Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Why, hello there, big boy... [Rina!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 04, 2011, 11:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Niaaki blinked when Sir Wynn touched his hair, confusion mounting. He did not get this. Not minutes ago and it was as though he had the pox; the guy wouldn't hardly look at him. Now he was perfectly friendly, interested, generous, and a little touchy-feely and...flirty? Was he flirting, or was this all some joke?

It wasn't really the idea of a man hitting on another man that boggled him; he knew it happened, and he'd slowly accepted the fact that he caught himself admiring men about as often as he appreciated women--though he'd never admitted it out loud, his father's lectures about heirs and inheritance chanting in his head. Still, the concept itself wasn't bizarre. Uncommon? Yes. Strange? Not really, not in Serendipity.

It was the idea that he might be getting hit on that he was finding difficult to process.

He tucked that strand back behind his ear. Oh well. Focus, Niaaki. Whatever his reasons, whether this was a joke or not, what did it matter? He could play this game. It was nothing he hadn't done before, and it he played his cards right, he might still be able to milk a couple drinks out of this.

"Oh, no need to hold out, Sir Wynn," he said, smiling. "I'm quite free with my praise, especially with those deserving of it. Such as a noble knight like yourself."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Mmmm. Flattery. I am a sucker for flattery." Nathaniel was enjoying himself, watching Niaaki lazily, his eyes half-lidded. He was still aware of the tavern around him, but it was relaxing talking to the boy. Such a damn shame he wasn't interested though.

"You did forget to mention my stunning good looks and modest nature."

Rhindeer

"Don't rush me! I was just getting started," Niaaki said, and feigned a pout. "But because you stole those two before I could mention them, I suppose I'll just have to settle for your strength and bravery. You must have both in spades, being a knight."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Oh? What makes you so sure? I could be a terrible coward you know?" Kid was cute when he pouted like that. Nathaniel reached over, brushing his callused thumb over Niaaki's lip, "My mother always told me never to pout or my face would freeze that way."

Rhindeer

"Because it's a dangerous job, correct? You'd have to be brave to make it, and a strong, dashing man like you couldn't possible be cowardly," he answered, tilting his head away from Sir Wynn's hand with a small laugh that he hoped didn't sound as awkward as he felt. But if nothing else, that had effectively wiped away the pout--and brought another rush of heat to his face.

"Besides, a coward couldn't be so...bold."

Anonymous

"I could be some titled brat that only got the job through daddy's connections. It happens you know." He wasn't, but it was fun teasing the boy. Nathaniel's voice was low, a little rough when he spoke. He wished they weren't in some crowded tavern; somewhere more private would have been great.

"Ah, true. You have me there. I am very bold. What about you? You know I am a knight, yet I know nothing about you. What do you do? Does it require you to keep a....doll?"

Rhindeer

That made Niaaki grimace, made suddenly hyper-aware of the doll in his lap. He was so used to its presence that he often forgot it was there--and how creepy the old thing was, and how weird it was that he carried it around all the time. What a loaded question.

"Ah...no. This doll is...it's complicated. It's an heirloom, belonged to my mother when she was a child, only thing I have left of her. See, I travel with my brother, but we got separated and I had time only to grab it. Since I have nothing to carry it in, I have to hold onto it instead." He shrugged, lying through his teeth but hoping it would go unnoticed. Well...no, he wasn't lying about all of it. Like Yuuki. Yuuki may not have been his brother by blood, but he was still his brother.

Everything else? Pure fabrication. The doll was too complicated and awkward.

"As for everything else..." He smiled sweetly. "If you buy me a drink, I'll tell you more."

Anonymous

"Ah." Weird story, but Nathaniel had no reason to doubt Niaaki, so he didn't. Sure, boys with dolls are a little weird, but he wasn't going to push it. He probably was already embarrassed about the whole thing.

Nathaniel smirked again, like a lazy cat, his hazel eyes green in the firelight, "You want a drink? That you will have to pay for. A kiss or you get nothing."

Rhindeer

Niaaki grimaced again. Dammit, and he had been hoping all that buttering up had gotten him somewhere! Still, it might not be such a terrible price to pay, depending on the details...and Niaaki loved wine enough not to outright reject the offer.

"What kind of kiss, exactly?" he asked after a pause. If there was tongue involved, forget it.

Anonymous

"Close mouthed, I promise." That was a total lie. He didn't think he could bring himself to pass up the chance to make it a real kiss. Lowly? Yes. Morally wrong? Absolutely. Worth it? He thought so. "Just a light one on the lips."

Rhindeer

Niaaki let his breath out in a long, slow sigh. On the mouth. Of course. But closed-mouth and light. Just do that and get it over with, and he could have some free (well, not really) wine after a long, stressful day to go along with his free (mostly) stew. Just one quick kiss. And it wasn't like the guy was terrible-looking or anything; he was handsome. But this was the middle of a tavern and they'd just met and--

...Whatever. Wasn't like they would ever see each other again, and what was the big deal? Just a quick kiss.

"And for this, I could have wine?" he asked, wanting to make the terms crystal clear. He glanced around the tavern, then looked back to the knight. Thank the gods he was alone. "Close-mouthed and quick?"

Anonymous

"Sure. Wine's pretty refined for a wandering kid." Nathaniel grinned, leaning closer, "Just one kiss. That's all."

Rhindeer

He could not believe he was agreeing to this.

Niaaki took a deep breath, bracing himself. "Very well, then."

And, quick as he could, he leaned in fast and brushed his lips against Sir Wynn's, hardly touching him.

Anonymous

Nathaniel's hand came out, gripping the back of Niaaki's head, holding him closer, his tongue pressing against the other man's lips. If the kid freaked out and tried to push away, he would let go. But maybe he would get very, very lucky.

Rhindeer

A startled 'mmf!' sound left Niaaki's lips, but it was still several seconds before his brain could catch up to what the hell was going on and--oh gods, was that tongue? With another muffled gasp, Niaaki jerked back in alarm and then just stared at the knight with wide eyes, mouth working but no words coming out, and face flushed.

Finally, he found his voice.

"What was that?!" he hissed, not wanting to make too much noise and draw unwanted attention. He wiped his fingers at his lips and blushed harder. Gods! "That was close-mouthed?!"

Anonymous

"No. I lied." Nathaniel smiled brightly before licking his lips, tasting Niaaki on them, "Couldn't really help myself. Not that it excuses my action. But you can have your wine now." He felt a little guilty, but he didn't regret it.

Rhindeer

"No, it definitely doesn't!" Niaaki agreed, then added as an afterthought, "And it better be the best wine here."  His voice was a little muffled, still holding his hand over his mouth in a stunned sort of way--because he was far more shocked than he was angry. The anger and indignation kept wanting to rise, but stayed stuck somewhere beneath the surface. The man was utterly shameless!

And Niaaki wasn't quite sure how to proceed, eyes locked on the knight and staring. It usually didn't go this way, with a man totally aware that he was a man and still participating. No, not just that...

I'm...really being hit on. I think.

Duh. Okay, so it was obvious, maybe, but it still took a while to click. It wasn't the first time someone had flirted with him--but it was the first time someone had flirted with him, the real him. It was the first time someone had reciprocated when he wasn't being deceptive, because he'd already been outed. Women never showed him much interest unless they liked other women, otherwise he was just the cute one, there to be someone's sidekick while even Yuuki managed to find someone. And guys only liked him as long as they thought he was a girl, though most just didn't interest him, anyway, because they were usually creeps and he just wanted something from them.

This guy knew what he was, and it didn't seem to matter.

Despite how rude he had been, lying like that and breaking his end of the deal, the anger remained half-hearted. This was...kind of different and strange, and he wasn't sure if he liked it or not. He probably shouldn't.

After a moment of shocked silence, Niaaki ventured, "Ah. You...really do realize I'm a man, correct?" It didn't hurt to check.

Anonymous

"The very best. I was an utter cad." Nathaniel smiled, utterly shameless and not all that apologetic. He felt somewhat guilty, "It was worth it though. I promise that you can have your revenge and steal a kiss from me if you like."

He had to bite back a laugh when Niaaki mentioned his gender again. Nathaniel reached up, running a rough finger along Niaaki's skin, "Why do you keep saying that? I am well aware of your gender. I happen to like boys. And you are a very pretty boy. Does that bother you?"

Rhindeer

"I...no?" Niaaki ventured, finding himself a little distracted by the cheek caressing--and way out of his element. He knew he should brush his hand away, and yet he let it stay for the moment. "No, not...not really. I don't think." Why should this man's preferences bother him? It was unexpected, and he liked the compliment, and--jeez, this was so confusing. And the concept of someone being interested in him? Like this? And a complete stranger at that?

"It's just...it's unexpected, that's all. It bothers most people," he said.

Anonymous

"Ah. Well, most people are stupid and close minded and obviously can't appreciate beauty when they see it." Nathaniel let his hand linger a little longer on Niaaki's cheek, watching him. He didn't seem to mind the whole both being men part. That was very very good.

"I would very much like to get to know you better."