Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Happy birthday to me! [Dragonsong!]

Started by Rhindeer, March 31, 2016, 02:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"I've been told that once or twice, yes," Valor said with a wide smile--a smile that turned ever more amused when she stated she would comply. For something in return.

Wasn't that adorable.

"Darling, you realize you are a slave, correct?" he said. A slave demanding favors of her master! Honestly! What a risky thing for her to say, considering how any other master would react to such a bold demand.

He shook his head but quickly added, "Fortunately, I'm not a dick. Usually. Except when it would be funny. What sort of favor were you thinking? If it's within my power to grant it, then by all means, I don't see why I can't honor it."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DragonSong

Her eyes hardened with determination. "My brother," she said simply. "We were...separated a few months ago. As far as I know, he's still in Essyrn."

A rather wicked smile twitched her lips up on one side. "And I'm quite aware of my position. But evidently your friend didn't talk much with the man who was selling me- I'm not really a slavish sort of slave. And I can make this charade a whole lot easier for you if I'm getting something out of it."

Honestly, with another man she might have been more cautious, but with this new master- she had a feeling a bit of boldness might actually work in her favor. It seemed to amuse him, at any rate.

Rhindeer

Valor turned to look at her fully then, surprise in his eyes.

"And you want...what? For me to deliver your brother from Essyrn?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DragonSong

"Yes."

Her eyes suddenly softened, the walls coming down just for a moment to show the hurt, the grief, and the barest flash of hope at the idea that he may be able to help her.

"Please." Her voice was quiet. "There has to be something you can do. Anything."

Rhindeer

Valor frowned at that and rested his chin in his hand, rubbing thoughtfully. He wasn't usually one for selfless acts, but...shit. it was the damned eyes, the begging. That flash of hope. And whatever, he had money, right? Contacts. Hell, maybe he could use this to his advantage, get an excuse to get out of Serendipity for a while and visit Essyrn.

It was supposed to be a true den of iniquity with a lot of nearly-naked people and wickedly wonderful booze and drugs.

He had no idea how he was supposed to find a single slave in a vast nation, but whatever. It wasn't like he had to succeed. He just had to try. Who knew? This could be fun.

Finally, he shrugged. "Yeah, I could probably figure out something," he said, looking at her. "No guarantees I'll succeed, but I can try. That good enough for you?"

DragonSong

Ka'lei could have cried with relief. Her eyes actually welled up and she clenched them shut, taking in a shivering sort of breath before whispering, "Thank you."

There was such raw gratitude in her voice it even surprised her a bit. "So. Ahem." She cleared her throat and glanced away, taking a few breaths to get ahold of herself. Looking back to him, her eyes were once again bold and calculating, with just a hint of mischief.

"Seems we've got a deal, milord. Or should I call you husband or something now?"

Rhindeer

Now that Valor actually thought about it, this deal was sounding better and better! He could go to Essyrn with the excuse of needing her father's approval for her hand in marriage, and in doing so he could explore a whole new culture--and its beautiful, beautiful people--and also avoid his family. Actually, this was bloody well perfect! Gods, he was a genius!

So while Ka'lei teared up, Valor merely grinned and reached out boldly and brushed a thumb against the corner of her eye, catching one of those tears before it escaped. "Husband will do nicely. I actually like the sound of that, wife."

And his grin turned mischievous as he gave her a thorough once over. "You know, I know little about Essyrni culture, but in our culture at least, marriages must be consummated." And he gave her a saucy wink.

DragonSong

Ka'lei froze as his hand touched her cheek, wiped away an almost-tear, but she didn't pull away.

His flirting inspired a quick, short laugh and she arched an eyebrow at him. "Even fake marriages, husband?" She crinkled her nose at him and tossed his hair, then baited, "Honestly, I'm not sure you could handle it, mister posh lordling."

She really wasn't sure where the playfulness was coming form- maybe the chance of seeing her brother again- but it felt damn good.

Rhindeer

Valor snorted and reached up to fix his mussed hair. "I don't see why fake marriages shouldn't count, miss fluffy birdling," he teased right back. "There's a first for everything! And wings are definitely new for me."

He held his arm out to her and cocked an eyebrow. "Hang on my arm and act like you love me, now. We're going to meet the cook, and she's the biggest gossip ever."

DragonSong

She nodded like a soldier receiving orders and took his arm. "Got it."

A soft clearing of her throat- then she melted into him, seeming an entirely different person, all wide eyes, batting lashes, and pouty lips. She tossed her hair and giggled, hugging his arm to her breast and tucking her head into his shoulder.

"Like this?" she asked softly out of the corner of her mouth. 

Rhindeer

It was like she'd gone and become a completely different person.

Valor stared at her, his eyebrows lifted clear to his hairline, and blinked several times in disbelief.

She did that...almost too well. It was kind of unsettling! Though he couldn't say he minded the placement of his arm.

"That's...that's so perfect, it's a little scary, to be honest," he said with a laugh as he drew her along. "Have you had much practice?"

DragonSong

Ka'lei blinked at him innocently, but there was something hard in her eyes. "Do you really wanna know, or are you just asking?" she quipped with a little toss of her hair.

After a moment she admitted, "I've had practice. Lots. But only recently." Before that, she could get away with being herself because Kai was there.

Rhindeer

"Well, thank the gods for that," Valor said with a grin. "Keep it up, at least a little longer."

But hopefully not too much longer. While Valor did love having a pretty woman hanging all over his arm and making bedroom eyes at him, it was a little unsettling coming from Ka'lei, especially with how easily she could just fall in and out of the roll! Yikes.

Assured by her behavior, he lead the way to the end of the kitchen, to the great hearth where a rotund older woman was currently stirring a massive pot, her back to them. Valor cleared his throat.

"Hey, Ennis, I know I missed breakfast, but think you can whip me up something quick and greasy?" Valor called to her, and the woman gave him a slow, very knowing glance from over her shoulder. "And something less greasy and more decadent for my little desert rose here, eh?"

With a low sigh, Ennis turned around and fixed them both with a look, her eyebrows raised at the sight of Ka'lei. Then she snorted, rolled her eyes, and turned back to her pot. "A slave now, my lord? That's sleazy, even for you."

"A slave? Why Ennis, don't be so judgmental! This is Ka'lei of Essyrn, and my beloved! I'll have you know she's a slave no more. In fact, she's to be my bride."

That got Ennis to whip her head back around so fast she was likely to get whiplash. "It was love at first sight, Ennis, let me tell you. Isn't that right, my little desert rose?" Valor added, with an affectionate stroke of Ka'lei's cheek.

DragonSong

She had to bite her tongue not to quip something at the cook when she was apparently dismissed as merely a slave by the woman- luckily she wasn't really looking at her and didn't see the sour expression on the younger woman's face.

But then she was back in character, leaning into Valor's side with a shy little giggle and even turning to hide her face against his shoulder when he announced point blank that she was going to be his bride.

Well she certainly couldn't fault him for not being direct.

She leaned into his hand as he stroked her cheek, batting her eyes and smiling at him with what she hoped was an expression of rapture. "Oh yes. Like the stars aligned," she breathed, playing up her Essyrni accent a bit.

Leaning in to kiss his cheek, she murmured wryly, "Desert rose? Really?"

Rhindeer

Valor couldn't help but grin. "Why, you're as lovely as one, so it's fitting, don't you think?" he whispered back.

Ennis was just staring at the two of them with increasing levels of visible disgust. With a scoff and a roll of her eyes, she waved her hands at them to shoo them away. "Save it for your bedchamber!" she said. "Go on, get outta here! I can't fix your breakfast with you two being all disgusting together, it'll curdle the milk."

With a beaming smile, Valor blew Ennis a kiss. "Thank you, sweetness!"

"Off with you!"

Still snickering, Valor tugged Ka'lei along, leading her out of the kitchen. "Why, if I didn't already know the truth, I might have been worried I really did steal your heart."

DragonSong

Ka'lei had to bite back a chuckle as she accused in a whisper, "Flirt," before the cook was shooing them back out of the kitchen.

She did laugh once they were out of earshot though, giving Valor a wry look. "Not my heart, but certainly my interest," she admitted. "And honestly, that was kinda fun. Did you see her face?"

She giggled and tossed her hair, feathers shivering though she didn't seem to notice. Still holding her newest master's arm to her chest, she "hmm"ed quietly and tilted her head at him. "How many more times do ya figure we'll have to do that today?"

Rhindeer

"Oh, many, many more times, I imagine!" Valor said with a wide grin. "The way Cook blabs, the whole kingdom will know by high noon. I wouldn't have it any other way."

Giving Ka'lei a curious look as her feathers caught his eye, he reached out and passed a hand over them lightly. He hadn't had much time to properly inspect them, or appreciate them, and now that he was sobering he had to admit, they really had his curiosity.

"Wings, huh?" he said, almost to himself. "Hope you don't mind this, I just don't think I'm ever gonna get over the fact that you have wings."

DragonSong

Her eyes suddenly widened and she gave a rather girlish squeal, his touch making her jump and twist to face him.

No one touched her wings. Not like that anyway- she didn't let them. Sure, he'd been cuddled up against them last night, but they'd both been half asleep. Kai was the only person who'd ever stroked her feathers like that, and that was usually when they preened.

But oddly, it felt...sort of nice. She shuffled her feathers again and ducked her head, flushing a bit for the sound she'd made. "Er, yeah. I, um...ahem. A gift from a Yoreiqi father," she muttered by way of explanation.

Rhindeer

WHOA!

Valor about jumped out of his skin when she squealed and jerked, snapping his hand away from her as quickly as if he'd been burned. For a split second, he thought he'd hurt her; he knew bird wings were delicate, their bones fragile. Had he just broken her?! Bruised her? Maybe she was already injured there and he'd just hit a sensitive spot!

Heart in his throat and apologies on the tip of his tongue, he was about ready to spill them all out, "I'm sor--!"

Until he noticed her blush.

A blush.

...Oh ho ho.

That hadn't been a squeal of pain.

He clamped down against the apologies, a slow, sly smile replacing wide-eyed panic. "I see," he said, and flicked a look at her wings. "I also take it they're...sensitive?"

DragonSong

Midnight blue eyes blinked at him for a moment, almost dumbfounded. "Um..." She sort of wanted to take a step back from him, but at the same time didn't want to show any sort of weakness- retreat was a sign of weakness.

So she flipped her hair over her shoulder and tried to ignore the way her wings were still shivering delicately. "Maybe. What of it?" So what if he knew her wings were sensitive? It's not like it was a secret or something. Plenty of her old masters had taken advantage of that, once they figured it out.

Just...no one had ever stroked them. She'd come to expect pain from a touch to her wings, not...whatever the hell that tingling sensation was.

Tags: