Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fire Rising [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 09, 2016, 09:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Adrian glanced up and gave the two phoenixes a quick smile. "That took a while," he noted, raising an eyebrow meaningfully.

"But we're back," Mal pointed out, smirking.

SilmeriaElemred

''Well if I had to conclude the meeting I suppose it can be summed up in four words. They don't like me.'' Silmeria sighed. It was not exactly something new but now it was actually troublesome since she had to teach Malcolm enough things to be stuck here at the least a month depending on his progress.

''But, it is not pitchfork rage so hopefully they will grow accustomed to me. I do suppose it is best to play dumb for a short while regarding Malcolm being a phoenix. If he decides he just wants to learn how to control the magic but not spread his wings so to say, it will most likely only complicate matters if they know he is like me racial wise.''

DragonSong

"Really?" Adrian frowned slightly. "I've always found the people here to be quite accepting of most things. Hm." He shrugged and turned back to making dinner.

Mal sank into a chair with a sigh and let his head fall back. "Meh, coulda been worse, all things considered."

SilmeriaElemred

''Maybe they are a bit on edge because I am still a bird of prey and a large one of that. Their concerns are not nessesarily misplaced. Animals can sense me and depending on my actions they will leave the area. Not to mention we are in a forest. One misplaced spark and it could burn everything to the ground. Not that it will happen but I do understand why they think that.'' Silmeria sat down as well.

DragonSong

Mal sort of flinched sheepishly and Adrian gave his foster son a dry look. "Oh, yes. The people in town have some experience with that an out of control blaze can do."

"I fixed it!" the younger phoenix protested. "It- it took me a while, but I fixed it!"

SilmeriaElemred

''Nobody blames you Malcolm. At least, I do not. Not to mention. Ashes are actually really good for the soil.'' Silmeria replied. ''You burned a forest, I kind of burned a kingdom. Ok... half of it and it was an island.'' she jestered. ''But no innocents got hurt.'' she assured quickly afterwards.

She then yawned. ''By the Gods what a day. Still. Worth it thus far.''

DragonSong

Mal was growing used to his cousin's odd sense of humor. "Here, I'll make you u a bed," he said, clambering to his feet. "You and Da just- chat or whatever. I'll only be a few minutes."

SilmeriaElemred

''the couch is fine by me you know, or just in front of the fire place. I am not picky.'' Silmeria assured although her feeling told her she would be getting a bed here anyway.

She turned to Adrian after Malcolm was out of the room. ''So how are things with you?'' she asked.

DragonSong

Mal waved her off as he slipped out.

Adrain gave her a small smile. "As they always are. Raising a phoenix hasn't exactly been easy, but he's a good kid, really."

SilmeriaElemred

''Still no woman than huh?'' Silmeria asked. ''Also, ofcourse Malcolm is a good lad. Why wouldn't he be? I think you raised him well. And now, I hope that I can teach him well.''

DragonSong

The mage chuckled. "No, no woman." He smiled at her. "I'm sure it'll be fine. He's a little impulsive, but eager to learn."

SilmeriaElemred

''Impulsive comes with the brand of magic old friend.'' Silmeria jestered. She then sighed deeply. She was tired to say the least. ''the amount that I will teach him does depend on him. Whether he just wants to learn how to control it, or maybe learn how to use it, or whether he fully embraces it. For the latter the spell has to be lifted. It is a choice he has to make on his own. Mostl ikely after lifting the spell though, it can not be activated again on him.''

DragonSong

Adrian sighed and leaned back against a wall. "Yes. I know." He offered her a small, slightly strained smile. "Old as you are, you don't have children. It's...difficult to admit when they've grown up."

SilmeriaElemred

''True. I never had children. Malcolm is the first phoenix I met since I was born and we are cousins. I kindof start to think our race is extinct. Also I have been betrayed so many times by humans, elves,  I do not think you'd blame me. I loved a man, once. One I had a bloodcontract with. And in the end, he wanted to sell me to tamers. Not all people I met were that bad and I would love to have children. But I am carefull. If I settle down it is forever. And that, Adrian. Is a very long time. Human lives pass by me like the blink of an eye. And many mortals wonder how immortality feels like. In truth, it is hell if you have nobody to share it with.'' despite the topic she smiled.

DragonSong

He sighed. "I know. I worry for him and you both in that regard. The only creatures who match your lifespan are fea, and gods know they're not the easiest to love."

SilmeriaElemred

''If I desire the species to continue on existing then Malcolm would've been my only current option despite we are family but despite I miss phoenixes in my life I prefer to enter a relationship that I know I can maintain mentally. The partner having a long lifespam is easier yes. But this far even among fae. It was someone who looked human whom I once met whom was actually immortal. Sortof. He got accused of witchcraft and got pulled apart by four horses. He had lived over a thousand years. Could even have been two thousand. he told me he did not remember. But yea. If Malcolm and I are the only one left then so be it. It is not our job to continue the species. Maybe all he and I were meant to do was live our lives the way we want to and die. I am alright with that.'' Silmeria admitted.

DragonSong

Adrian frowned. "That's a lot to put on a kid's shoulders. And phoenix or not, Mal is still a kid, really."

SilmeriaElemred

''Hence, I keep it at a thought. He has to decide his own life. All I want him to focus on now is learning how to use his gifts. What he does is then his own. If he falls in love with a human girl then so be it. If they get together and have offspring, then so be it. Although maybe in that case teaching him the bloodbond would not be a bad idea. Just like me he is immortal of sorts.''

DragonSong

Mal had started to return to the main room but paused, catching the end of what they were speaking of.

Adrian tapped his fingers against his legs. "And what would such a child be?" he mused aloud. "Half fae is one thing, but half fell?"