Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Knight, Through Yonder Window Breaks?

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2015, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"What? In the city?" he had to laugh. "Listen, there are places ten times this size, easily, and found on just about every corner you turn onto. Cities are thriving and house too many people you'll probably get nauseous from the smell."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Oh." Fiona blinked, trying to picture that. Gods, she was really in over her head, wasn't she?

visualspice

Jack let out a belch before starting to pick at his teeth, looking around the room but seeming to get lost in his gristle picking. The damn piece of food was a stubborn thing, and try as he might, no matter the angle he pinched his fingers or dug in his short nails, it didn't seem to want to get free.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She wrinkled her nose at him and sighed, taking another sip of her drink and trying not to look at Jack. "You know, I've been a shut-in for the past twenty-two years and I'm pretty sure I still have better manners than you," she noted in a quiet grumble.

visualspice

He raised a brow at her, and continued to pick at his teeth.
"Yeah? You think manners got you here?"
Damn, so stubborn! And soon he was cursing at the meat and fighting at it with is tongue.

DragonSong

Fiona arched an eyebrow. "I think you got me here," she admitted. No point in denying that. "And I'm grateful. But I think it wouldn't kill you to have been a little politer to that girl. Or maybe act with a bit of decorum now."

visualspice

And at that, Jack paused to look at her, lowering his hand to the table after flicking the piece of food he did manage to free from his teeth, onto the floor.
"Is that all you have to say? Cause I think it's time we ought to pay and leave."

DragonSong

She sighed. "Yeah, that's all. Let's go then." Standing, she arched her back in a quick stretch and looked around for the girl who'd served them.

visualspice

Jack was stretching in kind, and it was then the girl returned. Jack gave her to coin for the food, and a little extra for the tip (he wasn't made of money, after all) before moving towards the door, not seeming to wait to see if the girl would follow. He'd just presumed she would, and he wasn't a man that held doors open for women anyhow. It just wasn't his thing.

DragonSong

Fiona nodded and thanked the girl, then quickly hurried after Jack. "So. Where to now?" she asked, falling into step beside him.

visualspice

"We keep moving," he went on with a shrug. "Night's coming soon. We should travel as far as we can, then we camp again. Or, if we make it to the city, I guess we could try to find a place reasonably cheap to sleep at."

DragonSong

"Alright." She nodded and gave a little shrug of her own. "Ah- reasonably cheap? What does that mean, exactly?"

She didn't really have a lot of basis for comparison.

visualspice

"Basically, anything that's free or close to it," he went on with a dry laugh. "I'm not made out of money. In fact, I'm nearly out of it right now, so you'd be wise to remember that, kid."

DragonSong

Fiona frowned at him. "I'm not a kid," she grumbled, the little pout that slid across her face rather belying the steel she tried to put in her tone.

visualspice

"Yeah, yeah, tell that one to your mommy."

DragonSong

She glowered at him. "You know what? Fuck you."

Her eyes widened a bit, almost surprised herself that the words had actually left her mouth, but she didn't take it back.

visualspice

And that's when he paused and put his hands up.
"Hey, woah now, I think you're stepping over the line here," he went on with a shake of his head. "First of all... you? You're just a kid. And I don't exactly think it'd be pleasant if we were to rut. Besides.." he gestured towards her. "You... ain't exactly my type."
Not that he probably had a type!

DragonSong

Fiona was actually confused for a moment, then she gaped at him. "What- you-!"

Words failed her and, flushing deeply, she snapped her mouth closed and narrowed her eyes. "Let me be more specific then. Go fuck yourself. I want absolutely no part of that equation."

Her tone had an appropriate amount of bite, but her cheeks were positively flaming. "And I am not a kid!" she added, petulantly.

visualspice

"Yeah yeah, yeah, you think you're an adult now or somethin'?" he went on, picking inside his ear good and deep. "Kids live with their parents," he pointed out.

DragonSong

She glowered at him. "I didn't have much of a choice," she spat. "Why do you think I jumped at the chance to convince you to take me with you? I was clearly desperate."