Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tales from the Faelands

Started by Hyacinthus, June 05, 2022, 04:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyacinthus

Sophie closed her eyes for a moment, resting them a bit as she listened to Miersck speak. She could feel the inner conflict in his tone, the self-disdain in his voice as he tried to rationalize his feelings. As his tensions began to boil, and doubt seemingly filled his heart, Sophie opened her eyes once more, and reached over toward him. She took one of his hands in her own, gently moving it away from his hair-- he was so quick to be self-destructive, she'd learned. Her other hand moved to caress the side of his face; A gentle brush across his cheek, as if to get his attention.

"We'll fix this. Together. I won't... can't let the darkness take you, either." Sophie smiled softly with her words, giving Miersck a gentle squeeze of the hand. She could not begin to fathom how long he'd been alone-- perhaps as long as she had. Yet there was a stark difference that she found herself in need of constant reminding between the two of them-- She'd never had anything. Not from birth, nor from her earliest memories. Miersck, on the other hand... had something, once. Something that, from what she had been able to piece together, had been taken away from him in one way or another. That sort of loss... the girl had never experienced such a thing, nor did she wish it on anyone, but it went so far toward explaining why he tended to feel he needed to do everything himself, or fix everything by himself.

Well, no longer. If she could help lighten that burden even a little, she would.

"Don't worry about if it's fair. Just... promise that you won't try to go it alone anymore." She thought on her words a bit more, before she continued speaking. "No matter if we're together, or seas apart... I'll always be there for you. That's my promise. I won't let you carry everything on your own anymore... so promise me you won't try to."

visualspice

At her words, and in spite of himself, Miersck threw his arms around her, burying his face into her shoulder and held her fierce.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Hyacinthus

Sophie was certainly caught off guard by Miersck's immediate embrace, but she didn't pull away or chastise him. Instead, slowly, she wrapped her arms around him in return, resting one of her hands on his head and petting him gently— doing all she could think of to let him know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that his heart, his fears, his frustrations— all of it was safe with her.

"It's okay... We'll be okay." She cooed soothing words into his ear as they lay together for a while longer. She could've never imagined the prickly moth fae she'd met so recently had such a side to him, which made her adore him all the more.

visualspice

Part of the reason he hid his face, aside from the fact he felt like he couldn't get close enough to her in that moment, was to hide the budding tears. He was already showing too much vulnerability and even though it was long over due from month and perhaps years of repression, he was still Miersck. 

Yet it felt nice, to be so open with someone. And to have someone to share this burden. But the guilt would never go away.

Now he had to find a cure. Not for himself, or even the forest, which was lost... but for the woman that lay nestled beside him.

"We.. should go find a river. " he blushed. He'd never been fond of water, after all, it affected his ability to fly. But.. well... apparently, mating was messy.

He moved to stand, offering her his hand to help her to her feet.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Hyacinthus

Reluctant as she was to do so, Sophie allowed Miersck to pull away, satisfied that he at least seemed to have calmed his mind, if only a little. This entire experience had been a breakthrough for them both; Sophie having seen sides of Miersck that she never imagined being allowed to see, and the same of herself to him. As he stood, she accepted his help to stand; Admittedly not wholly sure of her own steadiness.

"I think I hear running waters to the south... Um." As she stood, instinctively, Sophie shifted her arms and shoulder to be less... 'apparent'. It was an odd sensation to be sure; She knew that the moth fae before her had seen very much of her in the hours past, and experienced even more... yet she couldn't help but feel exposed now that she was thinking a bit more... 'rationally'.

visualspice

Miersck nodded. 
"I saw it. It's a small river, south, like you said."
He noted the way she covered herself and remembered their state of dress. 

"I.. I could pick up our clothes and fly us there. Would be quicker.." he offered, flushing slightly. 

And hopefully no one is around to see...

Hyacinthus

Sophie's heart raced at the very idea. Be it from incredulousness, exhilaration, or just the shock of the idea, she wasn't sure. After all, flying... while they were... unclothed!? What if someone saw them? Sophie's head weighed the odds, even as her face flushed red with embarrassment over the idea. It would... probably be safer, certainly, but...

Nervously, she looked to her companion for reassurance— not wanting to think about it anymore. She trusted Miersck... it would probably be fine, right? "I-it would... a-and likely safer. I... Um... I-if you don't mind..." she muttered, hot in the face as she tried to talk herself up to this. There was always the concern that she wasn't sure how much close contact with Miersck would... 'set him off', so to speak. Or, honestly, her.

visualspice

He was already picking up their clothing before he looked her way. Her blush made him blush. But he tried not to think too much on it. 

Too bad his body had... other ideas.

"We won't fly for long. And would be faster," he reassured her as he approached.

Hyacinthus

Sophie was content to take Miersck's words at face value; At this point, further worrying would just delay the inevitable. "...Okay." She eventually agreed, watching him close the distance between them.

When did she become so feather-headed? She found herself averting her eyes from the moth fae's form to prevent her thoughts from wandering. She could recall the time prior that he'd taken her in his arms and flown, but she for some reason couldn't remember exactly how she positioned herself... so she made a guess of it, and before her brain could convince her heart otherwise, she met Miersck halfway and wrapped her arms somewhat loosely around his neck, pressing herself to him.

visualspice

Despite the fact the pair had just mated...twice... he felt his body react to her closeness. He shifted a bit, then moved to heft her up into his arms before giving a powerful thump of his wings and they pushed off the ground and took to the air.  However, this flight was.. awfully distracting as the mouth fae nearly had their heads taken off by a low sitting branch. 

Inspite of himself, he tried to grumble it off.

"I.. didn't realize how distracting this might be," he admitted, face red. 

Hyacinthus

Sophie didn't immedaitely respond; Couldn't, rather. She was in no less a depth of embarrassment than Miersck at the moment, doing all she could to be as tiny as possible in the moment as Miersck held her close to him. She'd gone so far as to squeeze her legs together, and despite how counter-intuitive it felt, she hugged herself as close to Miersck as possible in an attempt to somehow convince herself that the two of them weren't flying through the forest, in their barest forms. Psychology had never been her strong suit... and given how her heart was racing at the moment, she began to wish it was.

"I'm sorry... about all of this," She mumbled with a flushed red face, not entirely sure of how to console Miersck in the moment, but entirely aware of the fact that she was the 'distraction' that the moth fae was experiencing was of her creation-- and found herself conflicted (both happily and mortified) at the thought.

visualspice

Miersck chuffed. Not much was to be done for it and he found relief only when he spotted the waters. He landed, gently as he could, before setting Sophie down on the embankment af his side.

He didn't like water, so he hesitated before beginning to step in, but despite his aversion to waters, the coolness felt good against his skin.

Hyacinthus

Sophie, meanwhile, was so deeply grateful to meet the river's edge that it was all she could do to avoid running and jumping in like a child. She had grown uncharacteristically warm in Miersck's arms, and in many ways needed the cool current to calm both her mind and body.

She gathered handfuls of water, and let them run free down the length of her body—- relishing the feeling of relief that came with each passing moment as the River rushed against her legs, and the splash of water drained down her skin.

All while turned away from Miersck, of course; she lacked the good senses to even dare to peek at him at the moment. She was fairly sure his pheromones were still somewhat lingering on her skin... all the more reason to be thorough, for her own sake.

visualspice

Despite her..  keeping away from him, the young fae kept stealing glances her way. He blushed, forcing himself to turn away.

"When I had become so obsessed with.."

He drew in a breath and closed his eyes tight before plunging under the waters and just resting beneath, the sounds of the water loud and clogging at his ears.

He stayed beneath the surface long as he could stand it before resurfacing with a gasp, wings soggy and uncomfortable behind him as his white hair remained plastered against his head. He brushed the long bangs sticking to his face when he noted the dark mark on her flesh- the one left because of him.  Then he looked down at his own mark and how it gnarled and had grown like a deep black bruise beneath his skin. And it almost appeared to be moving.. faintly.

He looked away, splashing his face with more river water in hopes to wash away the thoughts.
No.. he didn't want to think about it but...

But we'll, he was no longer alone on this and he had to figure out something.. answers atleast, before whatever it was grew and consumed them like the forests he had fled.

Hyacinthus

Blissful cold tempered Sophie's heart as she, too, sank beneath the water's surface— the slow, steady course of the running current like gentle, messaging hands on her tender skin. How long had it been since she'd "played" in the open waters, like this? She'd spent many years traveling with the merchants that raised her to be the plucky young lass that she imagined herself to be, and it was only with them that she'd been so very carefree and spontaneous before. Memories prior were so very bleak-- so deeply bound by chain upon chain of repression that such frivolous thoughts didn't even cross her mind. And she'd been much too busy attempting to find value in her own life since departing the merchant's troupe to do anything nearly as... dare she say it... 'fun', as this?

From beneath the waters, a mousey set of ears once more appeared; followed by Sophie's head full-on as she'd counted to thirty and breached the surface, almost as if it were a game. She couldn't help but smile at the free sensations that flowed through her mind and body alike right now; and to think, all of this was due to a chance encounter with a fae that had irreversibly changed her fate. Her eyes wandered to moth, something akin to longing in her gaze as she watched him from a distance. Even now, there was much that she wanted to know about him-- about who he was, and everything he'd seen and experienced before meeting her-- but she was patient, and he was nothing if not a tough nut to crack at his best moments. A warm smile crept on her lips, and a tinge of pink to her cheeks as she recalled his vow to her-- to stay by her side, to find a cure for this dark curse that ailed the two of them. No one had ever spoken to her in such a way before-- she'd been wooed by men in the past who preyed upon her loneliness and lack of self-worth, but this... this was...

...Different. She didn't yet know what to make of it, in truth, despite her passionate words and thoughts earlier while locked in embrace with him. It was easy enough to say such things while teetering on the edge of love and lust... but people didn't change so easily, and that was something she knew she needed to keep in mind-- not just in regards to who Miersck was, but also who she was.

visualspice

It was a strange moment in the water. Waters were uncomfortable, making his wings sticky and heavy, as if coated with bread dough.  Even still, it was still a comfort, refreshing and cool and he sank back into the waters to just let himself float and his heat of mind to cool.

He'd never considered doing such before, an idea to relish and take relief in the waters was against every fiber of his being. But right then.. it's exactly what he needed.. a means to cool and .. relax, of all things.

It was so unlike him that he hadn't even realized he had closed his eyes. And let himself just fall to his senses- water on his ears, lapping and thr feeling of it all around him , keeping him afloat and his flesh, cooled as it was being lapped at as he bobbed.

Peace.

Strange. He had never known this since he heard about the dark plague.. and a gentle, unnerving pulse on his arms made him open his eyes again as he looked up at the sky.

Hyacinthus

The mouse-girl shifted in the river a bit— pulling her body further above water while still at rest and suddenly feeling an unfamiliar finger of exhaustion shock the muscles in her arms and core. She could only question why she felt so deeply sore for a split second— a splash of water to her slowly burning face to prevent further thoughts from breaching the back of her mind.

The mark. Yes, a much better thing to think about right now. Sophie's eyes trailed down to the black, seemingly alive shadow on the back of her hand. A curse, Miersck had stated, but most curses originated from... somewhere. Someone. As she thought on the many books she'd read in years prior, applied magic— and its subsidiary forms— was often born of volition... an active choice to make imagination manifest in some way. Sophie herself had never been particularly magically inclined, but she studied it all the same, believing the knowledge my come in handy one day.

How right she was... and yet, curses were not a forte of hers in the slightest. She knew of a man— a shopkeeper in Serendipity who'd spent much of his life studying them, but couldn't help but wonder if even he would be able to help with a curse that likely originated from a member of the Fae, rather than a human... or potentially even from nature itself.

She had much to think on, but no inherent deadline to figure any of it out. For the time being, it probably was for the best that she not think too deeply on it... which was a problem in and of itself, she realized, as her eyes kept drifting longingly toward the moth fae, despite her best efforts otherwise. When had she become so single-minded?

visualspice

When the moth dae finally turned to regard Sophie he felt that familiar primal pull towards hee, like the flame. He closed his eyes, drawing in a long breath.

What was wrong with him? When had he become so single minded towards.. towards..
 Mating?

He sat up suddenly, letting the waters rush down his body as he splashed more onto his face, cooling the skin as well as hoping it would hamper some of his other more primal thoughts. It took him so off guard he didn't even pause to consider it being a nice distraction from the other wise unfair path his life had taken.

For now there were two.

Hyacinthus

Don't look.

Don't. Look.

Sophie cursed how fickle her willpower had become in the presence of the moth fae— her eyes playing a deadly game of tug of war with her head as she heard the sound of the man breaching the river's water. She wasn't a romance-sick princess, or some reckless harlot— she adamantly chastised herself for how she was acting, and made a conscious decision with all her might to put an end to it— let she lose herself in unbecoming thoughts again.

"Right! Th-there should be a path not too far from here that leads back toward the main roads. I'm not entirely familiar with the forests near here, but I'm certain the main road should lead north, toward Serendipity." She made an effort of standing from the riverbed, her back turned to Miersck as she spoke, though her tone was as cheerful and plucky as it ever was. The waters drained down the curves of her body, and the cool breeze licked at her skin, causing the slightest of goosebumps. Yes, clothes were definitely a thing that existed.

"There are tales of many fae communities previously existing in those lands— If nothing else, it could be a good place to start looking for clues, unless you can think of some better ones?" She was attempting to be as forward-thinking as possible; pragmatist that she considered herself to be, Sophie assumed Miersck was no less interested in not dwelling on the lull of the longing silence between them. She had to, since she couldn't see him— still turned away as she was.

visualspice

Miersck said nothing at first, frowning as he considered their options. He'd rather just continue to run away from his problems.. but now that he was no longer alone...

"I guess that's a good a start as any."

Rusting acorns.

"I.. I'll... go get our clothes.." he half growled before stepping out of the water, and began to beat off the water from his soaking wings in attempts to get them dry.

Couldn't just go around naked.

Even if it would be a nice sight.