Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Why? Cause I'm Bored. [Gryphon]

Started by Fukurou, June 10, 2016, 11:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukurou

"Ugh! Damn it!" A young wood elf perched in a tree cried out in frustration as she watched the small flame flickered out in her hand. Irritation painted her freckled face as she drew in another deep breath and held it, trying all she can to will another small flame into existence. A small spark lit between her fingers but quickly disappeared. "Uuuuugh!" Bryn kicked her dangling feat about in frustration, causing the thick branch to creak as it bounced up and down. In her flailing state, the branch cracked from under her, sending the wood elf tumbling to the ground.

Klezmer Gryphon

The forest in the Serenian river-lands was one of Zathàni's favourite places to be. It was calm, peaceful, and while bandits were sometimes an issue, most got the idea to leave him alone after seeing their largest members felled by a rock from his sling. The trees were in full bloom about this time of year, and the green leaves everywhere just made him happy... Well, if he hadn't been pinned under a wood elf who had fallen out of a tree.

Zatha had just been walking through the woods, taking in all it's beauty (and, perhaps, looking for a spot to build shelter for the night) when he had paused under a tree. A few seconds later, he heard the sound of a cracking branch... But before he could dive out of the way, he found himself under a not a tree branch, but an elf.

"Talxàkai erxa oné kapmàko, uduika," he grumbled, looking up at the stranger on top of him.

((Translation of Zatha's dialogue: "Watch where you're falling, lady!"))

Fukurou

Slightly dazed, Bryn stared up at the sky as she laid sprawled out over Zatha. It took her several seconds to notice the squirming body lying beneath her.

"Ah! Sorry! Sorry!" She scrambled to her feet and offered her hand to boy, giving him an embarrassed smile. "I dunno know what you're sayin', but I'm sorry!"

Klezmer Gryphon

The fox rolled his eyes as the elf scrambled to get up off of him. With a heave, he got himself up off the ground as the girl apologised, dusting himself off as he looked up at the tree she had fallen from.

"It's alright, although anyone who knows a thing about trees could have told you that branch would have fallen," he said, stooping down to grab his hat off the forest floor. Shaking the leaves off, he turned his gaze back to the embarrassed elf girl, "Name's Zathàni, although most people just call me Zatha."

Fukurou

"Bryn," the girl said with a quick nod. She rubbed the back of her neck and glanced around the wilderness before setting her gaze on the Sionhai before her. "I kinda got a little too frustrated and accidentally broke the branch. Heh. You sure you okay?"

Klezmer Gryphon

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Not the first time someone's fallen on me," Zatha replied, looking up at the spot where the branch and it's occupant had fallen from, then back down at the elf girl, "So, what are you doing out here up in a tree branch, Bryn? You look like one of them city dwellers if I ever saw one."

Fukurou

"Well.. I was just climbing. I really like trees, you know. I grew up in Essyrn --there are no trees there--and I'm usually stuck at home in Arca doing whatever task Master Snootypants makes me do, so I don't get to climb much. But when I have free time I like to go climbing. Maybe it's in my nature as a Wood Elf. I dunno." As Bryn laughed, a sheepish grin spread across her face. "I guess I was also practicing magic. I, er, got a little too flustered and broke the branch."