Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of riches and doors {closed-apologies, my lovelies}

Started by pryatama aphrodite, March 18, 2014, 05:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryatama aphrodite

Of riches and doors

The title heeds nothing but a twisted song title, eh? "Of mice and men". See what I did there? Yeah, thus proving my intelligence -chuckles-

This is place of underground secrecy. Undiscovered to the mundanes upon the surface. And this little cubby of a place is smartly kept protected by wards that, should a human drill to where this resides, would merely transport them to the other side of the area to continue digging deeper. Untouchable.

The main room is of the higher class. Decor somewhat obscured by the shimmering gold adorning nearly every piece of furniture. I do annunciation the fact that it is a bedroom, but the details to prove such a thing are... Currently buried.

A desk, obsidian dark and showing lovely handiwork resides by one of the many doors in the area. The top and drawers packed filled with jewelry, diamonds, and coins. Practically extracting the dark features of the piece of furniture.

The rest concludes to a drawer set, once again spilling riches, and a king sized bed. Which is the only manmade piece of work that is untouched by those riches. Crimson silken comforter utop a set of grey sheets with pillows propped against the headboard.

Again, I will bring the many doors surrounding said room to the forefront. Every door made up of different wood and different designs. One would have to have studied mythical languages to even have a chance at deciphering these. And when they are translated, one must voice the word(s).

As presented, it is an impossibility to have entered the area, let alone live to return to the surface to tell of it's existence. If you wanna try, you ain't gonna get lucky.

Just sayin...

pryatama aphrodite

All the little one could wrap her mind around was the pressing coldness clinging to her skin. Shivers rode up her back, but when determination and adrenaline filled her will to explore, she was not easily drawn away from a task. This one in particular was itching at the back of her mind. What could be behind these closed doors? It wasn't as easy to decipher the symbols as it was speaking the words. Countless times, she'd had trouble focusing on just thinking the word instead of wondering what else there was to find out about. Places like these were one of two kinds that she liked. The mystery within a mystery, for she still hadn't figured out how she arrived...

Loosely basing it on teleportation. She wasn't so foreign to that skill, but she couldn't wield it.

She made progress. More, she realized, then what she was used to. So her search narrowed down to one more door. And it's pattern was aglow with lime flavored light, as if someone were holding a flashlight from the other side.

It was... To say the least... Intriguing.

Kriv

"Just open it already!" Togu yelled as he sat under his covers. He was to tired to get up and even if he wasn't he was generally to lazy to do it himself.

pryatama aphrodite

Her hand jerked back at the outburst, and she had to pause to blink. A bit taken aback, she examined the designs a bit closer, and concentrated on just that one word. Printing it on her thoughts. Togu, she mentally conversed, circling her fingers around the knob, and turning it. Opening quite smoothly considering the thin layer of dusk along the door's outer face proved otherwise.

Sakura paused. Another bedroom? She had thought the inscription would present that piece of information, even if coded, but all she read was what she thought was either a name, or blunt wording for something secretive... But a bedroom?

Kriv

"Finally." he sighed as he got up. He floated around Sakura, examining her physically and mentally. "So how do you wanna do this fuse thing?" He asked as he started scrounging around for the only book he had on the subject.

pryatama aphrodite

She paused to allow his examination, only for him to utter a sentence she didn't have any hope of understanding. Excuse me? she spoke, tentatively, in his mind. What is a... Fuse thing?

Kriv

"Ah, here it is." He said as he pulled out a book from a large pile of gold coins. He opened it and read aloud. "If you clear a djin inhabited dungeon, not only will you get to keep the spoils from the treasure room, but you also get to keep the djin along with you as a familiar." He tuned a few pages. "A djin is familiarized by fusing, fusing is the process in which a djin fuses his being with something that is or once was alive." He finished as he closed the book.

pryatama aphrodite

Sakura stood in suspended animation until the, so called, djin finished reading aloud from the book of spells. Or education on spells. One of the two, and she was too surprised to 'speak' until the haze of confusion had cleared, and realization dawned on her,

You wish to bind yourself to me?

Kriv

"No that'd be to much of a hassle, battle for dominant sentience and all that stuff, I'd rather bond to a bone or something, there should be a bunch in one of those rooms." He explained.

pryatama aphrodite

I don't think a bone would be good company, she said, amusement coloring her time. A smoke so chaste it would be missed of one weren't   looking for it crossed her little lips, before shifting back too impassive.

Kriv

"It wouldn't be a bone, it would turn into an awesome weapon of mass intelligence." He sighed, he hated having to over explain things.

pryatama aphrodite

Oh, I see. Mass destruction sounds... promising... She was only teasing him. Though, he didn't look like the creature to pull or pry at time. In fact, he looked lazy.

Kriv

"Okay then, let's goo." He sighed as he floated out the door.

pryatama aphrodite

Amaria sighed also. This was the one to become bound to her... And yet, he couldn't take some humor...?

She looked to the ground, and stayed there. Watching the dust among the ground sift underfoot.

Kriv

"Seriously, seriously." He said annoyed. He floated over to Sakura and lifted her up by the back of her collar, like a lion would do to his pup. "We are going." He stated as he floated over to one of the doors.

pryatama aphrodite

Her eyes widened in surprise, lips parting for protest, only to release a puff of air. Dam her disability of speech!!!

O-Ok! I can walk, I can walk! She tried wiggling free to no avail, and ditched the manners as she grew annoyed. Damnit, Togu, PUT ME DOWN!

Kriv

"Nope." He replied with a sly grin as he entered one of the doors, and, just as Togu described, was full of bones. "Pick one of these." He said nonchalantly as he set her down.

pryatama aphrodite

She scowled at him, thankful for the opportunity to block him out and turn away from him.

The search didn't take long. Since she ha been in here previously, and took the time to admire what was here before, she retrieved one a little bigger then the length of her forarm, and walked back to the djin still peering at it. Got one.

Kriv

"Cool, cool cool." He replied as he shrunk down to closely examine the bone she had picked. "So what is you preferred weapon of choice?" He asked.

pryatama aphrodite

A scythe. It took no hesitation. For she was trained to use one should a battle take place, and she was determined, if not dedicated, to becoming the best wielder.