Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pegasus Racing

Started by Anonymous, December 31, 2004, 04:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

My new char, Andralyn Drake, is a talented pegasus racer. I love horse racing and figured that pegasus racing could be far more dangerous, making for an interesting story. With that many animals in close proximity, it would extremely dangerous for them to unfold their wings. For example, Andralyn has a scar on her cheek that she acquired in a race. The pegasus on her right had opened his wings and cut her cheek open in the process.  I mean, horse racing itself can be fatal for both animal and rider, but add extra limbs and a rundown track and you have certain death. It can also be the "gambling game" of the era, a perfect gathering place for scoundrels and hoodlums. An outlaw magnet! The equivalent of a Western tavern.

I have come up with something of an idea of rules and track terrain, etc. The pegasi aren't allowed to fly, but they can open their wings as a brake or to purposely deter other racers. Having their wings open, however, creates air resistance, so it is suggested that they don't keep them open for long. The track is far wider than the average Thoroughbred racetrack and covers miles and miles of land. The floor is dirt and there are several natural hurdles, like rocks and water.

The pegasi can be housed in their respective flocks, so that's not a concern, but is anyone interested in opening a racetrack? Is there a board that has the perfect challenging terrain for a race to take place?

Rhindeer

WHOA! O_O Lynxmaid, that's an awesome idea! You know, that'd be really fun to have races and be able to bet and with the outlaw factor and whatnot...AHHH! I love it! O_O You have no idea... *getting ideas already!* And the wings thing! That's awesome...it reminds me of chariot races, with the extra parts to deter other racers and all...and the carnage! Eheh!

Let's see...terrains! Well, Serendipity has wide open spaces, so it'd be easy to have a track there and put up obsticles. And there're always the Untamed lands. Adela is really foresty, but there are clear areas (and areas can be cleared away, too, of course) and Connlaoth is very valley-like...and...

Well, whatever the case, I'm in! XD I know I have one guy (Keina) who would for certain love the gambling and money aspect...when he gets free time, that is. He's soon to be on a mission! Kekeke!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Yeah, I guess it does remind one of chariot racing! And it would make more sense if there were a few different tracks, so we could use technically any board.

Anonymous

Another idea: I could hire Andy out as a trainer or even a jockey. I should post a resume somewhere. That would be kinda fun.

Anyone who has any interest at all in this, let us know! If you have an extra char floating around, a successful racetrack needs jockeys and owners and spectators - don't forget the spectators - and gamblers and all sorts of people. This could become very fun right away.

Anonymous

I'm creating another jockey - this one is a guy, and he is a ruthless cheater. Watch out for the likes of him. :)

Anonymous

I got rid of Colton but decided to keep the pegasus Odin....He needs a rider and he's good to race...any volunteers (Not a light pegasus by any means!)

Rhindeer

Duuuude, jockeys! Yee!

*thinkthinkthink* Do I have any charries that could be the jockey type...? ^^;;

Um...um...um...

Oh! And Phoenix would be willing to have a rider, whenever one comes along! XD She's a daredevil, so she'd love to race! Whee!

Now, back to jockeys...dude, I even forget what charries I have. Umm... *posts with sig just to see her charries XD*
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Excelente! Mas jockeys! (Excuse my poor Italian-Spanish-English mixture, I am in a multicultural mood.) My new char, Sericia, is a gambler. She could be somewhat of an overseer of the races.