Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Well done on the overture but, fermata son FERMATA! [Toreh]

Started by Anonymous, July 20, 2010, 06:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"When you travel alone for as long as I have trust is a pretty word and thats it. " Amkus chuckled as the boy's questions fallowed eachother. "So what race are you Amkus anyway are you a half elf?" Amkus shook his head. "I'm a short La'marrian human and that's it." The touchy subject was skimmed over. " So, what do you plan to do, I mean when you grow old." Amkus thought as they walked on until Amkus spoke as if there was no time gap. "I see my self growing old and dieing next to my vitos after one final song. Nothing big just a small tune."

When they got close to the smith the smoke was easy to smell. "Ahh a good smell of foward in technolgy." Amkus stood back as Barlai spoke to the smith when the approached Amkus mirrored standing beside Barlai. Amkus smiled when he saw the man and his boy it reminded him of something but he couldn't rest his finger on it. He placed his vitos case down and put his hand to meet the man's. "Hello sir the name is Amkus Delgyth." The shake of the man it was easy to feel the strength almost chrushing Amkus' hand. "Yes I am in need of a..." Amkus trailed of as he thought for a moment. "A short sword or a long knife. Nothing fancy but I want it to last. If it has a sheath that makes it all the sweeter." Amkus didn't feel like telling why he needed said weapon was important.

Anonymous

Beorn nodded at Amkus' request. "I have just the thing." Turning, he walked towards the back of the forge, where racks held metalwork already forged: armor, weapons, building pieces. As the forge searched amidst some clanging, Barlai made small talk with Tark, the son. The boy was no older that twelve, but was well-built for his age - which he attributed to his father and his business. Notheless, the smith returned, a small sword in his hand. Sheathed, it was no more than two and a half feet long.

The smith placed the sword on the counter before him. "Is this well enough?" Beorn asked Amkus. At the bard's nod, he presented it to Barlai. "As you are already armed," the smith added, pointing at Amkus' weapon, "I believe this is for you." Barlai smiled, and attached the sheath to his own belt. It was nothing fancy, just a simple iron scabbard at his waist. he drew it with his right arm, and tested the blade. It was a rapier, and a short one at that. The blade was long and slim, with three iron strands elegantly making up the wristguard. Barlai sheathed the sword, and thanked both Amkus and Beorn. The bard nodded, and reached for his gold. But Barlai stayed him, and got his own. Beorn then had to intercede, but Barlai protested, and paid for half of it - Beorn would not give it for full price.

As the pair left the forge, Barlai began to follow Amkus. This was his show now. "Are you all set?" the young musician asked him. "And the sword?" The bard smiled.

Anonymous

Amkus turned and smiled at the young boy. "Your forgetting something a gift, perhaps of unknown value." He shook his head he thought of the youth today so forgetful. " Just go back I'll try and see if we can get this band of travleing musicans off and running." Amkus smiled as he went to a bench and started mapping out thire course. "Hmm we can travel through the mountains but it might be rough on the the boy." ((Sorry Amkus is a little retentive about gifts anything to help his cause.))

Anonymous

"The mountains'll be fine," Barlai noted. He could care less. "And you don't have to be so pushy; it's not even yours. They're not exactly wealthy philanthropists." He rolled his eyes. As the boy returned, his father was behind him, carrying something covered by a cloth. "This'n's fer you, Barlai," the smith said. He placed it on the countertop, beckoning for him to open it. Barlai took off the cloth, and whistled. It was a knife, no longer than his forearm. The sheathe was beautifully crafted, with a dark scene of a city at night. Barlai drew the knife from the beautiful sheath. It was very thin, like his rapier, but long too, a foot or so. "It's a stiletto," the boy remarked. Barlai was amazed at the craftsmanship. It was a black metal, with a deep shine that reflected shadow, not light. He sheathed it again.

"It's meant fer yer leg," Beorn added. "Yer mom wanted you to have something made, and I thought this would be appropriate. Don't lose it." He winked. Barlai nodded, and attached the knife to his inside left leg, covering it with his trousers. He felt the sheath there, but it didn't hinder his movement. "Thank you very much," he told the pair, shaking each of their hands gratefully. "No, no," the smith said, shaking his head. "We can never thank ya's enough for what ye did for m'boy." He ruffled Tark's hair, and the boy smiled up at his father. "Be well."

Barlai thanked them again, and beckoned for Amkus to follow him once more. He walked towards the city's western gate, to start their journey. As they walked, he made idle conversation. "do you need anything else?" he asked his friend. "We can leave now as far as I'm concerned."

(Sorry 'bout the delay)

Anonymous

((Sorry been kinda sick lately sorry for the gap.)) Amkus' head turned upwards. "I am ready as I've been sense I met you lad." Let's head along Amkus picked up his supplies and weapons and as the two boys began their new found adventure Amkus began to sing. " When we meet on the road again my love,my love. It will be the time of great happiness but also grand sorrow for I know I said I know we will have to leave each other soon." Amkus hummed this as the two walked to where ever they would be heading. ((It's been fun and I have another RP for us with someone else if you are interested because I think they will have fun together.))

Anonymous

(Sure, someone else can jump in. We need some action too....)

Barlai smiled at his new friend. This is the jump he needed into a new adventure, a new life. He followed his counterpart to the reaches of the city, but the pair was stopped at the gate by the ornery keeper. "Gate's closed, boyo," he said to Barlai, his eyes trained on something outside the wall. "Can't let ya through, too dangerous." Barlai rolled his eyes. "You haven't cared before when I would run in and out. Open it, please." The guard turned to face the boy. Towering, he asked, "Are you questioning me boy?" Nervously, he shook his head. "N-n-no, I meant - " The guard struck the boy, and Barlai fell to the ground.