Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Most Pressing Appointment (Kyuubi!)

Started by Anonymous, May 09, 2010, 07:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Miraj couldn't remember the last time he'd been in such a good mood. Maybe it was the invigorating tang of salt in the air, or the smell of freshly-baked raspberry tarts that wafted down the docks from a small kiosk at its end. Maybe it was the fact that he'd finally pinpointed the location of Haldus' Grimoire, an ancient tome for which he'd been searching for the past two years.

It was somewhere in Cerenis, of that he was sure. He'd recieved a tip from a certain mariner who'd seen the grimoire with his own two eyes. The book was being held by the collector of old tomes, an innocuous old man who, Miraj was positive, could be convinced (read: bribed) to part with his precious book. Haldus' Grimoire was as good as his.

He sucked in a breath of air, filling his lungs to bursting. "Ah," he said, patting his familiar on the head. The demon had chosen the form of a miniature anteater, a rather hideous creature, but Miraj was too euphoric to scold the demon. "Well then," he said, "Shall we pay the old man a visit?"

Anonymous

Tristan found himself somewhere in Cerenis. He looked a bit older than last time he wandered a city. He had a nasty scowl on his face for a moment, but it dissolved and the anger became but a glint in his eyes. He, once again, had his wings covered by a jacket of sorts. This time, however, he had a painful-looking slash on his cheek and on his back, but that wasn't visible. He almost snarled at the people going by. He was in a rather nasty mood earlier, but as he thought about other things, he simply got into a rather annoyed mood. He suddenly saw a figure, someone he swore he saw somewhere before.

Ah. Miraj, was it? He had always had a good memory. But, he wondered if he was really in the mood to talk. He walked up from behind the other man, saying, "Greetings, sir. I thought we would meet again one day."

Anonymous

Miraj turned to face the man who addressed him. It took him a couple of seconds to recognize the boy who stood before him, but when he did, his face broke into a wide smile. "Ah, yes! I remember you. The boy with the wings," he said. What was his name, again? It had started with a T, he was almost certain, but beyond that he couldn't remember. Tristan may have had a good memory, but when it came to Miraj's memory for names, he was terrible.

Ah, no matter. Miraj wasn't embarrassed to admit that he couldn't remember the boy's name. He remembered everything that happened during their last encounter, and that was all that really mattered, right? "I do apologize, dear boy, but I do believe I've forgotten your name."

Anonymous

"Tristan." He said his name plainly, no real emotion to it. He wiped a little blood off his face, grimacing a tiny bit. It hurt. A lot. But it wasn't like was going to show it. He'd felt worse, after all. He looked into the other man's eyes, and said, "How have you been?"

Anonymous

Miraj smiled, oblivious to Tristan's foul mood. "I can't complain, wing-boy, I certainly can't complain. I have an appoint with a certain Sir Garrett, of Cerenis. He has something of mine, but he doesn't know it yet." Miraj winked, slapping the boy on the shoulder and giving him a friendly pat. Apparently, he'd  forgotten all about their last confrontation, in which he'd ordered his demon to attack the boy without provocation. Now, he was as friendly as a puppy.

Anonymous

Tristan sighed, wincing a little at being slapped on the back. The name sounded a little familiar. He crossed his arms, wondering why this guy was suddenly friendly after attacking him a while earlier? He dismissed the thought, now caring. He said, "Well now. That's good. I, however, have seen better days." He muttered something, then thought about the injury on his back. He knew it should be treated sooner than later, and he wasn't about to spin about trying to reach his back like a dog after its tail. He didn't want to show anyone his wings either. He sighed, and said, "hey, can you help me with something?" No matter how much he hated asking for help, at least it wouldn't hurt as much.

Anonymous

Miraj blinked, caught off-guard by Tristan's request. Miraj couldn't remember the last time he'd been approached for help; those who knew him well understood that the likelihood of him offering any sort of assistance (that didn't directly benefit him) was nil. "Uhm..." Miraj said, blinking. Hell, he was in a good mood -- it couldn't hurt to humor the boy. "...I suppose that would depend on what you need help with."

ooc: bleh, sorry 'bout the shortness X|

Anonymous

((its ok I have short posts too))

Tristan felt completely stupid and frustrated for asking for help from anyone. His nature made him feel even more annoyed at it. "Well, I was in a  fight and I got cut on the back. Can you help fix it up?" He sighed, a little trace of embarrassment on his face. "Look, I'll give you something if you do it. What that is is up to you."

((wow, that kinda sounded suggestive xD))

Anonymous

Miraj raised both eyebrows, unsure if the boy really understood what he was offering. "Oh my," he said, making a show of thinking over Tristan's offer. He had already decided he was going to help the boy, for no better reason than he was in an unusually chipper mood. Besides, Tristan's offer was rather tempting. "Hm," he said, fixing Tristan with a shrewd look. "I'm not sure whether you have anything to offer that I'd find particularly useful, but... what can I say? I'm a magnanimous fellow. I'll see what I can do."

The docks were rather crowded at this hour of the day; Miraj didn't feel comfortable practicing his magic in such a public place. There was always the chance that there was someone nearby who was... necromancer-unfriendly. "Come -- let's find somewhere a bit more secluded, shall we?"

((now *that* sounded really suggestive XD XD))

Anonymous

((xD where is this going?))

Tristan nodded, thinking about this offer. He didn't think much about what he had offered, for that could be anything technically. He looked up at the sky for a moment, seeing not a cloud, and said, "Alright. I have a hotel room I'm staying in..." He strode off, motioning for Miraj to follow. He took off his shirt right as they entered, and he said rather commandingly, "fix it.", pointing to the cut on his back, a bit below his wings. The commanding tone in his voice hid his embarassment at the situation.

Anonymous

((ahaah, don't worry, Tristy's safe XD))

Miraj took a moment to absorb his surroundings, his nose wrinkling in disgust. Hotel rooms were just so... plebian. He'd never actually seen one up-close before; even when he traveled, he was certain to find upscale lodging in the wealthier districts of town.

Tristan's commanding tone pulled his from his appraisal of the room, and more into an appraisal of Tristan's manners. "Excuse me? That's not the tone you take with someone who has just agreed to heal your wounds. Tch." He clucked his tongue. "Now take a seat. Have you heard of flesh sculpting before? It's a necromantic art, similar to bonemancing or telekinesis. It's not exactly healing, but I should be able to close the wound and stop any further bleeding. Now sit," he said. "And hold still."

Anonymous

Tristan sighed. "I apologize." Then, he listened closely to what was being said. He nodded as he thought about it. Sounded like it would hurt a little. Joy. But, better than bleeding a lot. He sat down on a stool as he was told, a trace of embarrassment still there. He couldn't help but think this all seemed a little...suggestive. He moved his wings in a position so they would not be in the way.

Anonymous

Miraj pulled back both his sleeves and cleared his throat, sifting through his memory for the proper incantation. He muttered the spell words under his breath, then pressed his palm over the wound on Tristan's back. The boy would have felt a tingling heat as the wound closed in on itself, slowly stitching itself back together, like two pieces of fabric. Miraj smiled, admiring his handiwork. "All right. Now turn around."

It had occurred to him, midway between speaking the incantation and pressing his palm to Tristan's back, that they were in a rather... intimate position. Naturally, Miraj wouldn't dream of acting on any... manly urges -- Tristan was far too young for his tastes -- but it still made the blood rise to his face. Just a little. Stop that, Miraj, he told himself, biting his lip.

Anonymous

Tristan felt the heat, realizing it didn't hurt as much as he thought it would. He was relieved to feel the wound closed and not a danger anymore. He turned around, his cheeks having a touch of pink. "Thank you very much." His wings folded behind him, and he looked away. "Ah...I should probabaly tell you something. I'm immortal, so...well, about 424 could be an approximation of my age."

Anonymous

Miraj blinked, unsure of what to make of this sudden revelation. After a couple seconds of blank-eyed staring, his face broke into a grin. "Ahh... ha. Yes, of course," he said, a note of sarcasm creeping into his voice. "And I should probably tell you something." He leaned forward, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper. "I'm the King of Connlaoth."

He smirked. Then, before Tristan could say anything else, he pressed his palm to the boy's forehead, muttered the flesh-sculpting incantation, and fixed up that wound as well. Silly boy, thinking he was immortal... he must have gotten hit in the head harder than he'd thought.

Anonymous

Tristan looked a bit annoyed at the other man's sarcasm, and opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by the spell that healed his cheek. He sighed, annoyed a little. Then, he stood up and shapeshifted into an older version of himself, looking about 24. "I'm a shapeshifter, so I'm immortal." He smirked back. Playing games, just like last time.

Anonymous

Miraj's jaw dropped; now he was well and truly surprised. "Well now, that was... unexpected. You'll excuse me for saying so, Tristan, but I find it a bit hard to believe that you're so old. Especially when you look so young." Truth be told, Miraj was still a little skeptical (Tristan behaved rather young for a 424-year-old shapeshifter), but he decided not to press it any further. Instead, he said, "But that doesn't matter. I believed you promised me something of value. For healing you, that is. I'm interested in hearing what you have to offer."

He was anxious find Sir Bennett, but that could wait a few more minutes. That grimoire wasn't going anywhere.

Anonymous

Tristan shrugged. "believe me or don't." he scanned the room absently. "What I have to offer? Well, whatever you'd like me to do I'll do it, as long as it's not too crazy or odd." He didn't know what else to say, really.

Anonymous

"Tch," Miraj scoffed. "You sounded like you had something specific in mind when you offered to give me anything I wanted in exchange for healing you. But no matter." Miraj glanced around the room, but found nothing of particular interest to him. He doubted the boy kept any rare magical artifacts on hand, or if he did, that he'd be willing to hand them over to Miraj. "I'm afraid I can be quite uncreative when it comes to extracting favors from people. I'll have to think about it. For now, let's get out of this stuffy rathole." He wrinkled his nose. How he hated inns.