Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Knight, Through Yonder Window Breaks?

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2015, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He turned to her and stuffed the paper into her hand.
"Then here, it's your papers so you can fight."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Fiona blinked at him, pretty sure he was just being difficult, then looked at the papers. "But- they wouldn't let a woman fight. Would they?"

She frowned. "Besides, why the hell would I want to make life worse for-" she trailed off, glanced around, then said in a quieter voice, "For people like us?"

visualspice

"Whadya mean worse? I'm pretty sure it's about as bad as bad can be," he went on with a nonchalant, but sneery shrug.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She frowned, not sure if he was right about that or not. "Maybe," she conceded quietly. "But this damn war- God, the fighting just makes things so much worse..."

visualspice

"Oh? Have you fought in it?" he asked, sourly. "It's other men's wars you know, and like you said, a woman ain't allowed to fight."

DragonSong

Fiona glowered at him. "If they're pulling random men off the streets to draft, I think it's safe to say this has gone too far," she snapped. "You can't tell me you support this?"

visualspice

"Woah, woah, woah!" He threw his hands up. "Look, kid, I didn't say anything about supportin' anyone, alright?"

DragonSong

"So then you're against it." She folded her arms, evidently quite sure that it really was that black and white. "You have to be on one side or the other."

visualspice

"Look, I'm on no side but my side. Ansgar's sake, woman! It's hard enough to get by with my own agenda, let alone becoming a pawn for either side of this war!"

DragonSong

Fiona shook her head, unable to wrap her head around that mentality. "But...it affects you, doesn't it? You can't just coast through this!"

visualspice

"What? Why not? You and your mother have? So have thousands of others. That's just how things have been.!" Ugh, he was so not up for a history lesson!

DragonSong

Her mouth snapped shut and she frowned. She hadn't actually thought of that. "But I didn't know how bad it was!" she protested after a moment. "If I'd known, I would've- I-"

She trailed off. She had no idea how to finish that sentence.

visualspice

"Would have what? Stayed home? Please," Jack rolled his eyes. "You're proving yourself more and more green the further away from your home we go."

DragonSong

Fiona's eyes dropped and she bit her lip, silently fuming, unable to think of a response for that.

Eventually, she grumbled, "I might be less green if you would teach me something useful."

visualspice

"Yeah? How about just remaining quiet and and.. unobtrusive?"

visualspice

"I do it and you don't see me dead, do ya? Look, you asked me for survival tips. That's how I survive, okay?" Geeze! He gave a roll of his tensing shoulders and turned away from her. "Come on, we still have to pass through the city before we can see if my home is still even in tact."

DragonSong

Fiona opened her mouth to argue further- then realized he was exactly right and snapped it shut. "Okay," she sighed, rubbing at her temples. "Lead the way."

visualspice

The city was a mess. One street was blocked off and another too smelly. The sewers must've been neglected, or something like that. Either way, Jack found them heading directly towards the town square....

OOC: And their adventures continue here.