Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Poor little girl (Cat!)

Started by Anonymous, October 17, 2006, 05:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sara turned her head down to Benny, as she had been staring before herself. At the suggestion of their riding together, she gave a smile and a nod. That sounded like an idea. That was until he told her Devon would come along.

“He does know I don’t need babysitting? Me and him and go whenever we like to. I don’t need him making sure I won’t trip or fall.� So it wasn’t a matter of Devon, but of independence. She laughed as she heard Benny talked about Devon’s taste, and she couldn’t help but agree. The man did have good taste, she couldn’t deny that. She didn’t even know what taste these high living people should have, but he had a good one. At his question about Devon, she shrugged her shoulders.

“I’ve known him for not even two days. But, he took me in. Aside from my family, I have had a pretty horrible life. He’s changing that. I have to be thankful for that. I don’t…I don’t appreciate charity, or people taking pity upon me, but I’m not too proud to accept help when I know I need it.� She said, before looking down to see him rubbing his head. She hoped he hadn’t caught what she had. When he grabbed the reins she almost spoke to him, to tell him she had ridden horses many, many times before, and this was hardly her first. At his comment about her, she covered her mouth, turning her head to the side before laughing.

“I’m hardly a princess.� She replied back to him, before he stopped the white horse. She nodded, reaching down to grab his hand and jump down off of the horse, landing perfectly and dusting her dress off a bit. She was thankful for the helpful hand, but she turned to look at him with a sort of smile.

“I was raised on a farm, Benny. I don’t need you holding the reins and helping me off of a horse. The thought was sweet, but, I’m not like those girls that needs a coat placed over a puddle so they can keep walking.� She gave a grin, before turning to pat the horse’s nose with a thankful smile, whispering a few kind words to the animal, before turning her attention back to Benny.

Anonymous

Benny raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. He already knew that she was different from the rest, but since he had been used to the rest, he couldn't forget their girlish ways. "Sorry...usually the girls are like-" He stopped himself. He shouldn't talk about the other girls in front of her. He didn't want to worry her. "Yeah, yeah, I'll stop...." He gave her a playful punch on the shoulder, grabbing the reins and guiding the horse over toward the stream. Meggie looked down upon it, and then lowered her head, her salmon pink tongue exposing itself to the icy water. Benny gave a muffled sigh as he plopped down on the ground next to Meggie. "I've already done all the work, so you don't need to help me with anything. Usually Devon just picks one major horse that i have to wash and furnish before the ball...I already did it all..." He spoke his thoughts aloud, his thoughts once more returning to the ball that he would have to secretly attend. He edged himself over toward the water, and then shifted so that he lay upon his stomach. He propped his head up against his hands, his elbows digging into the cold, damp earth. The smell of earth and must, and water, rise to his nose. "I love the smell of nature..." He commented, breathing in deep. He let out the breath and then looked up at her. "So...you've got a bad past... want to talk about it?"

Benny's past wasn't that much greater either. Him and his parents had been very poor, along with Benny's younger brother, Jared. They had lived on the streets for a while, going from home to home befor Devon actually took them in. Benny, it seemed, was the only one who noticed that Devon took a special liking in Benny's mother. Jared was also a sick child, and the doctor that they had taken him two when they had saved up another money told them that he would live past ten. The doctor was right. Jared was only five when they moved into the Devon mansion, and he had only gotten worse. On July 23 Jared had died at the age of nine. Devon had arranged an elaborated funeral. His father had bawled, but the mother said that she was happy that at least he had gotten a proper burial. Don't get me wrong, she was very depressed and all, but at least his body wouldn't have to be left on the street, or in some unmarked place. However the mother had not known that she would be joining her dear son soon. Devon had taken an even more liking to Benny's mother, and Benny had persistantly told his father about this, who shrugged it off, even though he knew. Slowly, Benny's mother drifted away from his father toward Devon. How did Benny know this? He had seen them together, in Deovn's bed.

HIs mother had died shortly after, and it was just him and his father. Old age was already on his father when their mother had died, and so about ten years later, he had died. So here Benny was, an orphan. No family. Nothing. Just Devon. Devon. The man who had taken his mother away, but the man who also provided two loveley funerals for each. The man who had taken them in, but had taken them in for a price. It seemed that no matter what problem you were put at, Devon was always the center. Benny shivered, his thoughts ruffled as a slightly splash came from the water, and he realized that the horse had slightly wadded in. He breahted out a sigh and stood up, looking at her. "Sorry, I somewhat dozed.... what did I ask again? Oh yeah. What was your past like... I'll share you mine, if you share me yours..." He told her with a grin. Though his insides were squirming like he was about to pass out.

OOC: Oh my god... that post was so depressing to write...ugh.. haha

Anonymous

((Sorry it took so long! I've been busy with work a lot lately.))

Sara looked at him, before stumbling slightly as he punched her shoulder, and she returned it with equal strength. She walked with him over to the stream and turned to look at him, giving a nod. She was glad that he didn’t have to do as much work. But, she would have helped either way. She looked down at him as he sat down and rolled to lay on his stomach. She laughed at his comment, before shrugging his shoulders at his observation.

“Yes. Talk about it?� She asked after a moment, blinking, not really sure if she wanted to tell him everything about her. She had just met him, despite how close they seemed already. While he fell into thought, she dropped down onto the grass to sit beside him, not caring if she got the dress dirty. She was so used to getting her other clothes dirty, that she had forgotten she wasn’t wearing her old dress. When he spoke again, she turned her head to look over to him, and sighed at his question, shrugging her shoulders before looking to Meggie as she wadded into the water.

“Fine.� She muttered out, before brushing her hair from her face. “Uhm, well, they weren’t that bad, I guess. I never knew my father. I don’t think he died, but my mother never really told me about him. I’m guessing she loved him though, because she never got married and never really had a relationship with anyone else. The both of us lived on this small, broken farm. We had a few horses, and a few animals. Eventually we had to start selling the animals because we had no money. Soon, I came down with this nasty fever. I couldn’t stand, couldn’t walk, could hardly stay awake. They said that once you fell asleep, you stayed asleep for good. I fell asleep one too many times. I don’t really remember a lot about it, just that my ma had to spend all of our money on every herb or cure she had heard of. Eventually, I slowly got better…but then my ma came down with it. I don’t know if it was because she was older or what, but she fell asleep…and she didn’t wake up again. There wasn’t anything I could really do with her body. It was just me in this broken up farm…and I had nothing or nobody. So, I burned the farm with ma inside. It was the least I could do, I suppose. I would have buried her, but I was still kind of weak from the fever. And then I just…left. I never really had a home after that. Living on the streets isn’t too much fun. After about a year of that…I ran across Devon and well, you know the rest.� She picked at blades of grass beside her, not looking up to him as she peeled a blade apart.

Anonymous

Benny had been quiet the whole time. Nodding and going "uh-hm" at the apropriate times. He listened to her explain her horrible past and he could only give a sigh as she finished. Her put his arm around her neck and heaved another sigh. "My past is just as bad..." He commented, raking a shaking hand through his wavy hair. "I had a little brother named Jared who was really young, and sick. My mother and my father and my brother,  and me lived on the street for a while...until... Devon took us in." He paused for a moment, his arm dropping from her shoulders as he pushed himself up. His foot sank a little in the soft ground. He began pacing. Meggie's beautiful sapphire eyes watched him in curorisity as she ate murky grass from the stream's bank. "Devon took us in, and for a little while, life was good. The doctor however, told us that Jared wouldn't live past ten, and he didn't. So he died on July 23. Soon Devon had taken on a liking to my mother, adn I told my father but he didn't do anything about it. My mother shortly died after Jared." He paused again, stopped pacing and turned his back upon her to look upon the stream. "Then it was just me and my father. My father had been already old when my mother had died. And so after about ten years my father was soon dead." He let out a shaky sigh as he scanned the stream, but not really looking for anything.

"And that's the end. I'm just an orphan here, working all the time." He turned toward her, his green eyes brimming with a glisten. "And now your here. I want you to be careful." He told her, bending down upon one knee and grasping her hand, staring straight into her eyes. His feelings were strong now after telling his past, but he did not show any other emotion beyond that. He stood up and went over to the horse, who had gone a bit deeper. The horse wadded out of the water and up on the bank, almost slipping but catching itself. Benny patted the horse and suddenly it all happened in one swift motion.

The horse, who he guessed did not like to be patted there, took it's hindlegs and ever so nicely kicked Benny in the chest. Sending him flying out over the water and making a large spalsh as he tumbled in. He came back up, gasping for air as he chest ached ever so badly.

Anonymous

Sara sat there as he spoke to her, bending her knees slightly as she stared ahead of herself. So, he had no one either. They were both…alone. All they had was Devon. She began to think, but then he knelt before her. She blinked as her stormy eyes watched his, not saying anything as he moved away from her. Suddenly, a thought struck her, and the thought needed an answer.

“Benny…why do all of the girls here die? Why are there new ones so often. Everyone has given me an odd stare. The old dresses. Your mother. Why do the girls keep disappearing or dying? I would hate to die so soon.� She brushed her curly brown hair from her face as she pushed herself up to her feet, brushing her dress off, before the horse kicked him back into the water. Her eyebrows rose before she laughed and ran up to her knees into the water, helping him up and trying to make sure he was alright at the same time. She brushed his wet hair from his face as she ignored the cool water that wet the bottom of her dress and her legs.

“Are you alright?� She asked between her laughs, forgetting her previous questions. She didn’t want to know the answer. She didn’t want to know why it seemed like the females were disappearing from Devon’s household. If she were next, well, she would simply enjoy the time she had lived there.

Anonymous

Why do all the girls die? The question sent a shiver down his spine, and he didn't think it was from being soaked to the skin either. He nodded his head, saying that he was alright, but he was completly out of breath. He panted, sucking in air which he had lost through the kick and the water. "Yeah... I'm fine..." He crooked like a frog. He walked out of the water and staggered onto the shore. Looking over at Meggie she merely gave a toss of her head, blinking her large blue eyes. He only could crack into a fit of laughter. "Ah.. Meggie... she knows more than we think." Benny told Sara. It was the truth. Benny had thought of the philosphie that animals knew more than they let on.

He shivered again, now cold, wet, and hungry. "I think we should go back soon... it's getting late and I need to change for dinner. Are you hungry?" He asked her. Devon always prepared glamorous dinners. Benny had attended a few when he was a small child because he was aloud to go with his family...and his mother. That brought his thoughts back to Sara's question.Why do all the girls die? He thought for a moment, and then turned to Sarah, concern and sincerity in his eyes. "Listen, don't get your feelings wrapped around Devon okay? I don't know why they die, but I know that they do die. Don't get to much involved with Devon alright?" He warned her more than asked her. He was so worried and he knew that he was have to start formulating a plan, starting tonight.

Benny stood up, stretching and grabbing the horses reins, pulling the horse out of the water. She shook her head and snorted. He smiled and patted her nose. He turned to Sara. "Well, get up! I'm not going to help you because, as you said yourself, you don't need my help." He gave a playful grin. Wondering what would happen.

OOC: Ich, sorry, bad post, kinda museless...

Anonymous

Sara laughed as he got up, hearing him panting and turned to look at him with bright blue grey eyes. She followed him onto the shore, the bottom of her dress dragging slightly from the water. It also cooled her shins and caused her to shiver as well. At Benny’s comment about Meggie, she turned to look at the horse and a smile split her lips, nodding her head which caused the curls to lightly bounce. At his question about going back to the house she looked towards the spring, then back the way they had come.

“I think it would be best. I can’t imagine what Devon would be like if we were late for such a fancy, private dinner. Besides, I need to change this dress, and if I’m wearing the one he bought me, it’ll take hours to get into.� She smiled before reaching over to pat the horse on her side. Her attention was drawn away from Meggie as she heard Benny’s warning, turning to lock eyes with him. Her lips pressed into a straight line as she finally was able to rip her gaze away from his own.

“I’ll be the one to dictate my feelings and for whom I have them. He’s been kind to me, and taken me in when he shouldn’t have. If I want to be thankful to him, then I will. If I care for him, I will.� The stubbornness was clear in her crisp words, not turning her head to look back at him. Something about Devon intrigued her, and she was sure it had something to do with the danger and the thrill of it all. She was a young woman, and a cunning man like Devon was enough to sweep any girl off of their feet.

She forgot her momentary anger with Benny to laugh and easily lift herself up onto the horse, not even thinking about the process of getting up. Rather than sit at her side, she threw either of her legs onto each side of the horse, her wet dress bunching up slightly, but she didn’t seem to mind.

“C’mon, let’s go!� She smiled towards Benny, before nodding her head in the direction of the mansion.

Anonymous

OOC; I'm just going to say that they started walking...hehe

BIC:

Benny sighed as they continued to walk through the lightly beaten path toward the mansion. Sara had said that she wouldn't listen to Benny and she would let Devon cater her and let him into her life. He shook his head. There was definietly going to be danger to this. His memory would flash to all the girls he remembered. Claudia, Megan, Anastasia, Becky, Lynn, Lace, and so many more that he couldn't remember. They had all died in that horrible mansion. And since they were high priced fashion whores, no one had given a rat's ass about them. Which meant if they suddenly dissapeared... no one would notice. He sighed again, realizing Sara's story. If she would suddenly dissapear... only he would know.

But he wouldn't let that happen. Not this time. He wouldn't let Deovn hurt Sara, for he seemed to be quite fond of her for some reason. The sky up ahead was a light shade of perwinkle blue. Small stars were scattered across the sky, and they seemed to wink at him. When he looked behind him on the path, he could see a desolent moon ahead. It was in it's wanning stage. He sighed again, and looked up at Sara. "I'm sorry, for what I said back there... about Devon.... It wasn't my place to speak." He told her, feeling imense guilt run over him. It really wasn't his place to speak, but he had felt, at that time, that he wanted to warn her. Though it was no good. If someone would have just met you, and told you that you were going to die soon, because the guy that he given you a second change was going to steal you threw a piece of paper, you'd believe them right? HAaaa

He gave a hollow laugh at this thought, putting himself into Sara's position and imagining someone telling him this. It would be his worst nightmare if he actually found it was true, but if he wouldn't have known, he would have thought it poppycock. Soon they were at the end of the trail, and Benny could just see the barn up ahead. And if you strained your eyes enough. You could see a black mansion, looming over the land. It's outline vague and weary against the setting sun. He grabbed the reins again and led them out of the forest, back into the barn. He was shivering from being soaking wet. Plus there was a nasty wind that kept blowing in the land.

BIC:

Devon sat at the long, elaborated dinner table, tapping his fork impatiently on his bare china plate. Where were they? He had sent Sara away and hour ago. Devon stood up, begining to pace. Helen came out of the kitchen, a small smile on her face. However, when she turned to Devon she put on a sad one. "Maybe they ran away together. " She said in a fake sad tone. Devon turned to her, angry. "They did not, and how dare you step out of place to say that!" He was upset and she had been wrong to test his patience and anger thread even more. She sighed, putting the red wine that he had requested on the table. "Well, why do you think they've been gone so long? " She questioned, wanting ever so bad to put a hand on his shoulder and comfort him, in return feeling welcomed and comforted. He took out another cigar and lit it, breathing in the warm and mellow taste of vanilla. "They'll be here.... They better be." He growled under the smoke that now lined the room. The warm and lucious food sat on the table. It was starting to get cold.
Benny, who had just went into his one room bed room, came out in some black pants, a white shirt, and his hair slicked back to look sleek and stunning. When he came out he asked Sara. "How do I look?" Meggie, the horse, whuffled, and Benny smiled a flashing smile.

Anonymous

Sara shrugged her shoulders as they made their way back up to the castle, hearing his apology. She didn’t blame him. People, girls, were disappearing in the place she currently lived. It wouldn’t be odd for someone to try and warn her. She appreciated the warning, but, she could take care of herself.

“Don’t say it wasn’t your place. We’re on the same level. Thank you for the warning, but I’ve been through enough to have fairly good judgment.� She smiled down to him as she swept her hair back from her face, leaning against the horn of the saddle, shutting her eyes as she inhaled and exhaled the sweet smell of the outdoors. When the dark building was visible she gave a heavy sigh, lifting her heavy eyelids. She had had quite a day, and needless to say she was tired.

When they reached the building, Sara waited for Benny to change, shifting from foot to foot as she looked to him with a bright smile as he exited the room. She allowed her dark gaze to take him in, almost as if thinking about it, before giving a satisfied nod.

“Lovely!� She said with a laugh before walking up to him, lifting her hands to smooth back a strand of hair that had decided to be rebellious. She took a step back to survey her work, and gave a satisfied nod.

“I’ll be there in a moment. I need to change out of this dress, it’s quite dirty. You can meet me there though?� She asked, but before she received an answer from him, she turned around and dashed into the large house. She muttered to herself as she tried to picture the layout of the house. She got lost only once before stumbling into her own room. She wasn’t sure what had happened to the dress Devon had bought her, so she went rummaging through the closet to find a dress that would fit her. Finally, she found a pretty black dress than seemed to slide over her body. It took her a moment to latch the back up, but when she stared into the mirror, she was satisfied with the result. The black silk hugged her upper half, and then at her hips gently fell to the ground. Nothing flashy, but it was nice. She tied her hair back with a black ribbon, and after washing her hands, she dashed out of the room and towards the dining room.

After opening the door she slipped in and shut it behind herself, before turning to see Devon pacing around the room. She pressed her lips together in an almost apologetic manner, before taking a few steps in, the black fabric of the dress swishing gently.

“Devon? I’m sorry it took so long, but Benny and I sort of lost track of time.� She spoke out with complete confidence, no hint of being timid or ashamed.

Anonymous

Benny watched her go. He would meet her there, but she seemed more excited about this dinner than he was. He wasn't looking forward to sitting and eating Devno's food. He couldn't help but think about if Devon had done something to the food. He shook his head. He wouldn't kill Sara that early. Or easily. He sighed again, as he made his way to the mansion.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Devon turned, seeing Sara. He had wanted to retort to her in an angry way, but once he had seen her in that dress all he could do was stare. She really was a beautiful maiden. She was just hiding it behind that ratty grey dress. "Ahh..there you are Sara... you look lovely. I was getting worried. " He commented, as he moved toward her and kissed her on the cheek lightly, his lips brushing her velvet white skin. He pulled away, looking at her again. Taking in her beauty. "What kept you so long?" Then, looking around he realized that something was missing. "Where's Benny?"
XXXXXXXX
As if, on  cue, Benny walked in. His cheeks were slightly red and he was somewhat panting from running the last remaning steps up to the mansion. His hair looked winded and he quickly smoothed it down, so that it was it's perfect sleek self again. As to not arise suspision he smiled and put out his hand. "Here sir!" His golden brown hair, to his dismany, fell a little in front of his greenish-greyish-bluish eyes. Devon smiled, taking Benny's hand and shaking it with a firm grip. Devon couldn't believe that the young man had so many callouses on his hand. "Ahh.. I was worried sick.. what took you so long?" Asked Devon, not even bothering to hide his dissapointment that they had taken to long. (a little powerplaying, though I can't type anymore without it.) Assuming Sara had taken her seat Devon went and sat next to her, althought not completly. He was at the end and he had pulled out a chair on the end of one of the sides. Benny, trying not to rise more suspision that he had feelings for Sara walked to the other side, sitting across from her.

In front of them was an elaborated table, filled with wonderful colors and smells. There was everything you could imagine. Sweet meats, wine, mince pies, roast, roast duck, anything your tastesbuds desired would be yours if you just asked. At the end of the table was the deserts. Such as Cannolies, cakes, cupcakes, cookies, The smells mixed, and it rose to Benny's noes with such an entrancing sense that his mouth began to water. For his dinner he usually had some oatmeal.

Devon smiled. "Dig in everybody, before it get's any colder." Devon seemingly forgot about Benny not answering to his question, and Benny left it at that. Benny and Sara's time by the stream should be kept secret. Devon turned to Sara and flashed a stunning smile, saying in a sweet and seductive accent." Laissez le désir de votre coeur venir vrai !" Which, in French meant, Let your heart's desires come true! Benny rolled his eyes. "Show off..." He muttered very very quietly. Though even as quiet as he had, Devon looked over his way. "What was that?" Benny smiled, covering up quickly. "I said nothing sir, nothing!"

This was going to be a very intresting dinner.

Anonymous

Sara blinked as she watched Devon as he turned around. She took a few steps into the room as he stepped towards her. She slightly froze in place as his lips brushed the side of her face, but quickly relaxed once more. When he moved back she gave a shrug of her slim shoulders, lifting a hand up to brush a loose curl from her face.

“We lost track of time Devon.� She replied back to him, just as strong and firm as before. Her head turned to see Benny rushing in, his cheeks red and she gave a smile in his direction. She allowed the two to shake hands, and when they were done she headed over to the table with them, taking the seat she was supposed to take. She once more tucked an unruly strand of hair behind her ear, clasping in her hands in her lap as they two sat, looking up to see Benny across from her. A faint smirk curled her lips up before she tilted her head down.

When Devon spoke to her in French, she couldn’t help but laugh, returning a smile in his direction. She began to pick foods and what not for her plate, assuming the two of them had as well. She lifted her stormy eyes up to look over to Benny as he muttered something, and then turned to look at Devon. She blinked a moment in slight confusion, before dropping it and turning her attention to the food before herself. She didn’t seem to care how interesting this dinner would be, the food would make up for it.

Anonymous

OOc; This will probably be short since Devon and Benny really have nothing to do but fight.

BIC:

Devon smiled as Sara began to dig in. He turned to Benny and bowed his head, showing that it was time to eat. He took his plate and threw things onto it. Chicken, corn, italian bread. Something that would fill him up, but not make him feel heavy and fat in the morning. Benny, who was almost watering at the mouth, gladly grabbed anything he thought would suit him, and fill him up, and piled it onto his plate. He took his fork and began to dig in, as did Devon.

Devon took a sip of his blood red wine and sighed with relief. "So, did you take care of the horses Benny, for tomorrow night?" Devon was just practically giddy at the thought of what lay ahead tomorrow. Ryan, his runner. Had taken care to hang flyers and spread the word of the ball. As they spoke right now things were being made and perpared for the wonderful festivities tomorrow. Benny nodded, not wanting to say anything with a mouth ful. He swallowed and then smiled, glancing over at Sarah and giving her a smile. He turned back to Devon. "Yes I did sir, they're all rarin to go." He stated, taking a drink of his own wine. It somewhat left a red mustache on him, but he quickly wiped it away on a snow white napkin.

He looked over at Sara and smiled, showing off his flashing teeth. Devon looked over at Benny. His eye brow raised in confusion but he said nothing. Was it so that maybe Benny had something for Sara? No I couldn't be possible. It couldn't be. Devon shook his head, taking another bite of chicken.

Anonymous

((This will be a post! I've been crazy busy lately. I've got work, and recently I was in a pretty nasty car crash. I should be able to reply tomorrow though!))