Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Scholar of the Arcane [Open]

Started by Morgan Droud, November 03, 2016, 08:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

As Vega came to she blinked several times trying to focus on where she was at. Her head kind of hurt at the moment. She wondered where the strange man had ened up going. The the voice of anouther made her jump and give a grow l.she did not know if the man was one of the ones who trapped them or not.

Morgan Droud

[POV of the lazy guard who sucks at his job]

In front of the basement, one of the Tower's Guards stood guarding the door. That was his job, and he was good at it, save one minor detail.

He still had no idea what he was guarding against.

The Scholars visited the basement daily, but that was normal. A lot of useful things were stored there, but no real research was done. And that was good, as their research often led to people dying painfully, otherworldly evils being called from their ancient slumber, and the occasional flashy burst of light.

Compared to the Sentinels stationed up above, this job was heaven.

Leaning up agonst the wall, he closed his eyes and took a short nap. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

Zenaku

"No need to get defensive, I am just trying to asset the situation as I have no idea what is going in or even were I am. Can you speak my tounge or can you only growl?"

Zen asked, looking around the place as they slowly moved around the room, slowly circling the girl, trying to show they mean no harm by not making sudden moves, similiar to a wild animal.

"Is it just you, well just you now?"

Ice

Vega blinked as she got more focused on what the man was now telling her. She stopped growling and looked at him. "Vega can talk. No very good but some. " She said to him softly. It was then she realized that perhaps her shredded clothes were a bit revealing. She put her arm over her chest as she watched the start person before her.

" There was someone with Vega. No know where him is now." She said in response to the question that was asked to her now. She really had no idea what happened after she had let the monster out.

Zenaku

"Hm, well pray tell what has happened here? From the looks of it either a spell went . . . unplanned or a wizard battle broke out with Gem Head here being the loser.  and you do not have to be so modest, I once tried to cast a spell to clean my clothes, messed up my wording and created a new set of clothes on myself. . . from the surrounding cloth. . . so others clothing. do you know were this  aforementioned someone is? was it Gem Head?"

Morgan Droud

The spell Esderand had cast was quite simple. For a period of time, everything within the spell would be frozen, unable to interact with the rest of the world. To any living entities within the area of effect, the return would be similar to a teleportation, except without the change of space.

However, due to the modifications he had made when casting it, the spell had changed slightly. Instead of focusing the return on an empty point of space, he had set it on Vega, allowing him to follow her to the normal world.

Unfortunately, he still arrived at the relative point from where he had cast the spell, which ended up with him unfreezing direcly in front of the basement door, and right next to the sleeping guard, almost waking him up as he quickly backed away.

Ice

Vega listined as the man spoke to her now. She was not really sure what had happened herself.  So she tried to explain that to the strange man  "All Vega know that someone use strange magic to trap vega and man  strange place where .could not get out.  him told tell vega to let the monster vega held inside out. When Vega woke up was here. " She said to him now.

She then glanced at the dead Man and shook her head " Man is gone no know where him is. That not him though" she to him now. It obviously clear that she was confused.

Zenaku

"Hm, sounds like a similar position I am in, just got here and have no clue what is going on. Shall we leave this room and try to find your ally? he can not have gotten far. . . I hope, My teleportation spell rarely position swaps. like a 1 in 20 chance of happening. I assume you know how to get out of this storage room?"

Zen asked, motioning to the door which they assume was the entrance/exit to the place before seeming to get distracted and began to root through the dead man's pockets and clothing for 'loot'.

"Wonder if the local Magi are the Spell weaving kind or Book casters."