Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Anguish's Plotting Thread

Started by Anguish, June 20, 2015, 01:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguish

Hey all! I'm new to SotE and currently only have one two three characters done, Zyra Blackwood, Auriel Storm and Sylas Maverick. Anyone interested in getting some plots going?

Edit: Added Auriel & Sylas to the list.

This thread will be updated as I add more characters. Characters will be removed from this list once they have three or more ongoing threads. Listed here or not, all my characters are always open for new threads.

Ice

Hello there . I have some characters who could work well with yours.

For Zyra I  have chase my mothman. he is not that social himself. though he would be a bit wary of her at first because he fears females. I also have phears who is a complete creeper who could also meet her.

For Auriel I have chromos my roc. he is strange and thinks that he is female. I also have zenos my flirty phoenix who could also meet her.

Aleron

I'd love to do a thread with Auriel. Depending on what type of story you'd like, I have different characters. If you want just a close friendship, I have Anadale, who's a young Mage who had a similar personality. If you want a romantic or just normal slice-of-life, I have Michael, and if you want an adventure (that could maybe be romantic) I have Lucas. There's others too, if you want to take a look. I have a link to my character catalogue in my signature.

Bleeding Phoenix

I read your character profiles this morning and would like to RP with Auriel and/or Zyra.

Auriel could run into and potentially befriend my multitalented craftswoman/shopkeeper/occasional adventurer Tylein or my talking hummingbird Emyr. Or possibly my friendly day vampire Dulcian. If she ever passes through Connlaoth she may run into trouble with Celaindra.

I don't play a lot of villainous types yet but if you want complicated friendships, grey areas, conflict and/or battle threads for Zyra I'm game. Possibly Kostyin, Kailash or Tylein. All three are major travelers so location is no barrier.

Anguish

@Aleron Honestly I like all three of those ideas. Is there one in particular you like best? Michael x Auriel seem like they would get along really well in my opinion, at least after they got to know each other a bit first! Anadale could also be really fun since Auriel is a pretty powerful mage and that seems to be Anadale's goal from my understanding. Also they seem like they would get along well.

@Bleeding Phoenix Celaindra x Auriel could be fun, partially just because I like to put my characters in sticky situations and then try to get them out of them ;D. If you're more interested in a friendship thread, her and Tylein might get along nicely. For Zyra, I think Kailash would be the best option for a thread. She doesn't play well with others (unless they're very similar in personality and motives to her), so I see conflict as the best option for now if you want a thread with her.

@Ice This is a tough one. Zyra would likely try to kill Chase if he annoyed her too much, but if he was persistent enough just PERHAPS he could convince her to let him follow her around. Phears could potentially work, but she'd still be hostile at first. If you're looking for more of a conflict thread, she'll start a conflict with anyone she feels like, so that's easy. For Auriel, Zenos is the best option in my opinion. She can get along with almost anyone, but I think they are the most compatible out of these options.

Let me know what you guys think.

Aleron

I think a nice laidback slice-of-life with Michael x Auriel would be nice. I'll PM you to set it up.

Ice

@Anguish  maybe we could try Zyra and phears together.  he would be more willing for conflict if it came to that.

Alright then Zenos it is. he would be willing to befriend her and all of that.

Anguish

@Aleron Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out for the PM.

@Ice I'll PM you in a little bit and we can discuss possible ideas.

Zero

Sylas intrigues me. Reminds me of a character from The Wheel of Time series that I love so much. In fact, he reminds me of my favorite character from the series.

I don't currently have any ideas, except maybe on each of their travels Sylas and Elysia might run into each other at some point.

Anguish

@Moonie I think it's definitely possible for them to run into each other, but how would it happen? Would he be able to convince her to play a game, or would they meet completely by chance?

Zero

Well Elysia is a bard, and he's a gambler, so I would say they might meet in the common room of an inn. Him gambling and her performing. I'm not sure she's much of a gambler, but he might convince her to let him teach her a game or two?

Bleeding Phoenix

Quote from: Anguish on June 20, 2015, 09:18:08 AMCelaindra x Auriel could be fun, partially just because I like to put my characters in sticky situations and then try to get them out of them ;D. If you're more interested in a friendship thread, her and Tylein might get along nicely. For Zyra, I think Kailash would be the best option for a thread. She doesn't play well with others (unless they're very similar in personality and motives to her), so I see conflict as the best option for now if you want a thread with her.

Auriel and Celaindra it is! Alright, let's figure out a general sketch of what happens and go from there. It's up to you whether you want her successfully captured or merely on the run, and what (if any) of the stuff that usually goes on with captured magic-users in the Citadel Auriel undergoes. Celaindra's no sadist, but she's known as one of the worst Adharas to be captured by for her inflexible faith.

For Zyra, it depends on the type and degree of conflict you want and what exactly you picture her doing/having done for power so far. 19 is fairly young; unless she's at the point of slaughtering innocents by the dozen, Kailash would be extremely reluctant to use force. If he knows there's a history of trauma, he's also going to take that into account.

Anguish

@Bleeding Phoenix OK, I'll PM you and we can come up with some ideas.

Anguish

Update: Welcome Zero to the list of characters! She's now ready and open for anything.