid to bring over two large stakes. This girl was thin, and if he was going to feed of anyone she had to at least be made of something. The barmaid nodded her head energetically as he flicked to her a gold coin. Now that that was settled he leaned back a little bit more. He looked around the room noticing that most of his guests were leaving or either chatting quitly amongst themselves. One or two of them pointed and stared at the two of them. He gave a great smirk and then looked back at the girl. Once again, he took in her apperance, and finding the akward silence to over bearing he said "Nice bow and arrows... you hunt? Got good game around my land..." Yes.. Yes.. thats it Devon.. make your offer sound even more enticing.. make it sound so tantalizing it would make her mouth water! "Come on.. I know your just dying to seize this offer...all you would have to do is sign a contract and your done!" Yes... yes.. if she signed the contract..  she would be done... done with her life.

Could you explain to me how exactly he kills her.. like sucks her soul or something? Does he just walk by her and takes it? Is a little confused..

Anonymous

((I'll make a post later, but I'll just explain a bit. He doesn't kill her. Well, eventually, if the contact is still in order. It can be broken, but while the contract is in effect her energy is completly sapped every few weeks. She gets lazy, can hardly walk, wake up, get out of bed. Aside from those times, she has all of her energy. Along with that, she is slowly dying. To put it simply, he has her soul in his hands, and takes bits and pieces of it when he pleases for energy. So she slowly dies. It's not a quick death, or a quick steal of the soul. I hope that helps, and I'll post in a few hours.))

Anonymous

Sara hesitated a moment as she heard who he was, before swallowing heavily and nodding her head, her brown waves of hair falling forward a bit. Of course she had heard of him, living in the slums of the town talk of the rich and famous always reached her ears. It was always negative what was said, but she still heard it. Everything said about this man appeared to be false. He was treating her like a person, like an intelligent human being. When she caught him looking from his hand to her own, she tugged her hand back and curled her fingers into her palm, knowing he had felt the rough callous. That truly was a sign that she was a worker, nothing like the ladies of the courts.

As he stared at her, her blue grey eyes matched his own, and she felt two inches tall beneath that gaze. He was offering her so much, yet still she remained quiet. Perhaps her voice had failed her, for no words seemed to want to form on her tongue. Even when he ordered the food she ducked her head down to hide the look in her eyes, the look of thankfulness. Her attention was grasped as he asked about the bow and arrows, and her head lifted up. She was flashing a smile that lit up her face towards him.

“Oh! Yes, they are rather nice. They’ve all I got really. I’m a fair shot, too!� Sara was instantly excited, until he brought his offer up once more. He seemed rather desperate. Perhaps what some of the rumors said were true. She wasn’t scared though. Not much scared her these days, she had to learn to live without fear and she thought she had done a rather good job at that.

“Only because you’re offering me some nice clothes. I don’t think I’ve ever had a decent dress in my life.� She made it clear to him that that was the only reason she was agreeing. It would do her no good to have this man think her weak or desperate, both which were untrue. She’d been that way once before, weak and desperate. She’d cried herself to sleep at night and wished death upon herself time and time again. Then she resorted to begging and clawing at the feet of the nobles. Every since she’d lost her family in the fire, she’d been a pathetic excuse for a human. Now, though, now she was different.

“Yes, yes I’ll sign your contract.� She spoke with finality, and it never occurred to her that perhaps she was signing away her life with one simple stroke and prick.

Anonymous

Perfect. So she was going to sign it? Well, that was just perfect... that is great! He smirked on the outside, but on the inside he was silently laughing to himself. It was always funny to know something that other people didn't. You want a dress do ya?" he questioned her, grasping the wine glass more tightly as he lifted it up to his pale pink lips to take a drink. "I'll buy you all the dresses you like..." He felt wonderful...he felt marvolouse! But the end of the day and the artificial flavors in the wine were starting to take it's toll on him. He felt very tiered, exhausted, but satisfied that he had finally won over her trust..All that was left now was to do the signing. With slightly dim hazel eyes he turned away from her, digging into the side of his pocket, pulling out the peice of paper so valuable to him that he dare not go anywhere without it. The very texture of it was smooth and old and very very flimsy. He made sure to be careful with it. Also with it came out a quill. A beautiful pure white quill that  was glossy and shinned ever so brightly in the dim light of the room. He put the contract flat out upon the table and the quill on top. She would be left to do the rest. The writing was somewhat fancy and slightly illegiable, which was just the way he liked it. If she couldn't read it then he wouldn't have a problem!

He looked around the slightly small room, surprised to see that everyone, everyone was gone. That was why it had become so quite. That was why it seemed that his voice had an echo. All of his guests had left without even saying a thanks or goodbye! "Last time I throw a small get together for them!" he muttered a bit dissapointed and angry under his breath. There was only the barmaid and the cook, and of course a mop boy, cleaning up the huge mess his guest had left. He looked back at her and then down at his watch. Wow, was it that time already? He and his guests had come here much early than the time it showed now on his pretty gold watch. The watch was also a gift he had recieved. He looked back up at her, she would have to sign soon because he would have to get back  to the mansion to take care of some paperwork. The paperwork was a much needed and must get out by tomorrow or else he would loose the new shipment coming in this month. He rubbed at his aching temples where a headach was already starting to take place, pitching itself ever so slightly so that he massaged his temples with no avail. "Yes... those are very good bows..." he said, a little late, slow and sleepy. He wasn't drunk or anything... oh no.. he usually would just get a buzz and then stop after that... he was just tired and exhausted and he wanted to get home to get to sleep.

If she signed teh contract he would make her prick her finger with the pink he always carried around with him. Thinking of that he quickly reached into his pocket and pulled it out. "You'll need to sign it in blood as well..." he told her as the pin dropped with the tiniest sound of metal against anything. Once she signed he would dine with her, as he had promised... and then he would call a carrige(sp?) for them both to go back to his mansion. As these thoughts wirlled in his head dizzily, the bar maid came up and gave them their plates, but warned them both that it was soon closing time. He nodded his head and without much appetite he slowly cut into the steak. He stared at her... she must be truely hungry. She looke dvery pale and thin.. He caught himself staring at her again.. studying her... Yes yes.. she would be a very tasty meal.. and he could not get attached as he had did the first time.. oh no! He would not get attached this time... all he would have to do was keep reminding himself that this was a petty girl and that he woudl not get attached. He stared at her beautiful greyish eyes with a tint of blue. They were indescribable. He took abite of his steak, chewed very slowly and then swallowed. He noticed that he wasn't his usually sarcastic self, but he figured the reason for that was because he was to tiered.

The once warm and atmospheric reastruant turned into something cold and still. It reminded him much of a cemetary, when your walking along that desloute path all alone, all alone in the silence and the dark, where not even the wind would tremble. OH, speaking of cemetairies, she would probably have to take care of that too. He smirked at this... he would tell her later about that one.

Anonymous

Sara watched him and a grin split across her face, a hand lifted to hide the smile. Slowly she nodded her head and the gentle curls bobbed up and down as they brushed her cheeks. She always had loved pretty things. True, she had her love for the wilderness and her bow and arrows, but pretty things like dresses and jewelry had always been something she looked at with awe.

“I would love a nice dress.� She said and began to trace random designs into the top of the table with a slim finger, resting her chin within the palm of the other hand. It was then that he took out the parchment and the quill. She wasn’t sure which to place her attention on. They were both interesting in their own way. As he finally noticed his guests had left, a giggle slipped from her lips at his reaction. Clearly he hadn’t been expecting them to be so rude as to leave with a thank you!

Her bright eyes watched him, blinking lazily at random intervals and noticed his slow reactions. Perhaps he was drunk? She had noticed him drinking earlier and she quickly assumed that the alcohol was having an effect on him. As he began to rub his temples and comment on her bow she cleared her throat and pushed herself to sit a bit straighter, her hands clasping together on the top of the table, staring at the quill with her stormy eyes. Finally she reached out to grab the quill, hesitating a moment that perhaps her dirty fingers would ruin such a fine object, but eventually she grabbed it anyways. The writing on the page went unnoticed by her. Truth be told, she could only read a few common words and her own name. She’d never been properly taught reading and writing. Her name was messily scribbled ‘Sara Chase’ and then she set the quill down…beside the pin.

“Blood?� She asked, but there was no fear or reluctance in her voice. She’d heard of documents being signed with blood, saying that if the treaty was broken, or whatever was said in the contract, that the Gods would strike you down where you stood. She thought it all rather foolish and quickly pricked her index finger. Then, after blood welled to the surface, she tilted her hand and smeared a line of her crimson blood along the parchment. When she had finished she stuck her finger into her mouth and sucked upon the digit until the bleeding ceased.

When the food arrived she immediately began to eat the steak without embarrassment or manners. It had been a while since she had eaten hearty, whole food and she shoveled it into her mouth, feeding her aching stomach. In between bites she managed to thank him for the food and the opportunity, but at the moment her mind was consumed by the food before herself. She knew her stomach would be angry with her for eating such fantastic food after such a long period of eating watery soup, but she would deal with that later. Now she ate. Now she regained her lost strength. Now she knew began a time where her body wouldn’t be laughed at and commented on how she was thin as a stick.

Anonymous

All girls were the same. He smirked on the inside, once again taking a small sip of his wine. Offer tham nice things and they do anything you want them to. All this girl wanted was a few jewlery a few dresses, some nice food. He raised his glass up to cheer her as she finished signing the contract, the crimson red blood still glittering as he rolled it up and stuck it back into his breast pocket. He looked down upon his plate, seeing how massivaly large the steak was, and without much hesitation he slid the large plate over toward her. She looked as if she could eat about three, not one. He pushed back his chair, and stood up, slaying just slightly and loosing a bit of his balance. Okay.. so mabey he was a little drunk... but that wasn't all the reason why he was slightly staggaring! He smiled upon Sara, looking down upon her with how do you say... lust? "Good.. good... everything is set.. I'm going to use the bathroom and then I will wait outside for you.. I will take you home and tomorrow we will buy a few nice things for you, yah?" He brushed of his pants, brushing away the small particles of dust that were always naked to the vivid eye. He moved very slowly over to the bathroom, seeing the room somewhat spin. He pushed open the door and then closed it. Inside was a very ornate bath. It had white tile which was slightly scoffed and blackened from the many feet. It had green marble for the sinks and the walls seperating the toliets, and then it also had very large mirrors. This was a bathroom for any man!

He went over to the sink to wash all of the germs and such and food stains and wine stains and so forth off of his hands. He looked himself in the mirrow, noticing how dark circles were slowly starting to appear under his eyes. He was tiered, exhausted, and slightly haggard. All he wanted to do was go home and get to bed. He once again turned on the water with his pale hand; turning the silver handle just so. The cold water came splashing out, falling into his newly cupped hands in which he caught most of the water in. He splahsed some of it onto his smoothen silken face, trying to wake him up just a bit. It worked to no avail. He went over and dried off his face with a cheap brand of papertowl. He went back over to the mirrow, did a hair check, and then quickly opened the door from the bathroom to the restraunt. It was completly quite except for the young Sara, who's fork was scraping against the plate as she hate hungrily. He smiled, okay...somewhat smirked..again, and then said "I'll be waiting outside for you.. theres no need to rush.." He turned his back to her and started over toward the owner of the bar, who he flashed a very large lump sum to keep the bar open for just a little longer and to give the girl anything she wanted... maybe perhaps a drink or two? The owner took the money eageraly and nodded his head "Of course..."

Devon nodded his head and so he traveled over to the door and opened it, but before leaving he gave a small wink to Sara, not really noticing if she even noticed..Outside was very cold and damp. A somewhat translucent mist hang in the air as he stepped out and put his back against the cold wall. It was practically silent except for a few muffled footsteps here, a few chatting here. Even though it was slightly quite, there were still sounds of human life, which surprised him for it was very late. After a couple of minutes however, his own silence and world was shattered as a man, a man in his worst nightmares came up. "Hello Devon...I've been looking for you.."Devon played it cool, lighting up a cigar as he spoke.."Ha.. funny.. I've been trying to avoid you.." Devon gave a hollow laugh as the man approached more confident now. "You have to pay back the money Devon... you have to pay it back right away, or else it's the cell for you!" The man pointed a threatning finger at Devon who only gave a hollow laugh. "I've got plenty of money that I could just hand to you now... but I'm playing my time.." That was the truth....this man in front of him. He owed him a large bit of money... and he had it! Oh don't get me wrong! There was no debt that Devon couldn't pay, he was just paying his time.. for if he did he would get more moeny than he would give away. Devon played to his smarts.

The man came terribly close now, very much like, face to face. "I want my money....soon... or else!" Devon, not avraid at all, blew a puff of vanillia scented smoke into his face, making the man cough. "Your to impatient... it will come.." he said almost in a whisper. The man made a jesture to grab at Devon's throat but just before his pale hand could touch Devon's smooth skin, Devon grabbed it and put the hand back at the man's side. "Don't....touch me". Devon warned, full and serious now. The man moved back a little, letting Devon stand up more straight now. The man took off his hat and tipped it.. "Good day, Mr. Erstello...good day.." and that was the last of him. The old, shrude man dissapeared back into the hollow mist, leaving it in wisps behind him. Devon took a very long drag upon his cigar. And after that he threw it on the ground and stomped upon it. He reached into his breast pocket and took out the contract. He wanted to have a little taste before anything started. He took in her fresh scent from the contract, and with the power of a demon, he took some of her energy. She would probably feel something, but it wouldn't be that bad. After doing that he felt better, and somewhat more awake... She would probably feel tiered, and would most likely fall asleep in the carriage.

He leand back up against the wall... it was only a matter of time. A long matter of time, before she was dead.

Anonymous

Sara lifted her eyes to the plate he had pushed, having just completely cleaned her own meal. She scrapped the fork along the plate, before taking his. She was just taking a new bite of the fresh steak as he stood up, and she blinked her stormy eyes at him and tried to ignore the look in his face, in his eyes. Immediately she let her gaze fall to the steak and her fork poked at it, nodding her head in agreement to what he had said. To avoid speaking, she simply pushed more of the food into her mouth and waited until he was gone to the bathroom to take a sip of the water.

Now that she was alone, she paused to breathe and look about the room. It was empty, and the very feeling caused shivers to race up and down her spine, goose bumps erupting on her softly tanned skin. With the energy from a nearly full stomach, her mind began to think, and think, and think. Did she really want to go with this man who was so easily offering her anything? She’d become so used to being alone, but did she really want to be dependent on someone else now? She’d matured well past her seventeen years of age, but that was going to come to a screeching halt. Slowly her fingers dropped the fork to the plate just as he exited the bathroom and her blue grey eyes fixed on him from beneath those thick lashes. Her fingers were wiped with a napkin she had grabbed and as he spoke she nodded, causing her hair to shift and her to curl a wave of hair around her finger and push it back behind an ear.

“Okay.� Sara replied simply enough, lowering her gaze but she caught the wink, and she immediately busied herself with the napkin, setting it on the table. She dipped her fingers into the mug of water and cleaned them off, riding her fingernails of any dirt. She then tussled her hair slightly and fixed her dress as she moved to a standing position. With ease and practiced grace she swung the quiver of arrows across her chest so it rested along her back and grabbed the unstring bow. Just as she went to thank the owner for the meal, her eyelids grew heavy and she had to rest her hip along a table, suddenly realizing how exhausted she truthfully was.

“Gods, I didn’t realize I’d been so tired.� She laughed and the owner joined with her, nodding his head in welcome to her thanks. Her calloused hand muffled a yawn as she walked to the entrance of the bar, her cotton dress shifting as her body moved, and finally she opened the door to see him leaning against the wall.

“Alright, I’m done. Thank you.� She got out through another yawn, tilting her head down and her thick hair fell forward before she lifted it once more and gave a tired grin in his direction.

Anonymous

Good. She was finished. Now they could go back to his mansion...he could get his paper work done and after that they could both have a good night sleep. He went over to the side of the road and lifted his arm high up in the air. In no time, the carriage that he had reserved came to. It was jet black, and even though it was night, it was clearly visible for it glistened against the pale moonlight. He opened the door for her, holding it upon in a welcoming jesture. "You have two choices for when we reach the mansion... you can go straight to bed, or you can stay up and maybe take a bath...or go to the rec room. You could even go for a swim if you like.."He was too tired to discuss all the t hings that she could do .. so he named a few... the rest she would fin out on her own. Even though he had had a taste of her, sucking away some of her energy for his.. he was still slightly tiered from the depths of the night, and the artificial buzz in the wine. He found it esquisitly odd that it was late and he was this tiered. (A little bit of powerplaying, can be changed, can't think of what to right, sorry) He stepped into the carriage along after her and sat down hastily, hearing the driver whip at the horses behind in order to start moving. It was silent, except for the slow steady movement of the carriage against the stony street. Soon, however, he peirced the silence with his long slender voice.

"Hmm... the mansion.. is.. how you say.. big?" he said turning to her, whether she be across from him or next to him. "That is another choice... you can either go to bed or get a grand tour. I will tell Elvan if you wish so.."His hand gestures were slow and graceful.He looked out the window toward the upcoming mansion that was proceeding to grow as they increased. It was clearly a beautiful mansion. One with exsquisite gardens and vulumptoness(sp?) fountains. It was simple, really, in it's on way. It had two large gardens on the sides of a long staircase leading up to the porch. The staircase was made out of white marble, speckled with black stone. The porch was however, an odd black marble, with spekcled white stone. It gave the house a kind of eerie look. Upon the porch was two white washed swings that were swining back and forth slowly with the steady wind. The house was dark... not a single light lit and it somewhat gave a forboding tone. "I know it seems scary... and I'm sure you have heard the stories before... but it's a nice home..." Oh yes... the stories... there were so many that he could not even recall most of them.. only the select few that he liked the best. He smirked...It was always better to know something that someone else didn't, and have that someone else be scared about it.

Like the one maid, Patricia. Oh yes.. that was a funny day. His mind reeled into flashback as his mortal self stared at the window. She had been walking to and for in the hallways, dusting and such, cleaning the windows to let some light in. That was when she saw a young girl turn the cornor. Patricia stared at where the girl had been, confused. There were no children around here. She traveled down the hallway and turned the cornor, just as the girl had did. She stopped suddenly. There was the little girl.. but she was...translucent? This scared her so much that she dropped her cleaning supplies and ran, but as she ran she slipped on the carpet and broke her ankle. She looked behind her, and was surprised to see the little girl moving towards her. She tried to get up, but the girl moved at a somewhat fast pace, until suddenly the girl was very close to her pale face. The little girl bent down, face to face and said "Bye bye" Patricia had screamed, closing her eyes, but when she opened them she was alone. The little girl was gone. He laughed. Patricia had told him this on her dying day. The day when he sucked the last of her soul away from her. She had agreed to come to the mansion as well, deciding that she liked doing the cleaning than the cooking. Yes... he mansion was... slightly haunted.

Scens like that have been happing all over the age, and somehow most of them got out of the cold walls of the mansion and to the ears of people. He didn't like that so much and every time a story would get out he would kill who ever had let their lips slip. Oh yes.. he wasn't afraid to kill either. So, basically Devon was a hypocrit. Nice when he wanted to be, ugly and tricky on the inside... He was just the kind of man you wouldn't want to meet. To bad... for Sara Chase... she was in for the ride... ride of her life? No.. that statement didn't seem to fit.. it was more like, she was in for the ride, straight to her death!

Anonymous

Sara followed him to the carriage and climbed up into it, setting her bow down and shifting the quiver of arrows so she didn’t crush any of them. She stared out the window, the moon making her eyes glitter each time the pale light hit the grey blue surface. She listened as he listed a few things she could do and her shoulders shrugged, moving a few chunks of curls that say comfortably along her shoulders.

“A quick bath, but then bed. I hadn’t realized I was so tired earlier.� She muttered out as she continued to stare out the window, before the house came into view. Her eyes widened and she shifted in the seat to face it better, nearly pressing her nose to the window. It was nothing like she’d imagined. She’d known he was wealthy, but this, this was spectacular. She didn’t care about the stories anymore, the ones he just mentioned that she had heard more than once. She didn’t care.

The minute the carriage stopped, Sara jumped from the carriage, holding her bow and landed on the ground with a gentle ‘thud.’ Her dress fluttered gentle about her legs as she walked towards the terrifying, yet gorgeous house. She couldn’t see all of the details from the lack of light and the fact that it was no longer day, but she could make out the general shape, the general beauty. She exhaled as she titled her head back to look up to it, her hair falling from her face before her gaze shifted about, soaking in everything that would go into her exhausted mind.

“Oh it’s gorgeous!� She spoke out, not mentioning that despite the amazing building, it sent chills racing up and down her spine. Her head tilted to the side as she kept her fingers wrapped around the bow, before turning to face him and giving a tired smile, eyelids growing heavy.

“The stories and this home don’t fit together at all.� She assured him with that same, glowing grin that lit up her stormy eyes. It never once occurred to her that the stories were all to real, and that this man was the last person she would want to be smiling at in the weeks to come.

Anonymous

So, she was tiered. He smiled. The contract was binding and it was working. He had seen the look on her face when they had pulled up to the mansion. The look was just so cute he had to smirk. She didn't care any more... she didn't care what storeis she heard. All she cared about was getting into the mansion. He stepped out, yawning very largely, not caring if she saw he didn't have mannors at the moment. After he yawned he said "Helen will show you to your room.. your room should have it's own personal bath.. I have some paper work... follow me. He led her up the great marble stairs, opening the door with a key. Inside it was a tad bit cold and so he clapped his hands to make the fire burst to life. This made the usual house keeper, that he had for most of his life, the one who knew his secret, jump up from the couch, tiered out and sleepy. " Hello sir, good morning sir, what could I get you sir?" He smiled as he patted the old woman on the sagged shoulder. "Calm down Helen, calm down, all I would like for you to do is show this young maiden where she will be staying, one of the guest rooms with a bath." Helen nodded her haid energetically, her long grey hair wisping back and forth as she did so, grabbing Sara's pale arm as well. Helen started to go off in a random direction, but Devon quickly called out "Oh and Helen, I need to do some paperwork, so bring me something to keep me awake"Helen once again, nodded energetically.

Devon turned his back upon them, staring at the very ornate living room. It had a fire that was built into the wall, and it had tile floor, with a very lage creme coloured rug. It had white leather couches and one love seat. It had a very large crystal glass coffee table, and very long wooden, laced up hanging lamps. He gave a sigh, and then traveled through the living room and up a set of white marble, spirling steps. This led right to another hallway and then up another set of stairs Which led to the top of the mansion, the top of the mansion was his whole room.

His room consisted of a very large canopy bed. One with a very long mosquito net. The rug was a deep black and the walls were a crimson red. Candles were lit about evey bit of the room to lit his way. There was a  very large desk in the cornor, piled high with paperwork. He stared at it wincing and then turned away to his large oak dresser to change into  more...suitable...clothes. After he was finished with that he, with a very long sigh, he sat down and started to work.

Anonymous

Sara nodded and followed him up to the doors, letting her curious eyes look around. She’d never been in a place so large before! She was tugged back to life as he called the maid, watching the old woman jump from the bed and she gave a grin and a polite bow at the waist, arrows clattering in the quiver along her back. Sara was silent as the exchange went on, and as the elderly woman grabbed her arm and began to tug her off, she turned as much as she could to look back at Devon, and her lips spread into a grin.

“Thank you.� She said before twisting back around to walk beside the woman. Her head tilted down and she smiled to the ground, walking with the maid until they stopped, whenever they would. For the most part she was quiet, but she helped the woman as much as she could. Getting the bath ready and what not. When her parents had been living her mother had always taught her to help those older than herself, and she would never forget those words.

Whenever the bath was prepared, she stripped down the cheap dress and all of her undergarments to slip into the water. A few times while soaking and cleaning her hair and body of dirt, she nearly dozed off, but she was able to keep her eyelids open long enough to finish the job. After she had finished cleaning, she clumped her hair onto the tops of her head so that her neck could rest along the edge of the tub, keeping her hair out of the water, but her body in the water. Slowly she let her eyelids close and herself to simply relax in the water. She could feel the skin on her fingers and toes becoming shriveled, and when this occurred she knew it was time to get out.

If there was a towel she would take it and wrap it around her body, trying to get rid of the water, her hair hanging about her face in waves, dripping about herself. Assuming there was clothing set out for herself to wear, she would pull that on. If there was nothing to wear, the clothes she had been wearing previously would go onto her body, just something to clothe her for the moment, combing her hair with her fingers.

Anonymous

Sara nodded and followed him up to the doors, letting her curious eyes look around. She’d never been in a place so large before! She was tugged back to life as he called the maid, watching the old woman jump from the bed and she gave a grin and a polite bow at the waist, arrows clattering in the quiver along her back. Sara was silent as the exchange went on, and as the elderly woman grabbed her arm and began to tug her off, she turned as much as she could to look back at Devon, and her lips spread into a grin.

“Thank you.� She said before twisting back around to walk beside the woman. Her head tilted down and she smiled to the ground, walking with the maid until they stopped, whenever they would. For the most part she was quiet, but she helped the woman as much as she could. Getting the bath ready and what not. When her parents had been living her mother had always taught her to help those older than herself, and she would never forget those words.

Whenever the bath was prepared, she stripped down the cheap dress and all of her undergarments to slip into the water. A few times while soaking and cleaning her hair and body of dirt, she nearly dozed off, but she was able to keep her eyelids open long enough to finish the job. After she had finished cleaning, she clumped her hair onto the tops of her head so that her neck could rest along the edge of the tub, keeping her hair out of the water, but her body in the water. Slowly she let her eyelids close and herself to simply relax in the water. She could feel the skin on her fingers and toes becoming shriveled, and when this occurred she knew it was time to get out.

If there was a towel she would take it and wrap it around her body, trying to get rid of the water, her hair hanging about her face in waves, dripping about herself. Assuming there was clothing set out for herself to wear, she would pull that on. If there was nothing to wear, the clothes she had been wearing previously would go onto her body, just something to clothe her for the moment, combing her hair with her fingers.

Anonymous

As the young girl was soaking her skin Helen was getting everything ready for her. She shook her head sadly. It was always the young, or nice girls that master would choose. But Helen realized.. a long time ago.. that this was what master, one of her closests friends, had to do in order to live. She acepted him for who he was for they had grown up together, best friends. Now she was old, and strangely he was still young. Though that factor never bothered her much. He had confessed to her the night in which he was in fact a demon. She was so shocked that she had fainted when he showed her. He was close to tears, not wanting one of his good friends to go away, and she promised to always stay with him, til death did she part. Besides... she was old, and he was full of money. There was no other, better, job that she could get. This is where she would stay for ever. Maybe her spirit wouldn't even leave. Phhh.. half of them didn't anyway. The ghost around here always bothered her and she would shoo them off with a wave of her hand. She was never really one for the supernatrual kind. The guest room was slightly just like all the other rooms. It had a beautiful midnight blue carpet and the walls were black. There was a very large four poster bed, with a mosquite net hanging down, slightly flapping in the brezze from the French doors being open. The maid went over to the French doors, looked out upon the small balcony and then slowly closed them without any sound.

There was a small black leather love seat  that sat in front of a clap on fire place. They lit themselves by magic! Well.... Devons magic anyway. Helen clapped her hands and the fire immedietly burst to life. She burised herself as she heard the woman start to get out. She went over to the large dresser and got out a lace set of pajamas that were a rich crimson color. They were lacy and would probably slide right on. She set them upon the silk, black, bed, and then hurried herself out the door. She traveled down the hallways and up a flight of stairs. She passed the pool room, the library, and the kitchen as she traveled up another flight of stairs to Devon's room. She knocked upon the door. "Devon, the maiden is settled in.." She was about to turn and leave when he beckoned her in. Devon still lay upon his desk, finishing up the forums that he had been working on. "Well.. this will save us about five grand. Not much but more than I have..." He was slightly talking to himself, slightly talking to Helen. She stood their pateitntly, staring at him. He smiled and stood up. "Does she like her new home?" The smiled slightly turned into a smirk in which Helen winced. "Yesssss..." "Good... I'm going to see her."With that he traveled past Helen, down the stairs, calling over his shoulder for her to get to bed. She did as she was told.

He traveled down the flight of stairs, past all the rooms, and down another flight of stairs until he got to her door. He only gave a slight knock, not even knowing that she was getting changed. He accidentaly barged in. He wanted to talk.. and to give her something.

Anonymous

Sara tiptoed out of the bathroom, with the towel still wrapped about her body, letting her eyes search the wonderful room. Finally she saw clothing resting on the bed, and she walked forward, her feet leaving wet prints in her wake. When she reached the bed, she held the towel with one hand, and the other hand went to brush along the crimson clothing, before she lifted it up, the silky fabric sliding easily between her fingers. After looking around to make sure the maid had left, she let the towel drop, and just as she was tugging the silken, lacy pajamas onto her body, she heard a swift knock, and then the door open. She jumped and spun around, seeing that it was Devon. She froze a moment, only half clothed, before quickly tugging the rest on, her cheeks flushing red as the silk clung to her form, her head tilting down, wet locks of hair falling forward.

“I could barely hear your knock.� She tried to accuse him, fingers clasping together as she didn’t dare lift her eyes to meet his own, the warmth of the fire slowly drying her hair, her hands lifting up to brush through the locks, trying to untangle them. After a few moments of silence she knew the red in her cheeks had disappeared, and she finally was able to look at him, feeling slightly self conscious in these lacy pajamas, but said nothing of it.

“Can I help you?� The words finally slid free, blinking slowly, eyelids covering the blue-grey eyes before she once more opened them, eyes shaded by thick lashes. While she waited for an answer, she took small steps closer to the fire, wishing for her wavy hair to dry quickly.

Anonymous

When he walked in he couldn't help but laugh as she hurried to get into her lace pajames. She was going to be here a long time and after a while she wouldn't even care anymore. He would always walk in at random moments. She asked him if she could help him and he merely shook his head, a very large smirk across his face. "No.. but I can help you... take a seat. " he motioned with his pale hands over to the bed. Turning his attention away from her he dug deep into his pocket and pulled out another long, dirty, slightly creme colured paper. He went over to the bed and sat on the other side, hopefully facing her. He unrolled the long sheet, and once it was furled out upon the bed, it showed that it was actually a very large map of the mansion. "I want you to have this so you know where your going around here... there are certain rooms that you can visit anytime and there are rooms that I want you to stay out of unless told otherwise..." He paused for dramatic effect, letting everything sink in. " Now.. I'm going to describe to you what every room looks like so you can get to know your way around here more and I'm going to pint out which rooms you can go in." He took out a red pen. "And I"m going to makr them so you won't forget. "He was very serious about this. Some of the rooms even Helen hadn't been in, and she was his best friend!

He pointed to the bottom floor, in the first room labeled the Sitting Room. "This is exactly what it says, the sitting room. You have just been in it when we pulled up. So I'm guessing you know what it looks like... white marble, lovely love seats... the clap on fire. You'll usually see all the maids and servents traveling through there." Then he moved his finger over to the next room."This is the dining room, it has very old antiques, including the table, but it is used very much for meals. You will only go here for food, other than that there should be no need unless I say otherwise." His hand moved to a room labled the kitchen. This room led off into other rooms, but most of them were the servants corders and the pantry, things for the kitchen. "This is the kitchen, you may not go in here for this is where all the cooks and the chefs and the servents pass through. You're not really a servant.. your just elping me do things the servants won't do. I guess your more like a quest." He smiled at this and then moved away from the three rooms and over to the other side. His mansion was somewhat in a U shape except for on the top floor where his room lay. Pillars an such held the floor up there. In the right way of the U shape mansion held the Pool, the Library and the Winter Garden. "The pool is one of the places where I will have you the most. You'll clean the water ever now and then.. and you'll probably want to go for a swim too.. I have bathing suits for you, but if they don't fit than we can buy you one. The library..hmm..." He thought for a moment... there was actually a secret passage way in the library, leading down a flight of stares which held some prized possesions and a couple of cherished books leading back to the 1400's. Should he really let her go in there?

"The library you can go in.... but all I want you to do is dust things off and light a fire every now and then for it gets very cold. There are a lot of books in there in which you can read, just make sure you tell me what book your taking off the shelf!"He nodded his head.. all of it somewhat playing out a sequance in his brain. "This, he said, pointing to the room marked the Winter Garden, is actually an inside Garden in which you will also spend most of your time.. I need someone to water the plants every once and a while and check on how there doing. This room has very big fountains as well.... it's a lot of work.. but maybe poloshing them won't be so bad?? I'll pay you extra if you do that.." He was rubbing his chin with his pale fingers.. yes.. if she poloshied the fountains it would make his garden look even better.. They were already in good shape but some spots were old and needed a good once over....yes...yes...He pointed to outside... In the middle of the U-shaped mansion. "Right here is the outsie garden, you don't have to do much here because I actually do have a gardner for there... but she really doesn't do her job well...just check on it every now and then.. "He gave a long sigh. "Okay.. that's the bottom floor... shall we move on to the second floor?" He once again dug deep into his pockets looking for the second map. He had three maps and all. bottom, center, and top.

He finally found it and pulled it out. "Most of these rooms he went on.. our guest rooms.. here we are right now. "He pointed to the one where they were and then he showed her all the rest of them, which was about twenty. "There is also a sun room, and a very very large bath for anybody, even the servents,who want to use it..." He moved his finger over toward te large large room marked the Game room. "There's not much in here... there is a pool table.. a card table... and.... well I haven't been in there so I can't really remember whats there.... I'm sure you'll find something.. " He dug into his pocket again and pulled out the top map.. which was his room and his room only. The whole thing said Master's chambers. "This is my room.. You must never go here unless I tell you to or you are summoned by me."He marked it with the red pen. "So.. the only to places you aren't aloud to go is my room and the kitchen.. is that clear???
He stared at her for quite some time... wandering how she would react. He knew it was a lot of rules and a lot to take in at this hour of the night, but he would let her keep the maps and so forth. "I know it's a lot of rules but if you follow them we can all get to gether and live happy. You jobs will start after tomorrow.. tomorrow I will take you to buy some things for yourself.. shoes.. dresses.. and so forth. You pay will be at least...(very high amount.. not really sure of the money system back then-_-;;;) and it will increase after some time, alright?"

IF she refused this deal, than she was a very stupid girl... but this made him smirk. She wasn't a stupid girl.. and she wouldn't refuse this deal. Who would?

Anonymous

Sara ducked her head and gave a quick nod, making her way over to the bed, and jumped up to sit along the edge. There was hardly any friction between her silken pajamas, and the matching fabric of the bed, so she slipped around a bit, before she finally curled her legs beneath herself, and leaned over to look at the map. While he spoke she remained completely silent. It would take some memorizing, each and every room, where she was allowed to go, where she was forbidden, but she was lucky to have such a wonderful memory to begin with.

“So, not your room or the kitchen. Dusting, pool, fountains, gardens…� She murmured them all, ticking off of her fingers as she tried to commit them to memory, lifting her blue grey eyes to watch him as he finished, lifting a hand to tuck a damp curl of brown hair from her features.

“I think…I think that would all be very kind of you.� She said with a nod finally, her gaze flickering over to her bow and quiver of arrows, just to make sure that it was still there, before back over to them. She may enjoy her fair share of rough play, but the dresses and clothing he mentioned made her heart swell. And with all of the money he was paying her, she could have all sorts of fine jewelry! She nipped at her lower lip and gave yet another nod, making her hair fall out from behind her ear to brush her cheeks, cooling them down slightly.

“Thank you.� She finally spoke out, fingertips brushing along the silken sheets beneath them, almost tracing patterns in the soothing fabric as she stared down at the corner of the map.

Anonymous

Thank you? He smiled at her remark. He smiled at seeing her face light up like a candle that had been lit, or the wind blowing the light toward her. "No no my dear, thank you.. your help will be most appreciated!" he said, slightly smirking as he stood up and stretched. It was probably about 4 in the morning and Devon was very very tiered, but he figured that he would stay up a little while and then sleep most of the day away, and then at night take Sara for a night on the town, buying her pretty things and what not. It was a shame really... every time he went through this process, he always had to get rid of the nice things. But usually he would sell them off for a higher price and that was how he stayed on top of business. Everytime the girls would die he would sell it for a higher profit. So even if he was spending more money at the moment than he could afford.. later he would be able to sell it and get a higher amount for it, even more than that iwas worth. He smiled and yawned a very large yawn, the tips of his teeth showing white in the pale candle light of the room. He turned his back to her and said.. " Goodnigh- Oh wait!" he had almost forgot... there were two other places that he didn't want her to go. It would be a sure death if she did. He came back over to the bed and sat back down, looking down at the maps before him.

"I almost forgot to tell you! Behind this mansion is a very large forest. You must never go there.. or else your life will be very short." his voice was grave and somewhat depressing as he told her this, pointing onto the map as to where the part Forest was laid upon the silken paper. He paused for dramatic effect, straring at her intently so she understood. Even Devon himself never really traveled into that forest, and even if he had to he never went unacompanied. The forest was a dangerous place. The linning of the trees were so thick that it made it seem dark, even when it was pure day. There had been odd stories that had come from that place and whenever he traveled in there he always felt like he was being watched. He never liked it and he tried his best to stay away. Once or twice there had been an arrow at of  no where, come flying so close to his head that he would have been dead in a second if not his horse ran at top speed. He would not like this young girl, Sara,  his prey, to die before she was used. He shook his head at thought and then repeated "Yes you may never go in there!" Then he moved over toward the kitchen, pointing to a miniture door that could just be seen on the soft page. "This door leads to the basement. The basement holds not to many things.. some wine.. old boxes full of buried books. I don't want you to go in there eigther, in fact you wouldn't even be around it because your not allowed in in the kitchen anyway... just don't go near it.. I myself do not go in it that much unless I have to.. it's dark down there! He repressed a shudder.

That was the one place where a young girl, Emily, his last prey, had died so suddenly. Even he himself didn't know how she died, or why she died. All he knew was that she died and he had to get more prey. There had been blood everywhere and it was a horrible scene. Sometimes when he would go down there he would hear strange noies... ones that he didn't even want to remember now. This time he shivered and then looked up at Sara, giving her a slight smile showing that he was fine and that he was just trying to keep her out of trouble....and out of an early death. He pulled out the very top map out from under the other two and showed it too her.. The third story.. my bedroom... There is another story for the attic... I  hardly ever go up there, just like the basement.. only unless I have too..Please don't go up there.. I think myself that it's haunted..I don't like it.. and neither, I think, would you.." He smiled curtly giving a gesture to her as if to say.. 'Sorry I forgot to tell ya!'... a sort of empathetic look. Up there was another murder.. where a girl had jumped out of the window from there.. one of his servents.. She had found out his secret and he had chased her all the way up there... being so afraid she jumped out of the window and killed herself.

He stared at Sara. "Okay?"