Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You did WHAT?!

Started by Anonymous, December 11, 2010, 10:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It had been a long week and Nathanial was ready for a break. It had been one thing after another and he was looking forward to meeting up with his twin for dinner. He had even made sure to have a meal for two ready back in his town home.

He stretched out as he walked to the meeting place. His back was a tight mess of knots that he really should get taken care of. Reaching the designated spot, Nathanial flopped onto the stone bench, waiting for Dore. He was a little early, so Dore not being there wasn't a surprise.

They hadn't had much time to talk recently and Nathanial missed his brother. He wanted to know exactly what he had been up to recently.

Anonymous

Theodore wandered by, his hair pulled back into it's usual ponytail. His hands were in his pockets and he was dressed in simple clothing. He was even walking with his head down a little bit. He had to explain all of this to Nathanial, he know he did, but how to do it properly without having his brother at his throat or shaking some sense into him.

He wasn't too keen on the possible shaking, so when he saw his brother he slowed down. Maybe he could ease this into a conversation, yeah. Bring up the talk of getting older and having babies and getting wives. Sort of.

"Hi, Nath'. I got a girl pregnant."

The words left his mouth and he snapped his mouth shut and stared for a moment at his mirror image. That wasn't what he had wanted to say. He had wanted to say something like 'hi, how was your day'. Theodore moved a hand to his mouth and pressed his fingers to his lips and swallowed. And took a step back. "That's not what I meant to say, don't kill me. I meant to tell you in a nicer manner."

Anonymous

Of all the things Nathanial had been expecting of his brother, that was really not on the list. He stared at 'Dore, mouth gaping. He knew he slept with woman, but he had always assumed it was, well, there was protection or something involved. To prevent such things from happening!

"...You got a girl pregnant? Who?! When?! Are you going to marry her?" If they were lucky, she wasn't and it would just be another bastard child of a knight. It happened and a small amount of money could probably get her to go away.

Anonymous

Theodore stared at his brother.

"A woman I met who seemed loose of virtue and tight of holes. About eight months ago and no, I won't marry her." Theodore stared and then looked around, he hadn't been expecting his twin to freak out quite this badly.

"You make it seem like something has destroyed the very walls we live in." He frowned and then looked around. He wouldn't feel all that horrible about it. "I'll figure something out with her."

Anonymous

"Uh, because this is kind of a big deal. Neither of us have children yet and our sisters aren't married. This is going to cause a scandal." First borns that were bastards? Not good. Nathaniel was rather shocked at how blase his brother was about the whole thing.

"Do you...not ever think?"

Anonymous

Theodore pinched the bridge of his nose before he turned to his twin and hissed "Don't worry once it gets out that you give it to dudes, my bastard children won't be a big deal." He glared at his brother and stood up, crossing his arms over his chest. "This isn't going to cause a scandal. I'm a man. Just because I've sown some early seeds doesn't really mean much, I'll write up an agreement and make her sign it. The children don't get anything except me as a father figure."

He cast hazels eyes upon his twin, "Do I ever think? Of course I think. You think I knew about this before she came back, big like a balloon? No, no I didn't. I'm not going to disown my children. Maybe a man like you would do it, but I can't. Those squirmy things inside her are my fault and I intend to be a man and take responsibility regardless of my rank." Theo pointed a finger at his twin, "Because even if it causes a 'scandal', our family is still a good one and men would die to marry our sisters, regardless of me having illegitimate babies or not."

Crossing his arms over his chest, "If you really want to do something about it go tell father to punish me or something. Maybe the lash, that'd teach me a lesson." Rolling his eyes, he took a deep breath, "Sorry. You think I want kids? I don't. Not really. But, I can't just turn my back on her. I've ruined her life more than mine is."

Anonymous

That threat had Nathaniel narrowing his eyes, surprise and anger flooding him. How dare he? This wasn't his fault his brother got into this mess and was acting like a complete mad man about the whole thing. His hands clenched into fists, his expression dark, "Don't you even dare Theodore. I keep my dalliances quiet, I don't flash them around where people will find out."

He couldn't believe his brother would threaten him like that. He felt hurt and betrayed in a way he wasn't prepared for. This was his brother, his twin, saying he would spill his darkest secret...because...Nathaniel honestly wasn't sure. Dore felt like another person right then. He didn't understand his brother's rage and accusations. They were bastards! It wasn't like this never happened. But now all this talk about acknowledging them? Did his brother lose his mind?

"What is wrong with you? Did you take fevered or something? Do you listen to yourself?" Nathaniel felt like he was talking to a stranger, some selfish, awful stranger. Willing to drag their family name through the mud over some affair. He was going to risk being disinherited for this? Risk their sister's marriage prospects? Why? For some brats that would be better off with a bit of money and sent on their way?

Anonymous

Theodore stared at his brother for a moment, then he shook his hands. "Don't I dare what?" He frowned, confused before he leaned back, getting what Nathaniel was so pissed about. "Whoa, hey wait. I would never tell anyone that. That's not what I meant!"Theodore sighed and closed his eyes and squeezed his hands into his fists.

"What the hell is wrong with me? What's wrong with you!" He hissed again, "I'm not sick and I know what I'm saying. Those brats are mine. I intend to try and be a part of their life. They will get nothing from me, but I'm not going to see my children raised away from me." Theodore crossed his arms over his chest, "She didn't ask for money, she asked me to be part of their lives. That they get to know their father. She knows I can't acknowledge them."

He pulled his hair from it's ponytail and pushed his fingers through the dark locks, pulling at it before he sighed and rolled his shoulders. "I'm not even betrothed. We just need to find a woman who's not threatened by her husband having bastard children. I imagine there would be less married women if all of them were, anyway." Theodore frowned at his brother, "You make it seem like because it's me it's the worst thing in the entire world."

Theodore sat on the ground heavily pressing his elbows to his knees, not missing a beat after his mini-rant. "It doesn't feel right to just give her money and send her on her way. I... I'm not the type of person to push problems under the carpet and hope the dust bunnies eat them, Nathaniel." Looking towards his brother, he sighed and ducked his head down. "And before you get bitchy again I would never ever tell anyone that. I didn't mean for that to sound like a threat. I was angry and I'm sorry."

Anonymous

Somehow his brother's sudden flip and hasty apology didn't make Nathaniel feel better. He kept his distance, feeling like there was a wall between them for the first time. He didn't even understand where his brother was coming from. Threatening him, then trying to quickly take it back, blithering on about these kids...

"This doesn't have to do with because it's you. It's how you are handling this. Yes, you had the kids, this happens, but how this is handled is important. And you are...acting like a mad man. Be part of their lives? What does that even mean?"

It made no sense to him. It wasn't like parents spent much time in their children's lives. What exactly did Theodore and this woman think was going to happen? Picnics and knightly training? He felt like his brother was losing his mind.

Anonymous

Theodore pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Oh geeze, I dunno, maybe being some sort of father figure." He glared openly at his twin. "Obviously we think differently. I'm sure you'd be perfectly fine leaving any children you have to nurses all the time, but I don't want that." He put his hands to his face.

"I've made my choice, Nathaniel. I don't care how un-noble it makes me or stupid or weird." Theodore stood up and shook his head, "I thought you'd understand at least a little bit."

Anonymous

Nathaniel did understand. He understood his brother was making a selfish, thoughtless choice to ease his own conscious. There didn't really seem to be anymore he could say to him about it. He was going to drag their family name through the mud and hurt their sisters chances for a good marriage.

Because he just had to play a role in his kids lives. Nathaniel just prayed it stayed quite, that no one heard about it. Unlikely, but he still could hope.

"Fine brother. You made your choice and we'll have to live with it."

Anonymous

"You make it sound like I'll be Mr.Family Man, Nathaniel." Theodore frowned and pushed a hand through his hair, moving both of his hands to grab his head. This sucked, royally. "I'm not going to be a... A father. Just... A male role-model when I can. An uncle. Something like that."

Theodore groaned and glared at his brothers legs.

Anonymous

"That isn't the point. The point is you are bringing this shame onto our family. Yes, these things happen, and those children live lives of mocking and dislike. We aren't an impressive enough name to absorb this well. It's going to look bad." Nathaniel shrugged, shaking his head, "You've already made up your mind. Do what you want."

He would anyway. His brother didn't want to listen, he just wanted to make himself feel better and damn the consequences to anyone else.

Anonymous

"What the hell! Who says people will find out?" Theodore hissed. "No one knows I got some strange woman pregnant." He wanted to stomp his feet and punch a wall. "I didn't know until a few days ago. She wouldn't go saying they're mine if I asked her not to." He pulled his messy hair from it's ponytail and sighed.

Anonymous

"Oh? And if they look just like you? The twins hanging around the twin. People will still talk." Nathaniel frowned when his brother ripped his ponytail out, "What do you want me to say Dore? You were stupid, there is a problem and you want to risk our family name. Just give her money. Send them off to be squires if you must, but keep it quite and stay away from them."

Nathaniel gave another shrug, "Or don't. And realize you will hurt the rest of us."

Anonymous

"I don't want to risk anything!" Theodore said loudly. "I'm confused and scared and Father will probably disown me for this anyway!" He pressed the heels of his palms against his eyes and breathed softly, his hair was hanging down over his shoulder and he breathed heavily. "I'll have to talk to her. I... want to try to... make things fair at least."

He pushed his hair back and frowned at his brother. "I want to do what you want me to. I want to ignore them and pretend they don't exist." He sighed, "but I can't." and he didn't like it. He didn't like the guilt he got with either choice he made. Visit occasionally maybe. Some money every now and then. Schooling.

Anonymous

Nathaniel didn't know what to do with Dore. He couldn't keep up with his twins mood swings. And when had his brother gotten all paternal? It wasn't like they or their friends had seen their fathers much. Like most knights, they had been squired out.

"Look, Dore, do what you think is right. I'll be here for you no matter what. You're my brother and I love you, but I just hope you make the right choice. Give these kids a life, not scorn and gossip."

Anonymous

(Dropped due to lack of a reply)

Tags: