Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lying in the Warm Sunlight (Ivory)

Started by Scythe-Nova, February 02, 2013, 03:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

Akala laughed softly and clapped with an enthusiastic nod.  "That's good, Ha'aheo!" she announced  enthusiastically.  After all, there was a little bit of a trick to tying even the most basic knot, and it was impressive indeed that Ha'aheo had managed on his own.

"No," Akala answered brightly.  "I don't think I'm in any danger from Sajira.  Especially not while you're here.  Have you ever met one of her peoples before?"  She was curious to know where all of this about Sajira eating people came from!  "I don't think many come to the Islands..."  Not that she knew every single visitor, but she did love to hear stories!

Scythe-Nova

Normally this would make Sajira kinda angry form the assumption that she was a bad person and ate people but she let it slip now since this man seemed to be very primitive, Very animalistic actually and she was reminded by that man she met once before, but she forced it out of her mind as she looked at Ha'aheo with a friendly gaze.

-"Akala were in no danger even before you came along, unless there's something on this island bigger than me..."

she said before looking out over the forest behind them and let her gaze look around before looking back at Akala and Ha'aheo with a slight smile.

-"Right?"

Paradox

Ha'aheo continued to shoot suspicious glares at the naga, but he did back down a bit because Akala seemed to insist that she was fine. He now looked at Akala , still frowning and looking doubtful but she did make a good point. He was now here and therefore , he believed, that she would be safe because anything or one who tried to make his only friend hurt would end up feeling the pain of his teeth!

At Akala's question , the mershark nodded. It was hard to explain though. "See long way. See fight other sharks. But look..." he made a gesture, passing a hand over his face. "Snake here. More snake all places. Ha'aheo no fight snake. Sea snakes very big. Some eat shark if shark slow and not smart. Ha'aheo smart. "

Ivory

"Ah," the woman answered, understanding Ha'aheo's broken answer perfectly.  "Well, it's lucky you came along.  I was just about to introduce Sajira to one of your favorite things!"

Pineapples, of course!

"Would you like to join us for breakfast?  I know you're hungry.  You always are," she added with a bright grin.  Besides, there was nothing that made Ha'aheo happier than food!  Except, maybe, for teasing Kai!

Scythe-Nova

Akala seemed to understand that man so Sajira did not bother to understand the mans speech but when she started to talk about food she became more interested and looked at Akala with curiosity in her eyes.

-"I'm interested in what kind of food you eat around here."

She said with a happy carefree tone as she looked at Akala and Ha'aheo, She did not mind that she still had nothing covering her chest around this man since it did not seem to disturb him.

Paradox

Saliva pooled out the corner of his mouth, sliding down his chin. The shark nodded enthusiastically. Yes! Ha'aheo never could say no to food! "Yes. Ha'aheo hungry. Eat fish. " He was quite pleased that Akala finally understood this now. Sharks were constantly moving and constantly feeding. Well, he was anyways.

He stepped closer to Akala and 'whispered' to her , "No share pineapple with bad snake." 

"THERE YOU ARE!" A familiar voice called out from some distance behind them. It was Kai's and he sounded a little bit accusatory .

"Go. " Ha'aheo started walking.

"Oh no you don't , stupid shark! You get back here and apologize for eating my catch again!"

Ha'aheo feigned a stupid look, "Not know what he say."

Kai came walking quickly down the beach, dragging a net with him. As soon as he was close enough, he lifted the net up and pointed to an enormous hole in a portion of the net's center. "See that? YOU did this!"

"Noooo." Ha'aheo shook his head. " Kai see other shark. No see Ha'aheo. "

"YOU lying little...! Your fin has a distinctive tear in it at the base. I KNOW it was YOU!"

Ha'aheo turned his back away from the others so that they couldn't see. "Noooo. Ha'aheo no have." But Kai was right. Ha'aheo's dorsal fin which, in human form, was located on his back betwixt his shoulderblades did have such a tear.

Kai sighed dramatically and threw his hands up in the air,"Arrrrgh! Why do you do this to me!?"

Ha'aheo shrugged. "Why you say Ha'aheo do all bad things all time? Why so not nice? "

"Don't turn this around to make ME look bad! You started THIS!" It was then that Kai noticed Sajira and...his reaction to the snake woman was even more dramatic than Ha'aheo's. "Wha-what-!?" He stumbled backwards and tripped over the net and...fell unceremoniously onto his butt in the sand.

Ha'aheo gave a short belly laugh, "Gwahahahaha! Kai no good with feet."

"Shut up, you dumb...uh, shark!"

"Gwahahahaha!"

ooc: It just wouldn't be the same without tormenting Kai. :/

Ivory

Akala watched the exchange with a grin -- although she quickly hid it behind her hand as she tried to look stern.  It really wasn't working.  Kai and Ha'aheo played off each other too well.  She knew, of course, that the mershark was a constant source of irritation to poor Kai, and she half-suspected Ha'aheo was doing it on purpose.  Or maybe that was just Kai's paranoia talking.  Certainly, he couldn't be the only hunter Ha'aheo targeted!

"Ha'aheo, you said you'd stop eating all of Kai's fish..."

That was all the further she got, though, as Kai fell over, literally, onto his bottom.  Oh, right...

"Ah, Kai, this is Sajira.  Sajira, this is my friend Kai."  More quietly, so only Sajira could hear, she added in a murmur, "They don't get along."

Scythe-Nova

Sajira looked at Ha'aheo with an amused smile as she overheard his whispering, She twitched a bit when someone screamed after Ha'aheo and then looked towards the source. She raised an eyebrow and looked at the new man with a confused look, It changed into an amused look again as she understood the situation quite well.

-"..."

She covered her amused smile with her hand and slightly shook her head and when the new guy looked upon her and fell on his but in supprise she could not hold it in anymore and started to laugh a bit, not an open laughter but any more of this and she would be laughing so hard that her stomach would hurt. She heard Akala's introduction and nodded towards Kai and looked at Akala as she whispered to her.

-"Seems to me that they get along just fine"

She whispered back with a repressed laughter before looking back at Kai and Ha'aheo.

Paradox

Ha'aheo nodded and appeared to look quite pleased with himself, "Ha'aheo do this for small time. Not say no eat for all time. "

"When someone tells you to stop, that means FOREVER!" Kai shouted at him, but Ha'aheo wasn't listening, as usual.

Now that Sajira was introduced, Kai stood up and nodded, his expression as uncertain as his words and his tone, "Er...nice to meet you, I guess." He was staring at poor Sajira's snake parts. He'd never seen a creature like this before and had no idea who he should be more wary of, Sajira or Ha'aheo. Snakes or sharks? They were both scary.

"Hrrrrn. Snake taste bad. No meat." Ha'aheo corrected him.

"What? That's not what I meant!" Kai whirled back around and snapped at the mershark. "That's gross, Ha'aheo!"

Ivory

For a hunter, Kai was such a wimp sometimes!  She rolled her eyes upwards with a good-natured smile.

"We were just about to come to the village for breakfast.  You're welcome to come along, too, of course."  Because they were friends, and friends invited their friends to join them for meals!

She was, of course, expecting Kai to try to tell them, once again, that Ha'aheo -- and, now, possibly Sajira -- did not belong in the village.

Scythe-Nova

Sajira smiled at the whole situation with Kai and Ha'aheo and when she was reminded that there was food to be had her stomach acted up making a subtle rumbling sound and she looked down on her tummy with a slight blush and a smile.

-"Well i guess i was more hungry than i thought"

She said with a slight laughter before she looked at Akala with a bright and friendly smile. She wondered if Kai and Ha'aheo would stop their bickering so that they could get going, She felt that she had missed something that Ha'aheo had said but she dismissed it from her mind as she did not catch it.

Paradox

"Breakfast food. " Ha'ahaeo told them the obvious, thinking himself quite smart because he knew what these words meant.

Kai looked at Akala incredulously. His thoughts were plain as the daylight on his face but he did not speak the words. He needn't do so because Akala had guessed right.

"Go, go , go!" Ha'aheo moved ahead everyone, eager to make it to the village and get fed.

Kai ran after him, determined to make sure that the shark left some food for everyone else, himself included!

Ivory

Akala laughed out loud.  "Looks like we're racing!"

And that was all the warning she gave before darting forward to join in the race.

"Last one to the village doesn't get any pineapple!" she called up to Ha'aheo -- because she knew just how much he enjoyed his pineapple, after all!

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh that's not fair you have legs!"

Sajira shouted after Akala before she shot after the group, Despite having no legs she was really fast and began to catch up to the group. She then realized she did not know what a Pineapple was but the way that Akala had said it, it sounded like it was something very good and Sajira definately did not want to miss out on that.

-"By the way what's a Pineapple?"

She asked as she "ran" after the group when she had gotten close enough for them to hear her.

Paradox

No matter how hard Kai ran, he couldn't catch up with Ha'aheo's longer strides. Damned shark was getting used to those human legs! "Ha'aheo fast! Kai slow! Gwahahaha! "The mershark gloated as they arrived at the village with Kai skidding to a stop only seconds behind the mershark.

"You started early or else I would have beaten you!" Kai exclaimed. "I want a rematch!"

"Slow hunter. No point. Just lose again. Gwahahaha!"

Kai kicked sand at Ha'aheo's ankles , "Shut up!"

Ivory

"It's a fruit!" Akala announced cheerfully as Sajira caught up to her.  "Yellow and sweet.  It's Ha'aheo's favorite -- I think he'd eat the whole island if given the chance!"

No, no, he definitely would.  The mershark as a glutton with a seemingly endless stomach!

Slowing down in front of the hunter and mershark, she added smugly, "I bet Kai would beat you, Ha'aheo.  You're faster than he is in the water, so it only makes sense he would be faster on land."

A crazy kind of sense!

Scythe-Nova

Sajira stopped as Akala did and began looking around at the village with great interest, Sajira truly loved to observe the culture and architecture of other civilizations. Sajira marveled at the simple lifestyle in the village and even some things reminded her of her own culture making her think that there must be some kind of form all cultures follow in their own way of course.

-"This village is beautiful"

She said and looked down at Akala with great smile while she made herself comfortable on the spot by curling her tail beneath herself making a steady base. Her gaze ran over the people in the village and things that they did and also the smaller things that happened as if she was trying to take in all she could with her eyes.

Paradox

"No. Ha'ahao win." The mershark boasted and then pointed at Kai, "Okay. We go. To water. "

Kai puffed out his chest and wore a determined expression, "You're on!"

"Ready. Go!" Ha'aheo took off running down the beach and away from the village towards the water.

"Ha'aheo!" Kai took off running after him. "THAT'S NOT FAIR!"

"GWAHAHAHAHA!"

((So late. Sorry!))

Ivory

As the pair tore off -- towards the water this time -- Akala laughed out loud and gave her head a slight shake.  Some things never changed...and that, of course, was quite fine by her!  She liked things this way -- a little chaos, but nothing terribly unfriendly.

"While they're playing, let's get you introduced to the villagers."  Obviously, that's what the mershark and hunter were doing; how could there be anything malicious in a race?

Stepping into the village, Akala's grin grew as one of the village elders appeared almost immediately to investigate.  "Back already?" the elderly woman asked with a smile that crinkled her entire face.  "And who did you bring us this time?"

"Yes," Akala answered with a laugh.  She gestured to Sajira.  "Sajira, this is Manaka.  Manaka, this is Sajira.  I found her on the beach just a little ways from here.  It's her first time to the Islands."

Scythe-Nova

Sajira chuckled as she saw the two run away again and then looked back at Akala, and when she said that she would introduce her to the villagers she nodded and followed Akala with a smile. When the older woman came up to Akala Sajira tilted her head slightly, did they know eachother? Then again in small villages as this it seemed much more probable since they all lived so close together.

-"A pleasure to meet you."

She said with a friendly smile as she lowered herself so that she did not seem as intimidating as she could do when she was raised up over people, She also made a slight but respectful bow as was her way of greeting people and she did not want to assume thing on the customs of greetings on this island.