Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let's make something happen! All aboard!

Started by Anonymous, December 30, 2009, 11:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

So, I've only got one character, and then I up and go missing for over a month! What kind of RPer is that?! Well, I could make the usual excuses about real life and the holidays and blah blah blah, but let's face it, they're just excuses.

So I sat down and thought long and hard about how to remedy this situation, and the conclusion that I reached was that I need a more concrete plot for my character, something to really grab my interest. And yet, I don't really want to make it all about my character either, so let me know, SotE, what's a goal you have for your character, and how can we work together to make that happen?

What sort of goals, you ask? Well, they don't have to be anything earth shattering. For example, what I'm looking for with my character is just to shake things up with him a bit. I realized that he wasn't interesting to me because he was stagnant. He had no focus, no direction; he's just existing at present. What I'd like to do is shake his world view a bit, make him start questioning the things he's always held as "true" which might make him take an interest in the wider world a bit. It won't take much to accomplish that, but at least it would give me (and eventually him) something to aim for.

So what I'm thinking of at the moment is something around his attitude for the "less fortunate," slaves in particular. His thinking is that anyone who's in a bad state merely needs to work hard enough to escape it. He feels no sympathy for them, and often a bit of disgust for them "accepting" their fate. I wasn't going to do anything with this for a while, but he's so stagnant at present, I need to give him something to do! He's a mercenary on the side to make ends meet, so I could potentially see him being hired to "liberate" some slaves or political prisoners. He's not doing it because it's good or noble or just, he's doing it because he's getting paid...but he could learn something on the way. (Not too much though, I still want to have fun with his stubbornness XD)
So, I could be looking for characters to be the ones who hired him (and thus doing this for great justice!) or other mercenaries (there for the cash) the slaves/prisoners themselves, or even a bad guy trying to stop them. Tentatively, this will take place in Adela, but I'm going to be pretty flexible about the location, so don't hesitate if you've got a character you want to bring in.

These are all just ideas, though, if you're interested in picking up a plot, post here with your ideas and goals for your characters, and we'll find a plot that works for them too, and if you have other ideas, I'm happy to hear them! I don't want to plan out the entire plot (otherwise, why rp?), but laying down a bare bones will make it easier in the long run, and I'm willing to take the time to make sure everybody's happy before starting it up. :)

Anybody still with me after all that? Give me your thoughts!