Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

First Comes the Wedding; Then Comes the Bomb (M)

Started by visualspice, November 20, 2013, 10:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Once inside, Jinai stared at the flowers awkwardly. She had.. no idea what to do with them as she stared at them as if they were some sort of peculiar creature before finally letting them rest onto her lap. She peered at moonlight in silence for a long while, saying nothing but thinking over much on the events to come.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jude didn't know exactly which chapel it was, but he gave is best guess and ended up a the All Saints Church near the Bee's Bridle Inn, a tavern of some notoriety.  He pulled the carriage off into the alley and helped Jinai down from the steps and lead her toward the front doors.  The priest was inside, well, if he could be called that as he was puffing on a cigar as he was reading in the pew when they entered and apparently did not hear them.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Jon, I need you to marry us."

The priest, at first, did not look up.
"Yes, the forms are in the front desk. Simply fill it out and we can arrange the wedding come the morning."

"No, Jon, I need you to marry us now."

The priest finally looked up from his book, and did a double take to see Jinai in a wedding dress.
"J-Jinai!? What on earth is this?" and he was smiling, despite his obvious surprise on the matter. "And what is this none sense? You, marry?"

"You heard what I said. I got the wedding dress and everything. ANd here's my groom. But we have to be quick about it. I need married within the hour."

"Landsakes- withint he hour!?"

"Yeah. But don't expect a lot of witnesses."

Shaking his head, the older gentleman looked Jude and Jinai over and gave a shake of his head.
"There usually never is. Elopements are rather private, after all. Now.. do I have the pleasure of knowing the groom's name?"

"It's not that important. We just have to get married, and do it fast."

"Do you have the rings?"

ANd it was here, Jinai hesitated. Shit. She forgot one minor detail.
Though it was a fake wedding- would they need it?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jude was relieved that Jinai had prior knowledge of the priest and was able to conjure up the matter quickly.  He felt better knowing he was willing to comply though the matter of ring did bring a certain doubt to his mind.  Jinai didn't seem the type to wear jewelry willy-nilly. So he looked down at his hand and produced the ring from his own hand, a gift from a client that went well with his burgundy suit and had an elegant engraving on it.  It was a signet ring, one with his initials carved into the band.  He presented the ring to the father and then to Jinai.  "Use this one," he said.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Yes, that's all well and good, pretty thing..." The priest said, only after he began to actually inspect the ring. But then he turned to Jinai. "But you need a ring to give to him, Jinai."

And it was here, Jinai only stared for a moment as she hesitated in response. She didn't have a ring for him.
"I still have to go grab it. But I'm sure my fiance wouldn't mind starting the paper work while I go fetch it."
It was here the priest nodded, "Indeed. Well.. go off with you then. I shall prepare the wedding ceremony. Do .. either of you have a preference for a sacred verse to be read when I bless you both?"

"Whatever works for you. I'll be back." And the bride turned around, rushing out of the church.
Shit. A ring, a ring. She'd have to find a damn ring and quick.

Lion

Jude took the time to painstakingly go over the papers with the priest, giving generic answers where he might need them and wringing his hands all the while.  Wishing his fiancee would hurry up.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: I think it's funny she didn't mention to the priest this was a 'pretend' wedding yet 8D
I wonder if she'll ever remember to *snicker*

--------

It was almost an hour before the bride returned, and by then, the priest himself had fallen back to sleep in the first pew. She approached him and dropped a wooden ring in his hand.
"There."
Awakening, Jon looked less than pleased.

"A child's wooden ring?"

Jinai shrugged.

"Assume it means something to the groom?"

Jon looked over at Jude, who, he noticed had finished the paper work.
"Ah." Ad he peered odwn, furrowing his shaggy brows as he went to read.
"Jude.. Armand is it?" he said, adjusting his spectacles. "And Jinai Rinstgate. Yes, yes, very good. Mm hm.." and he read through it rather briefly before standing up.
"Yes, well, right this way. It should only take about an hour to go through the ceremony properly. Then you shall both become Armand's."

And at the priest's words, Jinai tensed as she followed.

Lion

"Um just so you know, Father, this is all just a big fat joke.  We're trying to prank a friend you see, and would be a big help if you could help play along.  You'll be well compensated, that I promise," Jude was quick to mention.  "I hope that isn't a problem for you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai stepped on Jude's foot and cast him a nasty glare, right before the priest's eyes went wide as saucers.
"A joke!?" he appeared quite appalled.

"My fiance is quite the jokester," Jinai interjected, taking Jon by the arm and glaring warningly over to Jude. As much as this wedding was to be a farce, she knew it wouldn't be official anywyas- for it'd never come to an 'end'. Lord Christy was on the way, she was sure of it- or so she hoped. She had been wrong before but....

Worse case scenario, she'd ruin the wedding herself.

She also knew, as muhc as Jon would support them- it would take far too long to get him to agree, even with he as a mage sympathizer.

"Isn't that right, darling?" Jude better f-ing agree! Or she'd have to find another damn groom for this!

Lion

"You know what, forget it.  I feel my skin crawling in this place as it is.  Let's just get this overwith," Jude said and pulling his arm away from Jinai's.  "Hurry this along.  I have an appointment come dawn."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: Jinai always has to be difficult 8D
This plan of hers is also half-assed lol
Would be terrible if Lord Christy never came!
---------

"Yes, yes," Jon chuckled, finally calming after such a notion surprised him. "That's what's wrong with youths these days. Though if it weren't for two reckless souls such as yourselves, I would not have enough money to run this church. And... on such a note.." he cleared his throat and lifted a brass offering tin towards them both. "An offering to the church must be made in your honor. You may donate what you will." And he waited expectantly.

Lion

"Here!  Take it and be happy you got anything at all," Jude said irritatedly, slapping the whole sack of coins from his belt into his hand.  "Let's get on with this!  I can hear carriage wheels already."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"My, my, that's the spirit. I see the groom is having wedding jitters. And here I thought those were reserved for our bride!" And Jon cast Jinai a looked, which made her look away.

"Yeah, let's just hurry up, ok?" And she fussed over her hair and held on tightly to the awkward bouquet, that was slightly crumpled now as the pair approached the alter.

"Yes, we shall begin. Both of you take your positions here and kneel before the alter. I'm going to place the rings in holy water to bless them."

And as Jon did so, Jinai got to her knees and kept her gaze avoidant of Jude. He was probably pissed. She hadn't explained all of the details anyways.
Then again- he never rightly asked?

Lion

He could have cared less.  His hair was mussed a little and he brushed it back as best he could as he peered at Jinai.  "I hope this goes through.  I don't need word getting out that I'm getting married," He hissed to her.  "Hurry the fuck up father Jon."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai elbowed him sharply in the gut.
"Don't worry. I've got this," she hissed. "Stop acting as if I really want to marry you."
Really, what was he thinking?

Lion

"Okay, okay," Jude replied, smoothing down the shirt where she elbowed him.  He gave a forced smile and then peered up at her.  His voice grew more serious.  "You look nice.  Fit for the occasion and very much yourself."  This time his smile was genuine as the priest finally came back with the rings.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"You think I can be myself in a wedding dress?" She wasn't sure if she was going to buy that one, but her eyes quickly avoided his when the priest approached.

"Blessed are these rings from Angsar. Blessed are their meaning of holy union. It is love that has brought us here, and love that bought these wings. It will be love that unionizes you, and your ushaken faith to the mighty Angsar, who he, and his patron saints of holy duty and love; will watch over the pair of you, Jinai Rinstgate and Jude Armand as the pair of you become unionized through holy matrimony. Now, it's time for you both to bow your heads in prayer and take another another's hand as I read from the sacred book of Angsar."

Clearing his throat, he turned the page in his holy book and went on to talk about the journeys of love and life, all the while Jinai held onto Jude's hand-
Half listening to the sermon, the other half of her listening to see if Lord Christy would soon break through the door.

"When Lord Christy comes, we have to act fast. He'll be stunned once it happens, but-"

"Jinai..." Jon cleared his throat. "Jinai please refrain from speaking. This is a moment to reflect and be at peace. Your turn will happen soon enough."
And Jon continued with his words.

Lion

Jude gave her a nod of understanding as he kept his head bowed.  He squeezed her hand and let the Priest say his words as he went on then there was a sudden silence.  "Huh?"

Father Jon looked at him expectantly.  "I said, do you, Jude Armand, take this woman as your wife?"

Jude looked around a moment before looking at Jinai with wide eyes.  It was a long second and he breathed outwardly.  "You know it!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Er, I applaud your enthusiasm, but the words are , 'I do'."

Jinai cast a glare Jude's way, a threatening look that let him know, If you mess this up, I'll pummel you instead of Lord Christy.
"So, do you, Jude Armand, take this woman to be you lawfully wedding wife?"

And the silence returned again- and Jinai felt herself sweating bullets. Where was Lord Christy? The ceremony was almost complete!
Were they TOO fast at getting to this chapel? She fucking hoped not!

Lion

Jude scowled at the priest.  "What difference does it make how I say, yes, as long as I say it?"

"Because it is, tradition, Mr. Armand.  Now, do you take this woman or not?" Jon said, widening his eyes at the prostitute and glowering at him.

"I do, goddammit," Jude said, and was half ready to knock the priest's lights out.  But he just squeezed Jinai's hand tightly to stave off his irritation and peered at her, as the same question was presented to her once again.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn