Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Knight, Through Yonder Window Breaks?

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2015, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Hands folded over his chest, he simply snorted, "Clearly. Now less yapping and more walking. At this rate, we'll be sleeping by the dung heaps by the barn over there." And he wrinkled his nose. He could smell that shit from here!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Still grumbling to herself, Fiona snapped her mouth shut and glowered at her feet as she started walking again, arms folded over her chest.

visualspice

And in the silence, Jack began to whistle.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Fiona glanced up at him, a little surprised by something so carefree. though honestly she probably shouldn't have been.

visualspice

The rest of the trip was rather uneventful, but eventually the low squatting fortresses that were akin to Matron's Hallow came into view. Jack whistled at the sight as he looked at the place just as the sun was beginning to rise.

"Home sweet home. Looks like we made it in pretty decent timing!" he gestured forward. "You see that, Fiona? That's Matron's Hallow."

DragonSong

"Oh." Fiona's eyes widened slightly. It was certainly bigger than the little manor town she'd grown up in. Much bigger.

"It's- it's actually quite pretty, in an odd way," she noted with some surprise, tilting her head and smiling slightly.

visualspice

"Yeah, I guess it's better than most of the pretty flat forests we've been scaling through." Jack gave a shrug as they kept walking. "See the lake over there? That's where we're headed... well, more or less. I don't exactly live on the lake, but there are some cheaper real estate options nearby where a guy like me could at least claim a small space to call his own." He rolled his shoulders, then gave his neck a crack.

"At least now we won't be doin' much more traveling." He was kind of tired of all this walking. It sucked to be poor.

DragonSong

"You live by a lake?" Her glassy eyes lit up slightly. She'd never actually seen such a large body of water before.

Suddenly feeling much better, Fiona nodded and gave a quiet laugh. "Yeah, just a little further, then we can take a real rest." That seemed like a very good idea.

visualspice

"Yeah, a real rest... assuming squatters or vagabonds haven't ransacked my home," he grumbled, recalling a few times before this where it had happened. He rolled his shoulders again, cracking his knuckles, one palm into the next.

DragonSong

"You're joking?" She glanced at him. "You're not joking." Fiona blinked. "People really...do that?"

visualspice

"Well yeah..." he went on, looking at her with a funny scrunched up face. "There are a lot of homeless people. Any means of shelter and the hungry come out ten fold."

DragonSong

"Oh." Fiona frowned slightly. "That's...really sad," she murmured, biting at her bottom lip. A hissing voice in the back of her mind mused that maybe she wasn't cut out for this sort of thing after all, but she shoved it away.

visualspice

"Yeah but it's all over the place, really," he went on, shrugging nonchalantly as they were approaching the city gates. "Hell, even other countries have the same problem."

DragonSong

"Mm..." She gave a noncommittal sort of noise and found herself wrapping her arms around her torso.

Shaking her head, Fiona tried to force the sorrow and trepidation away.

visualspice

They had little problems at the gate when the guards on duty inquired as to what business they had in the city, but after checking them both over and not finding anything to prove their innocence other wise, they let the pair on in. However, Jack was paused when one of the soldier's placed a han don his shoulder.

"Sir... Your name. I almost forgot but we are instructed to ensure all men of suitable age get their draft papers for the army."

DragonSong

Fiona blinked. "Draft?" She looked between the guard and Jack. "What draft?"

visualspice

"The Grand Duke just ordered a mandatory draft," the guard went on to explain. "Just this week, really, so I'm not surprised if you twos had been traveling you hadn't 'eard of it."

"So.... what is it you're saying?" Jack went on, making a face. He just wanted to get home.

Seeing Jack's impatience, the guard simply smiled and reached into his bag of things before producing a sealed scroll.

"Consider yourself a part of the army now. Every man must join. Honor, and the Grand Duke's word, dictates it."

DragonSong

"Wait- what?" Fiona's eyes widened. "But- but that's not fair! You can't just force people to fight in an army against their will!"

visualspice

"Against their will?" the guard looked confused. "It is our duty, as men," he went on, an arm folded across his chest. "To serve our Grand Duke, and our country!"

Jack still said nothing, his hands clutching tightly to the letter.
But he simply shrugged and turned to leave.

"Yeah, okay, I'll just keep this in my coat pocket," he muttered, shoving it into his pants pocket instead as he just kept on moving.

DragonSong

Fiona was about to argue further, but then Jack was moving on and she had to hurry after him. "What is it with you people and being men?" she demanded in a low growl. "You won't teach me to fight. They won't let you not fight! None of this makes any bloody sense!"