Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Justice Wears a Clever Disguise! (Spice!)

Started by Ivory, September 09, 2013, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

"You don't have to decide today or tomorrow or even this month."  Audric put in helpfully.  "Wait until your son or your daughter is born, Arrant.  It might change things.  There is nothing, nothing like becoming a father.  And you should know what that's like before you decide."

It was rare that Audric was so serious for so long.  He had been almost nothing-but since Leif's arrival, and the change was almost remarkable.  However, family was a sobering subject in this context...

"I wish -- I truly do wish -- I had better advice to offer you, but each of us is different.  Do what your heart tells you -- protect what you have or risk your life hoping to take what you do not."

visualspice

Leif continued to rake a hand through his curly hair, playing with it as he lamented internally over his own thoughts-a nd what Audric said.

"You... have a family. I know this hits close to home for you." He peered over at Audric questionably. "Yet you seem to juggle it so well."

"Why?" he asked, turning to him.

And how?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Audric's smile was light, and there was a sad element to it as well.

"I learned a long time ago to compartmentalize.  If you lose your focus in battle, you're a dead man...  So when you're on the battlefield, you have to be, heart and mind, on the field.  When you're at home, your heart and thoughts should be at home with your family.  Never do anything by halves, and when you make a decision, stick to it.  It's better to make a bad decision than to do nothing at all."

He paused, then added, "Besides, I've had a few years to come to terms with my demons."

visualspice

Leif registered the words quite clearly. The life of a soldier- he should have guessed.

"I supposed I was too selfish to realize any of this.."
That aspect of his partner in crime- and aspects of himself he was only beginning to learn.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"Hardly selfish," he answered confidently.  "It isn't something I shared, and it's not something I wanted you to know.  Unless you had a reason to, anyway."  He rather enjoyed the ease with which he was able to step between his lives: that of a duke, and that of a vigilante.  "And, anyway, you've had a lot on your plate yourself."

visualspice

Leif frowned at the thought.
"The only thing I ever had to deal with was the ignorance of my parents." He turned away, staring off listlessly at the wall as he became quiet in his contemplation.
He supposed, he could also say- 'and the ignorance of the world'.

Ivory

"And, as I recall, several matters concerning your wife?"  Obviously!  There was, after all, some scene or another at a certain ball...

"Be happy, Arrant, for yourself and for your wife.  Try looking at the good things, for a change.  You'll be a great father, I think."  Audric's grin suddenly re-emerged, as he clapped a hand down on Leif's shoulder.  "But you will have to learn some nursery rhymes about ducks and frogs and things."

visualspice

Scowling, Leif socked Audric on the shoulder.
"Do not taunt me, Audric," he growled. Shaking his head, he raked a hand through his hair.
"I just... I never pictured myself as a father." He peered down at his hands now with a frown. "I don't even think I'd know what to do..."

Ivory

"Hey, who was taunting?" Audric asked innocently.  "I was just trying to give you the facts..."

The Duke retreated a few steps from his friend in order to retrieve and refill his guest's cup with fresh tea and to fill one of his own.  As he poured, he repeated, "You will be a good father, Leif.  You love and protect your family, and that's the most important thing."

He returned to Leif's side and offered him the teacup.  "Here.  Now, drink this one, or I'll be really insulted."  So saying, he held his own glass up slightly with an honest and easy grin.  "To you, to your lovely wife, and the next chapter in your life together."

visualspice

Leif looked at the tea, then up at Audric; to the toast, to his honor- to the bizarre friendship of this man. He wasn't sure if he cracked a smile or not as he held up the cup with a frown.
"To a new chapter."
It would certainly be a new adventure....