Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

``Cursed``

Started by Anonymous, May 14, 2005, 06:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She meeped silently and flinched when Jak jerked and then yelled at her, shrinking back and lowering her head.  She was overwhelmed by his tone and focused on that rather than what he was saying.  She pulled her hands to her chest immediately, trembling.  Her face expressed sudden fear from being yelled at for something that she hadn’t realized she had done.  What did she do??  Why was he yelling??  She did not know she wasn’t supposed to touch those...  I mean, what was so wrong with it anyway?  Her eyes were wide and filled with confusion.  She didn’t mean to...  Then Jak spoke once more and she flinched again in surprise.  He wasn’t yelling this time, but she still wasn’t sure what to do.  She listened to his random statement and then came his apology.  She relaxed a tad bit after that and exhaled shakily, still looking up at him from where she rested on her knees against the bed.  Her ears fell back and she looked away from him, still not sure if she should move away or...or...what should she do?!...

Anonymous

He flinched as she looked away, scared of him and his anger. Dammit! He was never going to win, was he?? He was too crude, too mean for her. She'd always be nervous around his quick temper, even if he never hurt anyone close to him out of anger.
Roo knew that well enough not to be phased by his snappy nature.

But not Juun...

Frustrated, he stood abruptly and stepped around her, lacing his fingers tightly behind his head and just standing there, a ways off from her. The room really wasn't big enough to pace in, so he just stood, tensing all his muscles to the point where they almost hurt.
Calm...calm Jak...
Just be calm...

Finally, he let out a deep breath and visable relaxed, the corded muscles in his back smoothing out under his pale skin. "Maybe...maybe we really shouldn't have bonded you to us...you don't seem to..." He sighed, tensing those laced fingers again. "You don't seem to like me...or Roo...very much..." The equally ornate tattoos on his back, which had originally been blocked from Juun's sight, were now visable, spreading across both shoulder blades and trickling down his spine. They were by far the largest of all his markings.

Anonymous

Jak slipped away from her swiftly then, and she flinched yet again.  She braced her hands behind her to keep from falling on her back after he passed her.  She turned her head slowly to look at him as he stood facing away from her with his hands behind his head.  She saw and felt the tenseness in his body and that made her feel worse until she saw the continuing markings down his slender shoulders.  Her attention veered to them almost immediately, tracing them with her eyes.  So pretty...  Those tattoos looked good on him.  They were luring...and then Juun blushed at her own thoughts and shrank back, trying not to stare at them too much now.  His words were said, but they did not reach her so soon.  Distracted by his body, she caught the last of it and blinked.  That wasn’t true...  It was just...she did not know them...  Its hart to like somebody when they enslave you and then yell at you...  And if her expression didn’t reach Jak, those loud emotions did.

Anonymous

And indeed those emotions did reach Jak, loud and clear. His teeth clenched as he flinched. Horrible, he was horrible...
Gods, how did he ever think she could be their companion? No one but Roo could deal with his rampant emotions.
And only those with the same curse as he could understand those same emotions.

No...this was wrong...they had to let her go. There was no point in trying to befriend someone whow as afraid of you. She might have become friends with Roo, but with him around, she'd always be skittish, nervous. And since Roo would never leave his side, as she had said and proved all too often, there was just no hope for this to work out.

Dammit...
Dammit....

He turned abruptly, fists clenching at his sides. "I can't take this anymore...you make me feel like I'm some monster..."
And without warning he was back toward the bed, opening the window next to it, and slipping out, pulling himself onto the roof with little effort. The morning rays were just starting to warm the air, and there he sat, arms crossed on his knees, brooding.

And there were tears in his eyes.

Anonymous

Juun froze in shock at his words.  A shiver went up her spine and she couldn’t breathe for that instant.  He headed toward her speedily and she jerked to the side as he went past her and to the window.  She tried to yell his name, but without a breath, not even a whisper came out.  A monster??!  No! He wasn’t a monster!  What did she do??  Craap!  She watched helplessly as he leapt out the window and she trembled violently.  She stared at the floor as he sat out on the roof...and she could feel his emotions...  Tears streamed down her face and she snapped.  She shot up from the floor, barely managing to catch her balance and she leaned against the wall.  Without warning, she slammed her fist into it, cracking the wall slightly with unusual strength as she still trembled.  She then stumbled to the window and took a deep breath, sniffling.  She climbed outside as well, making her way up to him silently.  She clambered up and stood, looking at him guiltily, her face filled with apology.  She fell to her hands and knees then and crawled her way over to him.  She plopped next to him and sat, leaning against him, her hand bleeding on the knuckles and where she split her previous wound.  She rested her head on his shoulder and gathered up her courage to speak.  "I-I'm sorry Jak..." she whispered almost inaudibly.

Anonymous

Roo jerked out of bed with an alarmed squeak as Juun smashed her little fist into the wall with an audible thump. She didn't have a chance to comprehend what was going on, bleary eyed and sleepy as she was, before Juun dissapeared out the window.
"Uh...what...?"

Jak blinked over at the form that peaked up onto the roof. He recognized Juun, and as she looked at him, he looked away, staring harshly to the side, hugging his knees to his chest. There were a few silent tears on his cheeks, but he refused to acknowledge them. He refused to look at her, even as he heard to drop down and crawl closer. No...it was his fault...
He shut his eyes tightly as he felt her come closer, squeazing out more of those silent tears.

Finally his hard gaze snapped toward her as she leaned against him, resting her head on his shoulder. He just stared at her, surprised and a bit confused at her actions. But her appology made him flinch. He quickly dashed away his tears with the back of a wrapped hand. "Stop it Juun, you have nothing to appologize for. Here, give me that." And he took up her bleeding hand and inspected it.
He looked at the wound softly. "Can't you stay out of trouble..." He placed his hand over the cut gently, hardly touching it, and sighed, the wind pulling his fair, pale hair from his face.
He couldn't look at her face; she was too close for that. But finally he spoke. "It's up to you...I'll let you free if you want, and then you won't even have to look at us anymore."

Anonymous

She shrunk a little when he told her not to apologize, but stayed against him.  She forced herself to.  It wasn’t Jak's fault...she was just too much of a scaredy-cat.  She blushed when he took her hand and reprimanded her like a little girl, and then she actually smiled.  A soft smile rose on her face and she giggled gently through a sniffle.  She let him examine her hand and then Juun held his after he put his hand on hers.  Hearing his last words, her grip loosened as the thought sank in.  Then, suddenly, her grip firmed up and she cuddled against him more.  "I-I...I will stay...I-if you will accept me..." she whispered soft and slow, her face sad.  "P-please...I-I don mean to be scared...I-I can't help it..." she continued with no voice behind her whisper.  That was the most she had spoken yet.  She sniffled again, wiping away more tears and then she looked up at Jak.  His eyes gave away his crying and she smiled softly again, reaching he r free hand up to wipe his cheek.  "I-I'm safe with you..." She reassured him.  And it was true; who knows where she'd be right now.  With her luck, she could be used and abused, but with Jak and Roo, she was technically in no danger.  Just thinking about that scared her even more.  That was an awful feeling...to do hat again...

Anonymous

Jak felt her hold his hand softly after he had reprimanded her like a child. But he refused to look at her, and tried not to let anything show on his pale, stern face. His words sunk in, and her grip loosened. It was a bit of a disheartening reaction, but he simply drew his walls up higher and straightened his back, ready.
It was her sudden change that surprised him more. He couldn't help it, he glanced down at the creature cuddling close to him with puzzlement. Her words were soft, a strange twist of whisper without a voice, and he listened to them closely.

She was going to stay...? Some part of his heart jumped elatedly. She didn't hate them afterall...
What a relief.
Her face suddenly turned up toward his and he recoiled slightly before catching himself. He realized then, as she wiped his cheek, that he had really been crying, despite trying to be cold and distant. His eyes shifted away with shame, but her words drew them back just as quickly.
Did she really feel safe with them...?
"So..." He began, then shook his head.
"You can stay if you want. I'll...I'll try not to scare you..."
He still felt bad about that...

Anonymous

Juun held her free hand on Jak's cheek, her other held gently by his, and she hunched submissively as he looked back at her and spoke.  Her eyes carefully watched his and a blush spread under her black skin.  She trembled lightly, still keeping her eyes on his, and trying not to be skittish.  Her ears tipped back timidly as her smile became more and more shy.  Jak's words meant a lot to her and her tenseness faded as her scared hand continued to caress his cheek shakily.  Her entranced eyes then darted away and her face filled with embarrassment.  Her hand now flattened against his cheek as she focused on his shoulder.  The word 'I'm sorry' repeated over and over in her head, but she did not say anything, though her emotions and expression said it all.  Gah!  Why was he so cute?!  Why was she was acting so stupid??  These little thoughts and more ran through her head and they might even have been strong enough by now to bleed clearly into Jak's mind.

Anonymous

He did not notice her growing blush, but he did notice her silence. Not that it was a surprise by now. But by her seeming calmness, it appeared she making an effort even now not to be skittish. He noticed finally how shy she seemed, and tilted his head a bit.
He then realized she was stroking his cheek still.
It was his turn to be a bit uncomfortable, unused to such free contact, especially from a young woman.

Her thoughts bled into his mind, and a sudden blush sprang up in his own cheeks. Er...ah...
"Uhhh..." He gently removed her hand from his heated cheek and cleared his throat, glancing down and away from her nervously. Her own embarassment was making him embarassed, and he really didn't know what to do about it.
Why did she think he was cute anyway? She couldn't be getting a crush on him or anything...
...Could she...?
Oh boy...
His blush darkened.

Anonymous

She finally finished with her repetitive apologizing and lowered her head, feeling stupid.  She peeked out of the corner of her eye, catching Jak also turn away with a very unusual blush.  Oh no!  Did he know what she just thought???  Craaap!!  She was mortified now and her emotions showed it very clearly.  Her ears tipped flat back and she immediately covered her agape mouth.  Nononono!  She frowned, starting to spaz again and then she gasped.  Her wide yes grew calm and she sighed.  It had finally hit her; she got so nervous, she caved in.  Her submissive eyes wandered back over to him and her hands fell to her lap as she twiddled her fingers.  Crap...  There was no doubt...he knew all right...  "I-I'm sorry..." she whispered silently again, tears running down her face.  "I-I'm so stupid..."

Anonymous

Jak was involved in his own worried, embarassed little thoughts to realize Juun was becoming even more disheartened by the minute. But then she spoke, and he turned to her with a frown.
"That's a horrible thing to say about yourself Juun! You aren't stupid, and you don't have to feel stupid for feeling things, whatever they are, ok??"
He then realized he might have scared her again.
He blinked nervously and looked down at his lap in shame. "Oh...I said I wouldn't do that...I'm sorry Juun..."

Cripes, the appologizing they were doing this morning! He sighed, and glanced down at his arms, both hands now in his lap again. He frowned at the dark markings on his pale skin.
Demon marks...
Devil's tattoos...
Marks of evil...

Dammit...

Anonymous

Juun flinched when Jak yelled at her, and she lowered her head more.  He was yelling at her...but...it wasn’t a bad yelling...  After hearing what he had just said, slowly looked up at him, blushing inside.  He told her she wasn’t stupid...he...he complimented her...  Frozen slightly in surprise, she stared at him, totally blown away, her mouth hanging open a little as she couldn’t figure out how to respond to that.  But right before she could think of anything, Jak apologized for raising his voice like he did.  He was trying hard to be nice to her...  She felt this warm tingle up her spine and she looked down too.  She then couldn’t help but smile to herself after he made her feel better.  Juun then peeked up at him and blinked curiously, following his eyes to his hands and tilting her head.  She frowned a little, seeing his despaired expression and reached out slowly, grabbing his hands with hers, yipping quietly after stretching her hurt hand out when she held his.  She then held his hands firmly, ignoring her pain and smiled up at him timidly, basically trying to cheer him up a little.

Anonymous

There was a silence, but it wasn't as uncomfortable as he had expected. He wasn't picking up any hurt from her even though he had basically yelled at her again. Still, he was too nervous to look back over at her to read her facial expression and find out what she was really thinking. He only felt shyness, and a bit of nervous embarassment, but that didn't tell him much.
All the while, his pale gaze stayed focused on the dark marks on his arms and chest. It was easier to look at the ones on his stomach really, but he knew exactly where they all were, and why they were there.
He also knew what would happen to him eventually...

He blinked when her hands covered his, freezing for a moment. He then looked over at her slowly, his face blank, as it usually was, in order to see the timid smile on her face. She didn't understand his pain, but she still wanted to help. He looked away quickly, embarassed, and hunched his shoulders, a blush again spreading under his pale skin. "Th..thanks..."
There was a pause, and he trembled once before regaining his composure. He then followed a strange impulse, because it was the only thing he could think to do. And only because it was Juun would he think to do it.
He pulled his hands away from her abruptly. Without warning at all he turned and grabbed Juun gently but firmly and pulled her close, practically into his lap. Unsure why he was even doing this, Jak hid his face in her shoulder, blocking his blush from view.

Anonymous

After the long pause, Jak thanked her.  Her eyes widened a little in surprise and then a big weight was lifted from her.  Juun felt way more relaxed now, as any threatening problems in this situation died completely.  Jak...he REALLY was nice.  She smiled more, pleased at her success, and closed her eyes.  Just when the moment finally began to settle, Jak unexpectedly pulled his hands away.  Her eyes blinked open as she looked up at him questioningly.  Oh no!  Had she done something wrong now??  She shrank back a little, worried, and then watched his hands grab her.  She meeped softly as she found her self embraced with him.  Her body trembled as her head looked past him wide eyed.  Wha...??  She then realized what it was and blushed furiously as her heart pounded.  He...he was hugging her!!  Her arms were pressed between their chests as he held her so warmly, burying his face in her shoulder.  A shiver ran up her again as multiple feelings ran through her.  First of all, Jak had his face in her open skin, causing her to feel 'unusual', second, just him holding her so firmly against him made her warm and fuzzy...  Her eyes then closed again, slowly and her arms slid across his waist, wrapping around him in return as she smiled again.  Oh, and third, his face was in a tender area of her bare skin, and that just tickled.  Juun shivered a little, trying to hide it as her timid smile grew and she held him tighter.

Anonymous

He could feel her heartbeat speed up, and he couldn't be sure why exactly, and hoped it wasn't because she was about to freak out. He still didn't know what had compelled him to hug her like this! Against his markings no less!
Gah...
He breathed softly, never thinking that she might find that ticklish. Obviously he hadn't ever really done something like this before, and so wasn't exactly sure what to expect.

Jak jerked a bit in surprise as she hugged him back, and he was again reminded he did not have a shirt on as her smooth arms ran around his waist. That...felt odd...
He shivered a bit, but continued to hug her anyway.
After a moment she seemed to gain confidence and hugged him a bit tighter, and that calmed him, allowing him to mirror her and also hold her tighter against him.
He was now content to sit like this with her for as long as she wanted. He just hoped Roo would remain smart and stay in the room. Her appearance would probably ruin the moment.
Yeah, just alittle.

Anonymous

Juun now lay content in Jak's lap as he held her.  By now, her worried had left her and she was happy in his arms.  If she were a cat, she'd probably be purring right now.  Juun took a deep breath, exhaling the last of her shakiness, and then rubbed her hands up and down his back softly.  The ticklishness had left her and she now accepted his closeness gratefully.  She was soo happy right now.  Poor Juun hadn't had a hug in a REALLY long time, so she was overdue for one.  This just made her day, and she didn’t want to let it go...didn’t want anything to spoil it.  Tears then streamed down her face as she embraced Jak like there was no tomorrow.  Very powerful emotions bled clearly from Juun now.  There were strong thoughts of her mother and how she missed her soo badly, wanting so desperately to hug her again.  The acceptance of Jak and never wanting to let him go, afraid that if she did, she would loose her mother all over again.  To be held...loved...to belong...that’s what she wanted...  Juun's body collapsed in Jak's lap as she clung to him dearly.  There were so many things she wanted to say...

Anonymous

Jak shivered again as she began to rub his back, alittle nervous about that. Juun would notice his skin was surprisingly soft and smooth, which was fairly weird for a guy. But that had mostly to do with his species, that was just how they were. He was surprised when he felt a dampness on his skin, realizing she was crying, and suddenly she was clinging to him desperately. He wasn't entirely accustomed to such drastic and sudden mood swings, and so at first was totally at a loss.
But he got with the program quickly enough, and cradled her in his arms. He concentrated closely on the emotions and thoughts that now trickled into his mind, using them in place of words to understand her pain.
He sighed and sushed her softly, pulling her more into his lap and resting her head on his shoulder a bit, so she'd be more comfortable.
Now it was his turn to gently rub her back, cradling her head on his shoulder, his pale eyes downcast as he thought about everything he had just picked up from her.
"I understand Juun...I know how you feel." He didn't really want to bring it up, but it was true. He had lost his mother as well. His father too, for that matter...
So he knew her pain. Perhaps that was why he was usually so stern, so stand-offish. He had very different reactions from Juun, and his were to toughen up, to block off the emotions.
And that's what he had done. But he was over it now. All that was left was the revenge to be had...but it didn't consume him. And hd didn't want to bring that up either...
So instead he rubbed her back, and moved his other hand up to pet her hair softly, trying to calm her to the best of his ability.

Anonymous

Juun felt safe in Jak's lap, even more so after he pulled her in closer.  He was her security blanket right now.  His soft shushing made progress as it actually calmed her down.  Juun began to relax a little, his voice and that soft rubbing stimulating her.  She took a deep and shaky breath, exhaling and falling more limp in his arms.  She curled up a little, turning to her side in his lap to make herself more comfortable, her mind not even thinking about THAT kind of closeness.  That mood had passed completely and now she didn’t want to leave him.  And then Jak spoke.  Her ears twitched as she listened as he tried to relate to her.  She hoped it was true...that he knew her pain.  Tat would make things easier...and then he pet her hair.  Juun trembled at first until she realized what he was doing and she took another breath, relaxing more for him. "Thank you..." she whispered quietly, nuzzling into his shoulder before kissing his neck, followed by a gentle, and loving lick.  She hadn’t even realized what she had done.  She completely ignored what she was doing, letting her feelings control her comfortably.

Anonymous

Jak let out a small sigh through his nose, relieved that he had finally done something right this morning. She was calming, no longer that skittish bundle of nerves she usually was. He heard her thanks, and a small smile peaked through his usually cold facade, though in her current position, she couldn't see it.
"You're wel..."
Jak jerked slightly as a distinct shiver shot down his spine, making all the muscles in his body tense up for a split second, before relaxing just a bit. It made him seem to shudder with a strange roll of his muscles.

...woah.

Jak's nostrils flared slightly as he thought of what exactly to do in response to that interesting little piece of affection. Just the fact it had affected him so powerfully threw him off, so that he scrambled for something coherent to grasp onto. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable, or that she had done something wrong or bad. At the same time, he wasn't entirely sure he wanted her to continue doing that...it felt waaay too good, and reminded him of his own species' more intimate affections...the ones reserved for when two lovers are alone.
Eesh.
So instead, unable to think of anything to say, he stayed silent, and worked on relaxing himself again, hoping that not only did Juun not pick up on his reaction (as if) but that she did not have a mischievious streak in her either.