Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

* Searching

Started by Anonymous, May 07, 2005, 08:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Nall ducked under the overhang of a building, sat, pulled her knees close to her chest and watched the lazy rain mist over the dark streets. Despite her best effort, she hadn't been able to keep her white cape white. Long streaks of dirt covered its hem, no matter how many times she cleaned it in the fountain. The ends of her red ribbon were starting to fray just a little, so she kept it in her pocket and went back to wearing a purple one that was once a scrap of her old robe. They were her momentos of them, physical memories to go with all the true memories. Momentos, because they were both gone.

And it was her fault one was gone. Nall sniffed and leaned her head against the wall, looking up at the overhang.

She had been mad at Atam. Mad because he was a jerk and made Akso leave. At first she thought Akso left to do some more training. Time proved otherwise, there was no sign of Akso anywhere. Then, Nall thought Akso went back to being a ghost and kept looking for signs that she was around. There were no signs. Atam agreed to help her look around Adela for any sign of Akso. It was while they were looking that all the peices snapped together. Akso and Atam were arguing before she left, at the moment Nall didn't think much of it, she didn't see any need to. They always argued, but it never got to them, she didn't think it did. Knowing made her mad.

Couldn't Atam have done something to keep Akso from getting mad? It couldn't have been that hard. She yelled at him, telling Atam how angry she was because he made Akso go away. Atam looked confused and that made her madder still.

So she ran. Yelling more would just make her madder. Maybe that's what Akso was thinking, that she had to go someplace away from Atam so she wouldn't be so angry. Couldn't she have told her she was leaving? She heard Atam running after her, calling after her and ran faster, weaving through a crowd. If he caught her she would get even madder.

Then she heard Atam scream. In surprise, in pain. She may have been mad at him, but she didn't want him to be hurt. Nall stopped running and turned around. She couldn't see Atam through the crowd and slipped through them. There was a big, dark green circle behind Atam and green chains coming out of it, wrapping around Atam's wrists, neck and waist. His legs were hidden in the circle.

When she saw him she tried to run to him, but Atam told her to stay back and was dragged into the circle, which disappeared in a blink, before she could get to him.

Then she was alone.

A few people tried to talk to her after he disappeared. She ran from them, running up and down the streets and yelling for both Akso and Atam until her voice was hoarse. They didn't answer. Akso was gone because she was mad at Atam. Atam was gone because of her. If she didn't run the circle would have gotten both of them.

She didn't want to stay at the Inn. It made her think of Akso and Atam, and she didn't have enough money to keep renting a room. She had to make her meagre valuables last until she found them again. For the last three days she would walk around Adela during the day, searching for any sign of them, trading her bracelets for food and sleeping when she found a reasonably safe place.

The building she was at now was too open. It was out of the rain but it was facing the main street. She could wait out the rain, but as soon as it let up she had to find a safer place. The clouds above flashed and rumbled faintly. Nall rested a cheek against her knees and clenched her teeth to keep them from rattling. As soon as the rain faded she'd find a better place to hide and sleep.

Anonymous

"Yaaaaaaaay!" exclaimed a very loud and excited voice. "It's raining! Yay! It's raining! It's raining, it's pouring!! La la-la la-la la! W'oooooo!"
Virus cartwheeled through the street, smacking droplets of rain away with her feet with each successful cartwheel performed. Finally she landed on her feet and bounced back over to her companion.
"'ey! You know what? You know what?" Virus started, her voice absolutely giddy and dripping with hyper anticipation. "This would be a great place to 'ave a fight in? 'uh? 'uh? 'ow 'bout that, 'uh? You know? You know?? Like, 'aving a big, 'uge fight right 'ere in like all of this pouring rain and stuff and it'd be like woa'  and wow and stuff and it'd be right in middle of city and stuff and WOW you know what it'd be like? I know what it'd be like! Let's go! Go, go, Neo! I like the rain! Do you like the rain?"
Then, suddenly, Virus took notice of someone else. Without much warning, she backwards somersaulted all the way over to the overhang of the building that Nall was hiding under and smiled ear-to-ear.
"'I!!!!" Virus greeted in an overly loud voice. "'ey! What're doin'? What're doin'? 'ey! 'I! My name's Virus! My name's Virus! What's your name? 'uh? 'uh? 'ey! You know what? You know what? Guess what! It's raining! Yaaaaaay! It's raining! Let's dance! W'oooo!"
Virus started to dance by rotating her hips in one direction and her hands in the other direction as if she were holding a cane.

Anonymous

Noting that Fleurety didn't like the rain would be about as redundant as noting that plants needed a mixture of water, carbon dioxide, good soil and abundant death threats to grow big and healthy. Or maybe not, Fleurety was about as annoyed by rain as your average person with a umbrella.

Fleurety floated a foot or so behind Virus, his legs crossed under him, a foot on each knee, his hands and the end of his ponytail folded on top of his shins. The rain didn't touch him, it boiled away to steam about a centimeter away from him.

It didn't surprise him much that Virus liked the rain. Virus liked just about everything, especially if that something had anything to do with Neo, which apparently rain did. He smirked as Virus began flipping off towards- what have we here, lucky lucky shelter from the rain. No more curling up like a kitten under a storm drain. And speaking of kittens, Fleurety smirked wider. Looked like Virus found someone to play with.

Nall started she heard the sudden cheerful 'Hi', or at least she thought it was a 'hi' the accent was a little strange. The speaker was a girl, with a blindfold and pink hair and she didn't stop with the 'hi'. The girl's excitement was addicting, Nall smiled a little, and tried to follow along with her rapid fire speech. It was a good thing the girl repeated herself a couple times, or Nall would have been in the dark. When the girl, Virus, began dancing Nall giggled and pushed herself up to her feet. "I'm Nall," she grinned widely.

Smoke. Something was burning. Nall turned toward it and shrieked, backing toward one of the pillars that supported the overhang.

There was a man standing in front of two smoking black marks that looked like boot prints and he was looking right at them. Nall shivered, his eyes were strange, yellow like a wolf's, they scared her.

Anonymous

A small midget of man, in other words a gnome, came running from scene left exclaiming with profanities. "A flood is coming a flood is coming, a damned flood is coming to take me away!!!!!" The small gnome ran under the legs of the tall redhead that the rain did not touch.  

"Ah cover...sweet cover....if only I were about three feet taller and didn't have this long beared, I'd be able to stand the water...but nooooooooo, God so elegantly made me a shortshit hairball." Dillysbury took off his little pointy hat to ring the water out of it and upon doing so showed a head and part of his face covered in long, greyish almost-yet-not-so-much wirey hair. "Ah great, now my pants are soaked, the ladies are gonna think I'm one short little perverted freak." Once he began talking to himself in his mind like this, he wouldn't be able to stop until a question had an answer or someone approached him.

The problems Dillsbury came into faded as he realized just what he was under. Taking one good look up, Dillsbury screeched as he saw the lowerside of a giant man. Well giant man to him that is. But, that too faded as he saw one of the most beautiful, same size as him just about, hyper, full of life lady with the most glorious pink hair.

The opposing enemy, the flood, no longer had a front seat in his mind. This girl did. Straightening his hair and making sure he wasn't looking like a pervert hairball, Dillsbury began walking up to the girl.

"Hi...I heard your voice from a far my lady, might you be the darling young woman that has come to rescue me from the perals of a flood?" Dillysbury put on his fake, "I want a nice young chick to swoon over me, sugardaddy take me for a ride" romantic accent to try and win over this beauty-

"Hold the phone, another hott short chick!!!" Dillsbury spoke to himself as a dreamy ear to ear grin appeared on his face. "God, I love you man, I know I give you crap about making me short but, thank you for this great and honorable gift." Dillysbury continued to speak to himself as he watched the young woman. Giggling as the two interacted with each other.

"Hello there dearies, I'm Dillsbury, a traveling gnome from the lands of Dwarfism and Antigianta, I am delighted to meet such beauty on a long and straining quest." Dillsbury chimed as the preminent voice in his head began speaking and stating the lies that were just told.

Anonymous

"'I Nall! I'm Virus, but I already told you that!" Virus giggled. "W'eeeeeeee!"
Enter the approach of a knee-high man named Dillsbury.
Virus spun around several times before finally slowing down to a halt and facing the gnome. "Gee! You sure do talk funny Mr. Short man! My lady? Where? Where? Flood?Oh no! Oh no! There's a flood! Where's a flood?" Virus' head darted left and right and she hunched over a little bit, bringing her hands up near her face. "I know 'oo can rescue us! Neo can rescue us! Yaaaaaay! Neo's gonna rescue us! Did you 'ear that, Nall? Neo's gonna rescue us from the mean and nasty and RRRWARR flood!"
Virus cocked her head to the side as Dillsbury invoked the name of some invisible person and then proceeded to talk to the very same. "'oo are you talkin' to? 'uh? 'uh? Are you talkin' to yourself?" Virus giggled. "You're funny! You're talking to yourself! Do I know someone 'oo talks to themself? Nope, nope, nope! Not a one! That's why you're so special, Mr. Short man! Yaaaaaay! W'oooooooo!"
Virus' face brightened up in childish wonder as the lands from which the gnome hailed from were mentioned. "Dorffizzum? Auntie-Gi-anta? 'Ooooooo! I've never been there before I don't think! Are those places big and stuff like Megacity 'cause Megacity is real big and enormous and 'uge-"
Quest? Quest!
The little girl took in a mouthful of air in surprise. "You're on a quest too??? Yaaaaaaay! So am I! So am I!" Virus bounced over to Fleurety and started tugging excitedly on his pants leg, "Fluffy! Fluffy! Mr. Short man is on a quest too! Mr. Short man is on a quest too! A real quest! Quest! Quest! Quest! Quest for fire! 'Oooooo! Fire! Yaaaaaaay! Fire! 'e's on a quest! A quest for fire! Lots of fire! Fire! Fire! We don't need no water! Fire! Yaaaay!"
Virus backflipped over towards Dillsbury and proudly announced, "I'm on a quest too! I'm on a quest too! I'm looking for someone! Guess 'oo!! Come on! Come on!"
Virus started giggling uncontrollably; she was so happy!

Anonymous

Nall whimpered and sank down to her knees, still hiding behind the pillar. There was another weird person! The rain seemed to kick up since she first got under the overhang, so she wasn't sure about running to another building. It was cold out, she didn't want to be wet and cold. Maybe if she kept hiding they would just forget she was there. She watched Virus talk to the strange little man

Fleurety raised an eyebrow, so that was the creature walking under him while he was floating. Seemed like an eccentric little fellow. An eccentric little fellow with a taste for little girls apparently. Fleurety smirked and crossed his arms, maybe he thought Virus and the other girl were from the same race he was. He must not have spent much time around taller creatures than him. This was going to be amusing.

Nall raised her eyebrow when Virus told her that 'Neo' was going to save them from the flood. Was the wolf eyed man Neo? It looked like Virus and him were traveling together, since she didn't ask him a barrage of questions. And thinking of wolf-eyes, Nall looked back up at him and sighed. He wasn't watching her, he was watching Virus and the little man and he looked like he was laughing at them on the inside.

The poor smitten bastard. How to break it to him that the girl he was so smitten with was just that, a girl. He should find it out on his own, the look of enlightenment on his face would be a treat to see. An absolute treat. Hmmm... what if the little man was the jealous type?

When Virus launched herself at his pantleg opportunity knocked. Fleurety invited it in and served it tea.

Well, actually he flicked a few strands of hair out of Virus' face in a doting manner and let his hand linger a little. Fleurety couldn't help but smirk a little wider once Virus began cheering about fire. "You've learned so well," he purred, leaning forward to kiss the side of her head before she flipped back to the short man. Fleurety watched her, tilting his head to the side and watching the man closely.

"Fluffy?" Nall giggled and then clapped a hand over her mouth once she realized she said that aloud.

Anonymous

Dillysbury made his way under the ledge that Nall had been under. Once under he took off the napsack that he held at his side and opened it, revealing several books of the erotic type.

"Beaten to Death by Hard Cock." "Bang me up my ass till it bleeds." "Don't touch me just cum on my face," and "Necrophilia: Is it really as stiff as people say it is."

Dillsbury kept the books in his napsack so the ladies wouldn't see them. And he hoped that the other gentleman wouldn't say anything. Although his luck would be that it gets split right open. He closed it back immediately, none of them were wet.

Dillsbury's eyes shifted from side to side as he walked to the edge and rested against the same pillar Nall was hiding behind.

"So, how are you young lady?" Dillsbury asked as he caught site of the kiss that Fleurety gave to Virus and laughed.

Although it was something that he wanted to do to her on a smaller level, it would take more than a kiss to make him jealous. After all, he grew up in a land where Gangbangs and Orgies were a common occurence and to be jealous there would be uncalled for. Everyone had a woman. Even the family gnome dog had a woman. (Eeeewww)

Dillsbury looked over at Nall again. She sure is pretty. Like a danty dignified little woman. Wait.....little woman....brain...interpreting words.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm. All Dillsbury needed was a little woman. Someone that would be small like him yet be an amazing screw in bed. He had found all his magickal studies to last him a lifetime in a previous land and now wanted to satisfy himself beyond belief.

So why not try and mack on two chicks at one time, see what happens.

"So, what brings you here m'lady?" He asked Nall as he shifted to look at her better.

Anonymous

Virus' face began to puff up like one of those fish when she realized that she hadn't received an answer from the short man after four and half seconds. She began to bounce around impatiently as Dillsbury was obviously paying more attention to Nall than to guessing who she was looking for.
And, for no real explicit reason, she jumped onto and perched on Dillsbury's napsack of 'stuff' in an effort to reacquire his attention span and began to speak fast, "'ey! Come on now! Guess! Guess! Guess 'oo I'm looking for! 'ey, I'll guess what you're on a quest for if you guess 'oo I'm looking for! It'll be fair! Fair and square! Fair, fair, fair, fair, fair, fair! So come on! Come on! Guess! I know! I'll guess! You're on a quest for...um...stuff! Like, knowing stuff kinda stuff! Yeah, you wanna know things! Just like Neo! You wanna find answers! Just like Neo! Yaaaaaaaaay! Ok! Now guess 'oo I'm looking for! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess! Guess!"
Virus grinned ear-to-ear and eagerly waited for Dillsbury to guess. Obviously, she was very intent on hearing the man's guess.

Anonymous

That one certainly is loud Tainjer thought to himself. He was drifting in place above Nall, staying in his elemental form. As he turned his windy head away from Virus and down to Dillsbury, causing a breeze to brush past Nall's face.

Tainjer watched patiently, these beings who had come out from the rain. It was easier for him to stay outside when he was in this form, as an indoor breeze wasn't too common, at least for the richer places and he never liked the commoner places, too rowdy and wild, not that he didn't like the wild part, just he would get hit by a mug of ale once in a while, causing him to flicker back to his human form for a second.
Tainjer liked to watch. He liked to learn about what was around him, and he found that was easiest from his airy form. people didn't get unsettled as much if they couldn't see someone watching them...unless they looked closely enough at his faint outline.

Tainjer watched the interaction between Dillsbury and Nall, wondering what may become of it. He studied their faces, maybe to learn more of their personality and make a guess to what will happen. Tainjer found that he learned faster by trying to figure things out before he finds the answer. Not finding anything useful for his prediction, Tainjer waited for any scrap of information he could pick up, patiently waiting for the next move

Anonymous

A look of ultimate shock came to Dillsbury's face and the hyper little woman sat on his sack. And after seeing the books that he had in the sack Dillsybury's first images of the woman came accompanied by a giant plastered dick in her hands with a smile on her face and white satly creamy goodness on her face and lips.

He fell back against the pole and began breathing heavily. "Wh-wh-wh-what are you trying to do give me a heartattack?" He let out in a panick. "You're searching for the guy you were talking about perhaps? Neo?"

Dillsbury closed his eyes and shook his head and once he opened them again, the extra things were gone. (Ah, back to normal)

Dillysbury smiled at Virus and giggled a bit. "I used to be as hyper as you a few years ago. Although that was a very different land than this. (Yes dillsbury, Yahoo D&D is different than this)

Dillsbury took a final breather and waited for Nall's reply.

Anonymous

Nall paled when the short man came up to her and began talking. This shyness wasn't like her, but she'd never really been anywhere on her own. She always had Pa or Ma or Kayia or Akso or Atambrean. Even if they weren't close she could always yell and they'd be there.

The breeze calmed her down some, reminding her of when Akso was a ghost and used breezes to move things. She smiled a little, just because she couldn't see someone didn't mean they weren't somewhere. In a way the smile was also caused by the man getting distracted by Virus.

Fleurety raised an eyebrow and smirked, half tempted to do something stupid to see if Dilsbury even realized he was here. It probably wouldn't work, he snickered a bit, unless he managed to shirnk himself three feet and become female. When the man began rummaging through his bag Fleurety's happened to wander in that direction. He noticed one of the titles, the way Dilsbury kept them mostly hidden away in the sack and the general 'walking on eggshells' feeling in the way he handled them.

Interesting, the little man was a closet pervert. Perhaps he was trying to find a partner to relive the cheeky fantasies he'd read about. If he was, he must have woken up that morning with that idea, why else would he be pulling a Prince Charming routine on a pair of children? No, he may have been seeking a dumb floozy that could be talked into mimicing what he'd already read. But, could someone that lacked the creativity to come up with their own little sexual games even think up something like that on their own? Fleurety doubted it, it must have been part of the meagre plot in one of his books.

Then Virus ascended the bag and Dilsbury almost had a stroke. Fleurety laughed aloud. "I think he's had quite some luck on his quest for knowledge Virus, his bag looks like it's about to burst."

Nall's smile faded when Dilsbury looked back at her. He hadn't given up on talking to her. "Nuthin'," she said softly. She couldn't just outright tell him that she was looking for someone. Actually, she should see if she could talk to Virus, see how she was doing in her search for Neo.