Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Night the Fire Fell (aka "I F***** The Mage Out Of Him") (Alkereth & Emery) [M]

Started by Avelithe, December 19, 2022, 06:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avelithe

"It took me a long time to realize the Aetherians weren't... right. Having been exposed to many different cultures, and people, it broadened my mind. But... yes. I agree wholeheartedly. You're proof that you can change, but the Aetherians are hard pressed to keep to their ancient values. I think because my mother was in an unusual position, nobody could do anything about me without provoking her wrath."

Emery's playful touching tickled Alkereth; he giggled in that stupid way he does, squirming delightedly. "Do you want me to keep going, or is my neck that enticing to you?" Unbelievable! What were they even arguing about a few hours ago? He forgot.

"Yes, High Priest Fyarrimor—that was his name—favored me, and endorsed my studies. He was a powerful man, and quite, ah... progressive which made him unpopular, especially with the empire. Oh, but that's a huge political hole I don't want to push you in. Long story short, he liked that I was different. I suppose putting me in a position of power, young as I was, would help change the world. Fate had other ideas." Alkereth's voice lowered mysteriously, enjoying the effect he was giving.

"I was not a High Priest for long."

Rhindeer

"Ah, right! No, no, keep going, I'll behave! Hands to myself!" Emery jerked her hand away and wrapped her arms around her knees instead just to prove it, though yes, his reaction was enticing. She had always been the handsy, physical sort, and it was difficult not to just touch him all the time, even casually. Especially when he was so damned cute about it.

Yeah...she also long forgotten that she was supposed to be pissed at him, or even the reason for it.

Alkereth said he didn't want to go down that political rabbit hole, but Emery hung into the word "empire", because for some reason even though she knew he came from a different world...she was still having a hard time conceptualizing that. Empire gave it even more weight. An entire nation. She could imagine that because she knew how big Connlaoth was and had traveled only a portion of it. A nation, though...a nation that was part of a world. Trying to imagine another world as big as her own with its own political dramas was...a lot.

She wanted to know everything, was chomping at the bit to throw a million questions at him, but forced herself to rein it in. They had time, after all. Don't overwhelm the man!

"What changed?" she asked. "I mean, I know you obviously became a Harbinger at some point. Was that the reason or...something else?" And then, curious, she added, "How old were you?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Avelithe

"Aside from my fellow priests conspiring to assassinate me?" Alkereth snickered. It was hardly anything to feel mirth about, but talking about it out loud felt so... funny to him.

"I did mention that there were some priests who were less than amused about my rise to High Priesthood. It didn't take long before a dissent to remove me began to take root. I had prophetic visions about their little game, and made plans of my own. I was going to... take matters into my own hands, and confront them head on. Of course, that entire plan fell through when Lunrath made her presence known... right in the middle of a very important ritual."

Alkereth stared skyward, exposing his throat. "She came to me as a light, and I mistook her for the moonlight wife-goddess. Then I heard her voice. I had a split-second decision to make. Let go of everything I knew, and begin a life anew as a Harbinger. Under the circumstances, the decision was easy. And one I don't regret." He paused, and looked at Emery sheepishly. "I was fifty-two when I left."

Rhindeer

Ahhh, there it was. Figured his fellow priests wouldn't be pleased about a 'demon child' being their leader. Emery grumbled something under her breath that sounded like, "Cowards," and squeezed her knees a little tighter to resist the urge to touch him, not wanting to disrupt him. Prophetic visions, though? Had he mentioned that before?

She opened her mouth as he got to Lunrath, eager to hear more about that: what was the ritual? Did she just...whisk him away right there? What did his people even think of all that? But she had barely formed the words when she found herself choking on them, her breath coming out as a wheeze when he said...

WHAT.

She snapped a look up at him so sharply she about broke her neck, her eyes saucer wide. "Excuse me?"

Fiffy-two. Fifty-two when he left. Oh for fuck's sake! Emery stared him up and down and back again as though searching for answers or signs of teasing, her eyes finally settling on that gorgeous face that was all youthful and devoid of wrinkles or age. 

No fucking way. 

She cleared her throat and leaned her cheek onto her hand, elbow propped up on her knee, a weak smile on her lips. "I'm sorry. Fifty-two...what, exactly?" she managed to squeak out.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Avelithe

The reaction was expected. Coiling into himself, he wondered if he should have spoken the truth, or come up with a lie. TRUTHFUL Open-book policy, he reminded himself. That didn't stop him from being a little defensive.

"Don't you have... I don't know..." Alkereth sighed, exasperated. "People that live hundreds of years on this godforsaken planet? Is it really that shocking? Ugh. In years, Emery. I'm still young! Aetherians are long-lived."

Then a nasty realization hit him like an ice-cold bucket to the face. It was not a nice thought, and one he was not eager to discuss out loud. Swallowing fiercely, he managed a little smile, punching that awful thought into some forgotten recess of his mind.

"But, yes. Cowards. Yes." A grasping attempt to steer the conversation back, but Alkereth knew his ginger companion wouldn't let this matter go away easily. After all, she did let an "old guy" sleep with her...

Rhindeer

"Well, yes, sure!" Emery waved her hands, grasping for a way to convey her thoughts. "There's long-lived races, of course. You know, elves and fae and shit. But you don't look—I mean, they don't either I suppose, but—oh, hell's bells, I'm just surprised is all. You look human. I was expecting, I don't know, mid twenties? I honestly thought I was older..."

She flushed as she admitted it, scratching the side of her neck. "Makes sense, the way you talk about all your deeds. Sounds like a long list, like...I was trying to puzzle out how you managed to cram in being both a High Priest and a monster-slaying Harbinger before your thirties, so...there we go."

His attempt at steering the conversation elsewhere predictably failed. He wasn't weaseling out of this.

"So..." she said, giving him a sidelong look, still trying to process this. "Uh...how old are you now?"

And then she elbowed him lightly, lifting an eyebrow. "Cradle-robber."

Avelithe

Alkereth felt relief that Emery had not succumbed to a complete meltdown, so it made discussing it easier on him. He offered a little uncomfortable smile.

"Oh. Right. And I seem to recall that the brothel had elves. Elves aren't really a... new concept... but it's... oh, that is... a topic best left for another time. Perhaps over strong beer." Alkereth looked uncertain. He wanted to touch on something that he was not sure if Emery would take well, especially since it gave the average person a massive dose of existential dread.

"Anyway, I suppose in some way, I am human. Evolved differently, maybe. Alas... Aetherians think themselves too good to call themselves something so barbaric as 'human'." Alkereth scoffed. "I mean—look at us. We're anatomically similar. I'm completely fine calling myself human." He shrugged nonchalantly at this. As far as he was concerned, his pride was never in his blood.

"Ehh... I spent several years of my youth as a lowly priest, but... to be fair, I was still considered a little 'too young' to take on a distinguished position. We're deemed too inexperienced. It's a fair assessment, if I'm honest."

Emery asked the question, and he'd be lying if he said he didn't see it coming. It still gave him pause as he took the question into unnecessary consideration, but then smirk at her jab about being a 'cradle robber'. She did not just say that!

"Honestly, Emery? I... I don't know how old I am."

He let the words hang in the air without meaning to, and quickly added:

"Time is a fickle thing in the business of Harbingers. It's not the same wherever I go. One year is different from another. So... I lost track. If I had to guess, just by gut feeling, I'm probably well beyond one-hundred. But, but," he said, quicker still, "I can pretend to be younger than you, if it please you. I can be... what's the average young-ish age? Twenty-five, you mentioned earlier? Yes, I am twenty-five. And you? How old are you?"

God. They were JUST NOW discussing their ages.

Rhindeer

Emery snickered and bit back the urge to comment that she was intimately aware of their anatomical similarities and compatibilities. She knew what he meant, though, and it was...reassuring? She'd never had any reason to believe he looked down on her or others from the way he acted, but it was nice to hear it anyway as she tried to wrap her brain around everything she was learning.

And then he went and dropped another doozy: he didn't know.

Except then he had to casually add that he was probably well beyond one-hundred, as though estimating a number that big was no crazier than announcing what one had for breakfast.

Emery's mouth hung open. "Well beyond one-hundred?" she croaked, and couldn't help but fall into a fit of incredulous laughter, burying her face against her knees. Oh, sure, she had talked with elven folk and such before...a few of which were detainees. Connlaoth wasn't exactly a desirable destination for them, but they were there all the same. But this was different. Clearly age was not as impactful for his people as it was for hers, because then he went and suggested a Solution.

"What? That's not how it works!" And it only made her laugh harder, rubbing her face with her hands. "Oh my God. You can't just...decide to...fucking hell, listen, it's--it's fine. It's totally fine! Don't make it weird! Unless you're into that? Pfffft..."

She didn't even know why this was so funny. Some combination of her own shock and Alkereth's ridiculousness, probably! When he asked after her, she almost didn't want to tell him. Would he find it weird? 

Face still buried in her hands, she snorted. "Heh. I'm, ahem. Twenty-seven." A drop in the bucket compared to him. Her shoulders shook, still caught up in astonished mirth, and she finally looked up at him. "Holy fuck. Listen, I've been with a few older men but I have to say...first time it's been a, what is it? Eighty-ish year difference? It was usually like ten. First time I've bagged myself a silver fox, too. Eleven out of ten, would bed again."

Avelithe

"Well, why not? Nobody here knows me, except you. I can literally come up with a new name (which I did, of course; what was it again, Alan-something?) and an age that Connlaoth can be happy with!" Alkereth narrowed his eyes when made fun of. "Are you mocking me? No. No, it's not that serious." He sighed loudly. "Silver what, now? What game is this?" He subconsciously ran a hand over the thick waves of his ghost-white hair, feeling himself trying to suppress a grin.

"Twenty-seven. Obviously, a person well beyond maturity—well, for SOME of you, anyway..." He flinched, his mouth tracing into the perfect shit-eating grin; he figured that Emery might react to his comeback.

"You are a wicked thing, making promises like that. But you're MY wicked thing," he added, wagging a finger in her direction, then pinching her nose in good fun. His tone sobered. "Now you know me." His movements slowed, less playful, but more soft in the way he glided his hands along her arms. "And I know you."

He was leaning into her, slightly drunk from the banter and overall unexpected happiness the conversation brought him. A powerful desire to taste her lips overwhelmed him; he needed her quite plainly as the sky needed the sun. "May I kiss you?"

Rhindeer

Thoroughly amused by him and how easy he was to ruffle, Emery rolled her eyes and had been about to concede that fine, fiiiiine, he could be the younger of their duo if he really wanted that, but then the tables turned and he was teasing her.

"What's that supposed to mean? I'm a fully mature adult human woman who's totally got her life all together and sorted, I don't know what you're talking about." 

And as he waggled that finger and pinched her nose, drawing an indignant squawk from her, she fully proved her maturity by snapping her teeth at his hand as he drew it away. But then the sudden change in his tone froze her, his touch no longer playful but tender, and she blinked up at him and met his eyes.

Holy shit. How did he do that? Make her skin flush and belly flutter with just a look and four words? It was silly...it wasn't really a question she'd been asked or asked herself, because she generally put herself in situations where the question wasn't "can I kiss you?" but rather "wanna fuck?" Hell, he should know the answer already! But for some reason the sweetness of it caught her off guard, her breath quickening along with her heart.

What the hell.

"You don't need my permission," she said at last and, taking up his invitation, she scooted and draped herself sideways across his lap, her legs over his, and leaned up into him. With her arms looped loosely over his shoulders, she drew their faces close together until her lips were a hair's breadth from his—but right when it seemed she would close the distance, she nuzzled their noses together instead. Indeed, whatever anger she had felt earlier was just a memory. It was impossible to stay angry with him—even back when she was trying so hard to hate him. 

"I already gave it to you."

Her lips quirked into a smirk as her fingers played with the hair at his neck, knowing full well how sensitve he was there. She itched to feel his mouth on hers, needy with anticipation especially after all the heaviness—but since he'd asked so nicely, she left that up to him. 

"Don't think this means you're off the hook," she added with a knowing look. "This interrogation isn't over."

Avelithe

"Oh, really? Is that so?" Alkereth couldn't be stopped; he was already nuzzling into her neck and planting soft kisses as she moved into him, playful in his approach, but a little more measured as he trailed his lips to rest on her's. And there he lingered, letting himself dive into the thrill of her lips, even allowing his hands to wonder—

But the happy little bubble they wrapped themselves in popped, and a mildly irate Alkereth broke off to glower.

"But I dun wanna," he mumbled. Who was the immature one, now? "But you're right. I haven't quite scratched the surface, and we've a lot of ground to cover... but it's a lot of it of boring stuff," he insisted. "But you got me all in a good mood... damn..."

He shifted uncomfortably, but not because Emery's legs was over his, but because the taste of her lips manifested his excitement down south. Emery might even be able to tell. But to show that he was not annoyed with her legs on him, he wrapped his arms around her to keep her there.

"Open book," he said out loud, more to himself. "Where did I leave off, anyway? We got side-tracked... but I'm afraid I may have difficulty staying focused. You're a blazing sun that I want to bask in." He said this with a sloppy grin, unable to help himself.

Rhindeer

God, Alkereth was terrible—but so was she. As he kissed and teased and finally sealed his lips to hers, Emery almost forgot all about the 'interrogation' she had just finished warning him about. For all that she was taking the news better than even she would have expected, it was still...a lot to wrap her head around. And though she was doing a good job hiding it, retelling the worst day of her life had left her bloody exhausted. She didn't realize how much she needed the distraction of his touch until she was clinging to him with her fingers curled in his hair, nibbling his lips hungrily and shivering as those hands traveled—

Alkereth pulled away abruptly and Emery found herself eating her words as a small, frustrated whine escaped her. Ugh. Right, right...she had just said that...goddammit...

She huffed a breath out, blowing some hair out of her eyes. "Boring to you, maybe. But this shit's all new to me! So, you have to tell me everything. That's the deal, remember? Besides," she said slowly, leaning in to brush her lips against his neck, "there is such a thing as multi-tasking, like so."

Oh, she was very aware of his excitement, but it was all the more apparent as she hoisted herself up and over, turning to straddle his lap fully. Arms still looped around his neck, she settled in against him, shifting her hips to grind teasingly against him like the little shit she was. Yes, indeed, she was his wicked thing.

"So. Lunrath," she prompted with a grin, and leaned in to steal another kiss. At least she had a little mercy on him and had stopped her grinding once she got comfortable—though she was fully aware it couldn't be comfortable for him for other reasons.

"Important ritual." Another kiss, right along his jaw. "Lunrath appeared as a light. Go."

Avelithe

Emery proposed a daunting task, and had already positioned herself before her prey could protest. He asked for this. After all, he was unwilling to let her go just moments ago. Even now, his hold on her never wavered. Wincing, he attempted to shift more comfortably, but her straddle made him grow unbearably stiff. He had the sudden urge to undo his trousers, but he couldn't, not with her warm thighs setting his groin ablaze.

Spurred by her eager hands, it was easy to convince her partner to be a willing participant in her nefarious schemes. He met the challenger by placing his trembling hands on her hips, gazing coyly into her face before she kissed him. When she gave him the grace to speak, it was with difficulty to get anything more than a stutter out of his mouth.

"I don't know if... if I c-could tell it... your lips, they're... so warm," he moaned pitifully, already dropping his head back. By God, he was going to try.

"Lunrath... She c-called to me," he murmured, breath hitching when he felt her wonderful lips trailing along his jaw. "And said  I had a choice to make... the choice was easy, I..." He let out a moan.

"And I... I made a choice that... that changed my destiny."

It should have sounded more dramatic, but Alkereth was spiraling happily into the bliss of being his partner's object of attention. So much, in fact, that he seemed to forget what he was talking about, and was already trying to fumble for the ties that kept his trousers up. His knuckles accidentally-on-purpose rubbed between her own thighs.

"For the love of God," he whimpered. "Take me. Please. You set my soul aflame, Emery."

Rhindeer

It was pretty damned adorable watching him try his very hardest. But really, Emery knew she wasn't playing fair. She had years of experience on him and a sadistic streak a mile wide; the game was rigged from the very start.

She had barely touched him and he was already gone, already begging.

God, she loved it.

"What?" she said with an innocent smile, head slightly tilted. "Take you where? Oh, Princess, don't stop now. You're just getting to the good part." She punctuated good part with a gentle smack to his hand as he rubbed between her legs, pushing him away—but really only so he she had full access to his breeches. With practiced ease, she wasted no time tugging the ties loose and freeing his erection, all the while peppering soft kisses down his neck as his head dropped back and gave her the access she wanted.

"Focus now, Alkereth," she murmured, leaning in to nibble at his ear and nip just beneath it. "What happened next?" Her hand brushed against his cock, her breath catching in anticipation as she traced her fingers along him. God, he was warm. When had that happened again?

"Your destiny changed and...?" Finally, she wrapped her hand around his cock and stroked him in long, languid motions, clearly in no rush. Teasing him, keeping him pent up, but not even trying to relieve him. "Come on. Do keep up."

Was she actually interested in his story at this point? Nope. She was interested, absolutely, but she had long abandoned getting anything coherent out of him and was now fully devoted to tormenting him. They could resume later, but for now she was just having fun.

Avelithe

"Truth be told I find you incredibly discouraging. If you want anything more out of me, you'll have to stop touching me in a manner that makes me desperately need you."

But they both knew they were past the point of stopping. Distracted and completely enchanted by Emery's brand of beauty—the power in her arms and stomach, calloused hands, freckled nose, the goading stare, the red of her hair shimmering like fire in sunlight—the perfect recipe to create one melting Alkereth, who was so receptive to her touch, that he succumbed without much else that needed done. Calling him 'Princess', where it once got under his skin, was strangely arousing, too. The hell was wrong with him?

When Emery freed his cock, it bobbed stiffly in anticipation. Stroking him felt so amazing that he struggled with words.

"There's time," he gasped. "Later. At any rate, I am still thinking about your history. Emery Ramaker..." Daring to say her last name again was supposed to be a tease, but the rest of the words died on his lips before he could say much else. His hands got busy on her, caressing and gliding and cupping her small breasts through fabric.

"There's no one here to see, right?" A bit late to ask, but—the trees seemed to offer some cover.

Rhindeer

Goddamn, what was with her? What was with him? What was it about him that made it so damned difficult to keep her hands off of him? Maybe some of it was her usual habit of using sex as a salve, especially after being so emotionally vulnerable and watching him do the same—but she would be lying if she claimed that was the whole of it.

Why was he so mesmerizing?

Even the sound of her full name, intended as a tease, made her shiver a little, hitting different this time than the first. His hands found her breasts and Emery arched into his touch—and the jig was officially up, because fuck, did he realize how desperately she needed him, too? How difficult it was to keep the act up when she just wanted to take him? The fabric of her clothes suddenly felt like too much, too stifling, too hot despite the cool air, and he was entirely too dressed himself.

Her patience quickly unraveled. She needed him now.

His question made her pause, though, and then she couldn't help but give a breathless laugh and roll her eyes skyward. It was the second time he'd been concerned about that and it was never not cute. "Now you're worried?" 

Fair. They were right beside the road, trees or no trees. Emery darted a glance both ways, then shrugged and pulled off her shirt, tossing it playfully at him. Her bindings quickly followed, and then her lips were on his, deep and hungry, as her hands slid under his shirt to trace her fingers along smooth, porcelain skin.

"I don't see anyone," she murmured against his lips, and gave them a little nibble to turn them even redder. "But if anyone pops up...let's give them a good show, hm?" She winked at him as she pulled back, lifting and awkwardly shaking a leg free of her breeches. She was too impatient to bother with her smallclothes, so she simply yanked them aside as she straddled him again, rolling her hips so she could grind against his cock but not yet take him.

"I'll even let you keep your clothes on if you're nervous, Princess," she whispered against his ear.

Avelithe

"A good show?" The inquiry was a brief one in the midst of the foggy-brained man with a singular goal in mind. "We'll lose some daylight," he murmured weakly, not really meaning it, because to hell with it, what were they in a hurry for? Where were they going, anyway? He'd forgotten.

And if there's someone coming, the horses would surely... ahhhhh—

The sliver of reason (did he really have any to begin with?) all but drifted into the ether, offering only Emery to fill every facet of his senses. Her body felt so warm and inviting, the weight of her comforting and tantalizing.

He caught her shirt and tossed it aside, taking her back in his arms and pulling her in for a deep and hungry kiss. His hands roamed down her back, rough from weather and battles, but her skin, now so familiar, was the best feeling in the world. No inch of her was left wanting; he made sure to pay attention to every bit of her he could touch. Helping her with her trousers, he couldn't help but grin at the clumsiness of it, but then they were back to it as easily as if they had just started.

As he resisted the urge to start bucking, he felt his stiffness arch fiercely against her lower lips.

"You feel ready," he remarked, noting the open coolness on his cock was attributed from the collected wetness of Emery as she shamelessly ground upon him. "But so am I. You needn't do much to get me longing for you."

There was a strong blush on his face when he was told that he could keep his clothes on. He was tempted to keep the offer, but not because he was afraid they'd get caught, but because there was something so sinfully delicious about staying covered while a naked woman was grinding on him.

In response to all of this, he kissed Emery as he hoisted her rear up with his hands before guiding her down on him. He paused for a moment, letting the tip of his cock kiss her lips.

Rhindeer

Oh, who cared about daylight, indeed! For Emery, everything had swiftly started to change the moment she kissed him. Her past life had been one of schedules and deadlines and structure and routine—but that was gone now. They didn't really have anywhere to be and she didn't know what she was doing; she was making it up as she went, or rather, they were figuring it out together.

Maybe she was being reckless, but...she just didn't care. Everything else but the here and now and the man in her arms was a problem for Future Emery.

Now, all she wanted was to be wrapped up in Alkereth's warmth, sharing his heat and sweat and the taste of their kiss, loving the way he explored her, but there would be time later to take it slow. God, so much for teasing and torturing him! It had rather backfired and left her just as pent up--which Alkereth definitely noticed.

"Of course I'm ready, you old bastard," she taunted as she rocked on him, her breath hitching as he grew slick with her arousal, her mind growing foggy with need as the burning in her core grew feverish. God she wanted him, wasn't sure how much more of this she could take, this teasing that was her own goddamned doing. It also meant her filter, what little of it ever existed, faded into oblivion. "I was ready when you kissed me. I'm always ready for you, I--"

And then his mouth was on hers, blessedly swallowing (for now) anything else she was about to embarrass herself with, and one hand buried itself in his hair while the other gripped his shirt tight as he lifted her. She felt his cock against her, hard and wet from her, and could take no more. As she pulled him deeper into the kiss and slipped her tongue between his lips, she sank down onto him with a muffled cry, trembling around him, and didn't stop until he was buried as deep as he could go. There she held him for a moment, simply enjoying the sensation of being filled so completely, as close to him as possible, before she broke the kiss with a gasp and pressed her lips to his neck, nipping gently as she began to rock.

"Fuck...I'll never tire of you," she gasped out. She had meant to say she would never tire of this--but, well, too late now.

Avelithe

Alkereth's breath fluttered into Emery's hair as she took him all in. Her flesh was so amazingly warm that he was reminded of slipping into a hot bath. For a moment, he was contented to hold her for a moment, planting kisses along her neck. Breathing her in, enjoying all that was her. But he was with her... there would be time to enjoy each other's company later. He was so breathless and feverish with excitement, that he began rolling his hips.

This is pure happiness, he thought. It wasn't just the sex—that was a plus, sure—but it was holding, and being held, and actually loving someone, and sharing their bodies. He was in it for more than just pleasure. Trust was the big one. He trusted this woman. And he was thrilled to be her chosen, to be the one she could take her pleasure with. To this day, he was amazed they had ever been enemies to start.

"Oh, were you," he murmured into her ear. "Could you have imagined you'd be bedding the man you dragged out of that crater? Did you think naughty thoughts when you tied me up?" What the hell, Alkereth! Was it too soon to joke about that incident?

"It was our first kiss that made me want to do something stupid." Oh, but the stupid already happened. And continued happening. He was now gripping her waist, helping her keep her balance as he encouraged her to bounce on him. "I always want to do something outrageous when I kiss you. Fly off cliffs. Kill a thousand soldiers. If only to kiss you again..." He kissed her lips. "And again, and again." He kissed her twice more, deepening the final time, wrestling his tongue with her's.

Then he broke from her, just now registering what she said. "Well," he said a bit candidly, "I hope not, because I'd have to kill the next bastard you take interest in bedding." The joke ended. He suddenly  gripped her arms, not forcefully, but with a kind of urgency as he bore his scarlet eyes into her own. "You're my one and only. I hope to be your one and only. I cannot ever bear to share you with another. This never has to end between us, Sunfire." Oh, it seems he was a little insecure.

Rhindeer

Could she have imagined she'd be bedding the man she dragged out of a crater?

Never. Not in a hundred-thousand years would she imagine she'd bed, much less befriend, a mage, not even to speak of a mage who from another world haunted by wraiths.

Did she think naughty thoughts when she tied him up? What?!

Her laugh was breathless with surprise and cut off short with a whimper of pleasure. "Don't, ah...don't be ridiculous, I—"

"God. I liked you far more when you were begging me on your knees--where you belong."

Hrk.

Emery's face flushed a deeper shade of red that was definitely not just from their coupling. Unfortunately, she remembered everything from that fateful night (and she really wished she didn't, because fuck she was a monster) and she vividly remembered saying that. Did he remember her saying that? Why on earth had such a big dumb thing come out of her big dumb mouth back then? Had she felt it even back...?

"Only God knows," she said at last, giving him a wicked smile. "But I'd be thrilled to truss you up properly anytime." And then she shut him up with another kiss and urgent roll of her hips.

It didn't last long.

Alkereth was a talented man in many areas, that much was obvious—and he had shown he was equally adept at worshipping her with his words as well as his body. It was playful banter, she told herself, and she was happy to indulge as she rode him, meeting each kiss fiercely and clinging as though afraid to let go. For a moment, while she was with him like this, she could forget everything—her insecurities, her pain. She could lose herself in a fantasy, pretend she wasn't broken, pretend to have something she didn't deserve—because that was all it was, right? A fantasy? That was all it ever was. 

So she told herself. Because the possibility of anything else, of getting that close and letting someone in...

Of fucking everything up.

Of losing everything and everyone again.

And then Alkereth held her, his eyes meeting hers as he said the words that made her heart squeeze. She met his eyes, the ones she adored, his own expression so earnest, so sincere—

Oh my God.

He meant it.

He actually meant it.

Panic flashed in her green eyes and she went stock still. Her stomach twisted, sharp and sickening and almost painful and she felt her breath catch in her too-tight throat. Oh no. Oh no, no, no...

"Whoa...a-ah, wait..." she panted, cupping his face with her hands to get his full attention. And then for a moment she just stayed like that, catching her breath, scrambling to search for the words, trying to think. After a moment she lifted off of him, but she settled again in his lap right after. They were not having this conversation while he was balls deep in her.

"Alkereth, what...what do you mean by that, exactly?" she said slowly, hardly breathing.