Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

What's that?

Started by Anonymous, March 24, 2011, 01:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

This was such a thrilling place! Tiyu was sure her eyes had been in her skull since she got off the boat. So many things she had never seen before, things like out of a story or a dream! So many people and houses and just things! Like nothing she had ever seen before. She was going to die of excitement!

Dehra had given her some pretty circles of metal, which she had in her pocket, playing with them absently as she moved through the city. She was humming with excitement, head swiveling around, trying to decide where to go next.

A strange, greasy smell caught her nose and Tiyu whipped around, following it. It led her to a low building, packed with people and the scent of weird foods and something that smelled similar to beer inside it.

The island girl stepped inside, her pretty features and exotic look drawing attention. She gave a cheery wave and stepped inside, staring all around her. And then her mouth dropped. There was a yellow haired man! She had never seen one up close before!

Giving a small squeal, Tiyu bounded over, leaning down so her head was level with his, staring him in the face, "Woooow! You have yellow hair! I have never seen that before! It's so pretty! Oh!" She giggled, holding her arm up, "And you are so pale!"

Rhindeer

Sorin had just sat down and was in the middle of taking a swig of ale when a face popped up next to his. He gasped, choking on his mouthful of drink in the process, and ended up spitting what he hadn't swallowed back into his tankard. What the oh hello there...

Still wheezing, though the brunt of his coughing fit had passed, he perked up with interest and stared. He couldn't recall a time he'd seen a girl in so little clothing outside a brothel but he did not mind this straying from the norm. Was she Adelan? Her dark skin said yes, but her way of dressing, her features...it wasn't very Adelan. Odd.

So distracted was he by her body that it took him a second to realize she was speaking to him.

"Hmm? Oh, yes. It's blond. You've never seen a blond?" he asked, blinking and looking down at her arm. How strange. How could she have not encountered a blond or pale-skinned person, even living in Adela? Serenians came through here often, and some Connlaothians. Maybe she didn't get out often.

No matter, she was cute. And half naked.

Smiling, he motioned to the seat next to his. "I'm honored you like it, though, m'lady. Say, why don't you join me for a drink?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"m'lady?" Tiyu giggled. Titles were so funny to here, all the rules about who was above and below who and it just seemed so needlessly confusing. She shook her head, her odd streaked hair shimmering with the movement, "I am not a m'lady. I am Tiyu!"

She sat next to him, not at all bothered by the stares her half dressed state were getting her. She was quite comfortable in her own body, "Your yellow hair is so pretty. Can I touch it? And drink? What drink? Is that the beer smell I smell? I haven't had the beer here, but I like beer. How are you so pale? I think it's pretty! It's not like my skin."

Chatting rapidly, she didn't give Sorin much chance to respond, staring earnestly into his face, a bright smile on her lips.

Rhindeer

Sorin opened and closed his mouth several times, trying to answer her questions, but every time he thought she'd finished her barrage it turned out to be a false alarm. Finally, he snapped his mouth shut and waited until she was done--which was fine by him. It gave him time to look her over, and he had an excellent view of her cleavage with her so close.

When she'd finished, Sorin waited at least five seconds before he spoke, just to be sure this was an actual pause and not just her catching her breath.

"Tiyu..." he said, testing out the foreign-sounding name. "Well, if you haven't yet had the beer here, then I reckon we oughta change that. Barkeep!" He waved the barkeeper over and motioned to the girl. "Pour this lady a pint. It's on me."

Turning back to her, he smiled. "Y'know, I just get the feeling you're not from around here, are you?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

He was so nice! Everyone here was so nice, though they were so used to strangers among them. It surprised her how little they introduced themselves. They must just forget that everyone doesn't know everyone.

With a small laugh, Tiyu leaned forward, pressing her nose to Sorin's, "It is nice to meet you, nameless yellow haired man." Sitting back, she glanced around again, slightly confused by his 'on me' comment. What was on him?

She didn't have too much time to think on it before Sorin had her attention again, "Oh no! I am from Yoreiq! I have never been to Ket-a before." The unfamiliar name came off her tongue awkwardly.

Rhindeer

For an instant, Sorin thought Tiyu was going to kiss him. But then she only rubbed her nose against his and he furrowed his brow in puzzlement. Okay...that was odd and slightly disappointing.

As a barmaid came by and set a mug of ale down for Tiyu, Sorin gave a small laugh. "Ah, my apologies. My name's Sorin." He took another swallow of ale and leaned forward closer to her. "Can't say I've ever heard of York. Where's that?"

Anonymous

The beer had Tiyu's attention for the moment. Her dark indigo eyes widening with delight. It was so different than the beer she had back home. Gripping the mug, Tiyu lifted it to her lips and took a small taste.

It was bitter and warm and exciting! She took a much larger swallow before lowering the mug, "Ah! Sorin! That is a pretty name! I like it." The pronunciation of her home got a giggle from Tiyu, "Yoreiq. Yor-e-iq." She spoke slowly, amused by the yellow haired man.

Tiyu took another large swallow of the beer, pondering, "Where? It's..." She looked around, trying to get her barrings, then pointed, "that way I think? A long trip! Many days in a chaaar-age."

Rhindeer

"Yeah, that's what I said. Yorik." If she wasn't so pretty and so almost-naked, Sorin may have been more annoyed by some woman treating him like he was stupid. But he waved it away and listened, trying to puzzle out what she was talking about. Chaaar-age? Oh, whatever; it didn't matter. He gathered it was a long trip and the direction it was in, and that was what was important.

Because wherever this Yorik was, it might be a fun place to visit when he had time to kill, especially if all the women there dressed as she did.

"Ahh, I see. So somewhere in Adela, then." Probably some small village. Smiling, he leaned forward and, trying his luck, lightly caressed her cheek with a hand. "Are all the ladies there as lovely as you, or are you the stunning exception?"

Anonymous

"Adela? No. It's not there. It's an island!" Tiyu beamed at the man, not noticing his slight irritation. When he touched her cheek, she leaned into it, enjoying the touch. Touching was so common where she was from and people did it so rarely here. It amazed her how they were even able to survive!

"All the woman there are beautiful." Tiyu giggled, enjoying the flirting. He has such pretty hair and skin! And was so nice, "Do you really think I'm lovely? I think you're lovely too."

Rhindeer

"An island of beautiful women, eh?" Sorin mused, and was content to leave his hand right where it was, lightly playing along the skin of her cheek and neck. She seemed to enjoy it, and who was he to deny a pretty lady her pleasure?

"Mm...sounds like my kind of place. It's hard to believe that any could be as lovely as you, though. Those women have a lot of competition."

Anonymous

The hand on her cheek didn't bother Tiyu and she made no move to stop it. She giggled at the flirting, lowering her eyes, "You flatter me! I'm not that pretty! But thank you! You would be popular there! With your sunshine hair and white skin! We don't have many people like that where I am from. It's so beautiful."

Rhindeer

"You think so, hmm?" Sorin said, and thought that he wouldn't mind at all being surrounded by a horde of lovely women like this one who would all apparently find him exotic. "Then I take it you haven't been here long, have you? If you've never seen someone like me before?"

Anonymous

Tiyu shook her head, still smiling brightly, "No! I am brand new to this big island. I am not used to people with the sun in their hair and such pale skin. I like it!" She reached up, touching his cheek with her hand, "Do you not go outside?"

Rhindeer

"Huh?" That took Sorin aback and he blinked quizzically at her. "What? Of course I go outside. Why would you think I didn't?" he asked, sliding his hand away from her cheek to cover her hand with his, leaning against her touch.

Anonymous

"Because you are so white!" Tiyu laughed again. It was like talking to a child! Didn't he see how pale his skin was? Though he was so touchy! It was nice being around someone that gave her physical contact.

Tiyu scooted closer, taking a seat on his lap, her long, dark legs swinging and she grinned, "You smell funny too! All you big islanders smell funny!"

Rhindeer

Well, now, he supposed he could forgive this girl's blunt rudeness for a treat like this. While she was proving rather tactile, he hadn't exactly been expecting this sort of forwardness.

And he was not about to complain or question it.

...Well, except for the smelling funny thing.

Sorin had his arms halfway around the girl's waist before the words left her mouth and made him freeze. Uhhh... "Pardon?" he asked, and finished looping his arms around her, drawing her against his chest, offense warring with the fact that he had a pretty girl in his lap who had gotten there all on her own. "Funny how?"

Anonymous

"You smell funny!" Tiyu cuddled closer against Sorin, head resting on his shoulder, her own arms wrapped around him. It felt good to feel close against another living human again, feeling the strength and life of him.

"All of you smell like that." It wasn't really...bad. Just different than what she was used too. It was exotic and exciting. "I don't dislike it, don't worry."

Rhindeer

...Well, now he just felt weird. Being told you smell funny by am attractive woman was a bit of a downer. Even as she clarified she didn't dislike it, he was still unsure how to take it. Was she saying he stank?

Oh, whatever. She wasn't pulling away so he must not smell terrible.

"Well...thank you. I think," he said, and tried his luck, nuzzling against her hair.

Anonymous

"You're welcome!" Tiyu nuzzled her nose against his neck, inhaling the scent. Everything here was so different back home. "Don't fret so much. I didn't mean it was bad. See, I bet I smell different to you too!"

Rhindeer

"I hadn't actually given it much thought..." Sorin said as she nuzzled against his neck, feeling torn between enjoying the gesture and being a little put off by it. Was she sniffing him? How utterly bizarre. "I don't often go around smelling people."