Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Frequenter of the Barscene (can be locked)

Started by Anonymous, April 10, 2007, 12:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Analina put the finishing touches on the black leather-bound book she'd been working on for weeks. Technically, it had been "complete" for weeks, but she kept finding tiny things she wanted to change - she always wanted her products to look absolutely perfect.

She gathered up her stray materials, putting them into a wooden chest on the inside of the caravan. She was tired and cold and hungry, and she knew just the place she wanted to go... the inn, if only for a hot meal and a shower. She reeked of the busy day she'd had - she had peddled her own wares under the hot spring sun, she'd gone shopping in search of a specific dress pattern, she'd gone hunting for the right plants to make specific dyes, she'd earned a tidy sum by finally selling a regal gown, and on top of that, her allergies were acting up because there was a chocolatier opening somewhere in town. Not only was she hungry, but she was so thirsty...

As she made her way toward the inn, her path diverted to the tavern. She quickly surveyed the premises, noting which figures she particularly wanted to stay away from tonight. She threw her small chin up in the air, greeting the barkeep, their little signal that meant she was ordering her "regular." She never even knew what exactly her regular was, only that it was some strangely potent concoction that was made up of Vorak knows what. Once she dared to ask, only to have the barkeep smile wryly down at her and wink. After the first intoxicating sip, she didn't care to push further. There were traces of mint, hints of tomato, but she never could pinpoint the other ingredients and flavors - they'd mixed so well. For all she knew, the guy could've chopped up flittens and...

Eww... I really just thought that, didn't I? Poor... tasty,,, she shuddered. Who thought such things? She'd had disturbing thoughts like these ever since... "Since Hadriel," she unknowingly spoke aloud.

A brief shiver ran through her spine as memories flashed in he rmind. She quickly raised her hand and snapped her fingers at the barkeep, lifting her chin again. "Barkeep? Keep 'em coming - I don't want to be able to think properly. Thoughts drive me mad!" Coyly, she smiled up at the hulking figure.

____EDITED TO ADD THIS, SINCE NO ONE IS POSTING____

It felt like an eternity later, and Analina was totally, utterly sloshed. She shot a glare at the barkeep, another signal of theirs. This one meant it was time to usher her home.

The 'tender called out to the doorman, a burly but gentle man, one she had only known from standing at the door and walking her sorry bottom to the caravan. She didn't even know his name.

She gulped the last drops of the concoctions, wavering unsafely. She slurred, "Take*hic* me ho*hic*me?"

Analina threw an arm around the taller man, lifting herself slowly from the barstool. The night was over. She was throwing in her towel. Silently, she thought to herself, Never again... Just like she had thought on any other drinking night.

Anonymous

It had been a week, give or take, since her last debacle at the tavern. The doorman that had brought her home hadn't let her back in since, and she was inwardly okay with that. She knew it was time to clean her act up, else she would fall prey to another man.

Analina packed up her caravan and bid the town adieu, hoping to start over where no one knew her name.