Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

First Comes the Wedding; Then Comes the Bomb (M)

Started by visualspice, November 20, 2013, 10:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jinai didn't answer- she felt so numb, so cold, and she could not stop shaking. Though it wasn't just the chilly air that made her tremble. The pain, at least for now, was subsiding, but her nerves were worn. And as she lay there on the bed, all she could do was look at Jude and tremble.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jude's shaking hands somehow managed to strike a spark and the small kindling took to it.  He put a few more pieces of wood into the fire until they burned well enough and he moved to close and lock the door.  Jude returned to Jinai's side and removed his wet cold shirt and his trousers as well.  "Here, let me help you.  It'll subside the cold," he said softly as he helped Jinai undress and extended their clothing by the fireplace.  Jude said nothing more and moved beside her once more, sitting down and coaxing her into his arm.  He gently rubbed her back, like she was a child he was trying to soothe to sleep.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Jinai lay there, hair a wet mess across the straw better, and her body- unnaturally pale and cold as she shivered. More violent tremors would come and go, but after a time, it quieted and just the simple shaking remained as her eyes stared listlessly into the fire until no more tears could fall.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jude noticed her trembling, the soft motion of it almost in tune with his.  He leaned back on the bed, until he was completely flat, coaxing Jinai to lay on his chest.  He continued to rub her back and his eyes followed hers to the fire.  Despite warmth flooding the room, he too shivered still. His body was beyond exhaustion and the poorly padded bed was a wonder to cold hard ground.

His voice broke the silence.  "You asked me once about my first time when we were back at that cozy farm," he said softly, musing aloud for the comfort of them both.  "I never answered for we were in quite a hurry.  But what I would have said was that back in the village, I was..maybe sixteen, there was this clockmaker's daughter.  She was cherry haired with luscious brown eyes.  Her name was Adelaide and she was a sight for sore eyes.  We grew up together in a manner of speaking...when my family would come into town taking our stock to sell, we would speak and play and soon she kissed me...and dreamed of me becoming a soldier one day. She said she always wanted to marry a soldier, someone with great valor and courage and with stories to tell."  He laughed softly.  "If only she saw me now, I have plenty of stories to tell, but none of them from being a soldier.  We made love shortly before the Mordecai came to the settlement...  She ran away with a captain and..."  His voice went on telling small tales of his childhood, of life on the farm, his sister, his mother, all to settle the mood and comfort the woman in his arms.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

His words comforted her- no matter what he had said- and it was difficult to tell if she was even listening, but listen she did- for listening was all she could do. And though she was exhausted, sleep did not claim her for many hours, and the only word she uttered, in a slight delirious state was, "I don't even know how to love... you.." before sleep became her and nightmares rattled her mind for most of the night.

Lion

"That's okay," his mouth formed the words, but he didn't voice them.  He closed his eyes too and feel into an uneventful slumber, his exhaustion finally taking over.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It was barely morning when she awoke, her eyes staring like two hollowed voids at the dusty fragments of the rising sun that poked through the cabin. She felt listless and numb, and didn't dare move- lest the nightmare come true; and she'd have to accept the consequences of all that occurred.  She couldn't even feel Jude, even though she knew he was there, and just kept staring, staring into the greyness of the day.

Lion

Sunlight warmed his extremities and danced across his vision.  His eyes flickered open and he felt stiff and sore, and only partly rested.  He felt Jinai nearest him and he turned his head down at her.  He said nothing, just turned a little and wrapped an arm around her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At his sudden touch, Jinai cringed and bristled, jerking away from him.
"Do you think there's a river nearby?" she said after a time. "I'd like to bathe."
She felt dirty all over, and empty in her skin. She wasn't sure what bathing would fix, but it would at least wash away the nightmare that still stained her legs.

Lion

Jude frowned at her bristling and refrained from touching her further.  He sat up and cracked his neck a little and peered at her from her place on the bed.  "Probably," he said, moving over her to check on their clothes.  "I  saw a small stream passing through on our way here.  In fact I can hear it now."  He looked through the window.  "Yup, just past that bush there."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai sat up, not even bothering to look at him as she tried to rise to her feet. SHe stumbled a bit at first, her legs feeling like jelly, but she didn't ask for any assistance as she groped her way towards the door.

Lion

Jude gave a gasp as she tried to get herself out of bed.  He moved toward her but he didn't grab her, as he only stood there to catch her if she needed him.  He looked across and saw a walking stick in the corner and he handed it to her.  "Maybe this will help."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai pushed the stick aside.
"What do you think I am, an old woman?" she snapped, but one wrong step had her most conveniently falling into Jude. SHe grimaced. "Just.. just help me get to the water," she grumbled, miserably.

Lion

"Instead of being stubborn..."  Jude didn't even finish his sentence as he helped her to her feet and helped her get through the door of the cabin and hobbled down toward the small creek that resided just beside the cabin.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai was hoping for something a lot deeper, this barely went up to her thighs, but she didn't waste any time once she approached the waters, and began to peel off her clothing before letting herself fall into the waters.

The water was freezing cold and stung her. But she didn't care- and sat there, unmoving, as the waters rushed passed.

Lion

[She's already naked. 8D]

Jude didn't know what more he could do and turned back toward the cabin.  He collected their clothes and took a blanket from the rack beside the bed and carefully dressed before returning to the stream.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: Whoops XD
WELL THEN
double naked 8D

---------

Jinai remained in the stream for a long time, sitting down, knees drawn to her body while her eyes stared listlessly at the moving waters. She didn't even bother to try to wash herself, just stared at the watersa nd let the current remove the blood and filth.

Lion

Jude had forgotten that he himself hadn't had a bath in days and he likely smelled worse off than she did.  He undressed again, setting his clothes neatly beside Jinai's on the soil of the creek and he joined her, though he sat beside her, looking at her with a somber expression.  "Do you..." he hesitated at first.  "Do you want me to help clean you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai said nothing for a while and simply stared at the stream.
"No."

Lion

"All right," he said and sat down into the stream, just on the other side.  He looked at her from the corner of his eye but he didn't reach for her.  He was there in case she changed her mind, but other wise he just cleaned himself, dousing his hair with cold water and he laughed a little.  "Whoo!  It's zesty isn't it.  We don't get water this fresh in the city.  I forgot how much I like the outdoors."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn