Main Menu

A Life to Defend

Started by DragonSong, November 24, 2016, 07:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

@AevumEternity

"This is unacceptable!"

Azalea sighed and resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Yes, Commander."

"Don't you yes, Commander me!" The man berating her folded his arms and glowered up at her. She tried to lower her head to seem a bit smaller, more contrite. "This is the fourth recruit who's come to me demanding to be assigned a new partner. The fourth!"

She winced. "Yessir, I understand-"

"I don't think you do!" Her commanding officer sighed and dragged a hand down his face. "Gods damnit, Private. If you can't get your act together, you're going to be discharged."

Azalea snapped her head up. "Sir, please, isn't that a little unfair? I-"

He held up a hand to silence her. "There is no argument here. Yes, you are an asset- not many of your kind have the abilities you do- but you are not irreplaceable."

Her head bowed low again. "Yessir. Understood, sir."

"Good." He sighed again. "You get one more chance. Make it work."

AevumEternity

" This is... Disgraceful-"

" That bastard had it coming, don't say he didn't!" the horned boy snapped, crossing his arms over his chest," If he snaps me, what do you expect me to do- not smash his nose in?"

" YES!"

" Well that's not really how I function... Sir." Lethe growled, baring his teeth in a slight snarl as the Captain glowers at him.

" Last warning, kid, then we kick you back into the wilds where you belong. Luckily there's a dragon just as.... Impudent as you are- come." the large captain turns on his heel, swiftly walking away.

Lethe growls but saunters after him- having know idea what impudent meant, he couldn't help but enjoy the word immensely- this had to be the fourth time he'd smacked his head into his dragon companion's and ended up screwing up their muzzle. And they always blamed him... All of these people were just idiots!
Snorting under his breath, he held the guan dao loosely in his hand, trailing after his captain in pouty silence- heavy leather armor squeaking in protest.

DragonSong

Azalea had been left with the other dragons off duty- though technically she should have been on duty, if she'd had a partner.

She huffed a breath and scuffed the ground with one front paw. What was so great about having a rider anyway? Perhaps she'd made a mistake when she'd first enlisted, she should have used her human form. At least then she could have been a knight or something.

She shook her head. No. No, she was more powerful in this form, and more comfortable. She supposed she'd just have to wait until they threw another idiot her way and just...well, make this one work.