Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cat and Mouse [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, August 23, 2023, 12:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Damned right, that was one-hundred percent intentional!" Raxta shot back with a grin, no longer able to hide the truth as pure revenge took a turn for simple fun: she was in her element and she bloody loved water. 

"Pathetic," she chided, throwing an arm up to avoid some of the spray. "Sloppy form. Let me show you how it's done." And then she went in for the kill.

Putting both arms together in a straight line, she swung them like a club through the water to send a mini tidal wave at Kaela's face.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

wandering_giraffe

The water got her square in the face, and she spluttered, laughing, as the water dripped down her face and her hair.
"Oh, sloppy form, is it? We'll see about that!" Kaela felt a twinge of...affection? Happiness?
And Kaela used her body to push through the water, sending a ridiculous amount of water rushing Raxta's way, and then diving below the water, a mischievous grin on her face.

Rhindeer

Kaela sent her own tidal wave her way, and with a grin, Raxta ducked beneath the wave to swim under it, resurfacing on the other side. "Pffft, yeah, you're gonna have to do better than--"

Huh?

She blinked, looking around, because Kaela was gone. Had she pushed herself too much and somehow managed to drown in waist-deep water? Somehow, she wouldn't put it past her, the girl had talent like that! Turning in a circle, looking for her, her ears went back in alarm. "Kaela? Kaela, I swear to the gods, don't mess around with me..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

wandering_giraffe

Kaela dove too fast and got a mouthful of water, but managed to surface behind Raxta, barely managing to hold in her laughter.
"I win!" She yelled, and jumped backwards into the deeper part of the water, using her feet to send a huge amount of water into Raxta, having lost control of her laughter.

Rhindeer

This is SO stupid, Raxta thought as another wave of water hit her full in the face without her even making an attempt at dodging. Stupid, and yet...

Sputtering and shaking water out of her ears, she bared her teeth in a playful snarl. "You won? How did you win? We didn't even set a win condition!" she said, and lunged forward to hook an arm around Kaela's neck in a loose chokehold.

"Looks like you're feeling better if you're jumping around, hm?"

And then she dunked Kaela.

wandering_giraffe

"I won because...because I said so," Kaela said triumphantly, carefully keeping her distance so she wouldn't get attacked with water.
But then she let down her guard and found herself in a playful chokehold, and then dunked under the water.
I deserved that, Kaela laughingly thought to herself. When they surfaced, it was Kaela's turn to shake her head and get the water out.
"Ok, ok, I take it back! What are the win conditions then?"
And she laughed, and tried to use her weight to dunk Raxta under.

Rhindeer

"The win conditions are--" Raxta's words cut off with a squawk followed by the distinct sound of furious bubbles as Kaela shoved her head under, totally taking advantage of her distraction! Raxta flailed and splashed uselessly for a moment until she managed to wriggle free and swim under Kaela, popping up behind her.

She promptly spat a stream of water onto her head.

"As I was saying," she continued, hands on her hips and a stern expression on her face. "The win condition is...uh...hmm..." Fantastic question, actually! She looked around, finally looking further downstream where it opened up into a larger lake.

"Fastest swimmer wins. Whoever reaches the lake first."

wandering_giraffe

Kaela was...erm...not the best swimmer. But as soon as Raxta finished her sentence, Kaela was off, using a backstroke to cut through the water.
"So long!" She playfully yelled.

But hidden in the trees were two bounty hunters. They had been waiting for a chance when Raxta and Kaela, their target, were apart. Now might be the best chance. But they waited.
One of them shifted to get a better view point of the lake they figured the two were headed too, and accidentally stepped on a dry branch.
Crack

Rhindeer

"What?! Hey, you rat, wait!" Raxta snapped as Kaela just took off, just like that, when she'd barely finished! "No, no, you're supposed to—oh, whatever."

With a roll of her eyes, she gave a quick stretch, limbering up and cracking her neck and back. And she was just about to dive after her when a sharp crack from above made her ears rotate and drew her eyes toward the sound along with them. She glanced toward the trees, squinting.

But saw nothing. Just thick canopy.

Probably just a monkey.

Shrugging, she dove into the water and went after Kaela in a swift breaststroke, and was soon overtaking her.

wandering_giraffe

"So long, sucker!" She yelled, but then Raxta overtook her, and Kaela just about stopped swimming, she was already tired out. But the lake was so close...and Kaela was falling behind. Kaela used her last spurt of energy to tackle Raxta as she was swimming by.
"HA! Now neither of us win!" Kaela said smugly.
"You should let the wounded one win though," Kaela said with a mock pout, breathing hard from exertion but grinning nevertheless.

Rhindeer

Raxta yelped when she was suddenly tackled, taking in a mouthful of water in the process, and she resurfaced with a choking sputter. Glowering at Kaela--especially at her notion that the wounded one should win, as if she hadn't started this war!--she let out a snort, spraying water in the process.

"Ohh, is that how it is? You start the fight and then want mercy?"

In a sudden, quick maneuver, she pulled Kaela onto her back, gripping her under her knees to pull her legs around her waist. "I'm still winning," she said, and began to trudge through the water, barely able to touch the ground as it came up to their shoulders. But soon enough, they reached the lake, and Raxta promptly swung Kaela around and dropped her.

wandering_giraffe

Well.

Kaela thought she won.

Until Raxta turned the tables on her.
Now Kaela found herself being carried through the water.
"Ok I've gotta admit, that was smooth," Kaela admitted.
"Technically I'm still winning, cus I'm in front of you still."

They made it to the lake, and Kaela got unceremoniously dropped into the water.
She was not prepared that, and fell into the water with a yelp
She surfaced shaking her head trying to get the water out of her ears, and then paused and looked at Raxta.
"Ya know...you're kindof cute for a jaguar-kin." The words came out in a rush.
Kaela took Raxta's hand and kissed it as if she was kissing a prince's, and then dove under the water again, swimming for the shore this time.

Rhindeer

What.

What??

WHAT?!

Raxta did not think herself the type to get thrown off kilter easily, and yet somehow Kaela managed to leave her speechless. She could only stare at the human, eyes wide and mouth gaping like a dying fish, as she not only called her cute but then kissed her hand.

"I—what—you—" she sputtered uselessly, but before she could manage to herd her words into a coherent sentence, Kaela was gone again, leaving Raxta standing there staring at the rippling water where Kaela had once been, water dripping off her ears.

Her face felt unusually hot despite the cool water and she realized with slow-building horror that she was blushing.

"I—I am not cute!" she finally managed to call after Kaela as she spotted the girl swimming to shore, but there was an odd, strangled sound to the words.

wandering_giraffe

Kaela stopped swimming and shot a glance Raxta's way.
"Yep. You are cute. I've said it, it's final!" She shouted, blushing herself, and sending a splash in Kaela's general direction. Then she turned and began to swim the rest of the way to the shore.
"You don't happen to have a spare change of clothes, do you?" Kaela shouted, seemingly more self conscious of the fact she herself had no clothes on at the moment.
"It's uh...not normal for my people to just walk around like, like this," Kaela gestured to herself, getting more flustered by the second.

The two bounty hunters, meanwhile, were quietly watching from the trees.
"Why are we just sitting here? The sooner we kill her, the sooner I can get the payout!" One bounty hunter complained, one hand restlessly holding a knife.
The other bounty hunter gave him a withering glare.
"We wait. We will follow them back to wherever they live. Then we'll kill both of them."

Rhindeer

How did this happen? Why did this happen? Why her? What had she done to deserve this? Raxta let out a long-suffering sigh and glanced toward the canopy above, taking a moment to rein herself in. It wasn't the irritation she needed to get a handle on—it was the spirits-be-damned blushing.

"Whatever," she finally grumbled, hoping it came out appropriately surly instead of as flustered as she felt. More water splashed her and she barely blinked, instead watching Kaela swim to the shore before trudging begrudgingly after her.

Climbing out of the water, her own animal-skin clothes (just a basic wrap round her chest and a long loin cloth) sticking to her skin, she flicked water off her tail and shook her head to clear water from her ears. The result was a somewhat floofy Raxta as her fur and hair puffed up in response.

Kaela's question made her eyebrow arch. "I have clothes back in my den," she said with a shrug. "Not sure why you'd need them here, though?" She frowned down at her own wet clothes plastered to her body, nose wrinkling as she tugged at them. "I was planning on taking these off."

wandering_giraffe

As soon as Raxta said that, Kaela's face flushed red. She felt hot all over. "Taking those off?"
"It's just-I mean, you're the most beautiful person, I mean jaguar—-jaguar kin, I've ever seen, and—-" Kaela hid her face in her hands.
"Why me? Why do you have to be so-so goddamn attractive, damn everything," Kaela muttered.

Rhindeer

SHE SAID WHAT NOW?!

Raxta froze, her eyebrows lifted clear to her hairline and eyes saucer wide. She looked less like jaguar-kin at that moment and more like a cornered hare. Well, except for the part where she was blushing, the spots on her cheeks standing out vividly.

"You...uh...come again?"

wandering_giraffe

She couldn't tell if Raxta genuinely didn't hear her the first time or just didn't believe what she heard.
Her face was still hidden in her hands, so she slowly raised her face to look at Raxta, who she noticed was blushing too.
"I said, uh, you're the most beautiful person I've ever seen—-" Damn, Kaela get it together! 

She took a deep breath.
"You're attractive and—gods I've never done this before. I've never felt this before!"

Rhindeer

And still Raxta only stared at her, blinking slowly.

"...Did the poison damage your brain?"

wandering_giraffe

"I don't think so...." Kaela said cautiously.

She looked down at the ground and rubbed the back of her neck.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything," Kaela quietly said. 
Would Raxta hate her now? Did Raxta hate her now?  
She didn't know anything about the culture Raxta was from.