Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Vacations and new meetings (Rinaaa~)

Started by Anonymous, January 19, 2010, 08:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A break was exactly what he needed which was why he had decided to take a small trip. Traveling always interested him so whenever he had the time and money he'd always do it. Lucky for him he had the time and money to do it once more. Of course the only had part was he had only a couple days left of his break before he needed to return and go back to work and he had only just gotten to Ketra. Sometimes luck never seemed to be completely on his side and always threw twists and turns at him.

Sadly one of those just happened to be him getting lost for a while. It wasn't like it was his first time in Ketra but like all of the previous times he couldn't spend much time there...again because of getting lost. Oh well..a couple days was better than none.

Quinn looked around, smiling a bit as he watched different kinds of people walking past him and ahead of him. He had the urge to pull one of his little get rich quick schemes but decided it best to control himself. That was another reason he needed a break. He had accidentally gotten himself in some trouble a few times in Arca and needed to make himself disappear for a little while.

He shook the thought away and just focused on finding a nice place to stay. After getting lost and wandering around forests for days he really just wanted some warm blankets and a cozy bed to snuggle up in. Camping out was not the best thing to do for him due to his anemia and the fact he always packed light. WHich was of course shown by the little knapsack like thing tied to his shoulder. It had some clothes in it and a blanket, pretty much just the essentials. Not enough for camping let alone to stay warm at night with.

Or help him catching food...which was only thought about when his stomach growled. Okay so maybe a bed and food bother were needed. He wouldn't be so bad off if he had managed to get just one of that bear's fish and get away at the same time. In his opinion the animal had too many anyway and could live without just one. Of course no that didn't go his way either. He ended up having to abandon the fish and run before being mauled.

A small sigh escaped his lips at the thought. His tail swished back and forth a little as he walked and twitched a little whenever his stomach decided to growl in protest. "I'll get food sooonnn.." he mumbled. "Just need a find a place to stay first, jeez."

Quinn looked around a bit more, trying to locate some place but wasn't really able to find anything. Most of what he was seeing were shops and the like. "Well that's not good at all.." He sighed a little and looked forward in just enough time to catch a glimpse of the person he ended up bumping into then. "Ah ah ah-" he squeaked as he stumbled back a little. He managed to regain his balance without falling and quickly righted himself. "Ah I'm so sorry." he said quickly to the person he had managed to bump into. "Are you okay? No damage done right?"

Anonymous

It had been a long day. Nathanial rubbed his neck, trying to get the kinks out of it. He had spent most of the day training and working with his magic. He was a great fighter and highly proficient with a spear, but his pyromancy was still rough. He was learning what he could do with it and it was draining.

So he was taking a night in town to relax. Maybe get a nice bath and a massage from some delicious young boy at his favorite whore house. That seemed like an excellent plan. Though he was feeling a little starved for simple companionship. Dore was a little busy currently and Nathanial didn't have many friends around the castle. Which actually made him rather sad, but he just hadn't managed to hit it off with many of the other Knights or Nobles there.

Which was why he had been thinking about hitting up a tavern first. See about getting some drinking and general revelry in before hitting the whore house. The tall knight ran a hand through his unruly hair, trying to decided exactly what he wanted to do when he was run into by something.

He stumbled forward, catching himself before turning to see a....very strange man...animal...animal man. Nathanial had seen some people with animal parts before, but never a raccoon. He smiled at the man, giving a small laugh, "No harm done. It takes more then that to hurt a knight, I promise. Now, are you alright?"

Anonymous

Quinn looked himself over before looking up at the taller male and smiled a bit, nodding his head. "Yes of course. No damage done here either." It was just bumping into someone and he hadn't fallen so there really shouldn't be any damage. Well aside from a jarred brain or something like that. That could happen right? Yea..something like that.

He tilted his head a little then, his ears giving a small twitch when he had digested what else was said. "A knight? Really?" Now of course he knew what knights were but he often liked to connect the word with knights in fairytales and stories that children are often told before going to bed. "Is it fun? Is it hard? Ah do you save princesses? What about dragons? What do you do?"

When he realized he had just let out a string of questions he covered he smiled nervously and rubbed the back of his head a little. "Ah sorry..too many questions at once. It's a bad habit." And then his mind drew a blank of what else to say. "Ah...uhm.."

Anonymous

"Good to hear." Nathanial grinned, tossing his head slightly to get his hair out of his face. Maybe Dore had the right idea keeping his long enough to pull back, "Wouldn't really do to have a knight injuring the people he's supposed to be protecting."

The barrage of questions got a laugh of of Nathanial. A nice bit of excited ego boosting was always welcome, "Whoa whoa. Give me a chance to answer these. Let's see if I can remember all those." He held his hands up in a slow down motion, "Yes, it's fun most of the time. It's either very easy or very, very hard being a knight. All depends on what is going on in the kingdom at the time. I have yet to save a princess." And hopefully I will never have too. Though, saving a cute prince wouldn't be bad. Or getting to ride in and pull a grateful and impressed Akkiel might be nice. That thought distracted Nathanial enough that he forgot the rest of the questions.

Shaking his head, he gave a small, sheepish smile, "I can't recall the rest of them. Here." Nathanial gestured down the road, "I was on my way to get some dinner. Why don't you ask me the rest over some warm food?"

Anonymous

Quinn just nodded happily when Nathanial pretty much told him to slow down on the questions. Why he nodded though..he wasn't entirely sure. It was just one of those things that happened without really thinking about them. His tail flicked back and forth as he happily waited for the reply to his questions. He knew he'd never be able to make it as a knight even if he wanted to try so besides seeing if fairytales were true, it was interesting to find out exactly what a knight did.

"Ah really? No princesses? Though I suppose that isn't a bad thing, huh? Stories always make it seem so tedious to do." Quinn said, shrugging a little. He glanced to where Nathanial was gesturing before looking back up at him, smiling happily. THe mention of food actually had his stomach grumbling a little since he sadly had to remember his lost stolen meal earlier. "Okay~! That sounds great." Plus he was going to go get food on his own after finding a nie place to stay anyway. Having company though was always nice. Conversation would help him keep his mind off trying to come up with new schemes.

"I think you should lead the way..since I ah..don't know my way around too well. Is that okay?" he asked, tilting his head slightly. "Ah! Oh yea! I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Quinn."

Anonymous

"Princesses seem tiring. Always getting captured and such. Useless really." Nathanial smiled at the perky kid. He was so...fresh. Nathanial was used to people who lived in the city, who acted in ways Nathanial expected them too. It was interesting and refreshing.

"I am Sir Nathanial Winn. It's nice to meet you." He smiled, gesturing with his arm down the street, "And I shall be happy to lead the way." It wasn't a long walk and Nathanial moved through the streets with a practiced ease. It wasn't long before the scent of roasting meat and gruel reached the pair.

The tavern was clean and inviting and typical of most taverns. Large common room with a large fire, several serving girls and a well fed proprietor. It was a bit of a challenge to find a spot, but Nathanial found a end of a long table that was free and took a seat, motioning across from him, "The food here is amazing. Simple, but cooked to perfection."

Anonymous

"That is true. Oh well I guess. Everything else must make it worth it though." Quinn said, still smiling just as much as before. He was very easily pleased, obviously, and it didn't bother him much. It was no fun to be sulky all the time. Not that having a positive outlook or hyper attitude all the time was great either. He liked to think he had a nice mix..though most of the time he was just the way he was at the moment.

"It's very nice to meet you and thank you very much." He was glad that Nathanial agreed to lead the way. He would certainly get lost and starve on his own if he hadn't. As they approached the building, the smell of the food was enough to cause his stomach to grumble again. Quinn put his hands over his stomach even though he knew it wouldn't help keep it quiet or anything.

The large fire inside was welcomed also. Despite wearing a couple layers of clothes most of the time, he still got cold a lot easier when he was outside and not moving around too much. It couldn't be helped since he couldn't always be moving without looking odd. When Nathanial found seats from them, Quinn sat down in the one motioned at before stretching a little. It really did seem like a nice place.

"That's great." Quinn said happily. "Though even if it wasn't amazing I would eat it anyway." What was the saying for that anyway? So hungry you could eat a horse? He wasn't quite there but was close. "Hmm..what would you suggest to eat?"

Anonymous

Nathanial laughed at the kids question, "There isn't really a lot of choice. There is whatever they made. Pick if you want the meat option or the meat-free option."

Poor kid seemed starving, though Nathanial didn't want to comment on it. That would be rude. It was a shame he didn't seem to be picking up on Nathanial's light flirting. He disliked being to obvious as people could get upset when they didn't swing that way.

"Now, I do believe I agreed to answer all your questions once we sat down. Though, do I get to ask what brought you to my fair city first?"

Anonymous

"Ohhhh...really?" Quin asked, tilting his head a little which in turn caused his ears to twitch slightly. He smiled a bit after that, again not giving the other much time to reply to his question. "That's okay~! It makes it really easy to choose on something." he said happily, smiling a bit before tilting his head the right way again.

He nodded happily at the question. "Of course you do. It wouldn't be fair if I was the only one asking all the questions, right?" Of course that had to be right. Even he knew it was nice to let someone else ask questions and let the other person get to know the the other and so on and so forth. "Ah but right. Your question. I just got a break from work and I usually travel when I have a few days off and I ended up here." Not a really fantastic story when he thought about it but it was the truth. He really didn't have too many plans of where he wanted to go.

Anonymous

"Yeah. It's not very fancy herre." Nathanial waved at the serving girl and smiled at Quinn. It was kinnda nice just relaxing like this. The boy seemed rather energetic, made him seem young. Might be a little too young for Nathanial's tastes. Such a shame. It was so hard finding someone, unless he felt like paying for it.

"Break from work? What is it that you do?" The serving girl arrived and Nathanial ordered a cider and the meat meal. Which was apparently roasted lamb and potatoes.

Once she had Quinn's order, the girl left and Nathanial turned his attention back to Quinn, "And did you want to ask any more questions of me?"

Anonymous

"That's okay." Quinn said, smiling still. It didn't matter if it was fancy or not. Just as long as he got some food in his protesting stomach so that it wouldn't growl so loudly. And even though the choices were limited, he still had a hard time deciding which one he wanted..

"I help out around my parent's tavern. It's interesting. I get to meet lots of different kinds of people. Though...a lot of them get really drunk and act rather lewd..but that's not too bad either." Quinn trailed off, tapping his chin a little. He blinked when he realized he had probably said more than needed. "Ah..oops." he said nervously, rubbing the back of his head. "I started to ramble." After he had finished talking he just decided to order the same thing Nathanial did. It was just easier than debating on which was better.

"More questions? Yes~" Quinn said happily, his tail swishing back and forth more than normal..much like a dog's probably would. "What else do you get to do as a knight? Do you ride a horse? Is it hard to learn to ride a horse? If you do ride a horse do you have a white one? Do you ever get to travel anywhere?" Again when he realized he was asking too many questions at once, he quickly stopped and smiled nervously again. "Ah..did it again.."

Anonymous

"A tavern? That's fascinating. I bet that is interesting." The part about them being lewd surprised Nathanial a little. He must find it amusing. That made more sense. Drunk people often gave hilarious stories afterward. Shaking his head, Nathanial smiled, "I don't mind if you ramble. I like hearing people talk. You hear the most fascinating things that way."

It was a little hard to keep up with the flow of questions, but Nathanial was more prepared for it this time, "Horse? Yes. I ride a horse, though I learned to ride a horse before I started my squirehood. It isn't hard, at least it wasn't for me. I rather enjoy it." He paused trying to catch back up with the questions, "Uhh.white. No. My horse is a bay, sorry." Nathanial gave a small chuckle, "I get to do a bit of traveling. Mostly I stay in the city, but on occasion I get called elsewhere. I enjoy it."

Anonymous

"It is. Not all of the people are like that. A lot of them just like to talk a lot and tell stories." Quinn's ears twitched a little as he thought about it a little more. "..I hear a lot of stories about fish..or fishing sometimes..Ah but there are a lot of people who talk about traveling which always makes me want to get out and go somewhere." he said, laughing a little. That really was one of the main reasons he traveled where he did sometimes. The stories that were told around the tavern of places he hadn't been were always very interesting and just tempted him to go. "Ah really. That's great. I'll try not to go on too much though because keeping up would just make things confusing, right?"

"Oh really? That's cool~!" He had always figured horse riding was something hard to do and it was for some people and apparently not as hard for others. "Ohhh those horses are pretty too. Aww it's too bad you can't travel more. It's a lot of fun. Though it's probably a lot easier to do when riding a horse rather than on foot. I'll have to learn how to ride a horse now." Well he would when he could get a horse and have a place to keep it.. "After I find someone to teach me..and after I can get one..and get a place for it to stay at...oh my..that might take a long while."

Anonymous

It was hard imagine Quinn hearing anything with how much he talked. The boy must have huge lungs to be able to keep going like that. It was rather impressive. Nathanial found himself mostly just nodding along, only just keeping up.

"I travel enough. I like it here, and camping on the road is never very fun." While he was a knight, Nathanial was a city boy and rather prissy. Dirt and grime and uncomfortable bedrolls were not his idea of fun. He liked his comforts of the city.

The food arrived and Nathanial gave the serving girl a few coins. He could afford to treat the kid and the company was nice. "You don't need to do all that. There are places you can rent a horse. And I bet there are plenty of people who could teach you to ride. Just gotta find a teacher."

Anonymous

"Ah really? I think it's fun if you can't find a nice spot." Quinn said happily. He, of course, loved traveling and liked staying resting outside. Even if it was uncomfortable at times, it was always nice to just stare at the stars before going to sleep. If weather permitted and trees weren't in the way. Despite that he also liked having a nice comfortable bed to sleep on as well which only cities and towns could provide.

He perked up a little when he noticed Nathanial give the serving girl some coins. "Ah thank you. I could've paid though." Not that he head a very disposable income but he had enough to get food and a place to stay. "Oh there are places for that? Well that makes things a bit easier." That way he wouldn't have to buy his own horse and everything else that went along with it There was still the problem of finding someone to teach him though. "Oh oh! Could you teach me? If you're not busy of course." He didn't know anyone else who knew how to ride a horse. At least not that he could think of anything.

Anonymous

"Ugh. No thank you." Nathanial wrinkled his nose at the idea. He camped only when he had too. And complained enough to make Dore wanna kill him when he went with his twin. "Camping should only happen when there are enough servants along to do all the work. And never during the rainy season." Even then, Nathanial would probably find a reason to complain.

"Oh, I apologize. I was not trying to imply you couldn't afford it. I had suggested we come here, so I had not wanted to put you out. Forgive me." He gave a small bow. It was interesting spending time with the raccoon. Kept him on his toes, that was for sure.

"Teach you?" He hadn't really considered it. It wouldn't be too hard, though his time was limited, his knightly duties came first. But, honestly, when there wasn't an active battle to be fought, there wasn't a ton he had to do, "That would be fun. Sure. I would love too. We can even borrow on of my sisters mares for you to ride."

Anonymous

"Yea..it's not a good idea to go when it rains a lot.." Quinn thought out loud. He had been caught out in the rain one too many times and contracted nice colds from it. He tried to avoid traveling too much around those times unless he was going some place close by. Even then he was a little hesitant to do even that.

"Oh no no no. You don't need to apologize." Quinn said quickly. waving his hands a little. He didn't want to make Nathaniel feel better. It was more along the lines of a statement. He really needed to learn the concept of "open mouth, insert foot".

"Haa really? That's great!" he said happily, his tail swishing back and forth out of excitement. It was good they weren't too close to anyone or he'd probably would've ended up smacking them in the back of the head with it or something. On accident of course, though. "Thank you so much~" he added on, smiling happily. If he didn't learn before he had to return home it would just mean he'd have to find another time to come back and ask Nathaniel to teach him some more.

Anonymous

"Sure!" Nathanial laughed and took a bite of his food. It was pretty good, simple but Nathanial liked it. He was enjoying himself. Quinn was cute and it was fun talking to him. His eagerness and excitement was catching. Maybe he should make Dore come along when he taught Quinn to ride. Might be fun and keep Nathanial's mind off how cute the other man was and more on task. Nothing killed Nathanial's sex drive quite like his brother.

"It'll be fun. I should have some time tomorrow. Where are you staying?" The ears and the tail were a little odd, but it wasn't enough to distract from how cute he was. Nathanial really needed to visit the brothel more.

Anonymous

When Nathanial started to eat, Quinn had realized he hadn't touched his own food yet. He had been a bit too busy talking. Oops. He took a bite of his food and smiled happily. It was good. Not like his mom's cooking or anything but it was food so it made his stomach happy. At least for a little bit anyway. But that was a matter for later when he was hungry again.

"Tomorrow? Okay~ Uhmm I'm not sure where I'm staying yet. I still have to find a place." Quinn said, smiling nervously. He really should've done that as soon as he had gotten there but food had seemed more important. "I'll look around after we're done~"

Anonymous

"Ah, well, I can't say I know many places. I don't really ever have to use inns. This ones food is good, I'm sure their beds are nice." Nathanial gave a small, apologetic shrug, "Well, regardless, you can come to my Estate."

Tearing some bread apart, he dipped it into the juices on his plate, "Wear some pants you don't mind getting dirty."