Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Feathers Doused in Rain

Started by Lion, November 11, 2013, 02:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

A chill passed through his spine, when the wind carried the whisper toward his ears.  He gave a small gasp and paused midstep.  He turned around, eyes narrow as he peered back at the woman.  "What did you say?" his voice rolled out.  He stepped closer to her, trying to take in her features and understand why she was suddenly so familiar.  "How do you know that name?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

When he turned around, at first she did not flinch as she looked at him, staring at the only parts she could see of his face- his lips.
Memories flooded back to her, the kisses like this, in the rain, beneath the bed, with her hands over his eyes so all she could see were his lips in which to kiss.
Gasping, she took a step back as he came near her.

"You're Merric Rastognlir, aren't you?" And then boldly, to prove her point, she grabbed onto his hood and threw it off and with a gasp, looked back into the most familiar face of a friend long forgotten. Or rather, he had always been something more than a friend.

Her heart froze within her chest, her mouth, gaping open as she peered back at him and exclaimed, "Oh my god..."
And all she could do, was stare.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Mercuxio took a step back at her words and his eyes grew wide in both horror and alarm.  Aside from his congregation, no-one called him by Merric save for those that were most familiar with him.  He stood back and peered at her face and it came back to him, little by little.  "You!" he suddenly cried out.  "You're dead!  This cannot be! WHO ARE YOU!?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

At Mercuxio's exclamation, Attalia flinched and took a step back. She could hardly believe this as much as he did, but something within her, a deep pool of anger came forth and was seen flashing within her eyes as she suddenly took another step near to him and shouted,
"What is it of consequence to you who you meet in the grave?" For she knew far too well who Merric was. He had become a part of the church! And oh, how the cruel irony of it was as her good memories were soon mixing with the bad. "Just continue on with your mourning and just think of me as a ghost!" And she moved to storm past him.
Gods! To run into Merric Rastognlir of all men! And here! in the grave yard of all places!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He grabbed her at arm and snatched onto it with an iron hand.  "Attalia?" he breathed.  "Attalia Arrant?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

When he snatched onto her wrist, she gasped as a breath was snatched from her throat. Turning to him, she stared at him with teary eyes and gritting teeth.
"Let me go, Merric," she trembled, pulling at her wrist in hopes to free and, and whens he did, she kept her eyes to his, even though hers were shining with tears. "Just forget you saw me. Just keep pretending that I'm dead." And she moved to try to walk away again, her head spinning and her legs feeling like lead.

Gods.. Leif was going to kill her that someone she knew spotted her- Alive!

Lion

"But how can this be?" Merric breathed lightly.  "You died.  My mother herself saw your grave at your family home.  She wrote to me...  And yet here you are."  He retracted his hand and placed it over his mouth.  One friend dead and another a ghost in the flesh.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

THe mountain of emotions broiling inside of Attalia was almost too much to bear. Somehow, her legs could not drag her away from him as she looked into his face, saw the shock, and horror, as she stumbled to take a few steps away.

"Then just remember me like that, Merric...please..." and she turned to rush away.
Gods! How could she be so foolish! Even knowing the hooded man was Merric.. she still managed to pull off his hood then expose herself! And she couldn't let him confirm that- that she was alive! No! She had to get out here and quick! But her legs had other plans as she slipped on a puddle of mud and had to clutch onto a nearby grave to stop herself from completely falling int he dirt.

Lion

Merric was stunned at this, at everything that suddenly came upon him in that moment.  He felt dizzy as if the world were spinning around him faster and faster and he thought he was going to be sick.

When she fell, Merric had been holding on to a tree to keep himself from falling over.  "I-I don't understand," he breathed holding into his chest.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She hadn't made it that far away, and despite the wind and rain, his voice carried.
She found herself sobbing now at his words, to think of a world long past.. of their world long past and just clutched onto the tomb stone as she shook.

"Sometimes it's best not to question fate, Merric.."s he spoke, and turned towards him, her eyes pleading but also sad and confused. "I might as well be dead..."
And she felt herself shake. "You.. you never answered my letters..."

Lion

"Letters?" he asked quizzically.  "You never wrote to me.  I recieved nothing of any letters of any kind from you.  The last I heard of you was my mother's letter."  He dropped his head and eventually found enough strength in a deep breath.  "I thought you were gone from my life..."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"What do you mean what letters?" she found her voice shaking as she asked. "I wrote to you... every day since they found me out as a mage and placed me in the custody of the church... There were. several letters, at least a dozen or so you never answered!" she claimed, keeping her chin high now, and her angered, tear filled eyes directly on him.

What did he mean!? Had he truly not received them!?

Lion

At her words, he stood up, and righted himself.  Did she truly say what he thought she said?  He blinked at her and carefully pulled his hood back on his head.  His face was soaked anyway he found his words had been stolen from him for the longest time.  "A-a mage?" he breathed.  "A mage?  How could that be?  I...I don't understand."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Anger still gripping her, she felt herself barely able to stand as she hunched over, rain soaked hair sticking to the front of her wet coat.

"Don't mock me, Merric! You stopped writing to me the moment you knew!" she said, hateful tears panging her eyes. THe shock he was feeling did not hit her. SHe was still too upset with him and so angry at the church, at what she had been through, to see his distress.

Lion

Merric backed away from her and moved more beside the tree.  "I didn't know," he breathed, his voice barely above a whisper.  "Ansgar....  No I didn't know, until now.  I have to go.  I have to leave."  He felt like the world was spinning again and he turned on his heel, bolting for the cemetery gates.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Of course he had to go. And she stared after him bitterly for it. She never thought Merric was truly a coward, but to see him here today...
now she truly believed his was. But Gods!
She found herself crying, a hand cupped over her lips..
Now he knew...
and now what was to become of her? But instead of making chase, she , like a wilted flower, finally collapsed fully to the muddy ground.

Lion

Merric felt like he wanted to be sick and in fact he did.  It wasn't long after he reached the cemetery gate that he paused, held his hands against the slick stone wall and puked his guts out, feeling dreadful, anxious and most of all pathetic.  He cried, though he didn't want to and grew angry.  He turned his eyes back to where he'd left Attalia.  She was a mage, a magic-user, a vile entity against everything he'd been taught.  But she had been his first love, his only love, and after all the years he'd known her, here she was again.

But she was angry and upset and spoke to him with vile disdain and he found  himself retching again.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Her mind was spinning and for the life of her, she could not move on. So she waited, just for a spell, until finally her strength came back to her- and she let it come back as rage. Not knowing Merric was on the other side of the stone wall of the grave yard, she stormed out towards it's exit now to make her own hasty retreat, and when she did, she nearly ran into him as she stared, frozen in horror to see him retch!

Lion

Merric hadn't eaten much, but it certainly look like he'd consumed more than he did.  And he felt his eyes hot with tears and his hands tried fervently to wipe them away.  He stumbled backwards when he saw Attalia emerge from the gate.  He just stared at her for a good long moment. 

"I spoke the truth, Attie," he said, using her nickname.  "What reason would I have to lie to you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Hearing his voice, her anger stilled, but only a little. She felt hot words at the base of her throat, but instead, breathed out the hot air.

"Merric.." she began, feeling her fists still clenching at her sides. "I.." and her voice wavered, thinking to her last question. "Why.. why don't we pretend this never happened.." and her voice came out softly. "No one should know I'm alive, and you can go home.. still thinking I am dead."

Maybe it was just a bad dream?