Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Oops! That was Your Wallet? (Crono/Open)

Started by Anonymous, October 07, 2010, 01:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The thin young man wandered through the streets of Ketra examining the silken pouch in his hands. It was nice, black brocaded silk, of course it was what was inside that made his catch all the better. Money. Oh yes, the money purse of a noble was a wondrous thing and the music it made was all the better.

A few young woman passed by and the thief flicked some dirty blond hair out of his orange eyes to flash them a flirtatious grin. The youngest giggled, the other shot him a hard glare and pulled the girl along. Women... they just didn't understand how to accept charm. He wasn't even wearing his armor today.

Instead he wore brown slacks and a white shirt with brown leather boots. Alright, so it wasn't exactly the best thing to wear to capture a woman's eye but he planned on keeping his pilfering down to a minimum today. Talis wasn't so sure he wanted publicity but if he kept up his little raids he would be found out very soon.

He had been trying to decide how to spend his newfound money first and the only thing that popped into his head was to go get a drink. A good one. So he made his way to nicer looking tavern than the kind he normally found sanctuary in. Sitting down he waited for one of the young (not to mention beautiful) tavern girls to come get his order. Hopefully he would have more luck with them than the ones outside.

Anonymous

It'd been quite some time since Lucius had had some time off. Granted, the only reason he had time off was because his patrol had been quick and uneventful. Still, he was glad for it.

What he wasn't glad about was that Tanith had pretty much forced him to go out on the town. He did like Ketra, even if it was a bit too crowded for his tastes, but he'd wanted his bed even more. Tanith wouldn't hear of it. She'd nagged him constantly and, even when he had been able to mute her voice to just a buzz in his mind, she found other ways to keep his attention.

The others in the barracks had been slightly alarmed when the room suddenly filled with smoke. He would have to find a way to repay her for that.

That's how he ended up wandering around Ketra. The dragonrider had left his uniform behind and was wearing a red tunic with dark brown pants tucked into some good leather boots. They were clothes that would suit him well in just about anything he would want to do. Now if only he could find some place to whittle the hours away.

"You know, most people would pick a tavern for that."

He frowned. Tanith just wouldn't leave him alone. "I swear, it's like you don't want me to enjoy myself tonight." He thought back at her. It was true, in a way. Lucius didn't much like taverns. They were usually too loud, too crowded, and nothing good had come from the few times he'd been at a tavern before. It was almost like the dragon was trying to force him into the company of as many humans as possible.

"Bingo."

"Could you at least wait until I accuse you of it before responding?" His only answer was a sense of smug satisfaction coming from the dragon. Bah. She wanted him to make new friends? Fine. However, she would get a mindful if things turned sour. Maybe that was how he could repay her.

As his thoughts wandered down the avenues of his mind, his feet took him whichever way they felt like going. Soon enough, Lucius was walking through the door to, what he assumed to be, a nice looking tavern. Truthfully, he had no idea how 'good' this place was but it was not in a state of disrepair so that was a plus in his book. He made his way inside and stood in the doorway for a few seconds, looking over the common room. The place wasn't too crowded and there were even a few empty tables that he could sit at. However, knowing Tanith, she would probably figure out he was sitting on his own somehow and pester him about it. He sighed and took a second look around the place before deciding on a table that only had one person at it.

"This seat taken?" He asked the guy already at the table before sitting. It wouldn't have mattered what his tablemate would have said really, Lucius had decided to sit there and he wasn't going to be convinced otherwise. "I'm sorry if you wanted to be by yourself tonight but I made a promise that I wouldn't sit alone." He gave the guy a grin. "I'm Lucius, by the way."

Anonymous

Lora watched Lucius and Talis closely. Sure she was an assasin and sure she did work at a taveren but so what? Lora liked being an assasin and a taveren girl it made her feel like she could be who ever she wanted to be. Lora walked up to their table "What can I get you guys tonight?" she said casually as she pulled the pins outof her hair. This hair-do was bothering her greatly so she took it out. Her hair was long and wavy and it went below her shoulders and had a brownish redish color to. Red hair was a rare color to have now days, girls who had it hated it but she loved hers.

Lora brushed her bangs aside and looked at each one. Lora suddenly felt like she hadn't worn what she was wearing; A dark brown dress with a black vest. She wished she had worn more comfortable clothes just in case the Dark sisterhood needed her. But if they did and it turned into the fight then she would just have to fight in a dress. As she waited for their order she thought about her plans for tonight, she was single but men didn't interest her.
The only thing that really interested her was staying top dog of the dark sister hood assasins guild for girls only. Lora had been top dog for a very long time and she wasn't ready to let that go. Lora then shook her head lightly to get her head back into the present. Lora then smiled sweetly at the men.

Anonymous

Talis's head snapped up at the newcomer, he hadn't been expecting any company and hadn't wanted any. A second look at the guy made the thief think twice about telling him no. The man was much taller than him and there was no ignoring the obvious muscles. He did not want to spoil such a great day with a fight. Ugh! Couldn't he just enjoy his money in peace?

Talis offered a grin of his own, "No worries, it isn't much fun enjoying a drink alone anyway. The name's Talis." Their introduction and pleasantries were interupted by a very pretty young woman. Giving her a charming smile, he prayed that this was where he could get very lucky. "I would like something as sweet as you look since I'm not sure I can order you."

Anonymous

Lucius gave the other man a confused look. Why would he want to order the woman? Maybe this place was one of those brothel things some of the others back at the barracks had talked about? He doubted it. The place seemed too open for something like that. There was also a distinct lack of women to choose from as well. "I'll have something strong."

With his order given, the dragonrider turned his attention . "So, Talis. Since we're going to be drinking partners, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself? I don't really know many people and am..." He grimaced. "...Anxious to get to know some more." He knew that Tanith would be making sure he at least tried to make some friends and she wasn't above snooping around his memories either. When that dragon wanted something, she made sure she got it.

Anonymous

Talis had paid little to no attention to the look Lucius had given him, it had been awhile since he had been with a beautiful woman and there was no way in the underworld that he would pass up a perfectly good chance to flirt. So here he was, trying to keep eye-contact with their waitress and flashing what he considered a gorgeous smile.

Annoyed at having his concentration broken, Talis merely glanced at the other man. He was getting a bit nosier than the thief would allow. If he didn't know many people then that was his own problem and he should work more on his social skills. Hell, why not just indulge the poor man? Giving another smile, Talis turned around to face Lucius.

"To put it simply, there's not much to me," he said with a shrug, "I'm a single lonely man who earns little. I like pretty girls and would love to go a day without working, but that won't happen. And yourself?" Maybe if he could get Lucius to trust him, Talis could get a bit more money before the day was out.