Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Better than a horse.. Ayaniju for sale.

Started by Anonymous, May 23, 2005, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[for reference, go here to see what an Ayaniju looks like: http://spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1154 ; second post]

Graceful, long legs struck outwards, feet prancing as the keratin claws scratched soft, slight grooves in the dirt. The powrful hind limbs propelled it forwards, over a bank and up the other side with the elegance of a deer or cat. But the animal soon halted, tossing it's fine, ebony muzzle slightly, large nostrils aflare. Siomaat held the reins steady and dismounted nimbly, falling onto her slender feet. She tossed the reins over a branch, releasing it and sliding down the muddy bank, her boots causing deep trenches as she progressed across the icy water. She examined it and found some footholds, finding the best way to come across.

Sio made it across the narrow running waters to a solid gray Ayaniju, it's head drooping, sides slightly sweating while she untied the lead rope. She then examined the six, large eggs that were strapped onto her back in a cloth like basket. A sigh crossed her as she placed the blanket over the eggs, already feeling the shifting inside them. A smile touched her lips as she tugged on the lead, Meryankh following Siomaat.

Meryankh's curved horns caught on some scrambling branches, clawing at the spiraling horns. Fine, strong body carried it's load, following Sio's lead to across the bank, finding a trail upwards. The precious cargo made it safetly, Siomaat resting as they reached the top. Eaquro, the red Ayaniju cocked a hind, white socked foot, head hanging.

"I'll have to switch the eggs onto Eaquro," she mumbled qickly begining to lighten the smaller Ayaniju's load.

Siomaat carried the saddle and the other cargo Eaquro had while she lead them into the village, sniffing the air with flaring nostrils, black rimmed ears flicking about ot catch each sound. There tails flicked behind them, a perfect match to that of a deer's.

Finding a nice space she dropped the saddle and cargo onto the ground, manuevering the tired Meryankh to lead against the wall and even lay down if it so desired. Sio tossed the lead rope loosely over a shoulder, bring Eaquro over towards her. She firmly told the rather odd creature a command it knew well.

"Lay down!" And the beast replied, slender limbs folding beneath it slowly, resting it's fine muzzle on the ground, large canines holding it's head up slightly, pushing it's lips as it snorted, finding no grass to eat.

Seconds ticked and Siomaat acquired two mugs of water along with two bowls of stew. She set it in front of each Ayaniju and allowed them to eat and drink their fill. Meanwhile she pulled the eggs off Eaquro, rolling them gently and making a cloth nest around each.

Wiping the sweat off her brow she stood, waving her hand to acquire some attention from the passerbys.

"People! Oh! Good villagers! Does anyone wish to acquire a magnificient animal? 6 eggs to be sold! They are soon to hatch and you will find an animal inside like no other," she said in her selling-voice.

She brushed back her golden chestnut hair and moved to Meryankh, pushing on a special point behind the animal's neck, causing it to suddenly become a miniature form of itself, although more catlike as it bounced into Sio's arms.

"Both companionable and hard-working!" She said fondly, examining the passing crowds while the eggs shifted and crackled.

Anonymous

Matai walked by in the village, buying more supplies for her pub when she noticed the woman selling the eggs.  She walked a bit closer and saw that the two larger animals with the woman were indeed Ayaniju's.  She knew that she had been wanting to buy a companion, and also a form of transportation.  This would do just perfect.  She approached the other woman, her long raven curls blowing almost eerily around her face, framing her shockingly green eyes.  She wore a simple green dress that hung to the ground loosely.  She gave the other woman a smile before speaking.

"Hello cousin.  What is your asking price for one egg?"

Anonymous

Jeral listens to the stranger selling eggs. He's on break, so he's mildly interested in what ever he's talking about. Jeral's amazed by the shrinking trick of the beast the man has though, and asks,

"Good Sir, two questions. Do these animals have a name, and how much?"

Anonymous

[Jeral: Siomaat is a girl Oo]

Siomaat laughed, her cat eyes dancing as the solid gray Ayaniju; Meryankh, stood abruptly, placing a slim foreleg over the opposite end of her treasure. They were, indeed, her offspring. And the mother knew this, and her delicate, deer-like muzzle lowered to lick at a stirring shell, cracks lacing 2 of the 6 eggs.

Sio was pleased as a woman and man came up, both asking the price while the man also asked of their names. She was slightly puzzled - the species name, right? Of course!

"How high are you two willing to go? They are Ayaniju. And I must ask a question of you since I treasure them greatly; do you hold a sufficient amount of knowledge of them? If not, I am more willing to add a few things.." The woman said, resting a hand on the tired Ayaniju's rump.

Eaquro lifted her head, ears twitching and flicking forwards as a long tongue wrapped around a canine for a moment as she licked her bowl clean. But she was tense and awaiting for anything sudden and unexpected to happen.

The woman took pride in her beautiful beings, but also loved them dearly. Her father always asked of her to ask everyone if they knew enough knowledge about an Ayaniju. She was unwilling to sell them to someone who knew nothing of them.

Noting as the eggs stirred and cracked, feet striking and protruding oddly from the shell, Sio pushed the looming mother. She knelt and helped them pry free, reaching in to grab them and pull their faces from the juicy insides, watching the foals take their first, gasping breaths. It was beautiful, at least to Sio.

"Help if you want," she said to the two customers.

The babies were, indeed, small, but they seemed to grow bigger into a foal-like size. Sio patted them, allowing Meryankh to nuzzle and lick her babies.

"Let Meryankh clean them up a bit," she said, making sure not to interrupt the motherly duties.

It was funny, how all the Ayaniju appeared female. Perhaps that's what you'd call them - all females. But technically, they were basically ITs. Asexual things - but that was quite alright.

Anonymous

(oops.  :oops: sorry!!!!)

Jeral nods as the lady with the creatures tells him the name of the creature. An interesting name, something he has never heard of, even in 600 years of travel in Kolataric. He reaches  down into his pocket, and pulls out a small bag, a purse as some may call it. He turns his back on her and the Ayaniju, and dumps the contents of the bag into his hand. A handful of sliver from tips, about four or five remaining Spiran gold crowns, a semi-percious stone (jade) carved into a rune, and a small, slighty flawed gem. Damn...and not only that, I don't know anything about them. he thinks as he turns around, pocketing one gold crown. "I am sorry, I only have a handful of sliver, a couple of gold crowns, a piece of carved jade, and a slighly flawed gem. I think the gem's an iridesant dimond...but I forget what the appraser told me. And I am sorry, I have only just heard of this creature. But I understand where you come from. I wouldn't just give away a rune of magic to someone who knew them not." Jeral tells her, holding out his hand with the contents of the purse.

Anonymous

Siomaat smiles and rubs her hands delicately along Meryankh's shoulder. She watched as the animals cracked and broke free of the shells to wobbly attempt to stand, falling at their first tries and bleat pathetically, although they rapidly grew to a foal's size, stretching their slender, delicate legs. They struck out awkwardly as she climbed to a stand, leaning against their mom.

"Ayaniju's are asexual. But they appear female. When domesticated they don't have offspring unless you massage the spot behind their horns towards their ears. But even then you have to massage it constantly for about 30 minutes, maybe even longer. They are omnivores and mature around 3, but can begin work when they get to a decent size. They don't get bigger than a pony, but they're extremely strong and graceful. They're companions and hard workers and can live for an impressive amount of years. But when they begin to feel the end of their life is drawing near they'll give birth to another. And they are obviously born in eggs which must be kept warm.. And when they're born they can eat regular food.. but it must be highly nutricious, have calcium and soft.. As they get older their horns will grow and their canines.." Sio said, taking a deep breath.

"Anything else you'd like to know that I'd missed?" She laughed, and looked to the contents of his hand finally.

"They don't have a set price, I'd be happy just to see them go to a good family," she said, examining the contents.

Anonymous

{Jeral thinks to himself, listening to what the lady selling these Ayanijus says. Nutricious food that's soft??? Well, there's no milk here as far as I can tell. How am I gonna care for one of these...wait a freakin' second. I'm next to a forest! Good food is there. Bone marrow has calcium, is can usually be mixed into good grain and other soft foods.

"I'll try my damndest, Ma'am. Food might be a little problem, but I think I can figure that out. Is there anything they won't eat?" Jeral asks.

Anonymous

Matai is quietly listening to the owner give their care instructions to the man that had walked up asking about them.  She knew some about their care, and knew that she was capable of it herself.  She reached in her bag and pulled out all she had on her which was one gold coin and four silvers from her tips that morning.  She held her hand out to the woman with a smile.

"I will do good with the animal, I am a very practiced caretaker of all different kinds.  Please accept my payment, for it is all that I have to my name this day."

She said before bending down to look at the new hatchlings, a smile reaching her lips.

Anonymous

"Meryankh, HEEL!" Siomaat's voice boomed, the hatchlings appearing startled, Eaquro lazy.

But Meryankh acknowledged the fact that the command and manuevered her body, lifting delicate legs to pull back from her aggressive stance. She had lowered her head, scraping a forehoof off the cobblestone, snoritng, large nostrils flaring as her tail swished irritably. But she had retracted to be beside Sio, who rubbed her face as a treat.

Sio took all the money that was offered with a smile, nodding to both man and woman.

"I apologize, but sometimes they can be testy when they have something to protect. They'll eat nearly anything and have a good sense about what to eat and what not to eat. Another tip, never approach one of them from behind. There hooves are sharp and they will kick you. Directly behind is their blindspot. Hmm, think of them as a horse and a dog mixed together, despite their appearance," she said, smiling.

"Basically, any combo of some softened meat and vegetables, and something with calcium, milk, or herbs, even, if it'll strengthen them. These hatchlings will have quite a bit of growing to do! Pick any of them," Sio laughed, lifting her shoulders with a smile.

Anonymous

Jeral listens to what she says, then looks down at his hand. He sees only the gem and the rune still there. Good thief, if she thought about it. he thinks as he closes his hand around them. Jeral kneels down to the level of the hatchlings, like the woman near him also interested in them. His Angelic nature seems to spook the nearest three, but he's used to that. That always happens...and usually I get the runt, or something close to it. Ah, last runt I had grew up to be a nasty brute. he thinks as looks them over. The three that he spooked are still slightly spooked of him, but one, a smaller one then the others, seems to not be spooked (or scared, for that matter). My luck. He thinks as he sees the little one walk up to him.

(gahh! I can't think anymore....too....frickin'....late....to.....think.....)