Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Eagle and the Elk(Open)

Started by Elector Count of WAAAGH!, May 09, 2017, 09:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

It was a lovely day for Gerwen, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, everything seemed wonder.

The Death Eagles were heading home after an annoying event the day prior.

Most of the men were in deep sleep in a nearby camp hidden from view, given the luxury of sleeping in a bit later as they were waiting for somebody, while the men on duty stood ever vigilant but were relaxed and even talking amongst themselves about the events from yesterday.

Gerwen had woken up early, he wanted to get up early to wash himself at a nearby river, clear his head a bit with cold water. It's not often he did that, but after yesterday he could use a good soak in the cool water.

He brought his kit with him, bow and everything, but he had them placed against a nearby tree. He had taken off his hat and a good deal of his upper clothing and had it more or less in a pile to the side.

He was splashing himself with water, on his face, on his chest, it felt good to have the cold water on the bear skin. It was nice to have a moment to himself, he loved his men, but sometimes you had to have some time aloooong...

Draconian

Friend had wandered over here.

Elk had followed.

Was he thirsty? Was there a lady moose?  Her hand rested on his flank as they walked and she kept her footsteps as quiet as she could. Though Friend was making enough noise for the both of them. It was an easy walk down the river and when Friend stopped to drink his fill, Elk continued walking, moving back into the trees because being outside from under them always made her nervous.

Oooo.

A little hop to her footsteps to something propped up against a tree. Forgotten goods?

Blue eyes flicked to the mostly naked man as she walked to the tree and picked the bow up, running her hand along the side and admiring it. It was pretty. Her own bows - long bows - were carved from the nearest tree using a stolen knife. This one was pretty and Elk very rarely came across pretty things.

"Did you make this?" She asked, eyes only for the bow before she cast a glance to the strange man bathing in Friend's drinking water - at least this fellow was down stream. Elk would also not like to drink his bathing water.  "Can you make me one?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Wha-?" the man looked over his shoulder, eyes widened when he saw it was some stranger.

She had not just caught him off guard, she had caught him at his most vulnerable; without his bow. Gerwen quickly he jolted up quickly, taking a few steps back into the cold water.

His face was filled with surprised, but that quickly changed to focus as he asked. "Where the hell did you come from?"

Draconian

Elk blinked wide blue eyes and she frowned at him.

"The river is loud and you were distracted," She said simply and then looked down at herself for a moment and then back at the bow. Which she tested by pulling the string back - empty of course - she stole, but she didn't steal from living people.

"Up there," She motioned up river with the bow, nodding to the moose a ways away still drinking. "Where did you come from? Why are you bathing with pants on."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Not exactly to sneak up on somebody and touching there stuff." Gerwen huffed, the realisation that he was bathing in moose drool did not exactly enlight him.

He wanted to know who this stranger was holding his bow, but he figured he try a differnt approach after the last time he tried to speak with a stranger.

"My name is Gerwen, just a uh, passing by." he said as he put both of his hands on his hip. "Just trying to refresh myself, been a bit stressed lately you see. Was going to get to my legs but uh, you showed up, and uh, yeah."

He was looking at the bow the women was holding in her hand. "Soooo... can I have that back?"

Draconian

A tilt of her head.

Did he know she was going to come by and that was why he hadn't taken off his pants to bathe?

Having taken her own fair share of baths fully clothed, she knew that walking around in wet clothing was the least fun thing to do ever. Well, one of the least. "Gerwen," She repeated, looking him up and down and then at his bow. Which she slowly moved to hold behind herself.

Elk had no plans to steal it.

She did however have no plans on giving a weapon back to someone who could probably hit her right in the bellybutton. "I am Elk," She said simply and nodded to the moose that was meandering his way down through the river, "That is Friend." Another look at the bow as she took slow steps away making sure to stay out of arms reach, "This is pretty. Where did you get it?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"It was a gift." Gerwen said, tilting his head the opposite direction. "From elves, I couldn't possibly."

Gerwen took a second to look around, before he continued. "You don't happen to be one of them Mordecai fellows?"

Draconian

Elves?

What the heck was an elves?

Elk looked down at herself, wearing mismatched pilfered clothing, the pelt of a wolf. Her own weapons were strapped to her body between layers of clothes by leather belts tied every which way.

Another longing look at the bow before she delicately placed it where she found it and she took a step closer to the man. A deep frown on her face, "No. I am Elk. Elk does not like mordecai," He hadn't looked like a solider - he was half naked - but she moved her hand to her fluffy vest and glared.

"Are you a solider?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Me?" Said Geren, a bit ataken back, but continued to keep his composure. "Well, I suppose some may cal u-, ahem, me, a soldier of fortune." The man shrugged at the last part, but began to offer a smile. "But one of me mates tells likes to call me a huntsmen for hire."

He didn't want to give away the fact that he was in company of others, didn't want them to get ambushed.

"What about you? What do you do for a living?"

Draconian

What did she do for a living?

Elk eyed the man suspiciously, hand pressed over her vest to one of her plethora of weapons hidden under her many layers. "I... hunt," she said simply. That was how she stayed alive. Thats what he meant right?

No doubt it was clear that Elk was a wild child. Living in the wilderness with the moose that was meandering his way towards then through the river. "Who are you here to kill?" She asked simply, "You're not a soldier. But Not Soldiers don't have pretty bows or travel with people." Unfortunately for gerwen, Elk - while uneducated - was observant and if he had no means of camping on him that meant there was a camp. And it was safer fo assume camps had more people.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Oh come now, have you not seen what lurks the roads at night?'' said Gerwen as he gestured to the forest around. "You'd be crazy not to bring a weapon, or with a group for that matter."

The captain put his hands on his hips and huffed again. "I'm not here to kill anyone, least not those whose don't deserve it." Stepping a bit closer, but carefully, and reaching his hand out, he asked. "Can I please have my bow back? Please?"