Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fragile Things like Butterfly Wings

Started by Draconian, July 29, 2015, 12:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

The look his back got was one of slight disbelief and Medina pushed a hand through her hair before her hands moved to rest against her thighs, following him. The sitting room was cozy. A grand piano being the center piece of the room. The floor was cold against her bare feet and she tucked her hands under her arms, leaning slightly.

"You're my guest," Medina said softly after entering the room, casting a look to the piano and the sheet music that sat open. An Adelan lullaby that her mother had sung to them, that Medina was learning how to play slowly but surely. "Though, if you insist on helping, I won't stop you. Bending over seems to take more effort lately," The lame attempt at a joke would probably be lost on him. Stuffy man that he seemed to be.  The makings of a fire were beside the fireplace and Medina went about the room lighting the few lamps to cast a soft glow that the fire would bolster.

There were questions. There were always questions and she looked down at her rounded belly for a moment before smoothing her hands over it.

There was nothing in common though, except a night of pleasant mistakes.

visualspice

Though the room was small, it was cozy; yet as he moved to start a fire, his eyes did not miss the piano in the room's center. He studied it a moment before he realized he was staring, and moved to light the hearth before giving the birthing embers a few pokes.

Soon warmth blazed from the pit of wood, and Calent moved to step back. Though his back was to her, and the piano, he said, "So you're Adelan."
He could only easily deduce that now.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"Half," Medina said with a small smile, taking a moment to look down at her hands and pluck at a chunk of brown hair. "My father was Connlaothian, though why he chose to bring her here instead of going to Adelan I'll never know." The idea of dragon riders. Or being free to be herself. Free to use what magic abilities she had.

It was something she couldn't comprehend.

Fred would have been able to practice medicine simply as... Herself.

Medina gave a soft gasp and pressed her hand to her belly, unfamiliar with the little movements that had started up not too long ago. "I'm Connlaothian by birth. I've never even been out of the Country." A small smile and she moved closer to the piano, taking a seat and looking at the sheet music.

The first few notes were played - not an amazing pianist by any means - Medina smiled to herself and looked down at her stomach. "Do you like that?" She said softly, not intending for her company to hear her talking to her unborn child, "You know your grandmother played this for me when I was a baby though... She was probably much better." Medina remembered herself and her company, blushing deeply while her head jerked up.

"Uh... Sorry. I'm alone. Often." Quick! Change the subject! "Do you play?"

visualspice

He was quiet as usual, but this time there was a subtle softness to his eyes as his eyes roamed the notes. And without so much as a word, his fingers stroked across the keys, lightly playing the melody with a congenial feeling of happiness, hope and warmth.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Words would spoil the moment.

Medina closed her eyes and listened, a smile on her face. It was lovely. And she foud herself humming the words to the lullaby while her stranger played. The melody sent chills down her spine and when the tune ended she opened her eyes, a smile on her face.

"That was lovely. You have a gift. I've been practicing for months and I'm still awful."

visualspice

He remained quiet. Of course she wouldn't know he had any talent. The two lived in different worlds.

Draconian

Medina placed her hands in her lap and stared down for a few moments before she stood up, "Well, you seem like you want to be left alone." A strained smile, never has she met someone so much like a brick wall.

"You know where the doors are - and my window. Stay as long as you like," Medina gave him a small nod before she started to return to her room, intent on sleeping and giving her stranger the privacy he seemed to want but couldn't ask for. Weird, weird man.

visualspice

He said nothing, letting her leave while his mind drifted elsewhere, eyes staring straight through the ivory keys.

Draconian

Irritating.

Medina decided she didn't care for this person very much. What little personality he may have had at one point was seemingly clouded over by some strange urge to puff out his chest and be better than anyone.

It didn't take long for her to make it back to her room and cuddle into her bed, though she was irritated and perhaps a little too angry to sleep. Infuriating man. Having a conversation with a wall would be more enjoyable.

Then again, walls didn't know how to play piano.

visualspice

Once alone, he sat in the quiet for some time. The only noise was the subtle creaking of the house when the wind would blow, the light patter of rain outside, as the storm had lightened up, and the gentle ticking of a clock somewhere in the room. And just as the winds began to pick up again outside, his fingers met to the keys again and he began to play a song- one that seemed to fit in quietly with the second coming of the storm.

Draconian

It wasn't long for Medina to fall asleep. In fact, the second she had her head on her pillow she was out like a light.

A usual side effect of overthinking for Medina was nightmares. All her scared thoughts. All the fears. Condensed into a few moments of terror that had her panting, trembling and covered in a light sheen of sweat. Automatically she was up and out of bed, blind and deaf to what was going on around her. Usually she'd go try to play the lullaby the calm herself down, unused to nightmares as she was.

Except her Stranger was still here and when Medina rushed back into the room after being gone for barely a half hour - though now she looked exhausted and tired - Media just stared at the doorway for a moment before she pressed her back against the wall, sunk to the floor and curled up in a ball.

She could pretend to not be here.

Just someone being nearby was comfort enough, even if the person nearby didn't want anything to do with her. Before long, having snuck in, Medina was asleep again, her head on her carefully raised knee, the other tucked under. It wasn't the most graceful of positions, but eventually she was on her side, fast asleep again to the comfort of the occupied room and piano playing.

visualspice

If he had known she had entered, he said nothing, nor acted on it. But as the song ended, there was a gentle rumble of thunder and he turned around. He saw her sitting there, and in the dim light, he wasnt' sure if she was awake or not. After a moment of seeing she had not moved, he stood up and approached her and stared for a long while at her sleeping form. And thought she was heavy with child, the scarred man scooped her up off the ground and held her like a bride, and took her to her bed where he, delicately as he could, laid her upon.

Draconian

The movement didn't wake her, but being laid down on her bed roused her slightly. There was a pitiful noise from her and she moved her hand slightly to caress his cheek in her half asleep state, "Nooo, I wanted to listen it made the dreams go away." It was mumbled before her eyes opened just slightly, her strangers imagine swimming in her vision. With her hand still on his cheek, she gently ran her thumb over his cheek bone, fingers pushing through his hair.

"Thank you, Stranger." It was sighed and she moved her hand away remembering that he didn't want anything to do with her and probably didn't want her touching him, "Have sweet dreams when you sleep, hmm?"

visualspice

Calent frown, though it wasn't a hard, cold reaction like he usually gave. Something was much softer about it as he felt tickled by the soft stroke to his hair. And without even thinking much on it, he leaned in to kiss her forehead, just softly enough that it might not even register to her his lips had touched her before he rose up and stared down at where she lay.