Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Hunt Gone Awry

Started by Ethereal-Star, August 16, 2015, 09:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

The dagger flew through the air and struck the shifter in his side. Yelping in both pain and surprise, it was easy enough for the elf to tackle the beast. Shaking furiously, the panther fought to get the ranger off of him, making to bite his arm in his attempts.

Indigo had to pause then, blood still flowing freely from both wounds, one on her snout and the initial one on her side. The world began to spin around her crazily, and she felt she would soon pass out.

The lead one was still on fire, making the most loudest roars of pain as he attempted to extinguish the flames. But it was a lost cause, the fire greedily licked at the shifter, his movements also getting slower. Both rage and agony evident in his eyes.

JackieCat

Kilarhas struggled against the panther, and cried out when its teeth sunk deep into his arm.  The bite was strong, his bone would break if he didn't get the panther off him.  He hit the panther across the face with his staff and pulled his arm free.   He rolled away from the shifter and sprang to his feet.

His arm was bleeding freely, but Kilarhas ignored the pain and readied his staff to attack the panther again.  He rushed at it, attempting to again hit it with his staff.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

The staff hit the panther shifter head on, right across the side of his skull and his fur also quickly caught fire. Growling with menace, he still struggled to keep upright and attack, leaping once more at the elf ranger.

The lead shifter lost his battle with the raging flames and soon fell over dead, the burning pyre still eating away at his dead corpse. Two down.

Indigo also lost her battle with remaining conscious and fell over onto her side, blood pooling out heavily around her. She was losing a lot of blood and if not treated soon, she would soon perish and succumb to her injuries. She did not shift back, and was still in wolf form.

JackieCat

Kilarhas dodged aside, nimbly rushing around the panther and slashing at its side.  If he could keep it away from Indigo, who was now extremely vulnerable, there was a chance both of them would get out of this alive, however, if the panther went for the shifter, Kilarhas would have a hard time keeping it off of her.

Kilarhas saw the lead panther shifter fall dead, and while the elf did not like killing, he was glad that one more opponent was out of the way.  One to go.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Being on fire tended to dull one's perception and reflexes, so the panther shifter did not go for Indigo, not seeing his opportunity for such. Still trying to fight off both elf and flames, the shifter howled in pain when the knife slashed his side, a huge gush of blood oozing out onto the ground.

After seeing his comrades dead, lying lifeless on the jungle floor, he decided to forget the fight and make a run for it. And hopefully be able to put out the flames which continued eating his fur and flesh, consuming it greedily. It was either that or end up like his companions. And so the last panther dashed off at frenzied speed, leaving behind Kilarhas and Indigo, the latter who was still very much unconscious and bleeding out quickly. If the ranger wished to save the wolf shifter, now was the time to do so and let the enemy flee. It was very likely the enemy would die anyway, as it howled through the bushes and underbrush, movements slowing more and more as it tried to escape.

Time was of the essence here.

JackieCat

Kilarhas had no mind to go after the panther, even if Indigo hadn't been wounded he would have let the shifter go, even try to help it, but now there was no time.

He grabbed his pack and rushed to the wolf-shifter's side, taking his dagger and cutting away the bandages.  He pulled a clean roll of bandages from his pack and a few bottle and set about binding and cleaning the wound.  When the wound was properly bound, Kilarhas gently put his hands onto the shifter's side and whispered a few words.  Though Kilarhas was skilled in healing without magic, with, he was far from an expert, but he still knew a few tricks.

Blue sparks flitted from his fingers and sank into Indigo's wound.

The elf sat back, and after carefully moving Indigo closer to the fire, checked and stoked the flames.

Then Kilarhas sat down, all he could do was wait.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

A few hours would pass before Indigo stirred. Awakening from her blood-loss induced sleep, the shifter, still in wolf form, looked down at the new bandages which were wrapped securely around her. The bite on her snout had also been treated as well. Indigo was still alive and she had Kilarhas to thank for that.

Going over to him, she nudged his arm with her nose in gratitude before looking up at him, ice blue eyes shining in the light from the midday sun. With the bandages on, she was unable to shift back to her human form, so she simply sat down next to him and laid her head in his lap. There was still the matter of the panther shifter corpses lying about, but they would deal with that later. What exactly happened to the other one was unknown at this point since Indigo only saw two of them. However she could smell the other one not too far away, and it was either dead or dying which was just fine with her.

JackieCat

When the wolf shifter walked over to him and laid her head on his lap Kilarhas smiled.  He didn't know if she'd like it, but he scratched her gently on the top of her head once.

"You'll probably have to stay in your wolf form for a while," he said. "Shifting might open your would again."

Kilarhas had earlier debated whether or not to go find the other panther shifter to help it, but he had decided against it.  With Indigo asleep, she had been defenseless, and Kilarhas had stayed near in case any other predators came by looking for an easy meal.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: