Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Poor little girl (Cat!)

Started by Anonymous, October 17, 2006, 05:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sara watched as he got up and stretched, and she shifted a bit on the bed almost as if she were moving to go to sleep, before it appeared he had more to add what he had already told her. She blinked up to him before sitting back in her original position as he sat back down and went for the maps.

Sara fell silent as he explained a few other places she couldn’t go, but because of the unknown and dangerous, not simply because of rules. Her fingers played with her hair as she stared at the map, making sure she knew where each of the places were, and her eyes lingered on the portion labeled ‘Forest.’ Her eyes remained there for a bit while he spoke, before she tore them away and nodded a few times, running her fingers along the silk lap of her pajamas.

“Okay. I think I can remember all of that. I’ll only do what I’m supposed to do. Snooping about would do me no good.� The seventeen year old replied with a grin over towards him, the fire playing shadows across her face, before she looked back to the three maps.

If there was one thing Sara wasn’t good at, it was following directions. Now, these she would try to stay true to, seeing as how he was treating her so kindly. But a few of the forbidden areas intrigued her. She quickly pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind, shaking her head to try and knock them free. No. She would obey this man for as long as she could, it was the least she could do for him.

Anonymous

He sighed."Good.... now tomorrow we'll get up around noon to go shopping. Of course you can get up before that, Helen will have your breakfast ready for you in bed... you can take a shower, go for a swim... whatever..." He shurgged his shoulders as the possiblity gleamened in his eye. Yes.. she would think she would be having a ball with this... getting all this fancy stuff... but truth be told he was getting the most part. He stood up again and streched, yawning once more. She seemed like she would follow his directions, and if not there would always be prices to pay. If she would act fair then he would act fair, if she would not, he would not. Really.. out of the whole thing it was truely unfair to her, but all in all he mentally shrugged at the thought. He couldn't help that he needed to live! Yes.. snooping about might actually cost you something more valuable than ever before..." he said with a stiffled yawn. He didn't actually mean her life entierly.. but it would cost her something more. Those woods, even though she looked like a skilled archer, would take her for granted. Those woods were not an ordinary forest to mess with. He shivered at the thought. He dug deep into his pocket, pulling out a very shiny gold watch, looking at the time. "My god, look it! It's almost four thirty in the morning! We better get to sleep..." he said putting the watch away. "Helen will probably bring your breakfast in bed around eleven so try to wake up before than, we wouldn't want eggs spilling over you!" He gave a small hollow laugh at the stupid joke.

"Goodnight...Sara." Something in his voice made that statement seem creepy, but I guess that was just how he said goodnight. He turned his back upon her, opening the door with a very large creek. "Sweet Dreams..." he called out over his shoulder as he shut the door quitly behind him, leaving the girl to sleep, or think, or do whatever girls do. He was surprised however.. to see that Helen was waiting for him, right outside the door. "Helen, he said grabbing her, pulling her away from the door so Sara couldn't here. "How long have you been waiting for me??" he questioned starting to go down the hallway to go up the two flights of stairs toward his bedroom. "A while... she commented tieredly, yawning, a pale hand going toward her mouth to cover it. He smiled a very large smile. "Well.. get to bed then... tomorrow is a big day. You'll be coming with us to help get the girl perpared..." Helen smiled. She always liked to go on the shopping trips. Usually Devon would buy her something nice. A dress.. or maybe a ring. He would do it very casual too.. so the other girls wouldn't get suspicious he would say.. "Hmm.. Helen.. I think this dress would look great on you.. " it was something of a compliment but one that went unnoticed by the other girls because she had become older in years. It was like telling your mother looked great in a dress.

She smiled and said "Okay... goodnight Devon..." she waved her hand over her shoulder as she turned her back on him to travele back down the hallway and through the kitchen. The kitchen was a very large thing with enough room for twenty chefs. Devon had 19. It had all the things you needed in a kitchen. Stoves, fridges, utencils, cutting boards..etc. However she didn't pay attention to any of this as she strod through sleepily, heading for the door on the left. She thought it was quite stupid that the servants quarters were in the kitchen for usually there were about 10 chefs working non stop each day and the servants would have to pass through. One time Helen had bumped into a chef with scorching hot soup and it spilled all over her. That was one thing she will never forget. She opened tehd oro with an eerily creek and shut it behind her, turning on the light. One might think that the servants qaurters would look raggish and ugly, but on the contrary they were just as good as the guest room and it was even better because they were so close together that all the maids and butlers could sleep near each other, no longer afraid of the stories of the mansions. There was herself, Matilda(Maid), Bartimus(butler), and Valipst(butler). All four were good friends except for Matilda and Helen. Well.. they were but sometimes Matilida woudl get jealous of the way Devon treated Helen.

The servants quarters were beautiful ornate with silks and draperies. It had oak desks in which all the butlers and maids did their usually paper work, or maybe reading a book from the book case that stood looming in the corner. The carpets were black, and the walls were crimson. Every carpet was black in the quarters but the walls were different colors. Her's were crimson. Her bed was just the same as Sara's. Four poster with a mosquito net, although she didn't know why because there were no windows for even a mostquito to get in. Very tieredly Helen changed into a night gown and climbed into bed. Maybe if she was nice Matilida would give the girl breakfast tomorrow. Helen turned out her light and went to sleep. Devon traveled up the steps and all the way up to his bedroom, feeling fatique and sleep run all over him. His hair was a mess, his limbs sore and tiered, and as he looked in the mirrow he had dark circles under his eyes... yes... time for sleep. He unchanged into a lovely set of man looking robes, and pajamas. Yes.. all men look like women when they were pajamas but strangely enough he looked just as he did before. Handsome, sexy, and manful. He quickly climbed into bed, and turned out the light. Tomorrow wasa big day for Sara... and for him.

Anonymous

(I am SO sorry I haven't posted in such a long time! I've just been loaded with work and what not. This is a pathetic excuse for a post just to get us moving again. My next post will make up for it. Again, I'm really, really sorry.)

Sara sat along the bed and watched him with bright eyes as he spoke. When he finished she gave a nod of her head and stretched her arms above her head.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then. Thank you…again.� She spoke out to him, before burrowing deep into the blanket of the bed, falling asleep with images of tomorrow, and a smile on her face.

Anonymous

At first he layed in bed, closing his eyes and breathing in and out softly, and then he turned over on his side. And then over on his other side. And then on his stomach. And then on his back again. And so it progressed. All through the night he didn't get much sleep as he tossed and turned, being awakened by horrible dreams involving Sara and himself. It was odd really. He had never had these sort of dreams before. Was he messing with a force that should be left with? He woke up, once again, in a pitiful sweat. He flung the covers off of him, stripping from his robe, letting his satin red boxers air out and for his body to cool. "Maybe I'm running a fever.." he said irritably to himself into the silence of the room. It was dark and very cool but the covers that he slept with always kept him warm, and sometimes, like this night, a little to warm. He trudged over to the bathroom, making sure to stub his toe upon a chair on his way, and turned on the light, being blind for a few seconds. He looked into the mirrow, checked out his teeth, did all the usual things one does in front of a mirrow and then opened up. It revealed many medication and such things, such as tooth paste, tooth brushes, floss, medication, mouth wash. The basic things. He took a one tylonal for his newly found headach, and then a sleep aid. Though he knew it wasn't really effective upon him. He doused his face with very cold water and the walked out of the bathroom shutting off the light.

He quickly put back on a shirt that he found stuffed in his old wardrobe and then quickly opened his door making his way down the steps, and down the steps, and down the steps. He traveled quicly into the kitchen, on his own accord, and opened a fine glass of champaine. He took one swig from the bottle, and then as quitetly as he could he took a slender crystal glass out of the cuboard and poured it to the rim, where he sipped the delicate bitter juice. He took his treasure into the seating room where he sat in front a fire, despite how warm he was. He had been feeling like this for a while and he wondered if he was coming down with something. He sat there silent for a moment until... "ACHOO!....Oh great..:" he had sneezed, seemingly to make the fire dance a bit to the left. The flames flickered back and forth, giving the impression of red rubies of crimson color dancing to and fro. He stared at it for a couple of moments when he said "Helen, I know your there, you can come out now... come.... have a glass of champaine with me..." he said in a slightly stuffed up voice. Colds and alchol are never good to mix. The middle-aged woman came out of the shadows, holding her hands together as if she were afraid. "Master, I am sorry for spying on you.. I didn't mean-" he cut her off with a wave of his hand. "Who ever said anything about spying?"

He beckoned her over and she immedietly came like a well trained dog. She sat down next to him as he handed her his glass to take a sip. She reluctantly obeyed. She never liked the taste of alchole, it never really suited to her needs. He leaned back and closed his eyes. "So you couldn't sleep either?" he asked in a quite voice. So quite that Helen had to lean forward and strain. The fact was that she had actualy been sleeping quite peacefully, but he had woken her up when he had taken the crystal glass out of the cubbuard. He had tried so hard not to make a sound when actually he had made a lot of noise. But she merely nodded her head with a weak smile and said "Yeah.. I coudln't fall asleep..." She liked to please Devon. He smiled... for he alread knew he had waken her, but he found it funny that she always never wanted to dismay him. He took the glass from her graps and filled it again, taking a sip from it and filling it once more. He gave it back to Helen, who quickly returned it. He merely shrugged his shoulders and took a sip himself. Then Helen brough up a very good subject, in which he was just thinking at, at that same moment. "What about the girl?"

"What about her?" asked Devon, staring at the fire through his glass, one eye closed and one looking through. Helen hesitated for a moment, wondering if she should really keep talking about this topic, but her curosity got the better of her as said again. "What are you going to do with her?" Devon smiled and turned to her, his evil smile looking quite meanincing in the fire light but Helen did not really notice for she had lived with Devon almost all her life and that smile really meant nothing. He said "What I do with all the others I bring here.." Helen frowned and looked away from his scorching eyes. She didn't really know about this one. This one seemed quite odd.. this this.. Sara girl. He looked down upon Helen and chuckled a heartly laugh. "I know what your thinking.. and I've actually thought the same thing.. and truth is.. I don't know about her either.. .. but she seemed quite a catch and I coudln't pass up a girl like her, now could I?" Helen seemed to mutter the phrase, "You can't help pass up any girl" but quickly stopped from the look Devon gave her. He sighed and took another swig, he was slightly annoyed with Helen's pressence. "You can go back to sleep now Helen... I shall drink my champaine alone..." he didn't say it real nasty but not real nice either. Ahh yes... tomorrow was a big day.. he himself should be getting bed.

Anonymous

Sarah shifted about in the bed for just a few minutes, before she found a comfortable position along her stomach, and she was immediately asleep. She wasn’t sure why she had been so exhausted. Perhaps it was the traveling and stress. Yes, that was exactly it. It wasn’t unusual that people got tired. The teenaged girl shifted slightly and curled into the blankets, her wavy locks of smoky brown hair masking half of her face.

“Sarah. Wake up Sarah.� A hand came into her hazy vision and brushed a curl from her sweating forehead.

“Uhh, ma…� The girl whispered, not even having the energy to make a full reply. Her hand tried to lift and swat at her mother’s hand, but once her hand moved a fraction of an inch from the bed, it dropped back down.

“Just rest for now Sarah. I just wanted to make sure you would wake-� Her mother cut off in the middle of her sentence, and Sarah’s vision blurred a moment, before becoming slightly more clear.

“I’m fine…just tired.� Sarah whispered to her mother, the woman who would have mirrored her daughter if they were the same age.

“Well the fevers gone and drained all your strength dear. So you just get your sleep.� Sarah feebly nodded her head, and fell back into a restless, uncomfortable sleep.

Sarah snapped up in her bed, the silky black sheets tangled around her legs as she stared around the dark room. Her chest was heaving for breath before she lifted her hands to press over her furiously pounding heart. She held a breath a moment, before steadily sucking in a deep breath. Her hands then slowly moved to her forehead to feel her temperature, and when she only felt the cool sweat that was there, she exhaled with relief. No fever. Just cold sweat from a bad dream. Slowly she surveyed the room, and remembered where she was. Her eyes turned to the curtains and she tried to see if the sun was up or not yet. After a few moments of contemplation, she moved to the edge of the bed and slid out. Her silken pajamas fell about her body and she crossed her arms over her chest, shivering from the cool air that hit the sweat on her body.

After a bit of searching, Sarah was able to find a jacket, a bit big for her form, but it warmed her. Her bare feet padded against the ground as she walked to the bathroom, and after giving light to the room, she walked to the sink. She stared at herself in the mirror for a minute, her hair messy and tangled, and her skin pale. She shivered once more, before she leaned forward and washed her face of the sweat, and simply to wake herself from the haze of sleep.

“Exhaustion seems to be a theme lately.� She muttered to the mirror, talking about the unexpected tiredness she had felt the previous day, and dream from when she had had the fever. She swallowed at the memory of two years ago, when she had had that fever. It wasn’t so bad at first, before she could hardly opens her eyes. Her mother feared she would never wake up, before miraculously one day, she began to regain her energy and chase the fever away. Her mother hadn’t been so lucky when she had caught the disease.

“Stop it.� She scolded herself, before turning away from the mirror.

Anonymous

Tossing and turning, tossing and turning. Devon finally gave up when he saw the rays of sunlight piercing through the window. He sighed. Another sleepless night for him! He stood up and got out of bed, wanting to get a shower more than anything. He figured that if the shower didn't refresh him he would take another swig from the girl, but he really didn't want to do that because he needed her to be at least alive today to go shopping. He moved away and turned the knob of a door and opened it, seeing his grand bathroom. It had white tile and green walls. It had a large jacuzzi tub and a large stand up shower. It had white marble, speckled with black for the counter where two sinks lay, and in front of him a lage mirror. He stared at his reflection for a moment before finally stripping down and turning the water on in the shower. Soon the bathroom was covered in steam as he stepped in, feeling the hot water against his pale cold skin. After staying in there for about twenty minutes he heard something. It sounded like a voice, but it was very faint and....childish? There it was again! He knew his house was haunted by all the dead souls that he had taken. He never really was afraid of them unless it was the older ones for the older ones appeared less often and when they did they were usually horribly set. The younger ones such as children and young teens appeared almost all the time, because children are more perceptible to paranormal activity than adults.

The childish voice was a bit louder now and he thought he almost heard it say "Why?" Why did it say why? He didn't have the slightest clue, and he didn't care. HE closed his eyes and went back to what he was doing. He couldn't help but smirk at the thought that someday Sara was going to meet one of these ghosts, and then probably actually become one. He heard the small voice again and he said very clearly "You do not scare me! Go bother Sara for a change!" he couldn't help but smirk as if became once again quiet. He finished up in the shower, feeling marvalous and decided not to take a swig from the girl already feeling wonderful and refreshed from the shower. He got out, wrapping a white crisp towel around him and then stepped out into his cold room to get changed. He changed into a rather nice looking suit but not really fancy looking. Just something to let every body know that he was better than tham. He fixed up his hair, slicking it back and then he lit up a cigar, the vanilla scent warming his breath. He opened his door, slightly surprised to see Helen with her hand raised, just about to knock. "Breakfast is ready!" she said quickly. She turned around and traveled down the hallway and down the stairs. He only smiled as he knew that Helen wanted to do more than just tell him breakfast was ready.

He traveled down all the steps and into the main room where a fire was brewing briskly over the cold marble floor. It was pretty damn cold in the mansion and he quickly beckoned over a servant walking by him with a bunch of sheets. "Tell who ever takes care of the fires that it's bloody frezzing in here!" she nodded her head energetically and spun on her feet and left through the kitchen. He shook his head. It was hard to find good help these days. He traveled into the dinning room, seeing all the breakfast food imaginable on the table. He took his usual seat where there was always the morning paper and a cup of coffee, and occasianly a vinalla cigar. He took a sip of his coffee, and feeling quite hungry also took a bagel from the table. Today was going to be a big day so he had to get himself energized. He smeared the bagel with cream chesse and butter and then took a bite. He looked out over the table. Sara probably wouldn't be able to beleieve her eyes. There was eggs, donuts, bageles, crissants, pancakes, waffles, orange juice. Anything you could imagine. There was even things that he didn't know from other countries. He sighed as he took another bite of his bagel. Where was the girl anyway? Was she still sleeping?

Anonymous

Sarah finally slipped from the silken pajamas, and went to take a shower. She messed with the handles a bit, not exactly knowing how to turn the actually shower on. She bounced back and forth, shivering as her bare feet froze from the tiles, before finally she was able to switch the damned thing on. After waiting for the water to warm up, she jumped beneath the water and cleaned up. She enjoyed the scalding water along her skin, before finally she hopped out from beneath the comforting wetness. She wasn’t sure what to wear, so she simply threw on the dress from before, the dull grey one. Her hair was still damp, but she let the dark hair frame her face, her cheeks a flushed red from the heat. After tugging on her boots and throwing her quiver of arrows and bow over her shoulder, she stepped out of the room, map in hands.

After a bit of getting lost, she finally figured out the correct way to the kitchen, and she tugged the map into the pocket of her dress. When she reached the door she quietly pushed it open, slipped in, and shut the door behind herself. She blinked her blue grey eyes as they fell upon Devon. She gave a soft smile, before her eyes moved to the food, and she felt her stomach clench in hungry pain. She let the quiver slide from her arm, and she set that along with her bow against the wall near the door, before lifting her hand to tuck a damp wave of hair behind her ear.

“’Morning.� Sarah spoke out to Devon with a smile, before walking forward, picking up a bagel. She moved to sit a few seats down from him, and began to pick at the bagel and throw pieces into her mouth. She didn’t want to seem like a hungry animal, so she ate piece by piece, every so often lifting her stormy eyes up to look at him.

“Did you sleep well?� She asked around a piece of bagel, before swallowing, reaching forward to grab a strawberry, which she popped into her mouth.

Anonymous

OOC: Oh my god.. I am so sorry.. this post took forever and a day, but I completly forgot that I had to post back.. sorry sorry.. It shall never happen again.

IC:

Devon looked up from his morning coffee and paper to see the young girl stride in and sit down. She was wearing that ratty dress that he had met her in the night before and her hair was damp. He figured she must have taken a shower. "Morning..." he said in the most cherriest voice he could muster, but he felt a little bit sore and grumpy from not sleeping that well last night. Which made him wonder why she brought up her second question. "I slept alright... how about you?" he asked peering a very creepy eye from behind the paper. He looked back down, pretending to be intrested in what he was reading, but it was all rubish. He took another sip of his coffee, letting the warm liquid wrap itself around his salmon pink tongue before swallowing the wholesome caffeein(sp?) . "Are you ready for today?" he asked her, folding the paper and putting it off on the floor beside him. He took another piece of his bagel and popped it into his mouth. He watched her do the same thing. "You are among freinds now... you do not have to act... you must be straving..." he complimented, taking another sip of his coffee. He looked at his watch and noticed that it was already ten in the morning. He wanted to be off by eleven. He shook his head, and leaned back into his chair more. That was when the door opened.

" Um.. Devon... somebody is here to see you..." said Helen, quietly in the doorway. Devon looked over toward her and then nodded. He knew this wouldn't be good. He waved a pale hand in the air motioning to late the stranger inn. And in he came. And it was just who Devon had expected. " Devon! I want my money! Today!!!" he yelled. Mr. Ducane was a very short man with a bald head and a very thick mustache. He wore a black hate and a black suite that was lined with white. He traveled over to the Devon, stomping his small feet upon the marble. "You owe me money and I want it now..." Devon sighed as he stood up. The short man only came up to about Devon's hips. He was a midgit. "Yes... yess Mr. Ducane... as promised..." Devon sighed as he headed out the door Mr. Ducane following him. Outside the door they both sat in the main room and spoke in low voices. A little could be heard.

"Finances Devon... finances..."

"Money.. is nothing of the esscence to me..."

"What about the young girl... everytime I come there's always a new one.."

"None of your business..."

After that they spoke even loweredso that nothing could be heard. Soon there was the sound of a door closing as Devon strode back into the room and sat down. "Just tell me when your ready and we shall be off to shop..." he stated, taking another sip of his coffee completly calm. Mr. Ducane, let's just say, never left the mansion again.

Anonymous

Sarah blinked up to him as he spoke, and gave a nod, her damp hair brushing her cheeks and neck. Her fingers were rolling a chunk of the bread together as she delayed in answering his question.

“I slept fine, thank you.� She spoke out with another of those nods, making her hair shift slightly before she began to nibble on the ball of bread. When he told her she was among friends, and that she could eat, she lifted her stormy eyes to look at him. She froze a moment, like a deer caught in headlights, before eating the rest of the bagel in a few bites

“Sorry. It’s not that I’m trying to impress. I hardly ever have that much of an appetitive in the mornings.� Sarah tried to explain before waving her hand, dismissing that conversation. When he talked about the day, her lips couldn’t help but twitch upwards in a smile.

â€œYes, I’m ready. When will we be leaving?â€? She inquired, cocking her head to the side as she blinked, her long lashes resting along her cheeks, before reopening the blue-grey eyes to stare at him, before her eyes ducked down back to the food.

When the door open she turned to look over her shoulder at the man that came in. She blinked in confusion as he began to ask about money. Sarah tried to shrink back into the chair and not be noticed. No doubt if this man knew Devon he would notice a new girl in the house. She didn’t want her name marred already! When Devon got up and left the room with the man, she twisted in her chair to look towards the door, and listened carefully, trying to catch any words. The ones that did float into her ears caused a shiver to run up and down her spine. Always a new girl. So the man had noticed. Her legs curled up, and she wanted to string her bow and notch an arrow, just in case. She was always overly protective of herself.

After the conversation ended and Devon reentered the room, Sarah turned and sat in the chair the correct way. Instead of answering his question and eating more, she tucked a damp strand of wavy hair behind an ear and locked those cool eyes on him.

“What did he mean Devon? What did he mean by there being a new girl here each time?� Her voice sounded like a whisper to her ears, and she cleared her throat as she clasped her hands in her lap. She was a brave girl, but she was also intelligent. That wasn’t common, a man having a new girl each time.

“Am I…I’m not a…I’m just a maid, right? That’s all? Is that what the other girls were? Just maids? If they were…what happened to them?� She asked, leaning forward, almost feeling bad for prying him for these answers. As she stared at him, she bit and nibbled along her lower lip, the promise of nice dresses distant in her mind at the moment.

Anonymous

Devon gave a large inward sigh at all these questions forming at the tip of her tongue. She was a very nosy girl but he realized that humans didn't always have the information they needed and the only way to get what they want was to ask. He merely smiled at her, putting down the paper, and before speaking he took a long swig upon his coffee. It was silent for a couple moments before he answered. "Well, I don't consider you a maid, dear, I consider you more like a guest who helps me out. My maids are the ones who take care of everything, like wash and dishes and vacuming, and all that dirty stuff. You only have a few jobs, I guess you could call yourself a maid, but I think that is rather unlikely for me.." he took another swig of his coffee and surprised himself by grabbing a plate of eggs. He had never really eaten eggs before, and had only tried them once. He scraped a couple into his mouth and swalloed hard. They weren't that bad, but they tasted...artificial. He shook his head and pushed the plate away. He turned to her, asking another question. "What is your favorite food, I will have Ms. Helen bring it out if it is not on the table already..." Devon's favorite food would always have to be ice cream and cannolies, when in doubt they were the best thing he could have ever tasted and would be the only thing he would ever taste out of dessert food.

He stood up and ran his fingers through his hair. He stretched and gave a slight yawn. "We shall be leaving at eleven, or twelve at the latest, we shant want to leave to late for were going to spend the whole day out. I think it would be best if you went upstairs to your room and change before you go.." He looked her over, not in a discriminating way, or a disdainful one, but just saying that she might want to slip into something that would be more fitting. "If you look into the closet there should be some clothes for you..." his said to her, his voice travelling off into thoughts. "I myself am going to change into something more for the occasion..." he stretched again and then turned away from her, leaving the kitchen and going into the main room. Five or six maids were already working on the blood stains upon the white marble floor, when Mr. Devon had taken off Mr. Ducan's head. "Scrub hard ladies, we want it spic and span..." The women looked up, some fearful, other's not even paying attention, and then began to scrub harder. He stood there and watched until they were all finished, which wasn't long. The marble looked brand new, and it didn't look like any blood had been spilled over it. He smiled as they daddled away and went back to what they were doing before he had summoned them.

He traveled up the steps and up more steps and back into his room. Sunlight peered in through the crimson silk drapings as he undressed into a more finer suit. He combed and fixed his hair and brushed his teeth. Just because he was a demon didn't mean that he couldn't look nice and freshen up. Some of the demons he knew almost never took a shower unless need be. He shuddered at the thought. He sat down at his buror and took out the contract in which the girl signed. Just one whiff of her, and then they could be on their way. He took a strong scent of the girl and breathed in, feeling the energy pulse through him. After he was finished he exclaimed "Ahhh, that's better..." He put on his black shoes that were just about polished everyday and then set out to downstairs again. He went into the main room, and sat in front of the fire. He would have to wait for Sara to finish, but it wouldn't be long. He sat in the spot where Mr. Ducane had been sitting, before he was murdered. Devon gave an inward sigh.."Humans... they ask to much questions and get themselves into things they shouldn't..." he told himself quietly. He gave another large sigh as Helen entered the room. "So, master, when are we going?" she questioned with a delighted look on her face. Devon looked over toward her. Not this time.

"Sorry Helen, but you aren't going with this time...I shall be going with Sara alone..." he stated firmly, picking at his hands as if there was nothing better to do. Her face fell. She had been so excited to go and get something new from Devon. How could he just turn her down? "But... But Master, I think-" He cut her off. "I didn't ask what you thought, now please leave my prescene!" he said with venom in his voice. Helen stood there for a few more second and then turned around and left. She went back through the dinning room and stopped, staring at Sara. This was the first time Devon had actually acted mean to her, or wouldn't take her with them. She stared at Sara. This girl was coming between her and her master and she didn't like it. She went into the kitchen and then to her room. Once she was in there she sat on the bed and breathed an angry sigh. "That girl won't get between me and my master, no one ever has! She's going to pay, with her life." at this Helen turned off the light and went back to bed. She had been up at the crack of dawn, cleaning.

Anonymous

((Oh! That's fine =)))

Sarah rested her chin within the palm of her hand as he answered her, explaining how she wasn’t exactly a maid. Slowly she blinked her lids of her stormy eyes, each time the light hit the surface of her eyes it looked as if lighting was flashing in those rain clouds. At his offer of food she lifted her chin up and with the same hand, she waved towards him, dismissing the very idea of more food.

“No, no Devon, I’m fine.� She gave a faint grin towards him, brushing her fingers through her drying hair. When he told her the time they were to leave, she nodded her head and watched him leave the kitchen. When he left she picked at some fruit and drank some orange juice. She had a bit to go and get dressed, so jumping up and rushing to get into a better dress wasn’t necessary. Eventually, however, her peaceful breakfast was interrupted by the maid from before coming into the kitchen and just…staring at her. Sarah had a slice of melon halfway to her mouth, and she simply stared back at the maid, Helen is she remembered correctly. Just as she was about to ask the maid if there was something she could do for her, the woman left, and Sarah’s insides felt frozen. She dropped the fruit to the plate, and quickly got up from the seat to go back to her rooms.

Once in the rooms, it wasn’t hard for her to find the closet, and when she opened it, she found dresses in different designs and colors. She eventually pulled one out and slipped it onto her body. It was a bit big, but nothing extremely noticeable. The color was near the same shade as her eyes, that dark blue. The fabric was fine cotton, and the sleeves went just down to her elbows. She tried adjusting the neckline, which dipped just beneath her collarbone. The bottom went down the ground, the dress tucking in around her waist and flaring at her hips. She found a pair of leather shoes that she slipped on, and after stuffing tissue into the heels, they fit her just fine. Her hair had dried by then, and she dragged a brush through the thick waves of hair until it sat gently around her shoulders. She searched the bathroom and eventually found a blue ribbon, tying half of her hair back while the bottom half remained down. She examined herself in the mirror a moment, before spinning around. She decided to leave her bow and arrows there, after some battling with herself, but when the fight had finished she turned and walked down the hallway silently.

“Devon!� She called out, not exactly sure where she was supposed to find him again, not giving a specific meeting area.

Anonymous

"Down here, dear, down here in the main room!" he called out to her distant voice. He flipped the newspaper he was holding and put it down neatly on the crystal glass table. He took out his pipe and lit up, non chantanly giving a large sigh before plucking it into his mouth. He blew out of it, the black smoke rising into the air. He leaned back into the white couch and became very relaxed. Almost to relaxed. When suddenly there was another knock on the door. Devon through his hands up. "Who could it be this time!" he cried out, getting up and putting the pipe down, for it was finished. He walked over toward the door and opened it, relieved to see hi cabby master, Benny. "Well hello Benny, dear man, you nearly gave me a fright!" Devon told him, smothing down his hair with his free hand, the other supporting his weight as he leaned upon the large door. Benny gave a nervous smile. Benny was a young man only about in his younger twenties and was in fact quite handsome. He had brown golden hair that wisped in the wind and a nicely tanned face from being the cabby driver. He was thin, but very muscular because he spent almost everday at Devon's farm in getting the horses ready for anything Devon required. It took a lot of work to get the horses ready! So, in being skinny, he was actually in very good shape!

He had beautiful green and grey eyes, speckled with a hint of blue. He could be the man of any dreams. He had been with Devon for at least three years and that was what made Devon trust him so. The young lad never asked questiones her bothered him. Or put his nose into Devon's personal business, which was a good thing for any mortal. Benny looked nervous as he stood, staring at Devon in the doorway. "I just wanted to tell you that we are ready sire, and that the fine horse that you usually choose is sick today. I was taking care of him last night but he hasn't got any better... we have another fine horse, but it's not the one you requested, is that all right, sir?" he asked, his tanned and red raw hands twiddling between themselves as he couldn't bring himself to look into Devon's green eyes. Devon smiled. He loved to suck up the fear that ebbed on mortals. "Not at all, Benny! We're only going for a short ride around town, shall be nothing, in fact, thank you for telling me earlier, I will see to it that I will pick up what the horse needs...and what in fact does the horse need?" he asked, putting a hand up to his forhead and rubbing his temples as they pulsed every so slightly. Benny smiled, glad that his master was not mad. "Just needs a few herbs and a good nights sleep. I think that would be best. Devon smiled, "Yes...well, go get ready..."

OOC: WAs rushed in the end, kicked off. Sorry.

Anonymous

((Blah, it's not much, but it'll do.))

Sara placed her hand along the railing and made her way down to where she heard the voice come from. The pretty blue dress fluttered and her hair bounced along her shoulders as she finally jumped down to the floor. She moved towards the room she assumed Devon to be in, and found nothing. Her eyebrows furrowed together, before she heard mumbled voices, and she moved to follow those. Sara sneaked a glance around the corner to see the back of Devon, and another man there. The rest of her body followed around the corner and she walked up to the two man, clasping her calloused hands in front of her.

“Devon?� She asked, tilting her head to the side, before her stormy eyes flickered over to the man, and a smile of greeting passed along her lips. She nodded her head, causing her hair to fall forward slightly, but the hair that she had tied back remained so.

“Hello.� She spoke. She wasn’t shy, so her voice carried to the two of them. After a few moments she began to rock back and forth along the heels of her leather slippers, and her top teeth reached down to grab her bottom lip within its grasp. She nibbled gently for a minute, before she turned her eyes down. She didn’t know what else to say, so she said nothing at all, politely waiting for Devon to finish whatever business needed to be taken care of.

Anonymous

OOC: Don't worry, we got this whole topic to ourselves, length doesn't matter, even if it is good to get out a least a a nice lenghty post. We've got the topic to ourselves, so might as well enjoy it! I was going to post long, but I heard my sister coming and she always kicks me off... blah so I had to finish up quick and get off. Oh, and I was thinking last night. Maybe Sara should have a tiny crush on Benny and this might anger Devon or something. I don't know, I just think it would cause more conflict somehow, unless you think otherwise....

BIC:

Devon turned as his named was being called. At first he hadn't recognized it as Sara, and so he thought it was Helen, who he was upset with at the moment. He turned, his lips in a straight line. He was relieved to see Sara, and not Helen, in a most stunning blue dress that looked to fit her well. Why were they going shopping? He had no idea, but it didn't matter. Step one was to always make the girl feel special and included. Gain her trust...he thought as his lips turned into an arch of a smile. "Ahh, Sara, you look dashing..." he turned a bit sideways so he could look at Benny and Sara. They just about looked perfect. He raised his eyebrows at the two, but didn't say anything. What would happen if Sara started to like Benny more? Oh, stop it Devon, your just getting ahead of yourself, how do you even know that will happen! he told himself as he ran a finger through his hair. Benny merely stood in the open doorway running a hand through his own hair. When the girl introduced had said hello he couldn't help but roll his eyes. He pretty much knew most of Devon's schemes and he hadn't realized how stupid girls were until now. They didn't even notice all the obvious things around them. Though Benny could barely talk, the first day he had started to work here, he hadn't either. It was when he had done a bit of snooping on his own, and found something very horrible, that stormy night.

Benny was creeping through the hallways at night. Usually he would be asleep in the barn, but tonight he was especially restless and didn't know how to burn off the energy. He figured everybody would be asleep by now and that it would be safe to roam around and just walk around the mansion. So far he had visited the sun room and the library, two places he had quickly ran out because he had sworn he had seen a ghost. This was his second week working here and he figured that he would get a touch of the building. Not really knowing where he was going he traveled up the steps and then through that hallway. Nothing in particualar really jumped at his eye and so he traveled up more steps, and was very surprised when it lead to a door. He caught his breath in his throught. There was movement inside. And large, deep breathing. It was Devon. He put his eye way up toward into the keyhole, and strained his hearing. Devon was speaking to himself, and it was words that Benny would have never guessed in a hundred years. "I am breathing in your essence Clarrisa, your soul, feed it to me, give me strength!" Benny racked his brains and suddenly remembered that Clarrisa was the new girl that had been asked by Devon to come live with them. Benny surpressed a shiver as Devon seemed to be breathing in the scent of a parchment, but Benny could see that the parchment...was glowing. Benny turned and ran, sweat trickling down his face. He ran all the way out of the mansion and back to the barn, where he stayed with the horses until sunrise. The next day, the girl was found dead in her room. Benny had never told anybody this, of what he saw. He pretty much guessed that some people already knew. Who would believe him anyway?

Benny was dragged out of his thoughts by Devon snapping a finger in front of his face. "Benny, you awake there?" he asked, staring suspiciously at him. Benny hadn't realized that he had been staring at Devon the WHOLE time that he was having a little flashback. "Oh, sorry sir, I was kinda up all night with that horse, so I'm not as alert as I usually am.." he half lied. He had been up with the horses nad he was pretty tiered. "Well," Devon said," we should get going, we haven't a lot of time." He snapped his fingers again as a young maid rushed up and brough him his slender black coat. He turned to Benny. Benny was only wearing a white t-shit and a pair of jeans. "Won't you be cold Benny?" Benny had been very cold on the way up to the mansion, but he would nver admit it. Or would he? "Well, it is a bit breezy out sir, but I don't have a jacket..." he stated with a shrug. Devon turned to the maid and told her to bring him his other jacket. She looked at him quizically but did it anyway. Never question Devon. She hurried back and handed to him, who handed it to Benny. Benny stared at it in awe. It was smooth and silkey and it would keep him warm at night with the horses. "Thank you Master Devon!" he cried out, slipping it on himself. Devon smiled. He turned to Sara. "You did not have a coat, am I correct? We'll have to buy you one, in the mean time you can wear this one..." he turned to the maid once more and told her to bring out the finest woman coat he had, and she did( you can make it whatever you want) Devon held it out expectantly for Sara, but not in a mean way. He was holding it in the way you would want to help somebody slip into their coat.

Benny traveled outside into the cold morning air. The sun was high but there was a very cold winter breeze that swept around anything in its path. He went over and petted the horses her were shivering. He talked to it in a low soothing voice. Devon stepped outside as well, rubbing his hands together as the sun peeked down upon him. "What a lovely day... couldn't have asked for a better one!" he stated, breathing in  and out, the mist swirling in front of his face. He turned to Sara. "Are you excited?" he asked, holding out his hand gracefully for her.

Anonymous

((Ohhh, I like that idea. It'll make things quite interesting.))

Sara grinned softly and ducked her head down, tugging on a wavy strand of hair. After a moment of getting over the compliment, she lifted her eyes to watch the two of the men messing with their hair. She then noticed the eye roll that Benny gave and the smile faltered a minute, before turning over to look at Devon, almost wondering if she had done something wrong. Benny was an attractive boy, she couldn’t deny that, and she couldn’t understand what she had done to deserve the eye roll. When the awkward silence fell upon them, Sara began to shift from foot to foot. The dress she wore fluttering gently with her movements, before she stopped her fidgeting with the snapping of Devon’s fingers.  

While the two men talked of horses and Benny staying up late with them, she remained silent and listened to them. When Benny was given the jacket she lifted her eyes and gave a smile at his excitement of the new jacket. She dropped her hands from playing with her hair, before Devon addressed her.

“Oh, I should be fine…� She started, before he snapped his fingers and the maid brought a jacket for herself. She’d never been served like this before, so she thanked the maid numerous times, before she moved towards Devon. Slowly she slipped her arms into the sleeves as Devon held it for her, the silky inside slipping over her arms and forming to her figure. The leather on the outside was buttery to her touch, and the silk pleasant along her skin.

“Thank you Devon.� She spoke softly to him, before walking outside, following Benny, eyeing him a moment before Devon extended his hand out to her. She grinned to him, her faint pink lips curled upwards. She reached her hand out to slip into his own, her slim fingers curling around his hand in a polite and delicate manner.

“Yes, I’m excited.� Her own breath swirled in front of her face and her cheeks turned a rosy color, her stormy blue-grey eyes bright from the sunlight. Her smile seemed to remain along her lips as she walked alongside Devon to the carriage, giving a brief smile towards Benny if she happened to walk by him.

Anonymous

OOC: Sorry this took forever, but my muse died for this site since it's so dead itself... anywayzz I just had a great plot idea. What if she liked Benny so much that soon they fell in love. Benny doesn't want Sara to die like all the other girls so he tries to steal her away one night and Devon finds out. He tryes to kill Benny but in the end, Benny decides to kill him, and then maybe we could add a little twist. Something like the spirit posses Benny for a while or something... or they live in the house happily ever after, but the spirit still haunts them, or something...LOL

BIC:

Devon smiled as he lead Sara to the carriage, Benny up ahead, getting things in proper order. They reached the tall and elegant carrige and he opened up the door for her. The gold dooknob was cold, and it felt prickily under his skin, but he didn't mind. Outside was a beautiful day except for the wind, and anyone would be foolish not to get caught in it! Assuming Sara had gotten in he climbed in himself and opened the front slot so that he could see Benny. "All ready Benny?" he questioned, raising one eyebrow. Benny always thought this movement of the eybrow was funny, and had a hard time not to laugh. "Y-Yes sir!" he exclaimed, trying to smother the laugh with a cough. He pulled on the reins tightly and off they went. Inside the cabin it was nice and cool, but Devon knew that if it was too cold he could always get the spare blankets out from under the seat and give it to Sara. For some reason Devon didn't mind the cold so much. Benny kept looking over his shoulder as he drove, deep into the slot and into the carriage, right at Sara. There was something different about this one. She wans't one of those dressed up pretty girls who Devon had bought at a whore house or something. She was different. He didn't know how he knew, he just did.

Little did Benny, or Devon know, was that Benny had a little power of his own. And it would come in most handyif he just knew he had it, or knew how to use it. Benny could sense people's aura about them. Usually black meant bad, which he had a strong sense of what Devon was. Blue, mixed with red, usually meant a balance between feirce and serenity, and that was how he saw Sara. Most of the other girls he had seen usually just were yellow, which was of course, mellow. Most of them had been loco heads and he didn't care to them very much. But this one... this one seemed as if she would like to ride horses. "BENNY!" Devon cried out from inside the carriage. Benny was awoken from his thoughts, suddenly seeing that the carriage was tetting very close to the edge of a ditch. "Sorry!" he stated, geting the horses back into the line. He stared back into the hole, not seeing Devon's face, and only smiling at Sara's. She must think him a twit. He realinged the horses, and got everything back the way it should, but then his mind started to wander again. Like how he and Sara might look riding horses together in sleek and slim horse outfits. Would she like the horses? There was another angry shout as Benny was snapped out of his day dreams again , and once again noticed that they were teeting very close to the edge. "I'm sorry, Sir, I am quite tiered..." he lied through his teeth. He didn't want Devon to know that he was day dreaming about his woman. Yikes...

Soon the feilds and such drifted away as they headed for town. It was a quite remote town, but many people knew about it because it had a large trading system. Soon other buggys past their own, some more ratier, some even finer. Devon made a mental note to buy a bigger and better cabin while he was in town. Soon they came to a buggy parking place and Devon opened the door, a rush of cold wind bursting in. He smiled at Sara. "Are you ready?" he asked, holding his pale hand out toward her. Benny looked over his shoulder as Devon reached out his hand. What did she see in him? Didn't she feel that same bad feeling he did? How come nobody else noticed it? Or did everybody notice it and were just to afraid to say anything. Benny shook his head. He wanted desperatly to go with them, to protect Sara, but he knew Devon would order him to stay with the horses. Benny tried to reasure himself that nothing bad would happen to Sara in public. He won't try anything out in the open... he couldn't! He musten't! Benny told himself, pulling out a book he had been reading reacently. He put the book down suddenly. Why was he worrying about her? He shouldn't even be thinking about her, let alone worrying! It's because I suddenly care for her...he admited to himself solemly, knowing very well that she would never be his. He picked up the book again, trying to concentrate very hard on the words, but they seemed a mile away, just like his mind, as it conjured up another picture of Sara, and a horse.

OOC: We should have something happen to Sara, making Benny hate Devon more. But Devon shouldn't have done it, because he didn't bring the thing with him. And if something does happen, it should be after the shopping day...

Anonymous

(Ohhh, I like that idea. But, have it over a course of time. I'd hate to see this RP end so soon!)

Sara slipped into the carriage, making sure her dress didn’t twist about her legs in an uncomfortable fashion. She loved the new dress, but a part of her missed the worn in, old ratty dress she had worn before. The thought was pushed from her mind. She liked this pretty dress just fine, and she was lucky enough to wear it. Sara caught the stifled laugh and turn her stormy eyes to the small opening, furrowing her eyebrows together before a smile slipped along her lips. It was Benny. Well, at least he had a sense of humor, although he wasn’t laughing at her. When they began to move, she leaned back and looked out the window every once and a while. Once, she looked to the slot, only to see Benny looking back…at her. She smiled towards him, relieved that maybe he didn’t hate her for some unknown reason.

Sara jumped slightly as she heard Devon yell at the driver, turning to see the carriage moving dangerously close to the ditch. She turned her blue-grey eyes over to Devon and laughed softly. Then, another quick snap towards him.

“Devon, he did say he stayed up all night with the horses. ‘sides, either Benny or the horses would notice if they were about to head straight for a ditch. Just relax.� She gave another smile before turning her head to see the town. When Devon opened the door and the cold rushed in, she shivered and tried to keep her teeth from chattering, her wavy brown hair fluttering from the air, before she set a cold hand into Devon’s, and slipped out of the carriage. She wasn’t as graceful as other girls were, her movements more that of a country girl, hoping out of the carriage before shifting from foot to foot to keep her blood moving and he body warm. Soon, her method worked, and she wasn’t as cold as before. The nice jacket helped considerably as well.

Sara turned her head to look back at the carriage, and at Benny who seemed to already know he would not be going with. She noticed him pull a book out, and she stared out with almost envious eyes. She’d never learned how to read. She couldn’t even speak with proper grammar, sometimes cutting off words and slurring them together. She’d never had proper teaching though. The only thing she could do was ride a horse, and shoot an arrow better than any man she knew. She was content with having that though, but she’d gotten odd stares plenty of times, having to ask people what certain things said.

“Alright, lets go.� She finally said, turning her eyes away from Benny to smile in Devon’s direction, hugging the jacket tight to her body as she followed him.

(Alright, that seems like it would make good for conflict, and conflict is always fun!)

Anonymous

Benny sat atop the carriage, one green grey eye in the book the other following Sara as she moved toward Devon. He was very nervos, and for a minute he felt an extreme urge to get up and follow them. Though he knew that if he did that, somebody would steal the horses and that would be the end of his life. Oh how badly he wanted to follow them! Devon smiled, seeing Sara wrap the jacket around her a bit more. The atmosphere was pleasant and crisp. Passer byers when by, trying to get everything they needed done and podestriants crossed the streets, looking both ways for the incoming and out going horse buggys. For some reason it seemed much more warmer in town than it had at his mansion, but then again, it always felt cold at his mansion. He gave an inaudible laugh at this. He turned to Sara. "What exactly are you looking for?" he asked, staring down at her body and then looking back up at her face. She seemed to be a small size, but he didn't know for sure. The wind blew at his silver hair and he pushed it back impatiently. The wind was what made this day cold. He hated the cold. You would think that being a demon would make him cold hearted, and like the cold, but he hated it. He hated the god damn snow and cold. "I hate the cold..." he spoke his thoughts out loud.

They passed a few shops, but they were only selling cheap clothes, and food. He didn't want to buy her something that wouldn't last or wouldn't look good. He turned to her and winked. She deserved the best, especially since what she was going to go through. He gave another laugh, this time a bit audible as this thought occured to him. Poor Sara... she definietly had it coming.. to bad, she was such a pretty girl. There was another shope up ahead where Devon usually bought his woman clothes. He smiled at Sara and pointed to it, without waiting for an answer he opened the door for her, hoping she would go in. (this is a bit powerplaying.. can change it if you want) Inside the warm air blew on his neck and it gave him a slight shiver as his body tempeture changed so dramatically.  A woman dressed in a nice skirt and shirt came up, her black hair pulled into a tight, neat, bun. Her voice was clear and loud, and it made Devon wince a little from the sudden burst of energy. He didn't really like people like this, but he had known Barbra for as about a year or so, bringing in all the girls he would. Barbra smiled, looked at Sara strangely and then strangely at Devon, her eye brow raised in a question. Devon went through his girl friends fast didn't he? she couldn't help but think as she plasted a big fake smile upon her face.

"Hellooooo, and welcome to the Devour Botique, here we will supply you with every need and whim you have, and make sure you get the clothes you want!" she stated. Devon had heard it a million times before and he smiled, thinking it was funny that she had to say that everyday, everytime somebody walked in. "Let me know if you need any help with anything..." she said motion around the store. It was really large for just being a small botique and it had a different arrange of many styles of clothing. Before Barbra left Devon cried out "Please, two glasses of champaine please..." Barbra nodded as she traveled to the back of the store, getting out two glasses and a bottle of their finest champaine, Devon always did this. This was those kinds of stores that went out of their way just to make you comfortable and with that garuntee came a glass of champaine.

Meanwhile back outside, Benny sat, staring at the book but not taking a single word of it. Usually he was one who was so engrossed in books that he could'nt stop reading, or would very much be distracted with what he had just read. But this time he couldn't think...all he could think of was Sara...Sara with that... that monster. He shivered, as if the cold bothered him and then finally made a descion. He would pay somebody with the little money he had in his pocket and go look for them. No.. no...he couldn't do that. Oh...  Benny didn't know what to do! He wanted to go see if Sara was alright, but he couldn't leave his post, plus he had no idea why he was wondering about Sara's safety. "Just admit it! You have a crush on her! You fancy her! he yelled at himself as he sat their, flipping through the pages. "I know I do!" he muttered to himself, finally putting the book back away to where he had found it, and kept it. Should he take the chance? Should he check if she was alright? "No! I can't leave my post!" he told himself firmly.

Ten minutes later Benny was running down the streets, making sure to check in every window before he passed clothes and food shops, just in case they were in there. He had given the man all his money and his favorite book so that the man would watch the cabby while he was gone. If anything went wrong it would be his life! Though, for some odd reason. He found Sara was worth it. He reached a botique, suddenly starting to loose hope as he had not found one single trace of them. When he looked in he was suddenly relieved and shocked. He had finally found them! He hid his face a little to the left, so if Devon might look out, he would see somebody, but not recognize it was him. Benny breathed a sigh of relief. Sara was alright.[/i]

Anonymous

Sara looked up to Devon at his questions and gave a sort of shrug. She didn’t know exactly what she wanted, what was in the price boundaries, how fancy her clothing was supposed to be. She was so used to simple clothing, that when he asked her what she wanted, she was at a loss for any sort of answer. So, she simply decided not to answer. She lifted a hand to cover her mouth, giggling into it as she heard how he felt about the cold. When Devon came to a stop near the store, she nodding her head in a thank you to his opening the door, and slipped into the shop. When the woman looked at her strangely, she got the same feeling she got when Benny had rolled his eyes at her. What had she done to deserve such looks?

She stood there silently as Devon ordered the champagne, and looked around the place for a minute or so. She still had no idea what to pick out, what Devon would approve of. She looked to the door of the boutique, sighing silently as she did so. Poor Benny was sitting out there with the horses. It was rather cold out. She didn’t mind the cold much, but she wasn’t sure if he did or not. And he must have been lonely. Did his family work for Devon as well? Or was he all alone? She bit her lower lip as she continued to think about him. He was such a sweet boy.

“Devon?� She asked, looking to him with her stormy eyes, before biting her tongue and giving a smile. “I…I don’t really know what you would expect me to wear.� She finally said, deciding not to ask anything about Benny. It might upset Devon, and the last thing she wanted to do was upset the man that was buying her new clothing.

Anonymous

Devon stared at her, confused. He didn't really care what she wore, as long as she liked it. That dress that she was wearing before didn't look like it was comfortable and he thought, in his opionin, that it looked quite small, but maybe that was just to him. He shook his head. "No, It doesn't matter what you wear, as long as you like it and your comfortable, that dress just looked worn." he shrugged his shoulders as if to say he was sorry for making her think that she had to please him. He smiled. In a way she kind of did, but her beauty was already what he wanted, and her soul. He gave a small inaudible laugh to this.

Barbra came back, to crystal glasses filled to the brim with a smooth looking creme colored liquid. She handed on to Devon and the other to Sara. Devon took a large sip and then breathed a sigh of relief. This place always had the best champaine, he didn't care what anybody else said. "What kind of champaine is this?' he questioend rasing the glass for another sip. It was silky and smooth and the flavor bursted and seeped into his mouth. Barbra smiled and said "The Creme..." she announced, as he raised an eyebrow. It fit the champaine, but he had to admit that it was an odd name. "Would you like me to bring out a bottle so you can see?" she asked. He nodded, and she quickly went into the back of the store again. Devon turned to Sara. "Browse the store, and if you find anything you like I'll get it for you!" he stated raising his glass up to a toast to her.

He took another sip as Barbra came back, producing the glass of champaine. He took the bottle, handing his glass to Barbra to hold. He examined it. It was a smooth, frosted glass that had lacy gold writing in the front. "Can I buy a few of these?" he questioned. She stared at him for a moment. She wasn't completly sure that he could for it had never been done before, but she knew that Devon was a GREAT customer and that if he wanted champaine then he would get it. The only thing she knew about the champaine was that it costed about one hundred a bottle. All she needed to do was charge him for a little bit more, and it would cover the cost of the bottles they recived. "How many would you like to buy?" she questioned, taking back the bottle and handing him his glass once more. "I would like to buy about thirty." he commented, brushing back his silver hair as it got in the way. A look of surprise came on her face but she quickly smiled, trying to wash it away. She wouldn't want to see Devon's reaction. It was rude to seem shocked. "Okay, Are you going to take them now or later?" she asked, sounding rather business like. "Later, I'll have a shipman come and get them for me.." he stated, flicking off a particle of dust that had caught on his coat. She smiled and went all the way back into the back again to fix up the order.

Mean while Benny outside was getting very bored. He kept staring in at the two of them, but he didn't notice anything wrong. Maybe his superstitions had gotten the better of him. He shook his head. "No, I know I feel a bad aura around Devon, something has to happen..." he commented in a small whisper. He looked away from the window and up at a couple who was staring at him. He smiled nervously. To them he probably looked like a peeping tom, and what was worse was that they had just witnessed him talking to himself. He gave a nervous laugh as he turned away from them as they walked away. Something was going to happen, he could feel it in his bones.

Devon turned to Sara, repeating his words. "Pick anything you like, but I would also like you to pick a very fancy a dress in case we should have dinner or a ball." he commented, taking another sip of the silky champaine.