Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Don't Piss Off The Faeries {3rd Ateempt}((JUNO!))

Started by Anonymous, October 21, 2008, 07:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ziya knew he should have packed something to eat before he ran away from home, for his tiny stomach was growling mercilessly. He tried to keep up his strength while flying as fast as he could, but to no avail.

When he finally arrived on the outskirts of a strange settlement, he flitted in, too hungry and thirsty to notice the sheer size of the village in comparison to his tiny frame. Finally, he landed on the giant roof of someone's giant, strange home.

He had never been so hungry and tired in his life. The mere thought of it was enough to send him dozing off, causing him to fall off the edge of the roof. Unbeknownst to him, there was a passerby right beneath him.

Anonymous

This had definitely been a stressful day for Sophia, what with dealing with rebellion amongst her herd involving straying off and fights, and as always the ever present dragon that seemed to require pointing out the flaws of her actions at every moment possible. Small instances such as these were quite common occurrences in her life now, so much so that she wondered why exactly she even bothered fretting over the events of each day. Reaching Ketra was the ultimate goal, though, having been on the road for so long, and she felt a wave of relief when the surroundings began to change and the town became clearly visible.

Glad to finally be in a place where she could rest, the young woman was oblivious to the fact that something was headed for a crash landing in her general location. The chatter of Masika had increased in her mind, talk about lack of respect for her poor human and how some just didn't understand the concept of standing on their own. This was meaningless to her as she continued her march into town at the head of the group while the dragon watched the small creature make his unconscious descent upon her friend.

The sudden presence of a new being above startled the horse that Sophia had been leading, which made her stop her forward motion and, unfortunately, place a target upon herself. Yet another misfortune, she did not realize that the small man was even there until she felt her knees buckle as his momentum carried them both to the ground. With her reins now flying freely, a frightened horse loose and her mind left in a daze of utter confusion, she pulled herself up and reached to calm the animal before turning to look down at the creature. "What the hell are you doing?!" she demanded, eyes growing wide as she surveyed the one who had fallen on her.

Anonymous

Being only five inches tall and very fragile, Ziya was knocked unconscious by the impact of landing on top of the stranger. He then fell onto the ground, giving a small yet audible "Oof!" as he hit the dirt, which only served to add to the bruises he already sustained.

The words the stranger spoke did not quite reach the faerie's long ears, since he was quite obviously unconscious on the ground with a black and blue bruise covering his entire left arm. However, his tiny stomach continued to growl from lack of food.

Anonymous

Taking in the look of him, expecting to see a creature of much larger size before her, Sophia crouched down, after she'd calmed her horse, to observe the faerie. Traveling had afforded the young woman sight of creatures of the strangest appearance and structure, but never had she seen one quite like the small man that lie on the hard ground. Cocking her head to the side she pondered capturing him and selling him on the market while here in Ketra. Hearing the footfalls of her companion approaching from the rear of the line, though, she cut off this thought so that the dragon would not pry.

"I told you to move, you shouldn't let others fall on you, you'll get hurt. What is that?" A blue head descended upon the form of Ziya, a great huff of air blown over him as Masika took in his scent. "He's very small... We should keep him with us, I think he's hungry," the dragon observed.

"Keep him? No, he looks dead already! I doubt he could lift a bridle if we asked him to and it's hard enough as it is feeding us all," the girl complained, earning herself a stern look from her guardian.

"Give me some water and some of that bread you didn't eat this morning, anyone can down something as simple as that." Reaching out carefully with a front paw, the blue behemoth turned the faerie over with a claw before scooping him up to cradle against the scales of her palm. Snatching the canteen and bread from the muttering human girl, Masika focused all of her concentration on being gentle with the little man as she poured a few splashes of water directly onto his face. "Hello there, are you hungry? Thirsty?" she asked, bringing her head down to his level.

Anonymous

The icy splatter of water against Ziya's face succeeded in bringing him back into the awakened world. Emerald eyes blinked open as Ziya slowly came to realize that he was staring at a dragon. A REAL dragon. He gasped and quickly scuttered himself into a sitting position eyes wide with shock at the giant creature before him.

"Y-You're a...a...a dragon! A real live dragon! I thought dragons were only myth! But here I am staring at a REAL dragon!" A short pause, then, "Oh, but were are my manners? Please forgive my sudden outburst. Anyways...where am I?"

He then seemed to have forgotten that his left arm was all black and blue, for started to hurt him a lot. "Oww...my arm...what happened?"

Anonymous

The dragon could but chuckle at the faerie's words of utter astonishment, his reaction what her human friend would call 'priceless'. "Yes, I am a dragon. I seem to bring many reactions whenever I am seen, but at least I didn't frighten you out of your wits." The great creature's throat rumbled with laughter still as he asked his questions. Lifting her head slightly, Masika silently beckoned Sophia, though was disappointed to find that the girl was choosing to ignore her in favor of adjusting the tack on the horse she had beside her.

"Well, we're just inside Ketra borders now, but you fell off that building up there," -she made a gesture with her other paw, pointing a claw towards the structure he'd fallen from before moving it to point at Sophia- "and then fell on my friend over there. She won't talk about it, but I'm sure she's terribly embarrassed to have been caught off guard like that, even though I warned her you were coming." Another chuckle churned in her throat, but she quickly turned her attention back to the man in her grasp.

"I suppose the question, though, is if you're all right or not? Sophia here has a bruised ego, but that will heal with time... Anything broken? And, pardon my intrusive nature, but why are you here?" she asked.

Anonymous

Ziya cocked his head to one side, a confused look on his face. What was a Ketra? The village he was in? How did he get here? Did he really fall on someone? Well, that might explain the huge bruise on his tiny arm. Ziya glanced at the woman for a quick second, then back at the dragon.

"I see," he said. "Well, my arm looks very bruised, but I'm not sure how--ow--serious the damage is."

As to answer why he was here, the tiny faerie looked about him, mulling things over and putting two and two together. "Why am I here...?...Oh yes! I was running away from home! Then I got very hungry and then I...passed out, I guess."

His stomach then growled considerably; despite being such a small creature, it didn't take one with excellent hearing to hear that. Ziya smiled sheepishly. "Guess I forgot about that. I hope you don't mind me troubling you for some food and water?"

Anonymous

The dragon took amusement in watching the being of substantially smaller proportions than herself, such only showing, though, with her eyes that shined expressively. All attention drawn away from the human girl now, certain that this new source of conversation would be better than constantly being shot down or told otherwise, she took a moment to observe the faerie.

"You must have been running a long ways to pass out like you did." Upon hearing the distinct sound of his growling belly and requests for food and water, Masika thrust the bread she'd been holding into the small man's lap. "It's rather...big for you, but if you're hungry then please eat. And water... The canteens from the packs are full, if you can manage one, here." She set the small vessel in front of the faerie, fascinated still that someone so small was holding a conversation with her.

"What were you running from?" blurted Sophia, turning to watch the interaction between dragon and fae.