Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Scholar of the Arcane [Open]

Started by Morgan Droud, November 03, 2016, 08:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan Droud

"This seems to be the inside of a storage crystal. Basically, another world made for the sole purpose to store things you can't fit anywhere else."

Tapping the crystal below him, Esderand lay down and stared at the ceiling.

"Last time I was here, the research on making it usable for human imprisonment had been underway, but I classified it as forbidden."

His face changed imto a frown as he thought about it.

"I mean, this is pretty much a perfect prison."

Ice

Vega frowned at him as he spoke. She was not very happy to hear that they were trapped here. She really did not like the idea of being in this place forever. Though she was human enough to know that panicking would do no good. She moved to where she could wrap her hands around her knees. Something she did when she was upset.

"So what we do? Just sit here?" She now asked him with a frown. She then looked around again. " Such a strange and scary place." She said to herself. Though her words were loud enough to be heard. She curled up tighter as she thought about how bad this situation really was. At least it was bad to her.

Morgan Droud

"Well, most of the crystal would shatter if they were brought inot the proximity of a Mordecai, or if an excessive amount of Arcane energy was introduced, but since we don't seem to have either of those around..."

He sat up and looked over at the wall, lost in thought.

"Though, since we're inside it, could breaking the walls work?"

Ice

Vega looked at the man as he spoke.  he seemed to be talking mostly to himself so she just listed and nodded slightly. She was not sure what else to do right then. Then she thought about what he was saying. She wondered if doing something like that could get them in more trouble.

"Think might make it worse?" She asked softly. She did not want to end up in a worse place then this.

Morgan Droud

"I don't know."

Esderand was torn between the two options. Wait for whoever stuck them there to let them out, or try breaking the walls to see what happened. Safety or the chance to try something no one had ever done before. He was leaning towards the latter, but he felt like that may be an abnormal way of thinking.

"You have an opinion on this?"

Ice

Vega looked at him for a second. Then she looked back to the wall across from them. She was starting to think that breaking out might be their only option. After all it struck her that whoever got them here might not ever let them out again. That meant that they could die in this place. She really didn't want that to happen.

"Vega think us should try to break out.  Might not get let out. " She told him with a nod. She wondered how much force it would take to get them out of here. Probably quite a bit.

Morgan Droud

"Ok then!."

Esderand raised his hand and pointed at the wall. Closing his eyes, he called forth an orb of fire, the deadly flames created to blast through all barriers.

Yet it would not come.

Ice

Vega was quite as she watch him as he apparently tried to use his magic. But it didn't seem to want to work. She then wondered if this place was magic proof. It was very possible after all.

" Vega think no use magic. Place no let it work." She said softly. Though she was kind of afaid that she'd upset him by saying that.

Morgan Droud

"Huh?"

Esderand opened his eyes and stared at the wall. There were no markings, magical or otherwise, to hint at his attempted spell.

"Then, brute force? No idea how I'd do that though..."

Frowning, he returned to his seat on the ground, continuing his study of the wall.

Ice

Vega herself was not sure how she could help. She did have enhanced strength but she was not sure if she would be strong enough break though there's walls. And she could not let the beast out to do it. It would probably try to kill the man instead.

"Vega have lots strength but no that much. Monster does but monster probably try to hurt you." She said softly. She did want to help but she knew that it was never wise to release the beast unless she had no other choice.

Morgan Droud

"Well, it's probably best to try at least."

Still staring at the wall, Esderand guestired over at Vega.

"And I have a theory on this "Beast" of yours. We refer to it as Feral Lycanthrope, for the wolf variant at least. Transfiguration into a beast, and a loss of the mind. That sound right?"

Ice

What the man said made Vega blink a little bit. She was not used to people wanting her to let the monster out. Though she knew that this was probably a situation that was a little different. They had to get out of here somehow. She then listened as counties to speak. It sounded like he knew at least a little bit about what she was.

" That right. And when beast come out it stay until it get tired. Sometimes lasts for little while. Sometimes last long while. Depend how mad beast gets" she told him now. She figured it was safe to tell him about the monster. He didn't seem to want to hurt her.

Morgan Droud

"Well, if we play it right, maybe it can break us out of here."

Esderand stood and dusted off his robes, turning toward Vega.

"If you change, I can stop time sround me, and you won't be able to reach me. If trapped in a confined space, most creatures will try to break free, and we can use that to our advantage."

Ice

Vega thought about what the man was saying. She supposed magic could stop the beast. She didn't see why it could not work.

" Okay tell Vega when want to have it come out. Just hope you don't get hurt. Would not be very good." She said to him. She wanted the young man to be ready when the monster came out. Because she knew how bad the creature could hurt people. This was why she lived like she did.

Morgan Droud

"All right."

As he calmed his mind, Esderand prepared himself for what came next. Freezing time was easy, but stopping his own time was a horrifying experience. If anything went wrong, there were no second chances.

"OK, Any time now is fine."

He released the spell, and everything ended as he was disconnected from the world.

[He's gone until the crystal breaks, so everything else is on you.]

Ice

Vega nodded when he said that he was ready. She shivered as she felt the monster comming out now. She gave a growl as she kneeled down. The sound of cloths tearing and bones cracking sounded through out the place. Soon the monster was revealed. It was a huge bear like creature that stood on her place.

She looked around growling as she observed where she was. Suddenly she charge straight at one of the walls. Her intention was to bust through it by useing all her strength to ram the wall.

(( Alrighty))

Morgan Droud

[POV of a nameless and unimportant Scholar of the Tower]

The nameless and unimportant Scholar of the Tower wasn't having the best day. After a catastrophic failure in his laboratory led to an otherworldly evil being summoned onto this plane of existence, research had to be put on hold until an agreement could be formed with the ancient evil.

He had taken this time to stop by the storerooms in the basement, to see if he could find anything else useful for the continuation of his experiments, but had yet to locate anything worthwhile. The basement was just too filled with things, and unless you were willing to spend a few months searching, you would be going purely on luck.

And his wasn't the best. As he cast aside a staff he had been checking, a loud crack came from somewhere to his left. When he looked over, he saw a small green storage crystal, and a small spiderweb of cracks coming from it. As he watched, the cracks spread, until the crystal was completely covered in them.

As he turned away, to report this to one of the Sentinels, the crystal exploded, shards flying throughout the enclosed space. One of them impalled itself in the Scholar's head, and everything went black.

Ice

The monster was surprised as she noted that the crystal broke. However there was then a huge explosion and bright light. Then she was out for several moments. While the monster was out it change in to its human form again. However since she had changed into the beast she was now in very shredded cloths. As still out for the moment.

Morgan Droud

[Omniscent being refered to as narrator POV]

Under normal circumstances, the arcane energy released by the destruction of a arcane crystal would have been obvious to all the Scholars in the vicinity, but by a sheer stroke of luck, as the crystal shattered, a young Divine in the Tower's library unintentionally callled upon a Divine of an ancient kingdom, and was dragged away, while the Divine energy released masked the arcane emissions.

Zenaku

((I think with Convenience on top of Convenience, good time to throw my hat in the ring))

Teleportation, a mages way of travel to those who practice such art of bending space, Sadly Zen's style of spell casting does not involve bending space to end up from location A to location B, but more of momentarily removing the rule of space and distance and just be there. Problem is, without ANY rules of space, the exact location is up to luck. Luckily Zen has found themselves in what looked, and felt, like an Arcane College or repository. Taking in the surroundings, Zen would notice it seemed to be a store room of sorts with a corpse of an unlucky fellow with a crystal in his skull and a girl with shredded clothing.

"First off, Kinky; followed by a question of were am I. I was trying to end up in a library, should have specified, doubt it would have helped. Am I interrupting a murder?"