Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Colonies in my mind (Quills!)

Started by Anonymous, March 08, 2010, 02:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

They could simply stop walking and see if it circled about or moved oddly, as clouds tended to just move in one lazy direction. However, there wasn't a pressing need to stop, or to care if it was a bird. It could only be a bird or a cloud really, the chances of it being something like, like a being with wings, or a dragon, or some sentient humanoid with the power of flight was so...out of the world that it really didn't matter to Sesselav. It just couldn't be one of those, because of the odds, and as such, she never took it into consideration.

Not that it mattered because it was staying where it was.

"So long as it stays in the sky I think I will be fine." If it decided to suddenly, somehow cause rain, Sesselav might be unhappy with it. If it decided to swoop down on her because it thought she was a big bug...well Sesselav might be a little put out. Then again...if it was a bird, and it was up that high, chances are it usually ate better than bugs.

Sesselav watched in mild fascination as her friend began to do something strange. She licked her finger and held it in the air. Sesselav could do that, but she wouldn't be able to feel anything on her exoskeleton. It was hard enough that it stopped her from having those minute sensations for the most part. Plus, she breathed through her skin, she wouldn't want to deprive herself of oxygen, if even just a little bit.

"Tomorrow. That is a grim forecast." Sesselav tried to make a face that looked like she was displeased with that knowledge. Mostly her mandibles faced upward to make it look like she were frowning. "However, it is good to know, thank you Hasea." She flashed a smile at the woman, not wanting her to feel like she had been displeased with Hasea herself, or what she had said. She was in fact pleased to know her friend could possible tell weather changes to some degree.

Very handy to have around.

Anonymous

Hasea squinted up again and watched the thing for a moment. Not watching where she was going, she stumbled over a rock but looked back down in time to catch herself. She giggled. "I... I should... Look in front..." She smiled at Sesselav. "It's... It's not... Moving... So... You'll be... Be OK..."

It seemed that Sesselav had taken her shaky prediction as fact, that it would rain tomorrow. Hasea had no idea whether it would or not, since she didn't have any kind of fortune-telling powers. She had only mentioned it because she didn't want to get her friend's hopes up in case the weather turned out differently than they wanted.

If it did rain, though, Hasea could try to get it to rain somewhere else instead. She didn't know if she could still manage it, and wasn't entirely sure if she even should, since the grass and all the animals that lived here needed that water. However, if it would make Sesselav happy, it was worth attempting.

"Well... It only might... The sky... It changes... A lot..." She grinned. "So I don't... Don't know... That far forward..."

Anonymous

Sesselav went to catch her friend as she stumbled, but luckily Hasea still had enough of herself there to catch herself. She couldn't imagine what Hasea's reaction might have been if she had fallen. Would the woman feel embarrassed? Would she...perhaps cry? Crying was a strange reaction, Sesselav only understood that because something hurt, humans produced a salty mixture from their eyes. Sesselav had no tear ducts, so she didn't cry, but she understood the meaning of it. It also came with emotional reasons, like...she had seen a happy person cry before...and a sad person who had their feelings hurt.

Really, it was all quite strange...

"I would hate for some giant bird to swoop upon us." Sesselav joked somewhat as she looked to her friend. If it were just a small bird, a normal sized creature, things would be okay, they could easily fight it off, or it might take flight after realizing its mistake. Then again...if it were a giant bird...it may...decide otherwise.

"At least we may have some kind of warning. I know...I know that it's silly to worry about rain...but...insects don't like rain." Of course, to a lesser insect, it meant hazardous things. Sesselav quickly looked back to her wings, those almost ethereal wings that were folded up against her back. She hated getting them wet. While they wouldn't break in the rain or water, being actually quite strong for looking so delicate but...when they got wet, it felt weird, and made them useless.

Blech.

Anonymous

Hasea was already plenty embarrassed just by almost falling, and if she'd actually needed to be picked up off the ground she would have just about died of shame. As it was, she was blushing again, the extra pink in her face making her look a little healthier. "Th... Thank you..." While Sesselav hadn't actually done anything, she was intending to and that was what counted.

Giant bird?! Was that what it was?! At her companion's comment, Hasea's eyes widened and she jerked her eyes back up to the sky again, her hands held protectively in front of her in a spell-casting position. No, the dot was still not moving. She calmed down and lowered her hands. It was just a joke and she had taken it the wrong way... How stupid of her! She grasped desperately for some way to save face, finding nothing very good. "And that's... What I would... I would do... If there... There was one..." she managed pathetically.

Insects... Well, Sesselav was one, there was no doubt about it and Hasea shouldn't forget that. Not that it was hard to, with the eyes, and the little pointy mouth things, and the shell, and the pretty wings and the... Well, everything, really. And it was true that they didn't like water much. When she was walking in the rain, most of the swarm went and hid in a cave or went into the... ugh, hive... and came back when it stopped.

"No... They don't..." she agreed, looking thoughtful. She wondered vaguely if she could try to drown them... No, that plan had a lot of problems, the main one being that she would probably have to drown too. She'd like to avoid that, if she could.

Anonymous

"Of course Hasea." A smile and a nod, just to show she was shrugging it off as well. That would be a touchy subject, and Hasea probably wouldn't like it analyzed or really talked about. Sesselav couldn't blame her of course. Any sort of weakness would usually never want to be talked about, while some really liked to be pitied, she couldn't see Hasea being one of those people.

Quite confused, Sesselav tilted her head slightly as she watched her friend react to her offhand comment. It hadn't occurred to Sesselav before, but now it came to light. Out of the two of them, Hasea was the only one who really knew how to fight here. Sure, she was flexible, and she could dodge incredibly well, but...she couldn't fight. As a Queen, she had a whole colony to fight for her...and in that mindset, other Queens didn't fight as well. It never dawned on Sesselav that they would actually need to defend herself.

Once in the desert city she heard of, she'd have to change that and learn.

"I am glad that one of us will know what to do, because I am afraid I will be of no help." It was slightly obvious that Hasea had overreacted and thought what she said had been true, that the cloud had been a giant bird. However, one could always be safe and be ready. She was actually happy that Hasea knew some form of defence, that she was able to protect them if it came up. Granted, the swarm could also be used, but it seemed that even without the swarm, Hasea still could do something.

Sesselav on the other hand...could act as a distraction at least?

"Now if only there were more places to hide." It was a grassland. The odds of finding something out here would probably not work out for the best. Granted, she had a few tricks that she remembered from when she was a queen. One being an umbrella of sod and grass, which nicely soaked in the water and kept her drones and workers dry. She had no idea how they came up with the idea of tearing up big pieces of grass to hold above them, but certain types of grass could almost be ripped up in sheets! "We will just have to worry about that when the rain comes I suppose." Sesselav said after a quick moment of silence, remembering that she did have Hasea here to talk with.

Anonymous

"Don't worry... I'll... I'll protect us..." Hasea stated, and then laughed. That was such a weird thought, her protecting anybody, and it wasn't like she even knew if she could. It had been a while since she last used her magic properly, and there was a possibility that she had lost it. She hoped that wasn't the case. She had just made a promise to Sesselav, and it would be terrible if she couldn't keep it, and that would make her a bad friend.

She didn't want to be one of those.

She looked around when Sesselav mentioned wanting a place to hide. The plains were flat, and open, and completely devoid of anything like a cave or a canopy, but still she scanned the landscape back and forth as if something would magically appear simply because she was looking for it. Alas, it didn't. Obviously.

"Yes... We can... We can think of that... Later..." she agreed when the silence passed. She was half-tempted to tell Sesselav that the rain might not present much of a problem, but she was loath to make two promises at once that she didn't know if she'd be able to keep. Also, it might seem like showing off, and nobody liked a braggart. She quite liked being liked, and so she kept quiet.

She felt a familiar itch on her neck, and reached up to scratch it. Looking at the crushed bug on her finger, and the few individuals that were starting to return, she sighed sadly. "That was... Quick..."

Anonymous

"And I will do as much as I can, despite my lack of combat abilities. Perhaps I can confuse the foe by somersaulting around." It would be about the only thing that Sesselav could to do help. Now she really wished she had thought about taking some form of combat, even if it was just learning how to stab people with a small dagger or something like that. Though, now that she thought of it, if something got close enough, she could probably ram her crowned head into some vital area. Ugh. How...barbaric would that be? Head-butting someone to death? She was sure she couldn't stoop that far.

Then again, if it helped to save Hasea and herself, well, she was sure she could try something.

"We will just keep walking, and see what tomorrow brings us." She told her friend simply as she continued on beside her. There wasn't going to be much that could be done about the rain now. It wasn't as if Sesselav knew any magic spells, or really...any magic. She had seen humans perform magic before, some called them divine miracles, but Sesselav just knew that it was the use of energy or mana, whatever they wanted to call it at the time.

Sesselav looked to her friend as she commented about the bugs, her finger covered with some sort  of ick from crushing one. "Maybe...maybe they are sending just a few back, before they return to the carcass." One could hope after all right? Sesselav wanted to keep her spirits up, and she rather enjoyed Hasea when the bugs were gone. She looked so...happy when they were gone. However, it seemed that the time outside of the swarm would be lost. Sesselav could only wonder how else she could help her friend.

That particular thought was broken as Sesselav stopped, scanning all around her. There was a smell, a very natural smell, but at the same time, one that wasn't very regular for Sesselav. It appeared different in her eyes as well. She knew what this could possibly be. "I believe we may find ourselves in luck." Sesselav said as she began to run forward. The scent was slightly erratic, but with her keen senses Sesselav found what she was looking for. Amongst some of the taller grass of the grasslands, Sesselav was kneeling, pulling at some thick and wider stalks of grass. At the other end were slightly small red bulbs of sort, though that appeared more to be dirt and the skin of the vegetable. "Onions Hasea. Six of them!" Sesselav was actually quite proud of herself, the details had been minute in her senses, but she had picked them up none the less.

Happily, the ant queen held the six onions up by their long stalks, an absolute grin on her face. Well, as much of a grin as she could possibly manage.

Anonymous

Hasea imagined Sesselav, as she said, somersaulting around and found the thought highly entertaining. She giggled. "That... Would be... Amazing! You... You should... Sesselav..." She laughed again. It would be great to see the dignified former queen flipping all over the place as if the ground was on fire, especially as Hasea herself had always been woefully unathletic. Even as a child she'd never managed to do a cartwheel without flopping over, and she certainly wouldn't be able to perform one now. It was nice how the two of them could cover each other's weaknesses like that.

Hasea nodded happily. She was sure that, whatever the weather, tomorrow would bring them wonderful things. After all, today had been full of luck and it could only get better from here, right? Today she had found a friend, and maybe tomorrow they could both find what they were looking for, together. If not tomorrow, then in a week, or a month.

It would be soon, she was sure this time. She could feel it.

That day would not be today, however. "May... Maybe that's... What it is..." she said doubtfully. The swarm was already thickening considerably. There probably would be a few stragglers cleaning off the last of the meat, but with about half having returned and more still appearing, it seemed like they were done with it. It was a shame, but she wouldn't let it get her down. She'd had some rare time without them, and that was a blessing. It would be churlish to expect more.

"...Oh?" She jogged after the ant woman, wondering what the excitement could be. When her friend held up a handful of onions, Hasea clapped gleefully. Sesselav had mentioned how she wanted some, and here they were! Little bits of luck were piling up all around them; it had to be a sign and there had to be more yet to come. "That's great... Sesselav... Well... Well done!" she beamed.

Anonymous

((Kinda really short and sucky, but my mind is just full of elsewhere right now.))

While Sesselav would actually relish the chance to practice her acrobatics a little bit, she didn't want to just start...showing off. Not to mention, she'd rather reserve it for...last possible chances at saving their skins...hides...exoskeletons. Whatever they respectively had covering their insides. In Hasea's case it was skin. In Sesselav's it was an exoskeleton. She had to admit, skin, though it was weak and fragile, was nice to look at. It was smooth looking, and rather...fluid. Her exoskeleton was plated and banded, it looked like a dark chocolate coloured armour.

Still, she wished there was a happy medium. The soft fluid looking skin of a human, with the strong protective power of an exoskeleton. Alas, there wasn't one, at least...not for her people.

"If they have picked clean a carcass so fast...they are perhaps a little more...interesting than I originally thought." She chose interesting as a proxy word. In this case, interesting meant 'to be looked at with more scrutiny.' Hasea might not know that, but if the bugs could have done so much damage to a carcass so quickly...they were definitely something to be...careful around. More so since they had an understanding of common speech. That still worried Sesselav, but they were harmless to her as long as she didn't threaten them.

Sesselav looked down at herself for a moment as she thought about where to put them. She didn't have any pockets. She didn't have clothes for that matter, no need after all. It presented a sort of problem didn't it? After all, Sesselav would rather wait for night to eat them, but having to carry them in her hand the whole time would become tiring. They weren't heavy, but still.

"Hasea...perhaps since you are the one with clothes...you should carry the food? Or would the swarm perhaps...eat them before night came to us?"

Anonymous

((Short and sucky... Really? XD Naw, it's cool ^^))

The swarm had worked much more rapidly than usual, and Hasea hadn't been expecting them back so soon. Come to think of it, they'd been acting sort of odd ever since she and Sesselav had met. It was curious. "They're not... Usually so... Fast... They're... They're showing off..." She giggled. "Maybe they... Maybe they like you..."

Well, she hoped that was what it was. But they weren't capable of being malicious, were they? After all, that was what she had told herself all this time.

"All right... No, they've... They've already eaten..." The swarm had scavenged an entire carcass today, so taking Sesselav's handful of onions would just be greedy and unnecessary. They didn't collect everything edible within range, anyway, just the things that took their fancy. Once she'd rested under a tree laden with unripe pears and been surprised upon waking to see that they were all still there. A blackberry bush a little way away, however, had been completely stripped. The little bastards could be so picky sometimes...

Huh, she didn't think she had any pockets either, actually, but patted herself down in case she'd just forgotten she had them. No, apparently she was right. Well, it wasn't like that was the only place to store something. After some quick thinking, she undid the fastening holding the end of a sleeve closed, took the onions and put them in there. It looked a bit strange, but they were long and thin and the dress had been made when she was in better health, so the sleeves were a little baggy. Sesselav's prized onions would stay lovely and cool until night time! "All... All safe..." she grinned.

Anonymous

((Bah, you're too good to me. Don't stop because I don't want you to be too mean to me T_T I have delicate feelings.))

That was a particularly disturbing albeit interesting thought. The swarm...liked her? Did they think that with the way she was acting she was trying to play hard to get? She didn't really understand mating methods outside of her own people, but she surmised that...she could have at least been sending signals of some sort that corresponded with their own habits. That was a particularly dreary thought really, that she was actually...ugh. They couldn't even...well could they? The size difference and all...what about their current queen?

There were...too many possibilities and too many thoughts that she really didn't want to think about.

"Oh, I forgot that you and they are connected in that sense." It was a little weird to know that she would be full from whatever the ants ate as well. She didn't understand how they did it, but for all of what Sesselav did know, they were living inside of Hasea. That meant that they had a lot of control over what happened inside Hasea's body. To control her food though...it was at least nice of them. They didn't give her enough obviously, and she probably didn't really...know she was that hungry anymore, all things considered. It was sad but...there was nothing that could be done at this time.

Sesselav watched her friend in earnest as she began to place the onions in the sleeve of her clothes. It was rather ingenious actually, and would probably have never thought of it herself. Sesselav just smiled as big as she possibly could and nodded. "Very safe, thank you Hasea." Hasea was definitely showing that she could still do anything she put her mind to. When she could put her mind to something. It further strengthened Sesselav's resolve to want to help this woman be free of this terrible...terrible curse.

Anonymous

((*pets softly and pinches cheeks* I could never be mean to you [strike:18uabks5]and actually mean it[/strike:18uabks5]! ^^

Aaand I was gonna try and have something else happen here but I don't have any ideas... Well I do have ideas but they're all for later so uh yeah shortpost ;-_-))

"I... Try not to... Remember that..." mentioned Hasea, turning paler even than usual and stifling a retch. It was true that she had just, by proxy, eaten a large amount of raw, leopard-spit-covered, slightly warm gazelle meat... Plus organs... Oh gods, that was disgusting. Very little of it was in her actual belly, but so what? It was all stored inside her somewhere, and it being a mental thing didn't make it any better.

She had always been quite squeamish and mostly dealt with the more... Biological... Aspects of the infestation by, well, ignoring them. She very much did not want to consider things of that nature. At all. She was sick enough already without making herself nauseous as well.

She beamed at Sesselav's praise, tying the end of the sleeve shut again to keep the onions in. It'd be no good if they just fell out, would it? She was very happy to be able to do this for her friend. "Is there... Anything... Else I can... I can do?" she grinned.

Anonymous

((Ah huh, whatever you say Quillsy. Ahem. Well I can't wait for later to see what you have planned!))

"Oh..I...apologize. I forgot that it is not a...simple conversation." Sesselav looked downward to the ground for a moment, somewhat...ashamed of herself for presuming that this would be an easy conversation. It probably was...quite unpleasant for Hasea. Sesselav on the other hand, while used to fine foods and drinks, of course could simply eat something such as a rotted carcass without trouble. She forgot of course that Hasea, as a human...well, she probably couldn't. They seemed to like their food cooked and all.

Sesselav at least never had to worry about an undercooked piece of meat at least.

"Forgive me for my...flippancy Hasea." That was a good word for it. She had just...not thought of the consequences, of how Hasea might have felt about it. They were two different species, and Sesselav would have to remember that sort of thing for the future.

"I think that you have done more than enough Hasea, and I thank you for your willingness." She told her friend as she reached into the swarm to put a hand gingerly on Hasea's shoulder. Yes...okay this was alright. Just a friendly gesture, that's all it was. She nodded quickly and removed her hand, slightly embarrassed before she began to start walking again. This would be okay, this would be...a simple matter really. Hopefully things could be...smoothed over. That is, if she had given offence to Hasea of course. She did seem like the kind who...didn't take offence to many things.

Just...the bugs.

With that all hopefully sorted out, Sesselav began to walk again, heading back in their original direction. To the desert. Oh to the place where there wouldn't be any of that water. At least, not in huge quantities! And it probably wouldn't fall from the sky either. How nice would that be?

Anonymous

((Don't get too excited or I might have to try and make it actually good! XP))

Hasea was startled by Sesselav's apologies. She'd only wanted to share her thoughts (or, rather, lack of them), but then it came out all wrong and she must have been horrible because now Sesselav was sad. Hasea desperately had to make her feel better... She flapped her hands and blurted out, "No... It... It's fine... I over... I overreacted... That's all..."

Oh, but she hadn't overreacted, had she? She really had meant what she'd said, so now she was lying and that just made it worse! Why was she so bad at this? She should just give up! No... No, she had to keep trying so that she might get it right, for Sesselav. She smiled at her friend, trying to relieve her once more, properly this time. "Really... It's fine... You didn't... Didn't do anything wrong..."

There, truthful and reassuring! So she could do it after all.

She was simultaneously pleased and disappointed when Sesselav thanked her. It meant she'd been useful, but also that there wasn't more she could do to help. Well, she just had to make sure that when there was more, that she would do it. "If... If there is... Anything... Just... Ask me?" That said, she skipped to catch up with Sesselav's first few steps and settled into a walk beside her. She fidgeted for a while, twitching her arms into different positions to see which was the most comfortable before deciding just to leave them by her sides like normal.

Putting the onions in her sleeves had been a good idea, definitely, but it sure did feel weird.

Anonymous

((I'll get whatever I want, you can't stop me. Also, my index and middle fingers are almost completely numb on my left hand, so ignore any spelling mistakes.))

"No please, I should not have been so cold and flippant about it Hasea. I sometimes...if it is not me it does not seem...if it is not me, it feels okay to talk about. It is...part of who I used to be I suppose." It was that queen in her, that monarch that thought of the colony on whole, but of course...as a creature that was spoiled silly by...well...a large number of creatures who's sole purpose was to please and protect her...you sometimes got a big head because of it.

"I do hope so Hasea...I did not mean to be frivolous. Yes. It is a big deal to you...and to me, since you are my friend...but...sometimes I act...I apologize." It was hard to explain, and Sesselav didn't want to seem like she was a terrible person, that she didn't care about her friend's condition, that it was something helpful. It wasn't really all that helpful. They were greedy creatures after all, and they didn't respect that Hasea was a living being.

"Rest assured that I will." She smiled at her friend and nodded. "If...I can help with anything too...I may not...be able to do much..." It was a little agonizing, knowing that you really couldn't do all that much...but she hoped that she'd be able to do something, that she'd be able to help Hasea out and be useful to her. Maybe her purpose wasn't to be useful here in the Grasslands. Maybe for now she could be mostly useless, but when they got to the desert she would be a lot more useful. Hasea would need water no doubt to drink, and she could find it quite easy!

Yes...hopefully she'd be more useful then.

Anonymous

((Ooouch, what happened there? D:))

"Well... Okay then... In that case... I... I forgive you...?" Hasea smiled uncertainly. It seemed important to Sesselav that she accepted these things as actual mistakes, so she would. If feeling bad would make her friend happy, well, it was odd, but it was the way it had to be.

This had brought to light a few things for her, though. There were matters she hadn't thought about at all in the years she'd been wandering, simply because she couldn't bring herself to confront them. How the colony's non-physical forms worked, how they reproduced and, yes, what they did with food... She barely knew anything about them, really. If she wanted rid of them, she needed to. Being forced to acknowledge them and everything about them... It was uncomfortable, but it was ultimately the best thing for her.

"But I... I should... Talk more... About... About things like that... Really..." She looked down, blinking furiously and twisting her fingers together. "I don't... Don't want to... But... But I need to... So..."

She looked back up at Sesselav and smiled. "You're... You're helping just... Just by being here..."

Anonymous

((Bah, I sleep the wrong way and it pinches a nerve, messign up my left or right hand. Terrible thing that.))

"That is...very good to hear." She gave Hasea an honest to swarm happy smile. She really was, it was very important to have Hasea forgive her. It was important as well that Hasea told her that she made a mistake, that she messed up or said something wrong. She needed to learn, and the only way for her to learn some things was to be told them. It was good to know that Hasea was willing to tell her as well. That was something she really liked about the woman too.

"If it is uncomfortable...then you shouldn't talk of it..." She really didn't want her friend to be uncomfortable after all. It was wrong in her opinion to make her speak about such things if she was uncomfortable with them. However, things seemed to be...it seemed like Hasea wanted to talk about them. That she had to talk about them.

She was probably right...she would need to talk about the bugs at some point, if she wanted to understand them eventually, if she wanted to get comfortable enough with them to destroy them eventually.

"I'm glad that I can do something for you, even when it is simply being around you." If Hasea seemed to know one thing, it was that she knew how to cheer someone up! She was definitely going to like having Hasea around with her. If she ever got down, the infinitely cheerful Hasea would be there. How she stayed so positive, Sesselav could never know...but she was grateful to have her.

Anonymous

((Aw, I hate when that happens. Also, this post might not be great, been finding it hard to focus on anything lately. >.<))

"Then I'll... I'll remember that..." Hasea's natural tendency was to blame herself or sometimes the bugs for anything that went wrong. Saying things were her fault was usually the best way to keep other people happy, when they were around. It was strange to be asked now to point out Sesselav's mistakes, but if that was what she wanted, then Hasea would try.

It seemed like now was the time to bring up many different things she normally avoided. Where the swarm was concerned, she didn't think she could ever know for sure how they worked, but that didn't mean she shouldn't try to find out. If it made her uncomfortable, then she would just have to work through it and hope the experience made her more able to deal with them when the time came. She held her posture a little straighter, the determined expression on her face making her look for a second almost like an entirely different person. "No, I... I have to... Not right now, but... But some day... I will have to..."

She smiled at Sesselav. "That's... That's not simple..." A movement in the corner of her eye caught her attention, and she turned her head to look. "Hey... Bunnies..." she grinned, pointing at some small brown mammals a short distance away that didn't really look anything like rabbits. They seemed entirely unconcerned by the two women. "Aren't they... Aren't they cute?"

Anonymous

((It's terrible when it does T_T And it's fine and dandy as a post! A very upstanding post don't you worry!))

Of course, Sesselav did hope that Hasea would use a little discretion and wouldn't start pointing out every little mistake. After all, people has faults and flaws, it was only natural, and she didn't want to be completely...flawless. Not that she was sure that was even possible. She just wanted to make sure that she didn't make too many mistakes here, that she didn't start offending people left and right. That would be terrible, all things considered, and she hoped that in the desert, people didn't find her appearance offensive. She was a giant bug woman after all, and the people here seemed to hate bugs.

She'd seen a man burn a wasp nest in the city. Not that she minded, as she hated wasps herself.

Sesselav smiled at her friend as she looked determined and spoke in the same manner. It was good to see that not all was lost for Hasea. Hopefully in the desert they could find a way to prevent Hasea from losing anymore. "Yes...some day soon then, in the desert when we look for help." That was one of the main concerns. She would ask around about her people in the desert cities, but she would also ask if anyone knew a way to help Hasea. There had to be some way of doing it, some magical means or...some natural means. Another bug that would fight them, a way to lure them all out at once and destroy them in one moment.

She chuckled at her friends comment. "If you say it isn't, then it isn't." She wouldn't argue, but she found it incredibly easy to just be around Hasea. Sesselav's attention turned to the movement as well, cocking her head sideways as she regarded them. "They don't...look like bunnies from here..." Perhaps Hasea had a better view of them, one that Sesselav didn't have. The smell from them was unfamiliar, then again, she didn't much interact with bunnies. Usually she...she uh...left them alone...becausetheyweresocute. "Don't wild rabbits usually run?"

Anonymous

((Phew! *wipes brow*))

"I'm looking... Looking forward to it," nodded Hasea. "I hope... I hope we get there... Soon..." She had some vague memories of having been in the desert before, but they didn't include any help. This time was different, though. This time she had Sesselav! It would work out this time, she just knew it. All they had to do was make it there, and everything would fall into place.

She giggled cheerfully at her friend's comment. She'd agreed that Hasea wasn't the easiest to be around, and yet she was still here. That must mean Sesselav really liked her! Well, she already sort of knew that, but it was nice to be reminded.

Sesselav was right that wild rabbits further north usually fled. Hasea guessed that since these animals didn't see many people, they wouldn't know to be afraid of them so long as they were minding their own business like she and Sesselav were. "Maybe they... Maybe they know that... That we're not... Dangerous..." As soon as she said that, one of the squat, furry little creatures made a noise and the lot of them scurried out of sight, most likely into some burrows or something similar. "Oh... No... Wait..." she continued. "There they go..."