Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Writing of boredom :o ((reply with your oppinion of it))

Started by Anonymous, April 10, 2010, 07:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Hey..Dave, look at the new girl. Dave! Are you listening to me?!"

A man in his twenties was roused from a nap he wasn't supossed to be having, blinking sleepily. His friend's excited whispers didn't register in his brain very well; only the words 'new girl' didn't go in one ear and out the other. He yawned, recieving a cup of coffee. He took a sip, looking rather dissatisfied at the lack of warmth in the liquid. "Hey, if you were gonna get me coffee, you coulda gotten a hotter cup.." Dave, wondering whether he would get time to continue his nap, was suddenly jerked out of his thoughts again. "Dave..look, she's here!" Dave brushed a few strands of unruly hair out of his face to glance lazily but curiously in the direction his friend indicated.

There she was. Tall and proud, she walked gracefully. Light brown hair and an expression that said she meant business. She wore a coat and her hair had naught a strand out of place. This was who he was to be working with? 'Hm, the boss must have been drunk when he was assigning partners..' he thought. Dave put the cold cup of coffee aside. He watched the lady sit gracefully in the chair next to him. He said, "Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm Dave." He held out his hand, and she looked at it hesitantly, as if it were something gross. Then she took it, shaking hands quickly like she didn't want to touch his hand. "My name is Sarah." Dave nodded. He said, after an smears pause, "Well, let's started then." He tried to reach across her to get a pen to write with, but she leaned away quickly, saying, "that was unessesary." He looked at her questioningly. Then, he realized with a smirk that she had heard about is somewhat notorious personality from his co-workers. She had apparently assumed that he, a flirt, would be reaching towards her chest, not across. He said, "oh, it seems that you have heard some bad things about me." "And, it seems you are as bad as they say." Her glare was fiery.

Dave sighed. "As if." Sarah's eyes widened in surprise. "First of all, quit dreaming. You aren't my type. From the moment you walked in here, swinging your hips as you walked, with your nose so far in the air that a bird could land on it, I knew that." Sarah's shocked surprise caused her cheeks to color a bit. Dave went on before she could put a word in her defence. "Anywho..." He chuckled. "With your Eskimo coat there, do you really think I could touch, or see, anything for that matter?Really." His smirk and attitude had apparently frustrated her badly. She hissed, "that...wasn't what I was talking about." Now it was Dave's turn to be surprised. "What?"

Sarah said, "I meant you were as stupid as they said. After all, you were reaching for a pen when what we needed to use was a computer. I said it was unnescessary. Then, you went on some crazy rant about me being attracted to you somehow and me not being your type. Hm...as bad as they say, huh? I guess you just proved you're a pervert, as well." It was her turn to smirk. "You know, I'm not a bit attracted to you...after all, you're so oblivious. You're not my type." She walked off gracefully, the way she had came, leaving Dave with his mouth hanging open in surprise. His friend sighed.

"real smooth, Dave."