Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Within the Sands

Started by Anonymous, June 21, 2010, 12:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She chuckled, "You won't think that once you've seen me mad. I may not curse very often but I've delieved some nasty bruises on people." She picked up a piece of meat as well as took delicate bits out of it. "So where are you-..we heading to after this?"

Anonymous

"Well, I usually go from village to village, and oasis to oasis, at least the ones that are still around. The important part of a journey as a merchant, to ensure your camels stay alive, but you don't just fill your wagon full of water and feed." He usually found the perfect balance, so long as he could find an oasis once in a while. Villages and an oasis were a tad scarce, and some cactus plants were very bad to eat and drink from, but he knew the safe ones at least. "But in the end, we're going north. Back to my home country of Serendipity. We'll...probably stop in Ketra though." At least the Serha plains had some rivers that they could follow...and then again, he'd be trading the camels back to his friend on the plains. Then he could get his horses back...and things would be good!

Anonymous

"So I'll finally get to see my mother's home, and Adela as well," Adalade said pleasantly. She had always wanted glimpse the great forests of Adela, she found it hard to imagine an area brimming with so many trees. Then again, all she had known was the grasslands and the desert. "I can't wait."

Anonymous

"You will have to wait though Adalade, it will take a while. Maybe...a month or so?" It depended on the route, and the oasis that he found, as well as the villages. However, he didn't mind the travelling really. There was a purpose in the end for it after all. "Now I have better company than just camels to talk to." He mused out loud as he looked to his companion. "And I'll try not to smell too much, I promise."

Anonymous

She turned to smile at Narak, "Like I said earlier, you smell fine. And I certainly hope I can met the expectations to keep better company than camels."

Anonymous

"You won't be saying that after a few days of not bathing." Narak said sardonically with a smirk. He just hoped that he didn't drive her off with a bad smell. It was possible after all. Maybe he'd make it so a lot of smoke from the cooking fire blew onto him so he'd smell like food. Then again, if she was a wolf and got hungry, that could turn out to be...interesting. "Do you mind if I ask you something Adalade? Your ability...can it be passed on like the werewolves?"

Anonymous

She chuckled, she had been around worse. Some of the people she had seen around the villages she visited smelled putrid, it looked like they hadn't bathed in weeks. "Do you mean the shifting?" she cocked her head in confusion, she wouldn't really consider shifting an ability.

Anonymous

He nodded at her question. "Yes, the shifting. I know with Werewolves if you're bitten, sometimes even scratched they turn into a werewolf themselves so..." He just left that hanging as he shrugged. "I wondered if it was an ability passed on from parent to child, or if it could be...passed on like a cold. Not that I mean to say it is a disease or a virus."

Anonymous

She smiled, "You won't catch it, unless somehow you're reborn as the child of two shifters. The fact that I got my second form is a one-in-a-million miracle for someone of half-blood like I am. Some half-bloods rarely even get any animal characteristics."

Anonymous

Narak nodded, his worries put to rest by her words. It wasn't as if it would be terrible of course, but he really liked being just a pure human. It meant a lot of opportunities were abound for him, being able to travel through every country without any worry. "Well, I guess I have to worry if I make you too angry and you decide to bite me then. It'll just hurt really bad." He grinned at her before laughing quietly afterwards. They definitely had a good back and forth, things wouldn't be too bad travelling together. He was sure he was gonna like it.

Anonymous

She chuckled, "I've been told that my bite is even worse than my bark." Sure there were going to be ups and downs to this trip, but Narak had been the only one to bring her out of her shell. She liked being able to laugh and joke around, she prayed that the trust she was about to put in him wouldn't be betrayed.

Anonymous

He laughed as he put a hand to his arm and rubbed it. "I don't know about that, when we first met your bark was pretty painful." Narak teased playfully, grinning at her. He just had to watch what he said, but he was sure that he wouldn't upset her anymore. He didn't imagine that he would anytime soon, he had found her buttons for the most part. He just hoped that there weren't...phases with her when nothing he said was right and everything was wrong.

Anonymous

To this she burst out laughing, "I seem to have that affect on most men. I do apologize though, I hadn't gotten much money off my last performance and so I was more than a little irked. Lately I've been getting less, I mean I don't make people pay to watch me but normally I get enough to last me to the next town. I wasn't sure I had even made that much."

Anonymous

Narak only smiled. "It worked out in the end though didn't it? I didn't mind of course, I should have been a little more tact." It was over anyway, they were travelling companions now, probably two who would do quite well together even. It was Narak's hope at least. "I know that street performances can be difficult. I used to dabble in juggling to amuse people...I made enough to eat, but not to travel from one place to another."

Anonymous

She scoffed, "You juggled? That I can't believe. Then again, a merchant thief is something I've never quite heard of before."

Anonymous

"Merchant thief? Now where did you get an idea like that?" He asked her, his eyes sparkling as he looked at her with an amused smile on his face. "You didn't believe that little story was me, or that it was real did you?"

Anonymous

"You didn't quite deny it when I called you a thief earlier," she leaned back against the bench with her arms crossed, from there she raised one eyebrow and stared at him from under her long lashed, "Besides, who said that I was the little girl? I've met many children throughout my wandering profession."

Anonymous

"I did deny it a little bit." Narak pointed out with a smile. He had sort of denied it, but not enough that he it would seem like he protesting and getting flustered by it. He was able to keep a straight face about it. "I suppose this is true though. However, you confirmed it later on. But a merchant being a thief? That's a little far fetched don't you think? In an event, yes, I juggle."

Anonymous

"So what if I did, at least I said it didn't I? As I recall, you haven't yet. Besides, in this world I'd believe you were a merchant thief over a juggler," she said after taking another bite of dried meat.

Anonymous

"No no, I'm just a merchant and an orphan boy from the streets." He reached into the back of the wagon, into his bag, and pulled out whatever he could get his hands on. In the end, he found a small ball of yarn, a small satchel that sounded like it was filled with bronze, and a small piece of obsidian. He had plans for the obsidian, he had got in Essyrn from a trader and thought he could find someone to make it into some nice jewellery. He stood up on the bench and began to juggle the three items. He actually seemed rather good at it...actually he seemed to be rather good considering they were moving while he was juggling. "It's all in the hips. And the wrist...hands...eyes...upper torso really..."